PDA

View Full Version : Irish?

sirius
04-07-2011, 06:47 PM
Hi there, would love to hear from fellow Irish Abraham fans, come say hi and we can take it from there :)

Anahid
04-07-2011, 07:53 PM
Irish, passport and all...Cheers

7flowers
04-07-2011, 08:08 PM
Well I did get to visit there once back in highschool. There was an International Band Competition and we competed and won everything! lol
It was soooo beautiful there. We stayed at Butlins camp I believe it was called. Got to see donkey races and had a banquet at a castle that preformed for us while we ate! It was AWESOME! Anyway, just wanted to share that and say:welcome:

sweetlily
04-07-2011, 08:13 PM
hahaha I was just talking to an Irish girl about being Irish! And then I come here and see this. I'm of Irish descent but was born and live in the U.S. I'd love to visit Ireland someday!

MassageMaggie
04-07-2011, 09:02 PM
well once I heard from an Irish boyfriend that there were two kinds of people in the world, those that were Irish and those that wanted to be.

I'm heading over to Dublin at some point in the next few mos to visit, and it's in my escrow to pop over there for an extended period (to live) before heading home to Canada, if I ever make it back.

So, not Irish but hi all the same :kiss:

Merry
04-07-2011, 09:32 PM
Well I was born and raised in the US but I do have Irish Blood in me. My Grandmother came from the Duffy Clan...arrived here in the US when she was 2 (wow over 100 years ago) along with her parents and 12 other siblings. My Grandmother was proud of her Irish Heritage and handed that strong feeling of pride in being Irish down to her children and grandchildren...where it is now being passed on to her great grandchildren and great-great grandchildren. You better believe when we celebrate St. Patrick's Day over here the family is all wearing green.

Welcome to the forum. The shame about typing is I can't hear your Lovely Irish Accent.

Ferris
04-28-2011, 01:55 AM
Hi, I'm Irish and in Ireland too (as you know) - and would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to have a meet up group somewhere .. and a meetup for the LIVE broadcasts.

You watching the next one Sirius?

lifestudent
05-07-2011, 03:41 PM
Yes - Dublin too - Would love to connect to other Abers in Ireland.

sirius
05-07-2011, 03:47 PM
Hey Lifestudent, great to hear from you :) Looking to connect myself, seems us Irish are a bit thin on the ground on this forum. What do you think about screening one of the Live streams in Dublin somewhere? Really good to connect with you, stay in touch :)

sirius
05-07-2011, 03:54 PM
I havent visted this thread in ages, so just saying HI to everyone who posted. Yes us Irish are scattered around the place, thanks for posting everyone :) Maggie, I hope you have a wonderful time when you come here, and sure keep your eyes on this thread, we may be screening one of the live workshops and if its when you are here it would be great to meet you :)

suncat11
05-07-2011, 05:59 PM
I am so Irish wannabe its laughable!!!
3 of my Great Grandparents were born in Ireland - and when I hear Irish language spoken I am at home - when I hear Irish Music I am alive - and often moved to unexplainable tears - I play the Bodhran (atrociously!!!!) and I am IRISH cos I FEEL so Irish (Irish is a Feeling near JOY on MY Emotional Guidance scale!!!) and Im Irish cos I say so!!!

sirius
05-07-2011, 06:19 PM
Brilliant suncat :)

MassageMaggie
05-07-2011, 06:22 PM
I am so Irish wannabe its laughable!!!
3 of my Great Grandparents were born in Ireland - and when I hear Irish language spoken I am at home - when I hear Irish Music I am alive - and often moved to unexplainable tears - I play the Bodhran (atrociously!!!!) and I am IRISH cos I FEEL so Irish (Irish is a Feeling near JOY on MY Emotional Guidance scale!!!) and Im Irish cos I say so!!!

