Thread: MONARCH BUTTERFLIES IN INDIANA

One thing that has happened since I have consciously walked my spiritual path is that I notice things more in my immediate environment. I am not sure what Abraham has to say about seeing animals and such and if they mean anything, but it would be interesting to find out.

I saw a huge flying insect a few months ago that I would characterize as a moth as I have never seen a butterfly with a wingspan (tip to tip) of about 6 to 8 inches. It flew down to the ground right next to me while I was driving around the lot. When I drove around the building to the other side of the lot it was there again but up near the top of the building. Not one other person saw it. It actually landed a couple of feet from the truck the first time I saw it. Interesting.

Within the last two weeks I have noticed on two occasions Monarch Butterflies. Each time I noticed them I marveled at their beauty. I glanced away and looked back, and each time, they were gone. I looked up their habitat on the web. They are not native to central Indiana but have been noted in a couple counties on the Ohio River and up north around Lake Michigan. So, can't figure out what they are doing here. I wonder if there isn't a message here. I guess I will have to visit my local New Age Bookstore and check out their animal symbology books.

In addition, I am noticing that those thoughts and feelings from my past seem to be more intense when they come up now. I believe that Abraham would say that my stream is now flowing faster so that the old upsets seem far more powerful than before. Thus attributing my seemingly more intense upstream swings to a greater sensitivity to my being oriented up or down stream. Part of me finds this encouraging because it tells me that I am becoming more focused on the downstream voyage but at the same time, I am 'feeling' the bumpy ride more and I find it very unpleasant at times. Of course I am told that this too shall pass. In fact I was thinking about this today when the thought/feeling came up that the times I feel the best are when I imagine me and Me being connected. When I don't feel this connection is usually when I don't have much energy. There is a marked contrast between the times of connection and disconnection. It is almost like a drug in that I can almost feel the need for a IB 'fix' compared to my old thought/feeling patterns. Perhaps that is what this 'lazy.....' needs. Perhaps I am being shown such a degree of contrast because that is what 'I' need in order to remember to focus onMe and only Me for my sustenance.

-------------------

I just had the most marvelous insight. I am like a chrysalis. I have been in a cocoon of sorts and am maturing to a point where I will break free from the cocoon of my past so thatI might soarintoa new world whereIwill be free to grow into more and more joyousness. It is interestingthat chrysalis is defined as;

1. A pupa, especially of a moth or butterfly, enclosed in a firm case or cocoon.
    2. A protected stage of development.

Note the second part of the definition. Maybe we 'humans' AREreally protected in that we never really die, we just continue to expand and grow.And note that theroot of pupa anpupil are the same. Also;

pupa [ˈpjuːpə] nounplural ˈpupae [-piː]

the form that an insect takes when it is changing from a larva (eg a caterpillar) to its perfect form (eg a butterfly); a chrysalis

I see us each as a chrysalis awaiting the change into our perfect form (which actully just happens to be formless-more or less).

I feel so much better already.
    tks,

MichaelS

Yes, hon, you are. And we have had the joy of watching you unfold before our eyes, right here on this forum. It is an honour to witness it.

With love,
    Christine

Michaels,

I live in Muncie Indiana and I too have seen the occasional Monarch butterfly. I have always LOVED butterflies& I have now been taking the sign of seeing butterflies as my Wink from the universe.

[line]

You wrote:

I just had the most marvelous insight. I am like a chrysalis. I have been in a cocoon of sorts and am maturing to a point where I will break free from the cocoon of my past so thatI might soarintoa new world whereIwill be free to grow into more and more joyousness.

[line]

I have also had this same insight of myself! Thank-you so much for this post! I really needed it today!

