PDA

View Full Version : Exchanges?

Binhapi
08-07-2011, 05:49 AM
Hello there,

I don't know if this is an idea anyone would find interesting but I will put it out there and see what happens.:smile:

I am part of a big percussion group and we came up with the idea of having a board/list where every member of the group says what their profession is or what they think they would be able to assist fellow members with, etc. That way if anyone needs say a plummer or a dentist, they know they are paying for the services of someone they trust and will do a good job! :s13:

So I thought maybe we could do something similar here in the forum?

I know it's quite a big forum and not anyone likes to tell everyone what they do for a living, but maybe we could do it in a different way where people who live in the same country/city would have their own section where they could say something like 'I need to rent a flat' so someone who works with flat letting or knows someone who does could get in touch.

Does anyone think this is a good idea? Abers helping each other?

I'm looking forward to hear your opinions on this.

Thanks and lots of love to all. :wave:

Jensine
08-07-2011, 05:52 AM
Hi there,

I think it's a great idea!

I'm an aber who works with kids and parents. I work mostly one to one with kids who have so called "behaviour problems", stuff going on at home, etc. generally anything that hinders their learning.

I also work one to one with parents who are having problems and run parenting classes.

So if anyone has any issues around these areas I'd be happy to help. Not for payment, but simply cos I love my job!!!!! But I agree, for paid services too this would be a great idea.

Jensine x

Binhapi
08-07-2011, 06:21 AM
Wow, that's great Jensine! Thank you. It will be so great if we can get this going and we can all help each other. x

suncat11
08-07-2011, 06:49 AM
I think its a wonderful idea - I dont know if the Forum is the place that it can be set up - maybe a moderator will chime in here???
I am an Aber parent of 3 young adults - and I work in the field of Physical and Intellectual Disabilities and I would love to share and gain LOA based insights from other Workers and Families.
I look forward to seeing how this idea unfolds.
Thank you for your Inspired Action Binhapi

Binhapi
08-07-2011, 09:09 AM
Thank you suncat11! Whatever way we can develop this I'm sure it will be very positive and rewarding for everyone.

Binhapi
08-22-2011, 01:03 PM
Ok so I forgot to say what I can offer...

I can help people with queries regarding their salaries since my full time job is as a Payroll Administrator. I also do translations portuguese/english/portuguese and I'm a latin/brazilian dance teacher.

Glad to help if anyone needs any help with any of the above.

I'm in Kent, UK.

x

TheXception
08-23-2011, 05:30 PM
I would imagine as long as we don't offer services for sale, we might be OK.

Of course, that could be a tricky line to walk if the exchange item/favor one is offering is also something for which heshe would normally charge. I would guess that could then possibly be interpreted as promoting a service, even if "free trial" is not anywhere near the poster's intentions. Does that make sense?

Anyway, I swing dance. I am far from the level of teacher, but I love sharing knowledge. If anyone wants some basics, I am happy to show you some. I have a dance floor in my house that we can use (which, I guess, counts as a manifestation). Oh, right: I am in Pittsburgh.

TheXception
08-23-2011, 05:41 PM
I just re-read the original post.

That way if anyone needs say a plummer or a dentist, they know they are paying for the services of someone they trust and will do a good job! I am 95% certain that advertising paid services would be a big no-no. Let me see if I can find the blurb.

honeypie
08-23-2011, 06:24 PM
Closing this thread as well. Adding Leslie's comments from the other thread:

Hey guys,
It's a fine line here, because the Forum is not a place where we solicit business. The Abe forum's only purpose is to discuss the teachings of Abraham as applied to our lives. I do know that forum members have hired or worked with other forum members, but it's something that happens by pm or from meet ups. Let's trust the Law of Attraction to bring your tree surgeon, whether through this forum or another means.

When people mention their profession, it should be to illustrate a way in which they are applying the teachings, not so much to solicit work, or to offer their services.

Understandably, you want to work with excellent, loving, people. But remember, a basic tenet of the Abraham teachings is that NO ONE ELSE needs to know this information for you to have a magnificent life. Just you!

So that means, when we are really practicing the teachings of Abe, we don't need to be surrounded by other 'Abers'--instead, we inspire the best of those around us. They show us their best, because that's where we are vibrating.

So, with that in mind, I will trust that all will find their perfect match in services needed, and this thread is now lovingly closed. :allgood: