PDA

View Full Version : Are there any other Artist-Abers around? I do graphic art....

lauralight
01-15-2011, 02:23 AM
I sell on stock sites, I do photoshop art, I'd love others to chat with who are artists of any kind!!!!!

lacontessa
01-15-2011, 01:40 PM
Hi Laura, I am an artist! I do mostly figurative work in oil; academic style realism. Would love to meet other Aber-artists.

I was just listening to a workshop where Abraham was speaking with an artist who was having trouble bridging her now reality to her vibrational reality. They told her to look at her manifestation like a work of art in progress. Throughout much of the progress, the painting looks like nothing, or worse, like crap. But as an artist who knows her stuff, she knows that no matter what it looks like at the moment, it will come together in the end and be just as she intended. So to others looking in, and to herself in moments of doubt, she could just say, "it's a work in progress, and I know it will turn out just as I'd like." That analogy just sang to me, personally. I love it :s13:0

To me the creative process is one of the easiest arenas to apply LOA tools and see tangible results quickly. What do you think?

-Tess

7flowers
01-15-2011, 02:54 PM
Well can you define "Artist"? lol
I am always doing something or another with my hands. Right now I am doing paper mache sculpture. Not sure I qualify as an artist.....................YET! But I loooove to make stuff lol.

HopeFloats
01-15-2011, 03:43 PM
I am a graphic designer too and have been for over 20 years. I now have my own freelance practice and work from home but before manifesting my self employment 7 years ago, I manifested several great agency positions and loved the 'agency life' too. I mostly do corporate work now and don't do much 'fine art' like painting or sculpture anymore though. I love to work with color and type and photos and combine it in a way that visually communicates. I'm loving this second chapter! I hope to start doing more writing.

chillinjoan
01-15-2011, 04:33 PM
I am not a professional artist, just stuff at home fooling around. Sumi ink painting is my fav. Instead of saying 'get into the Vortex' before painting. They call it find your "Chi" before painting. It mean like your peaceful energy flow thru you.

And Boy! Can't tell by the results of your art, where you were on the Emotional Guidance Scale?

Arpeggio
01-16-2011, 03:39 PM
I am musician, I play piano. Actually, this doesn't describe Me at all...↲I love to say for myself that I am an artist in Love and Living and Allowing :-)

GaiaMaria
01-16-2011, 04:37 PM
@Tess - do you remember which workshop this was from? I feel a sudden need to hear it!

I am an artist too. Acting is my first love and my life, it's what I do as a profession but I am also a singer-songwriter (working on my first album - so excited), I draw and paint, I write, I dance. I also sew, crochet and I'm trying to make more room for photographic art as well. Basically, my entire life revolves around creativity and art, it is what brings me the most joy in this world and I could not live without it.

Arpeggio - I love what you said about being an artist in love, living and allowing. We are all fabulous artists as we create our own lives, aren't we?

lacontessa
01-16-2011, 05:39 PM
@ Joan - yes, so true. My artistic output is such a good indicator of my overall vibration!!

@ Maria - it was the Chicago 6.12.10 workshop. I would love to hear what you think after you hear it. There is also a really interesting conversation with a filmmaker who has kind of scaled back his dreams, and Abraham really gives it to him. Great stuff for creative types!

I would love to hear how everyone uses this material in their creative lives.

I draw with a group of artists every week (from the nude model) and it is soooooo abundantly clear how everyone's attitude affects their abilities. There are women in the group who have been drawing for decades, and during the breaks, they mostly talk about how "it never gets easier" and how they need months to catch back up every time they take a break from drawing. And it shows in their drawings! I usually keep my headphones on and talk to them about the weather :smile:

Sometimes these ladies will say to me like, "You are lucky to be so talented" or "Where did you study? You must have had some great teachers." And I want to say, "Yes, that may be the case, but you are talented too! You see, there is this stream..." :)

Davimaze
01-17-2011, 08:42 AM
i love art! all kind off them.. look at davimaze.com and youll se examples, Most of them are done long ago very "deep" :p some of them deleted, but some are still there! One is kind a happy, but im looking forward to do art in my vortex, but i have done art when im just tuned in tapped in and just loving the moment! look at youtube davimaze part 1, or konst and youll se that :) What is the newest way to make art of? tell me :D

christineepiphany
01-17-2011, 09:58 AM
Hi, LauraLight!
I'm a graphic designer and artist, I have an etsy.com page of affirmation cards that I design ~ it's a lot of fun and I feel like I'm doing something fulfilling, with those cards!

I recently came back to creating just for the love and fun of it (I started doing professional art at 15 years of age, and after years of that, it wasn't so fun, I was always doing what others wanted and not doing any for myself). I decided to do more of my own thing, during my free time, create art that made me happy ~ and when I decided to reinvent myself in my art, I asked myself, 'will it add to the beauty and delight and meaning in my world? Will I be doing my own unique IB thing, when I create in this way?'
My affirmation art and eventual etsy shop was the answering call to that, and it's been thrilling! There was a point in the past when Abe said, (paraphrasing),
'If we were told to write a bestselling book in 6 months, we would spend the first month lining up our energies with writing a bestselling book,
and the second month lining up our energies with writing a bestselling book,
and the third month lining up our energies,
and the fourth month lining up our energies,
and the fifth month lining up our energies,
and in the sixth month, we would write the book!'

I took that advice!
I took a handful of months beforehand to develop my vision of what I wanted to do, how I wanted this to develop, etc. (I want it to grow very slowly, so I can grow with it easily, at a relaxed pace, no pressure!), before launching my business WHEN I FELT LINED UP WITH IT!
This has made it a joy to do, and I've been privy to moments of inspiration that have been very exciting for me!

justfeel
01-17-2011, 10:58 AM
I am an artist at heart....I love to create -- it's in my blood. I work with acrylic and pencil. I also like to sculpt. I also play piano and several other instruments. For the most part, if you give me an instrument and about 10 minutes I'll be able to pump out a song or two. My higher self made that talent/desire clear to me since I was a child....lol.

Thank you so much, Christine, for sharing your story! I definitely needed to hear that right now!! Love it!

lacontessa
01-17-2011, 12:37 PM
'If we were told to write a bestselling book in 6 months, we would spend the first month lining up our energies with writing a bestselling book,
and the second month lining up our energies with writing a bestselling book,
and the third month lining up our energies,
and the fourth month lining up our energies,
and the fifth month lining up our energies,
and in the sixth month, we would write the book!'

I took that advice!

Great advice!!! I have an etsy shop too that I have kind of let fall apart because after the initial excitement of putting jewelry up there, not much happened. Maybe I will line up my energy and give it another shot from within the vortex when I'm feeling inspired. What is your etsy seller name so we can look up your shop?

