Page 297 of 297 FirstFirst ... 197247287292293294295296297
Results 2,961 to 2,963 of 2963

Thread: The Meditaton CD and experiences with it

I found that it is much better meditation with the headphones.
    Another question is that for this meditation Abraham says five short breaths in & five long breaths out so what i do is when i breathe in I count in my head till 3 and then when i breathe out i count till 5.
    Is that how we are meant to do it?

Super Moderator Hands in the Clay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by renuka View Post
    I found that it is much better meditation with the headphones.
    Another question is that for this meditation Abraham says five short breaths in & five long breaths out so what i do is when i breathe in I count in my head till 3 and then when i breathe out i count till 5.
    Is that how we are meant to do it?
    If you listen closely to the music and words, they indeed guide you in an "uneven" rhythm of breathing, and Abraham say when to breathe in and when to breathe out (now and then) to help you stay on the "beat" - you breathe in for a count of three (one slow, deep breath in that lasts for a three counts), then breathe out for a count of five (one slow breath out that lasts for five counts). It keeps you focused, because it's not a natural rhythm. You can hear the change in the music when it shifts from the three-count to the five-count.

And because you're focusing on getting the breathing timing right, you're not focusing on your out-of-the-vortex issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Hands in the Clay View Post
    If you listen closely to the music and words, they indeed guide you in an "uneven" rhythm of breathing, and Abraham say when to breathe in and when to breathe out (now and then) to help you stay on the "beat" - you breathe in for a count of three (one slow, deep breath in that lasts for a three counts), then breathe out for a count of five (one slow breath out that lasts for five counts). It keeps you focused, because it's not a natural rhythm. You can hear the change in the music when it shifts from the three-count to the five-count.

And because you're focusing on getting the breathing timing right, you're not focusing on your out-of-the-vortex issues.
    Thanks hitc, that is how i have been doing it but i still find myself thinking other thoughts.