Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Abraham's Christmas Story

Red face Abraham's Christmas Story

I've been listening to some of the older Abraham recordings, and on December 7, 1990 (20 years ago today) they went into a lengthy discussion about Christmas - first by addressing a question from a woman who was confused about what Christmas really meant and conflicted about everyone's differing beliefs, and then finishing up with their own version of the Christmas Story.

It really is quite thought-provoking and lovely, and I thought I'd share it here, if anyone is interested. Since it IS so long, it may take me several days to get it all transcribed and posted, but if you'll bear with me I'll get it all up for you in installments! Sort of my Christmas gift to you!

I think that would be lovely!

Marsha

So here we go:

Abraham’s Christmas Story
    December 7, 1990
    Austin, TX

A woman was feeling confused about the Christmas story, and Abraham responds:

“There are many Christmas stories that abound. The predominant one that we are hearing is this little round man in a red suit with a long white beard who lives at the North Pole and has elves and reindeers and delivers presents…that is the predominant Christmas story that abounds here…that is what is upon the minds of most. If you are speaking of the Christmas story that surrounds the birth of the baby Jesus, that one is not as well-rehearsed, even though it is older. What is it you are wanting to talk about here?”
    (The questioner replies she is not really sure, that she is now looking at her friends’ practices through different eyes.)

“As we are observing the feeling and emotion that surrounds this time of year, our very clear acknowledgment is that it is a time of lack. More individuals are feeling negative emotion during this time for a number of reasons. The primary reason is it is the time of giving gifts, which means it is the time of spending money, and since money is an area where there is already great emphasis to not enough, it is inflammatory to that old nagging concern of not enough money.

“The attention to the greater reason, the attention to the story of Christ, the attention to uplifting others, somehow is soothing to that feeling…in other words it is a diversion, or distraction, from that which does not feel good, and in that way we think it is a very good thing.

“We have never been very excited about history, and neither is the one for which this great holiday has been called, never wanted it to be that way, never asked for it to be that way, in fact asked exactly the opposite, and so Christmas is not something that Jesus Christ celebrates, that is our absolute assurance to you. It is something that he gives not any attention to at all, because it has become a time of suffering, a time of misery, a time of great sadness or greater sadness than anything else.

“He is much more interested in the story of Santa Claus, to be quite frank.
    (Laughter from the audience.) You think we are having fun about this…we could not be more serious."

Much more to come...

Dear Dreamtime,

This is perfect. Thank you for taking the time to transcribe it.
    Looking forward to the next installment of Santa Claus abe style. x

WOWZA! dreamtime, thank u for sharing this with us!! everytime I hear Abe on a religous subject I get so shocked..not like, "omg my whole life was a lie" (cuz I was never too big on the bible..) but in the sense of HOW THE HELL COULD WE ALL GO SO WRONG? lol it's really unbelievable to me..it's like a made up gossip that got blown out of proportion & with time changed completely.. I heard someone say few years back-how can u deny Christ? millions CAN'T be wrong! weeeelll..I guess they CAN lol

can't wait for the rest!!

btw I guess I'm gonna celebrate Santa Claus this year
    btw 2: I love the font colors :P

This is just awesome......I've been contemplating about how to celebrate different holidays - or rather, what I am celebrating. I have since decided that Easter is to celebrate Spring and the rebirthing of plants, etc. And, Christmas is a celebration of winter.....I cannot wait to read the rest of what Abraham said.

Thank you Dreamtime ( I love your name) for posting this. I love and appreciate their clarification.... not to mention their humour! :-)

lol.. looking forward to the rest.=)

Thank you so much Dreamtime for taking the time to type it! What a lovely gift!! Just reading that first part brought tears to my eyes. Tears of joy and of appreciation for Jesus, Source and for this time of year. Thanks again. I am truly enjoying reading this thread and cannot wait to read the rest.

Thank you for this! I, too, love the message of hope and uplifting that comes at Christmas, and I was glad to hear Abe zooming in on that for a bit.