Merry
01-17-2011, 07:24 PM
I am a quilt artist..my medium is fabric. I have also painted on fabric and of course did some shaving cream fabric dying. I love the feeling of the fabrics along with the way combinations of colors play off and with each other. I love manipulating the fabric into shapes and things like baskets and flowers.

Right now I am working on designing a Water Color Quilt Wallhanging to hang over my bed.

chillinjoan
01-17-2011, 07:46 PM
shaving cream fabric dying, that's a new one on me, sounds intriguing.

whenever you are in concentration while creating art, you go somewhere.........and you don't want to be interrupted, because you want to stay there.........where?

THE VORTEX NO DOUBT!!!!!!!!!!

JoshuaDM
01-17-2011, 08:25 PM
(Hey ChillinJoan,
I'll see your 5,510 posts and raise you 5! ;) That's amazing how many times you've posted! how wonderful!

@ artists--I wanted to weigh in here, and mention that there's a Group on this site for Downstream Creatives -- it's for artists and for looking at the quesiton of what is downstream art, what is a narrative that can feed us in reading/hearing/watching it, or what is a TV show that's downstream, what will inspire alignment of energies...so if you want to join the group, go to the groups tab up at the top of the screen and you can find your way there.

Of course, hardly anyone has posted anything in that group, but since I started it I've found a million examples of downstream art OUTSIDE that group on this site--the UM letters felt a lot like that to me, and some rampages of appreciation that have come through me have been the best art I've ever created, the best art I've ever experienced also--in other words, I channeled the book I most wanted to read, and not only most wanted to read in general but wanted most AT THAT MOMENT to read, the one that really could scratch the itch I had exactly then, the one that was coming to me right then from my Inner Being--and just for me, not for anyone else's pleasure but my own. It was SO amazing! It was like going at right angles to art, it was like I'd allowed myself to go 90 degrees in another direction and find 10 times the pleasure I'd found before in making art.

Actually, I know this process started years ago when I got back from Africa, or even before when I'd write poetry as a "guilty" pleasure to escape from my life...but I also know that it's gotten freer with the support of the people on this forum. So thanks folks! You all holding your attention on this forum and on your own vibrations and on your own emotional guidance systems and on your own happiness and helping me and inspiring me to an improved vibration have been allowing the creation and supporting the allowing of a new art form, something that's been more satisfying, more blissful, more beautiful, than anything I'd experienced before, and I've been elevated to a new height of pleasure in life in general than I'd thought was possible to feel...it's so good to remember this now, to remember the feeling of hope I'd had in those moments when writing those and other things on this forum, and this itself that I'm writing now is also a poem, is also art , there's no difference for me, I'm gathering the words from my Inner being that most fill me with happiness...and they helped me to remember just how good it felt (it's so easy to forget for me, but then when I've remembered that's also been an effortless thing; or maybe it's been difficult to forget but I've always worked really hard at forgetting and now I've allowed myself to take a break from working so hard at not remembering it and I've managed to feel those little blips of hope again, those little moments in the middle of other sensations and words and beliefs about reality, that felt REALLy really sweet and energizing and liberating, and also felt completely clear, it felt completely clear that this was the truth, that I could trust that life could be this good, I didn't have to doubt or ask "what's the catch?"

I just realized that this forum for me is like both an art house and a church, it's my temple for prayer and for "worship" or simply connecting with spirit--yet it's not worship in that sense of trying to be good or something, it's jut connecting with spirit for the sheer pleasure of connecting, and it feels good. I'm sure that by getting into this good vibration I'm helping myself toward allowing the farm into my experience that will be a good place for me to live, and I'm allowing into my experience the resources I need and the information and the research that I need...

I LOVE the idea of taking 5 months to align my energies and align my energies and align my energies and align my energies and align my energies and then align my energies and then align my energies and then focus on aligning my energies and then take osme time out to play and align may energies andt hen align my energies adn the ngo outsdie and align my energies and take a walk and alkgn my energeis and look at hte sky nd apprciate its roundness and then go inside under the ceilinng again and align my energies and then play and laugh wiht myself and wathc a movie that would hep me to align my nergies and then sit around and align my energis and then dance and align my energies and then punch a punching bacg and liagn my enegies and then take a bath and stare out the window at a tree and align my neegis ad hen do a couple of vibraitonl processes and align my energies and then help someone else so i could remember ho to alin my nenergies and then align my enegies and hen align my energies...

and this is more or less how I did wriet my novel, and I've been royally embarrassed about hte fact that it took so little effort, but now I don't feel embarassed any more, I feel tha this is my way of workign on the novel, in fact, and I committed (oops, what a bad wor!) I committed ealier today to someomne that I'd work on my novel and now I alrady have becaues for at least five minutes today I've aligned my enrgies and aligne my energies and aligned my energis I see a cow I love cows I've aligned my nergies adn I've tped whatever the hell I felt like typing that osundse sort of like pseudo-Abraham but more rambly and I love alignming my energies and I am grateful that I get ot alignm y energies and I appeeciate knowing how to align my nergies and I love alingmning my nergies and I dont' care that I don't really know what I'm doing wiht aligning my enrgies and its' good enough tat I sort of know howt o align my nergies and Il ove that there's no hurry o laligning my enrgies and I love that hter'es no dad line for aligning my eneregies and I love that it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks about my schedule or lack of effort in aligning my energies, and I lve that I get to be in so many beautiufl places in my mind's eye and to feel so godo in all those places and to feel the presence of hte trees in them and to feel the beauty of them more fully and more presently and morepalpably than I would even if I were actually physicallly in those plaes and that I get to appreciate the qualities of those places and that I get to notice all htepositive aspects of those places and that I get to feel the verticality of hte trees and find that delightful and that I get to love and fel in my body a love for the thickness of the trees and the roundness of hte trees and the spreading-otu-ness of hte branches above and the way they are gray all the way out to the tip where suddenly they get green or borwn and that I get to feel the beautuy of hte air around the tree, and that I get to be entirely off the hook forexplaining toanyone about hte beauty of the tree and I get to be entirely ff the hook for articulateing the beauty of hte tree and I get to be entirely off the hook for having to produce plt or tension or best-selleness or narrrativity or tension or scene or plot or tension or secnee or plot or conflict or chaater or relaism or liteariness or vulgarity or readability or understandabiliyt or comprehensiveness or narratorial detachment or omniscience or semi-omnicience or limited omniscience or verbal acrobatis cor implicity or cliaryt or anything,, I can just write abotu hte tree and enjoy bumming around wirting about the tre ad I can just be flaking out and enjoying the roundness of the tree and the spaes among words and the reachingnss of the tre, and I don't have to go anywhere or do anything or make myself dinner I have someone making it for me I'm ordering takeout and it's healthy and deliious and all of that but I can stay here wiht my friend the tree for as long as I feel like it, and I get to just enjoy the little zephyrs that stir the branches of the three and I don't haveto pretend to be inspired otr try ot get inspired or try to find words for anything or revise or fix or upstream or smplify or clarify or map out or outline or sktch or pursue any of hte trillion superstitions of the "how to write" industry, I can just align my goddamn f-ing energies for another day and feel good and know that it's solid and know that what I'm doing is eal, and trust my own sense o fthings and trust my own emotional guidane system, for there is nothing else on earth I'drather do than trust what's beignsaid to me form in here, this is the book I'll always read.

