PDA

View Full Version : New segment intending...

songbird
12-26-2019, 04:19 PM
Merry Christmas everyone:hearts:

Have you heard Abe talking recently about the “new” way of Segment intending?
I found it really interesting, since that was the only process I knew for years when I was given a tape recording!

Instead of focusing on the new segment, and like they used to say about intending what we want from a new segment, they are suggesting focusing on the FEELING in the current segment and the word they used was “saviouring” the good feelin, and this they said was their new take on segment intending, by our saviouring the feeling we are carrying it forward, I understand.

Songbird :music:

paradise-on-earth
12-26-2019, 04:30 PM
What I have heard from them lately about the topic is like a Grid-setting for the next segment, yes, in emotional terms, and their emphasis is on allowing yourself to feel pleasure.

Here is the thread where I have collected over the years quotes around the topic, started by skylark (it´s not that much)

Getting out ahead of it (http://www.abeforum.com/showthread.php?42642-Getting-out-ahead-of-it)

...and here are 2 more detailed, very new quotes:

Getting out ahead of it cuts out the drama of life

...When you get out ahead of things, then you are not always on that bleeding edge, where every thought must be precise in order to save your life!

You can get out ahead of things. And then, every moment can be rich, and expansive, and full of insights and pleasure! You don´t have to be right up, against the edge. And something about that (...)

YOU ARE NOT CHALLENGED BY THE UNIVERSE!

This is not a contest of wits. This is vibrational response, to a vibrational output! And when you´re output is happening accidentally, or by default, then you kinda get pot luck. It´s sort of a crap shoot, about what comes back to you!

But when you are deliberate about what you think, as often as you can be, then life starts to smooth out! And you get all this leeway for the purpose of the PLEASURE of the moment, of the moment, of the moment of the moment of the moment!

You are NOT being tested here. (...) There is NO challenger! The only thing that is challenging you, is your own split energy.

Greenwich, Connecticut October 12, 2019,
from the clipAbraham Hicks 2019 ~ Prepare your day with this powerful focusing technique

http://www.abeforum.com/images/smilies/hearts.gif

Esther and her "getting-ready segment":
Segment intending will let you make peace with what you didn´t yet value!

TREASURE your segments!

(When you are with others) don´t you say: "I´ll go to the bathroom, real quick." Like, you´r doing something wrong to break away from what´s going on, like you shouldn´t do that! So, Esther would say "I´ll get ready, real quick." Which means, getting is not an important segment!

"It´s not a segment where I should allow myself any pleasure! It´s a segment of maintenance, this is a segment of responsibility, so I´ll go do this really QUICK, and then I´ll go on with the important stuff."

-NOOOOOOOOOO!
EVERY SEGMENT IS IMPORTANT!

Because every segment, you have the option of lining up with source, or not! So, after she played with that for a day, and then another day, and then another day, all that angst went away, and she found herself feeling so good about her life, and things flowed so much more easily, it´s like the lights changed for he, and the doors opened for her, the entire Universe cooperated with her,

because for the FIRST TIME on lots of this "unimportant segments", she was cooperating with HERSELF!

Instead of holding herselves hostage. You see, this is an example of someone who has not quite yet given herself PERMISSION to do the things, that are important for her to do!

"I should be serving the world.
I should be writing some books.
I should be doing the twice-monthly.
I should be talking to my employees.
I should be..."

-Ahhh! Well, maybe she WANTS to do all of this things. And if she does, we want her to do them in PLEASURE. But also, she´d put her toes in the swimming pool! And maybe even her whole body. And she should warm up the swimming pool, and she should set up the Jacuzzi, and she should spend 10 minutes in the shower, if it FEELS GOOD TO HER! -You see what we´r getting at?

And most of you having not given yourself permission to feel PLEASURE in this segment, and this one and this one.

Now, stay with us, because you know what happens if THIS segment, you allow pleasure- and you pat yourself on the back, because you are diligent and hard working, and accomplishing- but THIS segment you don´t, because you are loafing, or relaxing, then- what happens to the continuity of your life? What happens to the momentum?

-You allow it, and then you stop it.
And then you allow it, and then you stop it. And then you allow it, and then you stop it. THAT is that tug of war, that you are describing! Because, you keep summoning it, but you don´t let it flow. For WHATEVER reason. You don´t let it flow, because somebody, a long time ago, gave you a hard time, for taking too long while you got ready. (...) Usually, you are up to speed, as you enter the segment.

But NOW, you´r gonna STAY up to speed, through the segment!

And, we just gotta tell you, most of you don´t stay up to speed in very many segments of your experience! Because you let life, as it comes to you dictate how you feel- because you kneejerk-respond, rather than getting out ahead of it, with your intentions.

from the clip Power vs Pleasure - Abraham Hicks 2019 (LOA)

paradise-on-earth
12-26-2019, 04:33 PM
Merry Christmas! :hearts:

songbird
12-26-2019, 04:36 PM
Wonderful quotes. Thank you Paradise...Merry Christmas :hearts:

Yes, that last one is really helpful and expansive

:hearts: :hearts:

WellBean
12-26-2019, 08:50 PM
Everything old is new again!! :hearts:

songbird
12-27-2019, 03:10 PM
Wellbean :hearts:

Yes so true.

I really enjoyed their new version of Segment Intending when I heard it, it felt like a perfect evolution given all they have been teaching us since this very first ever process they gave to Jerry.

WellBean
12-27-2019, 03:54 PM
Wellbean :hearts:

Yes so true.

I really enjoyed their new version of Segment Intending when I heard it, it felt like a perfect evolution given all they have been teaching us since this very first ever process they gave to Jerry.

Yes!! Spiraling around to something “old” is always new anyway because we are never the same. And always fun to revisit with our new eyes and old heart.

Wild and Beautiful
12-27-2019, 04:31 PM
Yes!! Spiraling around to something “old” is always new anyway because we are never the same. And always fun to revisit with our new eyes and old heart.

such wise words:kiss:

songbird
12-27-2019, 05:17 PM
such wise words:kiss:

Indeed I second this :rainbow: :hearts:

halcyon1
12-28-2019, 11:42 AM
i like this focus on 'unimportant' segments. i am sitting here having my coffee and reading Abraham as is my wont on weekend mornings and thinkign about what my day will be but THIS is my day. And i have to stop putting myself in the future and be present.

songbird
12-28-2019, 12:33 PM
Yes indeed. This is exactly what they were saying recently; that segment intending is focusing on how we are feeling in the present moment and SAVIOURING that feeling, SAVIOURING the feeling, just like when we eat something truly delicious, saviour every morsel of it, every moment.

WellBean
12-28-2019, 01:12 PM
Awww — love you all!! :hearts:

WellBean
12-28-2019, 01:14 PM
Yes indeed. This is exactly what they were saying recently; that segment intending is focusing on how we are feeling in the present moment and SAVIOURING that feeling, SAVIOURING the feeling, just like when we eat something truly delicious, saviour every morsel of it, every moment.

Reminds me of your ripe fig!

(Was it a fig? I might be remembering the fruit wrong)

songbird
01-02-2020, 06:28 PM
Yes, it was a fig :hearts:

Delicious.
And that fig...:kiss: