Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Emotional Guidance Scale & Processes Table

Super Moderator Hands in the Clay's Avatar
    Never actually got stickied, now is stuck!

WOOT!

I saw this on an FB page and thought of EGS...

Super Moderator Hands in the Clay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by admodi86 View Post
    I saw this on an FB page and thought of EGS...
    Not to mention the Francine Jarry's "Joy is the Key" song that plays as the crowd warm-up tune when Esther's comes on stage...with kids and adults in the beginning saying, "I can do it...!" Saw this cool visual of yours, Admodi, and that tune instantly switched on in my head... I always smile when I hear the little person's confident voice, saying with such conviction, "I can do it!!" Me, me, me!!

I love it too!

Where does SECURITY fall on the scale? I thought it fell along with BELIEF, but now I see scales don't have it.

Hi there, admodi!

I'd say "security" isn't so much an actual emotion as it is a perceptual CONDITION to which we RESPOND emotionally.

When you feel secure, you feel generally in control, empowered, knowing, optimistic, enthusiastic, FREE ... whereas when you feel insecure, you feel generally worried, fearful, doubtful, jealous, pretty much powerless. I am aware that "insecurity" IS on the scale, and pretty far down, to boot. The Emotional Guidance Scale is an AWESOMELY HELPFUL tool, but it is more a guideline than a list of absolute definitions, and it cannot absolve you from feeling out YOUR OWN Guidance. I sometimes think that Abraham included the term "insecurity" because so many people FEEL generally insecure, whereas not so many feel really secure in their lives. But when you're really FEELING secure, Knowing your power to shift your emotional response and experience no matter what the external conditions, and even regardless of your momentary emotional experience, the question of security vs. insecurity no longer arises. You can then even feel short flashes of anger or disappointment or even grief, and STILL feel secure.

For me, the "shortcut" to a feeling of security was this: REALLY, REALLY taking to heart the maxim that NOTHING EVER GOES WRONG, THINGS ARE ALWAYS WORKING OUT FOR ME, and THE UNIVERSE HAS MY BACK. I am an ETERNAL BEING, I am INDESTRUCTIBLE and INVINCIBLE, and NOTHING can truly "harm" me. So the world could do all sorts of silly things to me - I'm ALWAYS safe. Make sense?

Christine

Somehow for a very long time I was under impression that "insecurity" stays with "belief" on EGS.

My question is regarding the EGS and getting into the vortex...

...OK, moving along the emotion guidance scale starting at the end that feels bad moving in the direction that feels good, at what emotion are you in the vortex? Would it be somewhere around a 7 (where feelings just start to feel good) or more like a 4?

Thanks

HELLO MOONSTARFIRE:

I am at a 7....just starting to feel good. Rarely FELT good for last 45 years. Why do you ask? I know that is hard for most people to even fathom. It is true for me. Most people would have just gone ahead and died. I knew that some day I would find the answer. I knew it in my soul and spirit so I just trudged on. And so there it is, I was right. I am here now. Fancy that!!!!!!!!!!! All those years of torture and I have/am finally here. Yes, I am at a 7, moonstarfire, please speak.