And now I feel like taking five months to align my energies with having a really hot lover!!!

christineepiphany
01-18-2011, 01:30 PM
I am an artist at heart....I love to create -- it's in my blood.

Everyone is a creater at heart~
own yours!

christineepiphany
01-18-2011, 01:39 PM
Lacontessa, I know how you feel~ I started this with a plan to go sloooowww and steeeeady, thinking it wouldn't be daunting if I found, when I got in there, that I wasn't lined up with getting lots of sales and satisfying lots of customers, all at once! I'm looking at it from a 5 year plan, and like I mentioned, I worked months on lining up with it, beforehand!
But still, there's nothing like really getting in the middle of it to find out just how lined up I am!! I've had one sale so far (on my birthday), so I've been continuing my lining-up-energy, focusing on the gooood feeeeeling of selling to people who really want and love the affirmation cards!
My shop name is ScatteringStarsArt~ thanks for asking!

By the way, love the profile painting~ Reynolds? Mercy, I've forgotten the artist!
But did you know that she's showing her rouged ear? It was very, very daring! Heehee!

lauralight
01-18-2011, 09:18 PM
Well can you define "Artist"? lol
I am always doing something or another with my hands. Right now I am doing paper mache sculpture. Not sure I qualify as an artist.....................YET! But I loooove to make stuff lol.

Oh, paper mache, I also love useing that paper and covering cardboard boxes to make them decorative with that clear glue. I want to do more of that.

lauralight
01-18-2011, 09:24 PM
I'd so love to chat with you more....... I haveonly developed so far as a photoshop artist, but I'm practicing and expanding my abilities daily.

lauralight
01-18-2011, 09:25 PM
I personally love the craft of graphic art because it's much like virtual reality

lacontessa
01-18-2011, 10:12 PM
Christine -- Your shop looks great! I love the idea of carrying affirmation cards in your wallet. My shop is called Sogni d'Oro (dreams of gold in Italian :) ) but I don't have anything up right now. I make jewelry and hair accessories out of vintage materials and I really love it, so maybe I'll put some stuff up again once I'm more in alignment with that idea.

The painting is Sargent's Madame X. That man is my technical idol and vibrational lover, I just love his work!

Does anyone want to post some pictures of their work just for fun? I have a few drawings & paintings I've done lately that I could share if anyone is interested and I would love to see what you all are working on. We could also use Joshua's group for this :s13:

Davimaze
01-19-2011, 05:02 AM
Im just learning to use computers programs like photoshop and illustrator to make paintings, Its soo fun and i see all the possible possibilys. But im not so good at the mouse thing so it turns out to something uglier than i imagined haha, but then i just laugh and say "ill get better" this was the first i made, i love them and i know it always can be better.
This was from a assignment in school, to re-do a painting to commercial, i made it for a business that takes cares of kids with psychological problems.. Dont worry - Be happy! :D i reeeally loved the idea, but i had something different and more beautiful in mind, And im the newest to learn this haha xD And hey,,, Remember where you saw it first right ;D

Go a head! post your art!! will be lovely to see! :D

Davimaze
01-19-2011, 06:16 AM
PLease share with us! :D where are joshuas group at? you meen we put in there or here? :D

paradise-on-earth
01-19-2011, 06:46 AM
I just realized that this forum for me is like both an art house and a church

Im with you, Joshua! And sometimes its sad we cant share more art. I would LOVE to have a "house of art" hehe, a "church of deliberate creation"...
editing: ;) Im a bit sour around the term church, maybe... but I think we all know whats meant. Celebrating our joy, life-force, fascination, skills, love, adoration, appreciation. Celebrating texture, form, colour, sound, fragrance, light, taste, movement, power, the "materials of physicality".

Im a writer of poetry, novels and nonfiction.
Im a painter and sculptor (my avatar is a watercolour from myself), an interiour- and gardendesigner, I design furnishing and daily-life-items. I work with fabrics and natural materials, beads, quilting and embroyderie, doing collages and all kinds of cross-breeds :laugh:

I LOVE to cook,
I LOVE to make love
I LOVE to uplift and "heal",
I LOVE to communicate (not just with people)
I LOVE to bring all kinds of life together in artistic, beautiful ways. There is no end, really...

Mostly I love to be the creator of my life in this deliberate way we all shoot for. That is the TOP of all creating! :hearts:

paradise-on-earth
01-19-2011, 06:58 AM
I love the idea of making an own thread for our own art, too, this would be sooo interesting (and Im sure, very uplifting!). There are so many rampages with wonderful pictures... lets do one for "us"!

-Uploaded paintings, Photos of dancing and of beautiful cakes, jewelry, crafts, blankets, makeupdesign, floristics, pottery... maybe videos of dance and song!? Not for advertising, but sharing!

christineepiphany
01-19-2011, 11:05 AM
Lacontessa, of course, SARGENT! I can't believe I forgot his name!

I've found your shop on etsy and Favorited it~ if you decide to add something to it, let me know!

Davimaze, your "don't worry" picture delights me!

HopeFloats
01-19-2011, 03:08 PM
I am not a professional artist, just stuff at home fooling around. Sumi ink painting is my fav. Instead of saying 'get into the Vortex' before painting. They call it find your "Chi" before painting. It mean like your peaceful energy flow thru you.

Hi Joan, I too love sumi painting. It is like an extension of who I am. Very serene while I'm painting. I'm sending this little piece of my "Chi" to you.

HopeFloats
01-19-2011, 03:18 PM
This was from a assignment in school, to re-do a painting to commercial, i made it for a business that takes cares of kids with psychological problems.. Dont worry - Be happy! :D

Davimaz, what fun! Every day I have this little card by my computer to remind me to 'Be Happy'...Do you know the cartoons Tweetie and Sylvester? When ever I need to lighten up I look at it and it makes me laugh!

chillinjoan
01-19-2011, 03:26 PM
Hope, Love love loved you bamboo !!!!!!!! so fun and freeing..........

and Davi, there is another thread you might like "Let's fall in Love" , it has pictures of all types of couples all over it!

7flowers
01-19-2011, 03:33 PM
Here is my paper mache sculpture. I still haven't decided how to paint her yet. Her name is Unity.
Here's a couple of custom toilet seats I've made too! Woodburned and painted.
That's my friends dog "Scooter" lol

chillinjoan
01-19-2011, 03:44 PM
swirl, awesome, just so creative and beautiful ! You sell them at Art Shows?

