Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abe Cruising with a Non-Abe Companion Experience

MinimalCeremony

Abe Cruising with a Non-Abe Companion Experience

I would appreciate hearing from those who have attended an Abe Cruise with a Non-Abe Companion. What was your experience?
    Thank you, in advance.
    MinimalCeremony

I've done both, and although traveling with non-Abe companions has benefits, ie numerous opportunities to practice the teachings LOL, I feel it's better to go alone. Abe cruises are not really cruises--they're gathering places for awesome people who are into the teachings, and the cruise part of it is really just a practical way to handle all the people. The loaves and fishes of the modern era, one might say. The adventure really happens in the seminars and at the meals and in the nightclub. (and at the bars, and by the pools, and on the beach and in the spa...but I digress...) What I mean is, the fun is in the conversations around the seminar, and the practical application of the teachings to the very in the Vortex experience of cruising.

So people who want to go on a cruise just for the Cruise, are in a different mindset from those who are there for the Abe. I'm sure it can work, and I have enjoyed every single cruise I've been on, but my experience has been that it's more fun alone. And as Jeannine, our Joyous Lady, posted somewhere, you can really only go on one Abe cruise alone. After that, you'll know us cruise people, and it just gets better and better!

As I'm sure you know, trust your inner guidance as to what the right thing is for you. You'll know.

Hope that's helpful!
    L

Edited to add: Welcome to posting on the forum! great username and avatar.
    Last edited by Leslie; 03-30-2011 at 04:20 AM.

Sorry about butting in here when I've not been to a cruise YET ... but I personally would go alone, absolutely. I regularly go to weekend events that have the same group of people with the same interests. I LOVE meeting them, catching up, and having that sense of "what is going to happen next" since, it's all a blank slate when your time is not planned around another person. I LOVE the adventure and wonderful things that happen when I'm alone and open to what happens. When you're with a companion there is an expectation to spend time with them, and you'll talk to them instead of other new people, give them a certain amount of attention and at least *I* feel like less is absorbed from the surroundings. Being alone is so wonderful when the POINT of going somewhere is to glean from the environment, rather than to spend time with and enjoy a particular other person.

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Maggie, I certainly understand your point. I was there not long ago, too- and then I imagined what MIGHT happen if Iīd go with DH. He was not really a non-Aber, but reluctant in a big way. We had trained many years to obey the spoken and non-spoken expectations of each other (what did not REALLY work out ) I tryed to bring Abeīs ideas over to him, but he wasnīt getting it. And I, too, went in circles, because of this deep-trained "WHEN you love me, THAN..."

When you are at this point, a cruise might just sweep you over the cliff of finally living Abeīs teachings. As Leslie mentioned: It could be a great training for you and your mates!

-I, actually was so dissappointed when he told me that he wouldnīt share me at a Abe-cruise. I got MAD!!! And out of sheer revenge I imagined in VR going alone and having SO MUCH FUN.
    Revenge-VR is not lasting long when you actually love your dear one... So I asked him semi-joking if I might dream about taking him with me (I know that I donīt need his allowance to do so). He was touched deeply and said (to my surprise) "Oh please, do so!"

-I did. And you know what happens? When I mentioned the new Hawaii-Cruise, he asked if I could tell him more. I did (and Ilovecake and others offered so many wonderful storys to add meat to the thing ). And finally he told me that he really, really would love to share me and live such an amazing thing, too.

That is super sweet POE .. and really touching!

lol no husband here!! I know wanting to share a life lived in this way is a totally different experience.

I was only mentioning that my wanting to experience things in the way *I* desire is generally thwarted when I have a companion.... especially one with romantic interests since I tend to lose interest in them and want to greedily milk everything and everyone that is only available for that particular time period. We can cozy up after I'm back

MinimalCeremony
    Quote Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
    I feel it's better to go alone. Abe cruises are not really cruises--they're gathering places for awesome people who are into the teachings, and the cruise part of it is really just a practical way to handle all the people...the fun is in the conversations around the seminar, and the practical application of the teachings to the very in the Vortex experience of cruising.
    Thank you for your kind words and welcome, Leslie.

I like what you say above and am now inclined to attend solo precisely so I can do as you say--bask in the fullness of the experience without looking over my shoulder to see if my companion is comfortable.

MimimalCeremony

MinimalCeremony
    Quote Originally Posted by MassageMaggie View Post
    I LOVE the adventure and wonderful things that happen when I'm alone and open to what happens...Being alone is so wonderful when the POINT of going somewhere is to glean from the environment, rather than to spend time with and enjoy a particular other person.
    Thank you for your reply.
    Your words helped me recall that I so relish the company of this person that I would feel both my time with him compromised and my capacity "to glean" from the Abe-rich environment compromised.

