Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about using the Meditation CD

Question about using the Meditation CD

Hi Peeps,

I've been using the meditation CD for about a month now and have been enjoying it for the most part. I have been feeling very eager and excited about life and what's to come (although there are no manifestational evidences yet). The process of letting of resistance on a daily basis has been very life giving to say the least.

I do have a couple of questions which has to do with "overusing it." Although Abe suggests that using the CD once a day is enough, I have been copying Esther and Jerry, where they supposedly use them three times a day.

The problem is that if I don't leave very much time between the mediation sessions, I tend to get thrown out of the vortex, where I would feel very overwhelmed. And whenever that happens, I have to miss a session or two or even three, in order to get acclimated to all this intense energy that is flowing through me.

So the question is: Why does overusing the CD tend to throw me out of the vortex? You'd think that the vortex is something that you just cannot get enough of, and that it should not give us any side effects.

The other question is that being in the vortex can be exhausting at times and makes me want to take a break. I am wondering if too much vortex might be too much to handle...or perhaps I was not in the vortex to begin with, if I was feeling some type of discord?

Just wondering if anyone has any insights on this.

Thanks,

Satoshi

I also found that using the CD a lot brings up "stuff." I feel more agitated when meditating, and also am noticing that my mind is often all over the place, much more so than when I began with the meditation about a month ago. From reading others's responses, this seems fairly typical. The ego resists the change. Its okay to keep going and let it resolve, if that feels okay to you.

If you were uncomfortable in the vortex, I would guess you were not in the vortex. It sounds like quite a few emotions are being brought up during the meditation, a mixture of things, some feeling good and some feeling intense. The meditation brings up this kind of mixture of stuff for many people. To me it feels like cleaning house, like I'm taking care of things that I have until now been kind of hiding from myself. If it gets too intense though you can always back off to once or twice a day, or even skip a day.

I only do the cd once/day and have been feeling relaxed overall. My health *has* improved as I noticed I have more stamina and old issues that used to bother me don't. I really feel (for me) doing more than one track daily makes me OOV. I don't know why...maybe it's a lot to process all at once? The two times I did more than one track (like today) I feel drained. Sometimes it's best to keep it simple!

Quote Originally Posted by SkylightMT View Post
    I also found that using the CD a lot brings up "stuff." I feel more agitated when meditating, and also am noticing that my mind is often all over the place, much more so than when I began with the meditation about a month ago. From reading others's responses, this seems fairly typical. The ego resists the change. Its okay to keep going and let it resolve, if that feels okay to you.

If you were uncomfortable in the vortex, I would guess you were not in the vortex. It sounds like quite a few emotions are being brought up during the meditation, a mixture of things, some feeling good and some feeling intense. The meditation brings up this kind of mixture of stuff for many people. To me it feels like cleaning house, like I'm taking care of things that I have until now been kind of hiding from myself. If it gets too intense though you can always back off to once or twice a day, or even skip a day.
    Hi thanks for your answer which makes perfect sense for me. It's always nice to connect with more Abers from my hometown as well. I totally agree with you about the "backing off once or twice, or even skip a day" thing, which is what I did yesterday.

And yes I might be experiencing some glitches here and there, but over all I am making some huge strides toward shredding some unwanted resistance that I have been dragging along for a long time. I have never felt so stoked and eager about my future, even though nothing in my vivid reality has shifted yet.

With that said, I do have a minor success story to report. I started getting this ulcer like symptoms about a week ago, and would started freaking out about it. This use to happen during my wild college days, where I would just brush it off and forget about it, and then it will just go away. But this time around, these stinging sensations in my belly bothered me more, since my stream was going much faster.

And so I went ahead and did the physical well-being track for three days in a row. This quickly allowed me to reach the mental state where I was no longer bothered by it, since I was so certain of my well-being. From that point, I knew it was going to be just a matter of time until the pain would go away...which has been precisely what's been going on in real life form. And so yeah the meditation CD is the real deal in my mind.

The whole process of being in "worry", and then being able to get to "knowing" in one fell swoop was very earth shattering to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellismom View Post
    I only do the cd once/day and have been feeling relaxed overall. My health *has* improved as I noticed I have more stamina and old issues that used to bother me don't. I really feel (for me) doing more than one track daily makes me OOV. I don't know why...maybe it's a lot to process all at once? The two times I did more than one track (like today) I feel drained. Sometimes it's best to keep it simple!
    Gosh I wished that Abe would address this issue in one of their WS's. Or maybe they already have and that I'm not a vibrational match to the answer yet. lol. But yeah...I know what you mean by your once a day thing.