7flowers
01-19-2011, 03:50 PM
Thanks Joan! I used to sell the seats on eBay and to a website that doubled the price and sold them lol. I got sick of making them and started doing other things. I had a crafters contract with OU football to make seats using their logo, but by the time I sold enough to pay for the labels I would have been sick of doing them lol. No creativity in making the same thing over and over again.
Been draggin' Unity around for over 10 years now lol! She has really evolved! She had wings at one time but made me cut them off lol. I just started working on her again this last year. Couldn't figure out how I wanted to paint her, so I bought some books and videos on acrylic abstract excercizes and then got sidetracked with the paintings! Actually sold 2 of them and they were just practice excercizes. Sold to a medical clinic and the guy says he'll buy as many as I can make lmao! Kinda already tired of painting too though heeheee.............

chillinjoan
01-19-2011, 03:59 PM
Instead of "Starving Artist" , you are the "Tired Artist"

7flowers
01-19-2011, 04:03 PM
More like the ADD artist lol! I also loooooove making costumes and props! I need a little shop where I can just make whatever pops into my head whenever I get the urge too!

chillinjoan
01-19-2011, 04:33 PM
I do believe I saw a Rocket shaped like Unity go off !!!!!!!!

7flowers
01-19-2011, 04:48 PM
Most definitely!:rocket:

Davimaze
01-20-2011, 03:57 AM
What a beautiful art statue skwirl!! i love it!, dont think it even needs colour. But hey it can always be better and better, eternally. But its beautiful! And that cow with horns is really cute, i could have it in my room on my door, so it looks at me everytime i pass by :)

Haha thats so fly Hopefloats! i love that little bird, like to watch in cartoon, I guess the little birdie knows about the law of attraction cause he never gets catch by the cat ;D

Thanks for it delights you christine! :D My teacher in class, in the first lessons he didnt understand my thinking way of doing things first he was very skeptic especially when i did a version about a new google icon and i went and did a short version for google and called it gog. He was almost pissed of that! haha. But now he starts to open up.. Like Jerry said in a tape that he said to his teacher that he though that africa once been sat together with europe and hes teacher was pissed off. But eventuelly science discovered that that was the fact as well :) intresting! first i though, hmm my teacher was angry about that should i think differently? but i sticked with my intentions and now im the student that gives the most intresting or outside the box work in class :)

Thanks Joan! ill check it out ;D

toadypants
01-20-2011, 08:10 AM
Hey here I am, late to the party, but I'm an artist too.....well, I consider myself an artisan more. I do pottery. Years ago, used to be a tattoo artist.

I'm also a Sign Language Interpreter, and my specialty is interpreting comedy shows.

Running late here, I haven't even had a chance to look through the thread. I have to zoom off now, but I just had to finally check in

:wave:

chillinjoan
01-20-2011, 09:45 AM
maybe just throw a little blue-gray wash over Unity to give it depth?

and toady! What an awesome job you have ! Sign language interpreter of comedy shows ! What a happy satisfactory arena while laughing ! Very Vortexy job!

7flowers
01-20-2011, 02:04 PM
Thank-you Davimaze! That was a picture that someone sent me to put on the seat. It's one of my favorites! I did one that was "team roping" and I accidentally gave the cow 5 legs and had already put so much work into it I just had to find a way to save it! So I went and got a little bit of sand and mixed it with varnish and globbed it on over the leg (the picture had dust all kicked up by the horses and cow anyway) so that you couldn't see it, and the guy gave me $20 extra because it had REAL dirt on it lol! I LOVE IT!!

Toady pants I'm with Joan that job sounds fascinating!!

Joan it's funny that you say that because that was the very first idea that popped into my head! But wanted to do the orbs in some different colors kinda marbley or something I dunno, it'll come to me!

lacontessa
01-20-2011, 02:23 PM
It is so fun to see everyone's art! Awesome. Keep them coming.

I will share a couple of paintings I happen to have photos of... I left my camera at my friends' house so when I get that back I will share some things I've done in the last few months :smile:

These are oil paintings on mixed media collage (paper, copper leaf). The way they show up is a bit deceptive... the first is only 6x6 inches and the second is 24x30 inches!

lacontessa
01-20-2011, 02:25 PM
PLease share with us! :D where are joshuas group at? you meen we put in there or here? :D

This is Joshua's group: http://www.abeforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

I haven't posted there yet but certainly will :)

Merry
01-20-2011, 02:37 PM
skwirl:

Unity is such an Aber piece. I know people see art differently...so I wanted you to know that your piece did speak to me. The graceful curves of the sculpture...and it appears to me that her roots are planted into the earth while she holds onto other Universal Planets or elements or orbs. Like I am the Universe, I created the Universe...I am joy and I dance with the Universe. Yeah Unity is an Aber.

No matter what colors you do decide to paint her...she will be fabulous as she already is. Please though make sure you post a picture of the finished creation...even if it is already done...in your Vortex...would still be nice to see the manifestation.

toadypants
01-20-2011, 02:43 PM
Joan and skwirl.....haaa :) yes when I get to do shows, it's the best ever! One time a student said he saw my aura--I was surrounded by white light :D. I'm damn good at it!

Don't get to do it very often though....only a couple times a yhear. Normally it's academics, which can be very cool, like criminal justice or philosophy....or, it could be grad level statistics. Urk.

toadypants
01-20-2011, 02:45 PM
@contessa....

Awe.
Some.
!

7flowers
01-20-2011, 03:22 PM
WOW Lacontessa! You are so very very talented! Those are amazing!

Merry, thank-you so much! :kiss: That is exactly how I see her! I was reading "Conversations With God" and stopped reading to think of a name for my sculpture. All of a sudden "Unity" popped into my mind and I thought it couldn't be more perfect! So I resumed reading and in the very next paragraph I read "Unity, the awareness of oneness" (or something like that) WOW! I just knew that name came straight from my IB so yes she is most definitely an Aber!!

It's funny how different things "speak" to different people. Some people don't like her at all and tell me how I should change her, some don't even notice that she has a humanoid type form, some see it right off the bat and totally get it with no words offered! I love it!

Oh and yes I will definitely post pictures!

Lauralight thank-you so much for starting this thread!!

chillinjoan
01-20-2011, 03:55 PM
skirl, love the marbley globe idea. It would be really cool if it looked like glass with an inner light, like their is a world within.......a bit over the top though........

yes, contessa, very unique art, I love it !

I used to do stained glass and did the art show thing for awhile. I had to sell my stuff.glass/tools, everything, to pay some bills, I cried that day. BUT AM FINE AND DANDY NOW !

HopeFloats
01-20-2011, 05:05 PM
I will share a couple of paintings I happen to have photos of...