Joyfully,

Debbie::hearts

P.S. I have also been seeing blue & blackbutterflies that I had never seen in IN before.

michaels wrote:
    I saw a huge flying insect a few months ago that I would characterize as a moth as I have never seen a butterfly with a wingspan (tip to tip) of about 6 to 8 inches. It flew down to the ground right next to me while I was driving around the lot.
    Within the last two weeks I have noticed on two occasions Monarch Butterflies.
    Hi Michael ,

There are indeed two very large moths that I have spotted in Indiana numerous times over the years: The Cecropia moth and the Luna moth.....Cecropias are brown with beautiful tan and maroon pattern, and they are HUGE! Lunas are big, beautiful light-green creatures.....When I was in the 2nd grade (lived here in IL) I found a cocoon on the way to school....We put it in a jar and waited all winter for it to open....When it did, it was one of those huge Cecropias - neither I, the teacher, nor anyone else had ever seen such a magnificent moth! My mom still has photos of it....I've been alert for them ever since, and did indeed see a few during my years in Indiana; but they are not very common, and I always thought it was a special thing to see one! So congratulations!!

I believe Indiana is on the migration route of the monarchs; funny thing, I drove to Brazil (IN) to pick up my son this weekend and when I got home, there was a beautiful monarch, intact but dead, in my grill of the car....I carefully removed him and admired his beauty for a moment.....

Well, that's my two cents on moth/butterfly education for the morning! Gotta get more coffee, lol....

Namaste! Lori

Looked out my window (upstairs) a few minutes ago, just in time to see a big, beautiful monarch float all the way across my yard.....

filly is right on on all counts--lunas, also called polythemeus females can be as big as two hands pushed together! you saw one of those two for sure! i hatched out two in the last two years...simply surreal in their beauty--i have posted pix on here before of one of them...

and monarchs do fly through indiana but the migration is not yearly--and what is interesting is that the butterflies that start the trek do not reach the end destination--but still they go...and their babies end up in mexico i think...pure LOA--

micheal--i have LONG thought of myself as a chrysallis--so, your thoughts and feelings on the matter completely fill my heart with an even stronger knowing that we are all one here....beautiful stuff...

just a note on your upstream thoughts...in the past--you, out of habit would turn situations over and over in your mind--the "bad" stuff...and play it again and again...you have changed your vibration, so that now when it comes up you FEEL BADLY because you are no longer a vibrational match for that habit or that material--its your IB saying--ok, you dont need to think about THAT anymore--its done with!

i always take that as a HUGE jump in the learning curve when it comes to anything...

hugs!

Hey, you took away MY symbol!! Just kidding. I too have been seeing lots of butterflies lately, especially in the past few weeks. I see them whenever I find relief from a not-so-good feeling thought. So whenever I move up the emotional scale or come to a realization or appreciation of well-being, I usually see one flit by or (if I'm inside) I see a design or picture of a butterfly.

The other day I found a butterfly necklace with my name on it, so now I wear it all the time.

My friend said the butterfly symbolizes rebirth or transformation. So, as you mentioned, it sounds like you are undergoing a transformation in your life. I guess I am too, ever since I found Abraham.

Best wishes and butterfly kisses!

Dana

I think this is very interesting... wouldn't you know that there have been some big beautiful brown moths flying around my house recently? I love them! I think this must be an ABE thing... (cool collective manifestation)

Anyway, I just wanted to say to Micheal that if you drop the oars I.E. stop thinking that thought or say to yourself, ' this negative emotion means I am pointed upstream ', gotta stop it! you will feel faster relief from your negative emotion.

I find it very easy to 'go with the flow' so whenever I feel negative emotion I drop the oars. Do not push against it, its just guidance and it feels so much better when you go with the flow.

Remember, there is now work involved, you do not have to make yourself feel good thats the natural stream of you, just, whenever you catch yourself pointed up stream.. let go....

It takes some practise but when you get it its easy.. you get more & more sensitive the more you practise it

::downstream

Love,

SHARI

I do believe I saw the cecropia moth, having had a look at some pictures.

Thanks for you input Shari. Recent events have helped me allow the oars to begin to return to the boat so that the stream can carry me along. There is less resistance than before.

thanks,

MichaelS