Yeah, I too experienced that sort of things during december. I skipped some days when it felt like I would be better off without meditation.

Today I meditated, and for the first time ever since I started with the cd I had to lay on my bed and cry for a minute or two. Not because I felt sad or anything but because of a powerful joy that overwhelmed me. When I was like 13 years old back at my catholic school an instructor guided us on a meditation. She said something that I would never forget: if you want to cry, thatīs all right, go ahead and do it because itīs the natural thing to do for a body that isnīt aclimated (accostumed?) to the presence of God.

So I guess that it really come to the same: the stream is moving way too fast and we are not used to being a vibrational match to it on a daily basis that we trip here and there. Iīm excited for what this year holds for al of us. Iīm pretty sure there is major shift coming for all of us to enjoy, at least it will come the day that we are more accostumed to the higher frequencies than we are now. Although I remember reading somewhere in the forum that Abe said that we will never outgrow the meditation cd. But I cant remember the exact quote. It was from a Phoenix workshop, if I recall correctly....

Anyways, lot-of-hugs for you all!

Quote Originally Posted by Cougsatoshi View Post
    So the question is: Why does overusing the CD tend to throw me out of the vortex? You'd think that the vortex is something that you just cannot get enough of, and that it should not give us any side effects.
    Being in the vortex does have side effects. They are:
    1) barely controllable laughter,
    2) tears of joy,

3) incessant smiling,

4) Inability to worry, about anything,
    5) zigging & zagging,
    6) spontaneous rampages of appreciation

and
    7) serious risk of contagion

That was fun!

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that stress, overwhelm, annoyance, irritation, ulcers and cold sweats are not side effects of the vortex, they are side effects of resistance.

I noticed when I first started using the Abe exercises in Ask and It Is Given that I started to stress out about it. I did as many processes a day as I could until I started to become overwhelmed with the task. I believed them when they said I could create my own reality and I figured that meant that the more time I spent creating things the way I wanted them to be, the faster they would get that way.

Now, with my years of experience understanding my guidance system, I can feel the lack in the way I was thinking about it. I was trying to put a motor on my speedboat and zoom down the river, and the lackful thinking was causing more resistance than it was releasing and I stopped enjoying the exercises. I forced myself to do them for a while, but of course that didn't accomplish anything.

I think the reason they say to do only one meditation a day is because it is useful for us eager beavers to let ourselves off the hook and be more gentle with ourselves.

When I first got The Vortex, I was so excited at finding 'The lazy man's way to enlightenment' and 'a shortcut into the vortex' - and then I realized that I was starting to do that thing again. "The more time I spend in meditation, the more I'm in the vortex, the faster things will start going my way, right?"

Once again, my focus switched to the lackful side of the stick. So, I stuck a post-it note on the first page that says "This is my time for refreshing and relaxing" (a quote from the intro pages, I think). Now, whenever I sit down to meditate, if I'm not feeling ready to relax and refresh or if I have stuff running through my mind and I can't make them stop, then I stop and figure out what is the most refreshing and relaxing thing I can do instead of this.

Because really, the fastest way into the vortex doesn't hinge on doing the meditation, it doesn't hinge on getting your breathing perfect, it doesn't it hinge on having the best-affirmations-ever-created programmed into your head with repetition upon repetition nor does it hinge on following in someone else's steps into the vortex.

The fastest way into the vortex hinges on only ONE thing: the feeling of relief. For most people the meditation will give them that feeling of relief much of the time. That is why they have created this beautiful book and CD set.

But it is always up to you to follow the relief from where you are because that's the only way you will ever get 'downstream'. So look for relief. And be flexible about how it comes and where it comes from. And then look for relief. And then reach for relief. And drop the meditation for a day or two or a week or two or a year or two, if that's where the relief is for you. And meditate 12 times a day every day for a week, if that's relief for you.

