PDA

View Full Version : Teachings of Abraham and Epigenetics

Aryana
01-24-2010, 02:02 AM
Hi!

I was doing some research on Epigenetic Medicine, and what I found is so in line with what Abraham is teaching us that I thought I would post some of what I read:

Epigenetics is probably the most important biological discovery since DNA. And it is turning the biological sciences upside down.

Now that we realize our fate is not sealed at the twining of our double helix, we avail ourselves to a whole new world of possibilities. There are things we can do to change our genetics, and therefore our health.

But beware -- these changes can be good or bad. It works both ways.

You can improve your genetics or you can damage it.

In fact, you ARE changing your genetics daily and perhaps even hourly from the foods you eat, the air you breathe, and even by the thoughts you think.

You are the "caretaker" of your genetic roadmap.

Just as your epigenome controls the expression of disease -- your mind controls your epigenome.

Therefore, your mind controls your healing.

The science of epigenetics is now beginning to explain things like placebo effect and spontaneous healing, which lacked a scientific basis until now.

Epigenetics literally means "above the genes." And what is above the genes?

Your mind!

Dawson Church cites the following impressive statistics in his book, The Genie in Your Genes: Epigenetic Medicine and the New Biology of Intention:

Heart surgery patients who have a strong social support network and spiritual practice have a mortality rate 1/7th of those who do not.

Studies show that meditating for just 30 minutes per day can boost your mood as much as antidepressants.

Older people with positive attitudes have a 23 percent lower risk of death from cardiovascular disease and a 55 percent lower risk from all other causes.

Clearly, your beliefs, thoughts, and intentions have a much stronger affect on your life than your genes do.

Isnt that amazing??

Aryana
::hearts

serenity2000
01-24-2010, 06:58 AM
This is exciting news, Aryana! The great news is that there are more and more studies and authors sharing the information in all their flavors. Bruce Lipton wrote a book called Biology of Belief in which he shares a similar viewpoint.

The Biology of Belief is a groundbreaking work in the field of New Biology. Author Dr. Bruce Lipton is a former medical school professor and research scientist. His experiments, and that of other leading edge scientists, have examined in great detail the processes by which cells receive information. The implications of this research radically change our understanding of life. It shows that genes and DNA do not control our biology; that instead DNA is controlled by signals from outside the cell, including the energetic messages emanating from our positive and negative thoughts. Dr. Lipton’s profoundly hopeful synthesis of the latest and best research in cell biology and quantum physics is being hailed as a major breakthrough showing that our bodies can be changed as we retrain our thinking.

Cheers,
Eva

Nightengale212
01-24-2010, 10:51 AM
Hi Aryana,

I too just came across an article yesterday in a recent issue of Time Magazine about Epigenetic Medicine which was of great delight to me as I embraced the beliefmany years ago by what I was witnessingin the early days of my nursing careerhow apatient'sthoughts and emotionsimpacted their clinical outcomes.And in reconizing this as a caregiver andrealizing the importanceof the emotional care I rendered to the patients byjust providing my physical presence whichlessened theiremotional distress,these less emotionally distressed patients had morepositive clinical outcomes than those emotionally distressed patients with the same diagnosis. Butwith the advances intechnology through the yearsmy time was spent more with tending to machines, medicines, papers,etc.,and very little of mytime was spenttending to the emotional needs ofpatients. ButI always held the belief that caregivers would one day return to the patients.

And I ampleased to say that I am seeing some evidence that this belief I have held for so many years is indeed manifesting in my owncurrent healthcare workexperience whichmay have a far reaching impact. Just this past weekmy physician supervisor whoholds the same belief as I dojust got awarded a large government grant as we both work for a healthcare branch of the government which the grant fundsare intended tocreate a new model of primary care. If this new model of care proves to be effective in producing positive clinical outcomes, it will be adopted by other primary care agencies across the country. So needless to say I am pretty excitedabout being directlyinvolved in the leading edge work even though it took 32 years to see it manifest in my work experience it was well worth thewait:)

Aryana
01-24-2010, 09:35 PM
Dear Nightengale212,

That is great news! How wonderful for you to be on the leading edge of this research-

And Serenity2000- thanks for the other book information-

Aryana
::hearts

LeBlanckL
01-25-2010, 02:14 AM
This is wonderful, I love seeing scientific research and Abe converge in unraveling false premises that will now be seen by a larger chunk of the human population. :beautiful:

Leslie
01-25-2010, 02:51 AM
This is so useful to me RIGHT NOW, Aryana, thank you. Thank you!
Love
Leslie::rainbow

"Now what we're saying to you is you do not understand the intricacies of your body. Your body is doing all kinds of things to bring itself into balance. Your body is so masterful –- the cells of your body are like psychic surgeons, they know what to do. "So what you're wanting to do is make every effort to relax and allow the natural rhythms of your body to take care of you. You are in such good hands if you allow it. But in your worry you are not allowing, you see." – Abe – Kona, HI, 12/9/00

From http://whatanicewebsite.com/Faq/index.php?action=artikel&cat=386922&id=252&artlang =en

KatherineCHE
01-25-2010, 11:41 AM
LeBlanckL wrote:
This is wonderful, I love seeing scientific research and Abe converge :beautiful:

Me, too!! THANKS for this thread!! ♥

::woohoo