So amazingly beautiful and I can only imagine how much more so to see them live. I love the patterned fabrics you have in both backgrounds...adds such nice texture and richness! Is it the same model (self portrait?) Her eyes on the left one really pull you in. Thanks so much for sharing!!!!

7flowers
01-20-2011, 05:35 PM
Well whoever it is, she is stunning!

lacontessa
01-21-2011, 12:31 AM
Wow, thank you guys! They are different models, both friends. I really love to do portraits :s13::s13::s13:

chillinjoan
01-21-2011, 08:34 AM
Very impressive, I am a huge fan! Is you Avatar a painting of yours also?

Arpeggio
01-21-2011, 08:52 AM
I'm planning to upload to YT my music, just a simple improvisation, just be patient :smile:
I love this thread! I love all of you, I love all of us, powerful creators and allowers!
Art is cooking, loving, driving, playing, singing, drawing, the Vortex is the Art of MINE!
Love ya!
Vesna

chillinjoan
01-21-2011, 09:59 AM
I created 4 children ! My most artistic creations of alllll.......

toadypants
01-21-2011, 11:08 AM
to join a lot of good work on this thread :)

:D :D :D

toadypants
01-21-2011, 11:13 AM
wouldn't go on the first post

paradise-on-earth
01-21-2011, 11:26 AM
I LOVE them, toadypants!!!! :hearts:

7flowers
01-21-2011, 12:20 PM
OOOH! I love them too Toadypants!

chillinjoan
01-21-2011, 01:16 PM
I like the tall pitcher one best, ......I can see some bamboo growing out of that one.

christineepiphany
01-21-2011, 01:50 PM
lacontessa, I very much enjoy the warm quality of your portraits, and as a portrait artist myself, I applaud your sense of proportion!

chillinjoan
01-21-2011, 02:39 PM
Here's a thought.............do you think Abraham could paint like the Master's?

HopeFloats
01-21-2011, 08:30 PM
Here's a thought.............do you think Abraham could paint like the Master's?

Oh, intriguing thought! I guess if it was in Esther's wanting they could through her...but she'd have to want it. I heard them say once that she could fly if she wanted to...but it "wasn't in her wanting" or something to that effect..

lacontessa
01-21-2011, 08:41 PM
Toady I especially love the teal mugs in the center photo, what a beautiful glaze effect!

Very impressive, I am a huge fan! Is you Avatar a painting of yours also?
I wish! The painting is Madame X by John Singer Sargent, my hero. I am actually involved in an incredibly exciting co-creative experience in which I have connected with a teacher who was trained in the same manner as Sargent, and who is now starting his own atelier, and I am going to be his first student! It is a very long story, but suffice to say, it is truly a dream come true, and a wonderful example of the unfathomable means through which the universe manifests our desires!

And Joan, good question. I have lots of questions to ask Abraham about art when i get the opportunity :)

Marie1967
01-21-2011, 08:48 PM
I love woodworking; specifically, building and decorating dollhouses. Some I've donated to childrens charities, other's I've kept for myself.

paradise-on-earth
01-22-2011, 01:58 AM
Toady I especially love the teal mugs in the center photo, what a beautiful glaze effect!

I wish! The painting is Madame X by John Singer Sargent, my hero. I am actually involved in an incredibly exciting co-creative experience in which I have connected with a teacher who was trained in the same manner as Sargent, and who is now starting his own atelier, and I am going to be his first student! It is a very long story, but suffice to say, it is truly a dream come true, and a wonderful example of the unfathomable means through which the universe manifests our desires!

And Joan, good question. I have lots of questions to ask Abraham about art when i get the opportunity :)
Thrilling. Keep us informed, please! I LOVE your paintings, they are incredibly "lively", do you say it this way? Ooooh, such storys soundlike fairytales. Goosebumps!

paradise-on-earth
01-22-2011, 01:59 AM
I love woodworking; specifically, building and decorating dollhouses. Some I've donated to childrens charities, other's I've kept for myself.
Sweeeeet! What a great way to start the day to revel in all this!!!!

spiritgirl
01-22-2011, 12:58 PM
Hi all, I'm new to the forum and so far I love the variety of topics that are discussed. I really love this thread because art of all sorts is my only hobby. I love the teal pitcher too the leaf really stands out against the green. I haven't done much pottery but I have done quite a bit of jewelry. I also do oil pastel on cardstock when I can get it uploaded I'll share some of what I've done. I also do collage and mixed media. Love and Light to all:s13::notes::s1:

chillinjoan
01-23-2011, 12:00 PM
wow, looking forward to seeing your creations. Isn't amazing how many Aber Artists there are !

k-mila
01-25-2011, 06:15 PM
Hello everyone!!

WOW!! one of my favorite threads!! hehehehe I am an Artist too... Im a Graphic designer, i used to paint when i was younger, i do some photograpy and Ive been a flamenco dancer since i was a little girl... so... basically... I LOVE ART! unfortunatelly have not been able to make ART a way to make aliving...

Id love to chat with other artists too...

now im at my office and cannot show some of my art, but later i will!!! I have some video on youtube of my performances...

LOVE!!

joannnnnn!! missing you ;)

chillinjoan
01-25-2011, 07:30 PM
yeah! wad up girl????

qzel
01-30-2011, 02:24 PM
hay, I have a bunch of realistic life-drawing / painting stuff, and I also "make things" usually with a sense of humor.

(http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=133001&id=591648241)

Danyboy
02-05-2011, 12:41 AM
Hi. Im an art lover too. Anything that catches my eye is considered art to me.
:P I do photography. Nature, fine-art. Its one of my passions.

Marge
02-11-2011, 12:14 AM
Hello Laura! I'm new in here, and glad to see other artists! I do oil and watercolor, and love playing with colored pencil and graphite at times.Of course I do photography!! I paint from my own shots. I Love doing Native American paintings, etc, as I attend Pow Wows in New England through out the summer here, in Ma , Ct, and RI.The photo uploader here isnt working, it seems, but i'll try to uplaod a shot at another time!

WillowA
02-20-2011, 05:20 AM
Hello you all,

I love everything that makes me feel when I look at it, that makes my mind wander to places I want to follow.
As for myself, I am trying to create pictures in minds by writing short stories and novels. Love it, love it, love it.

It's so nice to meet you all.

Willow

chillinjoan
02-20-2011, 11:08 AM
check out MiAllma homepage for her art

MiAlma
02-21-2011, 07:03 AM
check out MiAllma homepage for her art

Thank you Joan! :hugging:

I hadn't seen this thread before! Maybe because I wasn't a match to it until now.
How wonderful to see so many artists on the forum! Pretty cool. I am going to read the thread from the beginning and milk it! :kiss:

MiAlma
02-21-2011, 07:27 AM
Ok, just got caught up. :)

Wow, how talented are all of you! I loved the paintings Lacontessa! And the pottery work! And I love "Unity"! Thank you for sharing your work with us!