It's much easier to understand how to get to your destination once you've learned how to read the map and understand the navigational guidance system, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Cougsatoshi View Post
    The other question is that being in the vortex can be exhausting at times and makes me want to take a break.
    After I have been in a quiet, calm, relaxed state of meditation for a while, the first thing I want to do when I'm done is run through town and skip through the market and hike up a mountain and all sorts of active things. Remember, the fun of life is not in the meditative state, even if that meditative state is way at the top of the scale, the state of JOY and KNOWING of the Well-Being of all things! Because the fun is the CLOSING of the gap. You won't want to spend all day every day away from contrast, you will want to mix it up, to experience some ups and downs so that you can feel the exhilaration of closing the gap again and again.

So by all means, take a break from the vortex sometimes!

Radiant Rebecca

Domanar,
    What a feel good post! I loved what you said about your instructor telling you that it was natural to cry while acclimating to the presence of God - Source - because That is ALL I did in the first week of the meditation cd...cry...but it was a good cry for just the reason you described...it felt like Source melted with me and all I felt was an intense love...so pure it almost choked my breathing...but, now, I feel much much MUCH more acclimated....and, crying a little here and there, but I have been shown piercing visuals and all I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! Every time I meditate, some vivid picture is also shown - like a display - and it captures the feeling of the meditation every time.
    Thank You for that beautiful post! Loved it!
    ~Amber

Hey all,

Just my thoughts on the cd here.

When i first got it, I would use it about 5 times a day, like i was scared I was going to lose this prescious tool I'd been given LOL I also think that I thought that using it more would net me results faster.

I eased down to using it twice a day, and then focused in on doing just one meditation during that time. I.e. I would pick the finances one and do that twice a day, every day. I then became a little frustrated that nothing major was happening and then I thought to myself "geez, I'm probably right on the brink of manifesting millions and I go and close the door on it by wondering where's my stuff!"

So now I have relaxed totally. I'm doing them twice a day still, but I do whichever one suits me, often just closing my eyes and picking one at random. I've stopped worrying about what's going to happen because of them and how I should do it, and just concentrating on the good feelings that happen whilst doing them.

I'm now moving into full allowing of all good stuff! And trying hard not to "try" so hard lol

Hugs

Jensine x

I love that I am starting out my day and more of my posts with I love... and I LOVE that I finally "see" that since I actually have to "drive" (or fly) to San Diego (analogy) and cannot teleport myself there - the BIG shifts I am looking for ARE these better feeling thoughts.... AND..... wait for it .... they are like rocket fuel when used accordingly!!!
    Here's what I mean...
    take the financial track... I listen to it with the intent of seeing things differently and tapping into the vibration of my abundance... Yes?! Then I listen to this track for a couple of weeks (this stuff takes time you know) and think "now I should be seeing the evidence of my efforts!!!" "Hmmm... I don't see anything differeent though!" Incorrect usage and expectition.... too judgemental and does not support a unity perspective that I am source...
    New perspective on how to use this track and cd....
    "I want to feel good... want to feel good... nothing is as important as I feel good!" I listen to the financial track... I breathe in - that feels good - I breathe out - mmmm that feels good too.... I think "I have accomplished what I wanted... I feel good!" and now from this new perspective of feeling good I start to rampage about my finances... "ooohhh the universe is sending me money... I found a penny the other day... OMG that is the crack of least resistance for me!!! ok ... well that feels pretty good to see the evidence of my money coming... and it feels good to know I get to choose how I feel ... so .. that bit of "change" that was before me lets me know that "change" is on it's way ... that is a penny from source... ooohhh a penny for my thoughts and then my thought materialized in this penny and the universe is telling me here comes the money... here it is just laying there for me to see and pick up... ok .. so then I can actually feel the manifestation of the thought that "money is just laying there waiting for me to find it and pick it up" "the universe is sending me money... there is the evidence right there in front of me!!! Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, the universe is sending me on a path to find money... it's working - the cd is working - look here is the proof of it right here in this penny!!!... Here it is this HUGE shift in my finances that I have been expecting... here is my evidence!!! Here it is !!! Here it is!!! Here it is !!! The universe is playing along with me here it is !!! here it is !!! here it is!!! Yahooo!!!! I am on the right track !!! I am lining up with my fortune and it is flowing in already and now I just keep getting more and more excited as I am feeling the evidence of it - traveling one more mile to San Diego... feeling the evidence of it ... feeling the evidence of it.... celebrating the evidence of it.... celebrating the evidence of it!!!! Wooo hooooo !!! I am in alignment with money and I can tell I am because it feels so good to feel money!!!!