:kiss: I do the setdancing here, it's AAWWWEEESOME. I highly recommend it, fantastic music, fantastic people.. the ceili weekends that are held all over the place are great. Nothing better than dancing all night to a live ceili band and then participating in the session (yes I know I spelt it wrong) that goes on all night along with the drinking and non stop laughter. The Irish come over here for weekends here, and we go over there (well I haven't for a dance weekend yet) to visit their weekends.

Deester
05-07-2011, 08:31 PM
I'm half Irish (from my mother)!
I love being Irish, I love the music, the history, the story telling magic that the Irish possess! In the mid 80s when I lived in London, was lucky enough to count as one of my friends, the wonderful Irish songwriter - Shane MacGowan , founder of the Pogues. Those gigs were awesome - energy to knock the roof off!

Aaron
05-08-2011, 03:30 PM
Just in heritage and proud of it.

Welcome!!!

Gerrie
05-09-2011, 01:46 AM
Hi Sirius,

Just saw this thread now , its second time round I think. Im Irish and living in Dublin too, and certainly always interested in meeting with others of like mind.

Gerrie

sirius
05-09-2011, 05:18 AM
Hey Gerrie, great to hear from you. Yeah it is second time round, I didnt post again, just started getting more responses this week which is fab :). If you are interested in the Live Streaming let me know, Im just gauging interest to see if we could run with something maybe for the next live stream or the one after that.

lifestudent
05-09-2011, 09:09 AM
I'm in! I went to the workshop in DCU a few years ago - what a fantastic day!

sirius
05-09-2011, 09:30 AM
Wow lifestudent thats fantastic, I would absolutely love to go to a workshop, I have a Cruise awaiting me in my Vortex :) I will keep you posted on the Live streaming hosting :)

lifestudent
05-09-2011, 02:51 PM
Sirius I had an Alaskan Cruise in my vortex last year but there was a baby there too :)

sirius
05-09-2011, 03:22 PM
Oh lifestudent, you made me laugh :) congrats to you though thats fantastic, I hope baby is well and giving you lots of ITV moments. Have you given any thought to doing a cruise in the future?

lifestudent
05-10-2011, 04:37 AM
Would love to! Especially if there is an Irish contingent going.

sirius
05-10-2011, 05:05 AM
Ok, well another rocket of desire has been launched :) First step Live Streaming event in Dublin, and then who knows, we could get an Irish contingent together for a cruise, or at maybe a workshop. Oh I can feel the excitement, yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Gerrie
05-10-2011, 06:39 PM
Hi Sirius

Sure keep me posted, I'd certainly be interested in a gathering...

bornthisway
06-23-2011, 05:49 AM
Hi All,

I was born and raised in Dublin, but moved to Cavan over 10 years ago. Though I'm not too sure yet how convenient it would be to commute to Dublin for said meetings, etc., I would love to explore and hopefully expand on the number of Irish Abers!

Has anyone here been to the Dublin workshop held in 2008?
It took place just before I discovered the LoA!:smile:

Ferris
06-23-2011, 06:16 AM
Hi, just checked into this thread again (haven't been online in a while) and thought I'd say hi.

Bornthisway - I'm only about 25 minutes from Cavan (near Newtowngore on the road to Ballinamore). I'll be up for having Abeish get togethers at our new home here -once we've finished building it :-), so contact me if you're interested.

Anyway, great to hear from all you Irish Abers.

It would be fun to meet up at a LIVE event somewhere .. and- Sirius - since joining this forum and hearing about the cruises .. I've one firmly in my vortex too :-)

I love this forum XX

Yvonne Rocks
06-23-2011, 08:20 AM
County Clare - six generations ago! I'm drawn it seems to "home." I cry when I see Stonehenge - and get chills. Almost as if I can remember. I have "flashes" of being there.

It is my powerful intention to take my mother "home" and visit the green, green misty hills of ireland. I love Nora Roberts stories that take place there. I also can "see" the descriptions.

Oh, and the accent brings powerful joy!

I love being irish - and I brag on it every chance I get :)