ETA: I forgot to mention that make mixed media/acrylic paintings and I love to do B&W photography. : )

lisarts
02-22-2011, 02:30 PM
I LOVE that there are so many aber artists around :D I am an artist too :) I do various things like paintings, action paintings, sketching, sculpturing...just what I am in the mood for when I am itv :D

lauralight
02-24-2011, 03:45 AM
I cannot figure out how to put my art in a thread reply, or to even change my avatar to one of my art. So I put three pieces up on my photos on my profile for this site.

chillinjoan
02-24-2011, 03:44 PM
WOW, sexy lady! Love the dolphin plane too!

Reikitim
02-24-2011, 04:47 PM
Hi everyone!
I am an artist as well! My band put out a Happy alternative metal album last year ... you can listen at www.poois.net.... and i am currently in the production phase of putting on my 1st musical in Atlanta... called 14th street deli bathroom... a lot of the songs, immature as they may be were influenced by the sensation and joy of implementing Abe processes! There is quite no other feeling than the exhilaration that is felt when you recieve the exact musical or literary phrase that pops into your mind when you are open and allowing!

ryaker
02-24-2011, 07:04 PM
I am a artist. Photography is my medium. Since really getting into the Abe stuff I have been inspired to photography of the inside of kaleidoscopes. Its been a 3 year journey since I first started taking the shots until now where I am begining to sell my work. Heard a great clip on vibrational marketing (I've heard many before but this one registered differently) that I am going to be applying at my next showing.

http://www.acoupleofartists.com/homeage_images/Tourquoise%20Feather%203x3.jpg

http://www.acoupleofartists.com/photos/20100812/IMG_4944-Edit.jpg

http://www.acoupleofartists.com/photos/20100812/IMG_2739.jpg[/URL]

http://www.acoupleofartists.com/photos/20100812/IMG_4649.jpg

http://www.acoupleofartists.com/photos/20100812/IMG_2476.jpg

7flowers
02-25-2011, 04:01 PM
WOW! What a wonderful and unique idea! Those are awesome!

Have you ever tried making your own Kaliedescope? I'll bet you could think of all kinds of different things to put in it to photograph! I used to have instructions and if I remember right it was really easy.

7flowers
02-25-2011, 09:34 PM
9240Ok, here are my first acrylic paintings.

MiAlma
02-25-2011, 09:52 PM
skwirl! Those are gorgeous! I love them all, especially the last one!

MiAlma
02-25-2011, 09:54 PM
ryaker: those are beautiful!! What clip are you refering to? Would love to hear it! Thanks!

Merry
02-25-2011, 10:18 PM
As a quilter I know there are quilts that are made called Kaleidoscopes Quilts. This is an example of one.

The one picture with the dark blue and the purple...almost looks as if there are butterflies swirling out from a vortex...that would make a fantastic quilt wall hanging. I think I have just added something to my Vortex.

MiAlma
02-26-2011, 07:34 AM
Thank you ryaker!

PS: I forgot to mention to send it to me via PM. We are not allowed to post YT video links. lol. Thank you so much though. : )

lisarts
08-29-2011, 05:29 AM
I'm an artist too :wave:

I paint, draw, sketch, sculpture and just create random art. Since I really started getting the hang of the Law of Attraction my art became more and more ITV and I am just enjoying every minute of my creations and I am just blissfully happy about me as an artist...

I have one photo of my art on another thread http://www.abeforum.com/showthread.php?25038-Everything-I-Want-Is-Manifesting!

and on my homepage (check my profile for the link) you'll find more of my art :woohoo:

Love all the other artists around here!!! Fabolous new itv creations :kiss:

chillinjoan
08-29-2011, 09:19 AM
a PRECIOUS SOUL IN EVERY PAINTING, SCULPTURE, WRITING...........ART=SOUL

Salynn
09-04-2011, 04:46 AM
Im a fashion designer. Art is great especially if you are inspired. Anyone can contact me via email

Joyous_LadyJ
09-18-2011, 09:09 AM
Funny I found this thread this a.m. when I was just looking at storage bins for my fabric collection.

When I bought my home seven years ago I made one of the bedrooms into a quilt room but between raising the girls and being so busy with my career and now my own company I have not spent 10 hours in there in all these years.

During the past week I decided to pack it up and store all my fabric and other accessories and make a 2nd guest bedroom which will be more useful than the quilt room at this time.

Just a few hours ago I was soul searching (doing the gut check thing) about whether I really wanted this change and this thread has helped me KNOW that this is the right course for now.

I used to live and breathe quilting and know I will someday (perhaps when grandbabies begin arriving) want to spend time in this pursuit again but for now I am content to pack it and store it.

I was a fabricaholic for a number of years so I have a vast collection but it will store well.

Thanks!

chillinjoan
09-18-2011, 12:20 PM
Jeannie !!!!!!!! I made my first quilt when my daughter was 5 yrs old. My granddaughter is now using it !!!! Faded, yes....but it has worn into such a soft comfy cozy fabric, that she won't give it up.
I did good.
and so will you.

a_muchness
09-27-2011, 10:18 AM
I'm a photographer :) I love the kaleidoscope images Ryaker. I once visited a wonderful little shop in Manitou Falls, CO that sold custom kaleidoscopes (and other glass art). I have no idea if it's still there (it was maybe 6yrs ago)
And I'd love to see more of everybody's art! I love photography but I've been kinda ootv lately and not in the habit of taking pics so much.

ArmandoT
11-11-2011, 08:47 PM
Guitar and bass player here! :) I'm really into heavy metal but I used to play in church so I have a wide range lol

chillinjoan
11-12-2011, 11:50 AM
gotta appreciate heavy metal in church.......just where might this church be?

ArmandoT
11-13-2011, 07:29 PM
hahah that's an interesting idea, I meant that I played typical acoustic choir like songs at church even though Im a metal fan

lslukas
11-13-2011, 11:40 PM
Just noticed this thead. I'm an artist too - have been forever. And I teach it - its what I do, besides painting. I sort of prefer the word maker - because thats closer to the truth of how I feel. I just love to make stuff . My avatar is one of my paintings. You can see more if you're so inclined - on my website [ address on my profile page ] I am delighted to be able to do so much of what I LOVE everyday. Hearts to you all - dear creative family!

chillinjoan
11-14-2011, 09:10 AM
wow Lori, Impressive ! Are those ceramic photos or are they paintings? Love you water color snowmen ! I like the term Creator better than maker.

lslukas
11-14-2011, 12:06 PM
Thanks Joan - they are paintings of ceramic objects. Its a kind of long story. There is an artist statement on every page showing individual exhibits. I've been interested in and painting about multidimensionality for a very long time - ever since I discovered Seth. When I discovered Abe around the time the Secret came out - all the " spiritual" marbles fell into place. And then all hell broke loose. For the last year I haven't been painting anything other than demo's in classes - first time in 30 years. I couldn't action my through things anymore - and it was a little bit scary. But very worth it. This last year of aligning and realigning has been fantastic, scary, fantastic etc... I'm about to begin work on my most complex series of works yet and I'm thrilled. And I'm thrilled that I still get to spend my time either doing what I love to do or talking to other folks about it. I love those silly little Snowfolks too.

chillinjoan
11-14-2011, 01:43 PM
can't wait ! Art does tell your life emotional story, doesn't it?

lslukas
11-14-2011, 01:50 PM
You know Joan - teaching art has been a great way for me to ....inadvertently let's say, share the teachings of Abe. Making art is such a teriffic metaphor for living life. Delish.