By the way, I enjoyed your reply to the woman who craved non-sexual touch. I was introduced to the ritual of daily dry-brushing followed by self-massage. I enjoy the self-massage so much that when pressed for time I'll skip the dry-brushing, but never the self-massage.

MinimalCeremony

I'm glad you asked this and thanks for the replies everyone! I've considered inviting my mom to Alaska. My " what do I want" is just to go with my daughter, really. But mom helps a lot, would love to see Alaska, we can add the third person for almost nothing..... Irrelevant, I suppose!

Yesterday I was thinking about this, and my daughter and I were sitting outside in lawn chairs. I was imagining myself on the cruise, and Hannah said, "it's nice, just the two of us". I had to agree! Anyway, thanks!

My daughter is not signed up for the workshops (lol) but she in a "natural"' ha ha ha!!!! She's in the vortex most of the time!!!!!

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paradise-on-earth View Post
    Maggie, I certainly understand your point. I was there not long ago, too- and then I imagined what MIGHT happen if Iīd go with DH. He was not really a non-Aber, but reluctant in a big way. We had trained many years to obey the spoken and non-spoken expectations of each other (what did not REALLY work out ) I tryed to bring Abeīs ideas over to him, but he wasnīt getting it. And I, too, went in circles, because of this deep-trained "WHEN you love me, THAN..."

When you are at this point, a cruise might just sweep you over the cliff of finally living Abeīs teachings. As Leslie mentioned: It could be a great training for you and your mates!

-I, actually was so dissappointed when he told me that he wouldnīt share me at a Abe-cruise. I got MAD!!! And out of sheer revenge I imagined in VR going alone and having SO MUCH FUN.
    Revenge-VR is not lasting long when you actually love your dear one... So I asked him semi-joking if I might dream about taking him with me (I know that I donīt need his allowance to do so). He was touched deeply and said (to my surprise) "Oh please, do so!"

-I did. And you know what happens? When I mentioned the new Hawaii-Cruise, he asked if I could tell him more. I did (and Ilovecake and others offered so many wonderful storys to add meat to the thing ). And finally he told me that he really, really would love to share me and live such an amazing thing, too.
    I have to show off a bit and update my statement:

DH and me are going together on the French-Riviera-Cruise this summer, and we BOTH canīt wait for the experience!!!
    We worked all this years to come into alignment with all that this means to us. And, it was SUCH an awesome journey. It was soo worth every tiny detail, and every corner in the road. It made us both being unconditional lovers, and also embracing so many details.

I guess you can play it out in whatever way it calls you- but for me, it was sooo worth it to take the small, "slow" scenic route to the endresult (uhm, knowing there is no "ending"...) that was sooo in our BOTH Vortexes.

Getting ready to be ready to be ready to be ready!!

If you could stop being unhappy about the situation,
    thatīs causing you to change, to get to it!
    ...uhhh, THERE IT IS.

Instead you wanna BLESS this resistance, because THAT is
    whatīs gonna help, to make the change in you.
    Thatīs getting you alll the way, to this things that you want-
    to all, that you want to be.

If you heard that, we are so happy!
    YOU are the one, changing. You are becoming less resistant, all the time.
    And you know how youīr becoming less resistant?
    By moving through resistance.

As you move through something that feels like struggle,
    you make more definition of who you are, and what you want.
    As things donīt go quite the way you want them to, you more clearly
    define what you want.
    Now here is the thing- uh, uh, uh, uh!!!!
    Your definition is not changing that. Thatīs all there.
    Whatīs changing is the RESISTANCE, in YOU!
    Did you hear it that time?
    Whatīs changing is the resistance in you. So you really wanna say:

Just bring it on! Iīm EAGER to learn!
    Iīm eager to know. Iīm eager to grow!
    Iīm eager to become! Iīm EAGER!
    Iīm eager for
    whatever it takes from me,
    to line up with this.

And then of course, do all the things weīve been talking about.
    Talk about that, talk about that. Talk about how you think that
    might feeeel. Use all the good words, and all the good visualizations
    that you can, about it.

But MOST OF ALL (...) -in fact, itīs the most IMPORTANT MESSAGE
    of ANY WS that weīve ever conduct-
    JUST CHILL OUT!!!
    Step 3 is your primary work!

Seattle, WA, 2016-07-09, from the clip
    Abraham Hicks 2016 -You are never letting go of our desire even when you release focus from it (new)