PDA

View Full Version : Etiquette dating

chillinjoan
10-13-2010, 05:27 PM
I don't think I have hear Abraham speak of this but I am sure they would say "whatever floats your boat"

So, what floats your boat? Share the bill? Open doors? Pick you up at your house? How soon should they call after a date? Should you be honest about you don't like them?

You get the picture..........

Is there a difference in how you would date now after Abraham?

Leigh
10-13-2010, 06:28 PM
OOOh Good question Jill.

I'll be thinking this one over for a day.

Leigh

sedonawoman
10-13-2010, 07:33 PM
Doesn't Abe say, its just about having as much fun as you can try to have?
Have fun, have fun. Do whatever spontaneous things, makes you feel happy and good.
Joan, with your fabulous sense of humor,
your guy, whomever you date, is going to have a great time.! :woohoo:
You can't get it wrong no matter what you do! :kiss:

chillinjoan
10-13-2010, 07:52 PM
we better, least he be out the door. I like to be entertained as well. My late husband was hilarious ! Those were the funniest years of my life ! I wouldn't mind having that type of guy again. And he must be Aber-like !

but what type of dating manners would you want in a guy Cindy?

sedonawoman
10-13-2010, 08:09 PM
Hi CJ. I can tell you what i like in a woman. Same difference. :laugh:

I am one of those 'high maintenance' girlfriends.
I'm gonna require a lot of one's attention and time. And i let that be known
upfront. (i can slip it into a conversation). :smile:

I think in the beginning, good manners are important.
I enjoy someone who's going to send me flowers and wine and dine me.
Someone who is well spoken. Well mannered, so to speak.
If someone had bad manners or wasn't well spoken. I wouldn't be around for more than one date.

I am always attracted to those corporate women, in the business suits,
skirts and heels. Pretty and feminine. With big personalities.
So to get to that level, one would already have those types of skills,
or good manners in place.

I enjoy someone who takes the time, to plan something romantic.
Something fun, something special for me.

Once in a while, i'll hear a grumble in my dating past about the high maintenance issue.However, once things get going, they realize, they are getting as much attention and thoughtfulness and romance in return, and it all works out great.
I am very selective in whom i will accept a date with.
Perhaps sometimes too much so.

I guess if we can just keep focusing on what we do want,
and trying to get near or in that vortex, we won't be able to make any mistakes.
(i can't wait till Abe's new cd on the Vortex comes out)..

Joan, what type of guy do you like? Tell me your wish list?
"Wouldn't it be lovely if i met a guy who ______-___-____."
This is a fun topic. Thanks for starting the thread. Love you, Cindy :kiss:

sedonawoman
10-13-2010, 08:42 PM
I'd also like to say. Any single lesbians who might fit the above profile.
Please do send me a hello! :wave:

chillinjoan
10-14-2010, 09:49 AM
FIRST, and of utmost importance.............he has to make me laugh !

then Aber or Aber-like, will go with me to workshops and cruises because, of course we are both rich by then..........

I prefer the man pay for dinner and such, even if I hand him some money. I makes him feel more like a man and protector, supporter and makes me feel protected and feminine. Silly, I know, but it is a human emotional thing. So why not play the part and enjoy it.

I really would like a handsome man, doesn't mean he will be handsome to someone else, for we all have different preferences. The attraction factor would have to be strong right off, catch me off-guard so to speak. When I am very attracted to someone, I get a bit quiet..........SHOCKING, huh. Guess, I'm not attracted to anyone here... HA!

MUST love Kids and animals, MUST !

artmom
10-14-2010, 05:14 PM
I'd also like to say. Any single lesbians who might fit the above profile.
Please do send me a hello! :wave:

Wow, that sounds amazing! High powered business woman, bringing home the bacon, taking care of her lady! Talk about leading edge. You go girl! :wave:
Can't wait to see the update that says you found her and are living happily ever after, Abe style, gently down the stream merrily merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream! :snuggle:

sedonawoman
10-14-2010, 05:19 PM
Thanks artmom, that sounds so wonderful. :woohoo:
I'll invite you to the wedding.:smile: Oh, i've always wanted to get married, and flow down that happy stream as my parents did for almost 65 years. :wave:.....

honeypie
10-14-2010, 05:25 PM
I'd like to take this opportunity to pay special tribute to a man from my past who really helped me clarify what I do want in this regard. I think his name was even Jerry, but I don't remember. I like my date to dress nicely and not stick his tongue in my mouth and wiggle it back and forth like a lizard when he's saying good night.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::laugh:

p.s. I'd love to come to all your weddings and you can come to mine. :) I was just planning how I would celebrate, as a matter of fact. You'll like it!

sedonawoman
10-14-2010, 05:35 PM
Hi Honeypie. That one really made me smile.
I too, can remember an experiece or two, with a 'lizard'. It's hard to get in the house fast enough.:laugh:

We'll all come to each other's weddings.
What a wonderful idea. We get to know each other so well.
On our lovely forum!

You guys are my family for sure. Thanks Honeypie. That was great.
(i never get tired of looking at your sweet Avatar and knowing that story). :kiss:

honeypie
10-14-2010, 05:39 PM
I laughed so hard I cried when I recalled that story! And now the perfect sweet kisses are waiting for me as a result of that experience. And his vortex woman became more defined as a result of me never calling him back! :) Such goodness!!!!!!!

I like your avatar, too! :money: We're having fun with the new kitty!

chillinjoan
10-14-2010, 08:29 PM
omg the tongue, I forgot about THAT guy........OUUUUUUUUU