~LaJade~
12-02-2011, 12:42 AM
Hello Fellow Abe-Artists! I have been drawing all my life, but I have tattooing for the last 3 years as "work" I absolutely love co-creating with clients to create custom, permanent body art. I love working with color and doing abe-inspired tattoos.....
this is a latest owl tattoo I've done (inspired by Solomon from the Sara book series:)

I have yet to tattoo a fellow Aber (that I've known of at least...) It's in my vortex though! Vortex tattoos anyone???

There's a link to my full portfolio on my profile:)
http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6180/6173982650_381ac9f540.jpg

eleven11
12-13-2011, 09:58 AM
ME!!! I have only been painting a year or so, and I quit for a while because I got frustrated with myself - but now that I have found Abe and the teachings and know that I can have anything I desire, including the ability to paint the way I want to, I am picking the brushes back up again!

chillinjoan
12-14-2011, 09:09 AM
with one hell of an art room !!!!!!!!!!!!

eleven11
12-14-2011, 10:41 AM
with one hell of an art room !!!!!!!!!!!!

yes!!!:kiss:

Chantal2011
12-15-2011, 04:03 PM
Hi, LauraLight!<br>
I'm a graphic designer and artist, I have an etsy.com page of affirmation cards that I design ~ it's a lot of fun and I feel like I'm doing something fulfilling, with those cards! <br>
<br>
I recently came back to creating just for the love and fun of it (I started doing professional art at 15 years of age, and after years of that, it wasn't so fun, I was always doing what others wanted and not doing any for myself). I decided to do more of my own thing, during my free time, create art that made me happy ~ and when I decided to reinvent myself in my art, I asked myself, 'will it add to the beauty and delight and meaning in my world? Will I be doing my own unique IB thing, when I create in this way?'<br>
My affirmation art and eventual etsy shop was the answering call to that, and it's been thrilling! There was a point in the past when Abe said, (paraphrasing), <br>
'If we were told to write a bestselling book in 6 months, we would spend the first month lining up our energies with writing a bestselling book, <br>
and the second month lining up our energies with writing a bestselling book, <br>
and the third month lining up our energies, <br>
and the fourth month lining up our energies, <br>
and the fifth month lining up our energies, <br>
and in the sixth month, we would write the book!'<br>
<br>
I took that advice! <br>
I took a handful of months beforehand to develop my vision of what I wanted to do, how I wanted this to develop, etc. (I want it to grow very slowly, so I can grow with it easily, at a relaxed pace, no pressure!), before launching my business WHEN I FELT LINED UP WITH IT! <br>
This has made it a joy to do, and I've been privy to moments of inspiration that have been very exciting for me!<br>
Hi, I'm an artist too, paintings, I started not so long ago...I use acrylic and spray and also various materials like paper, clay, sand, ect. I tried few things to sell my paintings, didn't work so much, and I'm not mad at doing exhibitions, takes too much time, it is not that I'm crazy about selling but I can't keep all the paintings in my place! Too many. so I will use this advice and develop a vision of how I would like things to happen.<br>Thank you for sharing with us!

Chantal2011
12-15-2011, 04:09 PM
congratulations! It is so good to paint:smile:

Chantal2011
12-15-2011, 04:11 PM
ME!!! I have only been painting a year or so, and I quit for a while because I got frustrated with myself - but now that I have found Abe and the teachings and know that I can have anything I desire, including the ability to paint the way I want to, I am picking the brushes back up again!
congratulations it is so good to paint:smile:

Chantal2011
12-15-2011, 04:12 PM
Hello Fellow Abe-Artists! I have been drawing all my life, but I have tattooing for the last 3 years as "work" I absolutely love co-creating with clients to create custom, permanent body art. I love working with color and doing abe-inspired tattoos.....
this is a latest owl tattoo I've done (inspired by Solomon from the Sara book series:)

I have yet to tattoo a fellow Aber (that I've known of at least...) It's in my vortex though! Vortex tattoos anyone???

There's a link to my full portfolio on my profile:)
http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6180/6173982650_381ac9f540.jpg
Very nice Lajade!

Chantal2011
12-15-2011, 04:15 PM
can't wait ! Art does tell your life emotional story, doesn't it?
Yes chillinjoan, art reveals exactly what you feel! and who you are!!

Chantal2011
12-15-2011, 04:27 PM
9240Ok, here are my first acrylic paintings.
9237 wow these are really beautiful, I'm a painter too, abstract, recently join this thread....not used to all the secrets yet (could'nt find how to put an avatar...)

Chantal2011
12-15-2011, 04:32 PM
Hello you all,

I love everything that makes me feel when I look at it, that makes my mind wander to places I want to follow.
As for myself, I am trying to create pictures in minds by writing short stories and novels. Love it, love it, love it.

It's so nice to meet you all.

Willow
It is nice to meet you, Willow, I love your Avatar!

eleven11
12-15-2011, 07:03 PM
wow these are really beautiful, I'm a painter too, abstract, recently join this thread....not used to all the secrets yet (could'nt find how to put an avatar...)

Hi! :wave: Welcome! To edit your avatar there is a link at the top right of your page that says "Settings" - click that and then on the left there are links where you can edit your avatar. Hope that helps!

Willa
12-16-2011, 12:41 PM
I write and I take indescribable pleasure from that. Can that go under the artist label?

Chantal2011
12-16-2011, 01:30 PM
Hi! :wave: Welcome! To edit your avatar there is a link at the top right of your page that says "Settings" - click that and then on the left there are links where you can edit your avatar. Hope that helps!
Thank you very much eleven11, I'll try that right away as I particularly like the avatar I will put, I painted it!http://www.abeforum.com/images/icons/icon7.png

goldendisc
01-15-2012, 12:38 PM
Hi Abers,
thank you for all your gorgeous postings and sharing about your creative lives. I am a musician living in Berlin, I would love to learn more about applying LOA and Abraham to music. I have created a lot of songs that I really love and had a band going for a while. I now hunger to reach new levels of beauty, mastery of the medium, greatness. The feeling I want to have is total trust in the process, in what is coming out of me creatively, that it is good and valuable. I still vibrate negatively around questions of worth, as though I am waiting for someone to come down and say, "you're a really wonderful musician, you must keep doing this". In the vortex, I know I am a portal to something amazing, beautiful, luxurious, bright, even heartbreaking, something that casts a spell and grabs you, I know that I am meant to be doing this, was born to do it, and that I am good.

