Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Getting Into The Vortex CD - Adjusting to the breathing rhythm

Getting Into The Vortex CD - Adjusting to the breathing rhythm

I'm on day 3 of using the "Getting into the vortex" meditation CD. The problem I'm having is following the rhythm of breathing as outlined on the track.

In my regular meditations, I take long, powerful inbreaths, and on the CD, you're only given a quick 1-2-3 before you have to exhale again, which almost leaves me out of breath, and definitely doesn't give me the same satisfaction that deep, long breaths do.

At the same time, I do want to follow the rhythm of the CD, as that is sort of the point of it. So I'm unsure what to do. I would love your input and suggestions on this.

The rapid 1-2-3 breathing on the CD actually is having the opposite effect on me - it leaves me stressed out after each session, as my mind gets irritated by this unusual rhythm of quick breathing vs the long breaths I'm used to. But when I switch to long breaths, I get out of sync with Esther's "breathe in, breathe out", so that's not working either. Advice, anyone?

I had that problem too... but then last night about my 12th try something just did it for me and it felt so great. I would say just do what you are doing.. don't fight it and it will happen naturally. Once I decided, ok my breathing is different but surely the words are helping anyway, it all came together. Best of luck to you!

Quote Originally Posted by chelle5 View Post
    I had that problem too... but then last night about my 12th try something just did it for me and it felt so great. I would say just do what you are doing.. don't fight it and it will happen naturally. Once I decided, ok my breathing is different but surely the words are helping anyway, it all came together. Best of luck to you!
    Thanks Chelle, that helps!

Btw, when you say that it came together, do you mean that you found your own rhythm, or you were able to comfortably breathe with the directions of the CD?

I just naturally started noticing hey, I'm keeping up with the breathing directions! Truly, i had some outside of me help and I'm very appreciative of that!

I just naturally started noticing hey, I'm keeping up with the breathing directions! Truly, i had some outside of me help and I'm very appreciative of that!
    Awesome. I just did one where I made a point out of breathing with it, and it made a huge difference. It's actually quite physically demanding, for me at least, because it requires that I suck in a huge amount of air very quickly, and then exhale. I did that, and took little breaks in between. And felt incredibly good afterwards. So good in fact that I almost fell down when I stood up, cuz my feet wouldn't carry me, haha. Going to keep it going♫

At first, I figured the "breathe in, breathe out" was just there as a reminder to someone who might not be breathing. So didn't worry about the fact that I was exhaling when Abraham was saying "breathe in." I just did the fourth one (earlier today) and noticed that I was breathing in when they say "breathe in." So it falls in line!

Don't worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by gr8tocre8 View Post
    Awesome. I just did one where I made a point out of breathing with it, and it made a huge difference. It's actually quite physically demanding, for me at least, because it requires that I suck in a huge amount of air very quickly, and then exhale. I did that, and took little breaks in between. And felt incredibly good afterwards. So good in fact that I almost fell down when I stood up, cuz my feet wouldn't carry me, haha. Going to keep it going♫
    I think is a personal thing you have to find a way that is comfortable for you, I answered your post on the other thread too. I'm glad you found your way to make it work for you, I had to do the same thing. Beside the breathing, I love how I feel about it. I downloaded the cd to my computer so I can also do it here but I feel better in my couch and also in bed. I'll do another later and then before I go to sleep I'll do the financial section. I think it might also have to do with how much resistance we have, the more resistance the longer it takes to get in tune with it.