Page 297 of 297 FirstFirst ... 197247287292293294295296297
Results 2,961 to 2,965 of 2965

Thread: The Meditaton CD and experiences with it

I found that it is much better meditation with the headphones.
    Another question is that for this meditation Abraham says five short breaths in & five long breaths out so what i do is when i breathe in I count in my head till 3 and then when i breathe out i count till 5.
    Is that how we are meant to do it?

Super Moderator Hands in the Clay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by renuka View Post
    I found that it is much better meditation with the headphones.
    Another question is that for this meditation Abraham says five short breaths in & five long breaths out so what i do is when i breathe in I count in my head till 3 and then when i breathe out i count till 5.
    Is that how we are meant to do it?
    If you listen closely to the music and words, they indeed guide you in an "uneven" rhythm of breathing, and Abraham say when to breathe in and when to breathe out (now and then) to help you stay on the "beat" - you breathe in for a count of three (one slow, deep breath in that lasts for a three counts), then breathe out for a count of five (one slow breath out that lasts for five counts). It keeps you focused, because it's not a natural rhythm. You can hear the change in the music when it shifts from the three-count to the five-count.

And because you're focusing on getting the breathing timing right, you're not focusing on your out-of-the-vortex issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Hands in the Clay View Post
    If you listen closely to the music and words, they indeed guide you in an "uneven" rhythm of breathing, and Abraham say when to breathe in and when to breathe out (now and then) to help you stay on the "beat" - you breathe in for a count of three (one slow, deep breath in that lasts for a three counts), then breathe out for a count of five (one slow breath out that lasts for five counts). It keeps you focused, because it's not a natural rhythm. You can hear the change in the music when it shifts from the three-count to the five-count.

And because you're focusing on getting the breathing timing right, you're not focusing on your out-of-the-vortex issues.
    Thanks hitc, that is how i have been doing it but i still find myself thinking other thoughts.

Use of “Getting Into the Vortex” CD

I’ve started using the GITV CD about three times and stopped because for one reason or another I couldn’t keep doing it every day. My impression was that for the first four days you should read the corresponding book chapter and listen to one section a day in order, then go through them once a day in order without the book chapters, then listen to whichever you want each day.

First of all, did I interpret that right? That’s what I thought the book instructions said. Second, now that I haven’t listened to it in over a month or two, should I start over the same way, or can I skip reading the chapters and just listen to the recordings in order for the first two runs and then listen to whichever recording I want each day, or can I just start now by listening to whichever recording?

Bonus question: how long does this recording take to work? They say “very quickly,” but so far when I’ve listened to it nothing’s happened.

Moderator's note: Because we already have a massive thread discussing this topic, I've merged your latest thread into that existing thread. This way your question will add to that discussion as well as provide you with more insights as you use the CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Tess_Clare View Post
    I’ve started using the GITV CD about three times and stopped because for one reason or another I couldn’t keep doing it every day. My impression was that for the first four days you should read the corresponding book chapter and listen to one section a day in order, then go through them once a day in order without the book chapters, then listen to whichever you want each day.

First of all, did I interpret that right? That’s what I thought the book instructions said.
    I don't have the book handy myself (but I recall that this was discussed in the early portion of this thread, which is why I merged your thread here). First off, there is no "should's" in any of these teachings. However, IIRC, Abraham recommended in the accompanying book to start with the Well-Being meditation and listen to that each day for at least a week. Then listen to the others, 1 per day on a daily basis, as our own IB calls us to. I think that Jerry mentioned that he listened first to the Well-Being meditation for the prescribed period and then listened to them in order, 1 per day on a daily basis, as Abraham presented them on the CD.

Second, now that I haven’t listened to it in over a month or two, should I start over the same way, or can I skip reading the chapters and just listen to the recordings in order for the first two runs and then listen to whichever recording I want each day, or can I just start now by listening to whichever recording?
    I am of the opinion that Abraham recommend things to us for a reason, so I would follow their recommendation and start with the Well-Being meditation for the prescribed period.

That being said, you CAN do whatever you like, because you cannot get it wrong.

Bonus question: how long does this recording take to work? They say “very quickly,” but so far when I’ve listened to it nothing’s happened.
    How are you measuring/defining "work"? According to these teachings, the only way to measure our vibrational movement is by how we feel and you can feel better within moments of listening to the meditation. That would be "very quickly," in many people's books.

However, if you're measuring/defining "work" as a series of manifestations, that awareness of your lack of manifestations is going to slow your progress way, way down. This--live every other Abraham tool or Process--is a tool to help you release your resistance. When you release your resistance, you feel better, which means that your immediate life experience HAS improved. However, if you (and you wouldn't be alone in this) are not willing to accept that immediate improvement as "working," instead needing to see the manifestation in your garage or your bed or your bank account first before you define it as "working," then you are keeping one foot firmly planted in Phoenix on your journey to San Diego. You don't get very far that way.