Dreema71
02-14-2012, 12:20 PM
Hi everyone,I've been lurking around on this site for a while now. I've never really felt like I wanted to post and have ben happy reading and learning from you all but. Recently I have been fighting with the idea of joining in and posting, specifically on this thread. I am an illustrator and I also dabble in Graphic Design. Art and creativity as cheesy as it sounds is my main passion in life but I have unfortunately not been able to make a living pursuing it. For whatever reason I am not vibrating with a successful career in Art and design although it's all I live for.
The main motivation for this post was to in a sense place a flag at the start of my new direction so that when I finally vibrate with my desires I and others can see the journey.
I currently work in a restaurant which provides my income. It is a great restaurant with three hundred years of history,I love the location, I find the job easy and even enjoyable at times and I enjoy being with my coworkers, I only work three days of the week so have decided to spend the rest of the week enjoying my life, doing artwork and preparing for a new job opportunity. I am in a relationship which creates a lot of contrast which has enabled me to be more specific in my wanting in regards to a relationship. Since I first conceived of the idea to jump in and add to the forum I have managed to align with an illustrators agency that is happy to represent me and place me with paying clients.
From this point on I expect to be moving forward toward my desires, to Vibrate and attract more from my escrow, to be more in the vortex.
thanks for reading and of course feel free to comment, any advice is welcome.

freelikeabird
04-21-2012, 02:25 AM
So glad i found this! I am ready to get back to my acting! I have been away from it for 3 yrs now and I am not working with an acting coach in LA. I feel the Energy flowing through me so much! I have a little one and at times I feel or think,how am I going to really pursue this dream with her, i know it sounds odd. Acting takes a lot of my thoughts and when i am at work, I am also online looking for the next audition...is this bad? All I want to do is act, book commercials....then Film..! Any other actors here?

The Ray Of Light
04-21-2012, 09:49 AM
HEY I'm an Artist !!! Well a Digital Painter....still studying though...but I LOOOOOOOOOVE Digital painting....

WillowA
04-22-2012, 06:31 AM
I write and I take indescribable pleasure from that. Can that go under the artist label?

Of course! The beautiful art of painting pictures with words into people's minds (or your own :D) I do the same thing. :)

chillinjoan
04-22-2012, 10:50 AM
https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTucqJtR6yabmPirk-YKuU7C7ooItqOX19cnJEL8Iw5AL5dDDbChttps://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdCCM03YcB_ERikcRRFGmnD7qL0Y_mY RJwiu__sgA_ygyFRbPOhttps://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0HhNuGXiF7zu563Sj7BOGAK4VRx7xC UBlQxEg8VNHtMb6GE8Phttps://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRe5Mmxvc99ON0rbPgyokWPlZQT1CtJY nqscVx4XYdcd4KXoZyj

I love grinding my own ink, holding the stick rubbing it slowly on the ink stone-well....it's like a meditation...finding your CHI....(ITV), and then let it flow.......

lslukas
04-22-2012, 11:37 PM
Joan - those are just so lovely. Wonderful to see such beauty. Thank you for sharing them.

Deboraham
11-11-2013, 06:52 AM
This is such a good thread, I thought I'd revive it. I'm an artist too.

CatLover777
11-11-2013, 09:40 AM
Hello, I'm an artist too - I paint.

chillinjoan
11-11-2013, 11:42 AM
don't you love how it zips you off into your own private Vortex

Dreema71
04-30-2014, 06:48 PM
I recently had some good news,I got accepted to do a visual communications M.A. at one of the best university's in the world. I've never been to a university so it's a bit daunting. I'm really happy but all I have to do now is pay for it but I don't have a clue how.

nicoles0305
09-14-2014, 07:36 PM
Ohh! Me! Me!

I've been creating all my life. I still can remember the first drawing of mine where people said "wow, there is talent there!". I was maybe five or six years old.

I love all sorts of mediums. I like to do acrylics and pencil, sewing and quilting, knitting.and crocheting, cake decorating...I could go on and on, ha ha.

A few weeks ago I was in the paints section at the craft store and saw all sorts of fun looking texture mediums, and SPRAY PAINT too! I want to try it all! I also just recently saw a video of someone painting with inks. Went out and bought some India inks to try it, but its not behaving the same way as.in that video. I'll figure it out eventually!

I'm thinking of taking an art class here soon. I'm excited to do it, but can't decide which one to take.

I just love art!

lauralight
12-20-2014, 11:15 PM
Gosh I abandoned this thread a long time ago..I had not known it had taken off since...
I restarted college for art and I'm now 1/2 way through a second BA, this one in Art.

You'd have to go to my page and access my other websites to see my art...
I still don't know how to paste in my art here..

lauralight
12-20-2014, 11:18 PM
That's called Sumi....Great, with india ink? or for the style in general?

it's very clean and simple and stylish I think. Very Classic.

WellBeing
12-20-2014, 11:39 PM
I still don't know how to paste in my art here..

That's because the image posting guidelines and settings have changed since you opened this thread. Check out the new Image Posting Policy (http://www.abeforum.com/showthread.php?32070-AbeForum-Policy-on-the-Posting-of-Images). You can post them in the Vortexy Images sub-forum (if they comply with the rest of the policy) but you'll need an outside image hosting service since we are no longer able to store images on the Forum. PM a Mod and we can give you more details.

chillinjoan
12-21-2014, 11:02 AM
That's called Sumi....Great, with india ink? or for the style in general?

it's very clean and simple and stylish I think. Very Classic.

LAURA, that is my favorite medium too, the Sumi grinding ink and water color free style painting - so fun, in the vortex and in your CHI

Start a new thread under VORTEXY IMAGES on the forum page, then you can post whatever you want WITHOUT any URL's on them.

lauralight
12-21-2014, 09:32 PM
That's because the image posting guidelines and settings have changed since you opened this thread. Check out the new Image Posting Policy (http://www.abeforum.com/showthread.php?32070-AbeForum-Policy-on-the-Posting-of-Images). You can post them in the Vortexy Images sub-forum (if they comply with the rest of the policy) but you'll need an outside image hosting service since we are no longer able to store images on the Forum. PM a Mod and we can give you more details.

You can really just go to my page and look up my websites.

twinkle86
01-02-2015, 06:50 AM
I am an artist as well an oil painter to be specific.