Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Abraham appreciators in Greece?

Quote Originally Posted by Greenmarker567 View Post
    I don't live anywhere Greece, but going to Greece is in my vortex (I am in Santorini, with my vortex lover, lol)...

Good knowing that there are Greek Abers on this forum!
    Oh Me too Fukami - Everytime I see this thread pop up in the Whats New I get a thrill - Maybe We have to start an Abraham Appreciators OF Greece Thread - only last night I was youtubing languages - Whooooo - Modern Greek is very very challenging - I think when I arrive I will just get by on smiles and laughter!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vovin View Post
    Hi Panos, it's not the best of times to move back to Greece, it's getting harder and harder to be in the vortex here..
    It really isn't the best of times in Greece... unless you love deep blue skies, turquoise seas, soft breezes, cool marble floors underfoot, swaying palm trees, exciting bouzouki music, frappes, the towering Acropolis hill, secluded islands, sailboats, the smell of corn roasting over coals, a bougatsa and coffee, endless pine forests, delicious forest honey, clay tile roofs, cafe umbrellas, kitties!, the reddest tomatoes on Earth, laiki with fresh beautiful succulent fruits and vegetables for as far as the eye can see lining a street in every neighborhood (talk about abundance!), the best olives in the world, divine wines (coming from an unlabeled plastic bottle!), happy passionate people who have perservered through every challenge they have ever met with style and good-humor, afternoon naps, being awoken to melodic church bells, yogurt (omg, the yogurt!!), and a general feeling of "coming together" amongst the people in order to keep this amazing country as rich and sensual as it always has been........ well, you get the point!

What'd I leave out? Feel free to tell me what makes Greece the best place on Earth right now!

The Netherlands, Otterlo at the moment...
    TryAgain,
    How can anyone possibly add something more! It is like you were reading my mind... now you have put beautifully into words my motive for going (coming) back! Greece = a sunbathed idea! You also touched upon what I find fascinated about this country of ours: its power! Its power to persevere and to overcome.
    What about all those rockets of desire that most all Greeks are shooting even as we speak!
    This all is why I am proud of being a Greek!

Quote Originally Posted by TryAgain View Post
    It really isn't the best of times in Greece... unless you love deep blue skies, turquoise seas, soft breezes, cool marble floors underfoot, swaying palm trees, exciting bouzouki music, frappes, the towering Acropolis hill, secluded islands, sailboats, the smell of corn roasting over coals, a bougatsa and coffee, endless pine forests, delicious forest honey, clay tile roofs, cafe umbrellas, kitties!, the reddest tomatoes on Earth, laiki with fresh beautiful succulent fruits and vegetables for as far as the eye can see lining a street in every neighborhood (talk about abundance!), the best olives in the world, divine wines (coming from an unlabeled plastic bottle!), happy passionate people who have perservered through every challenge they have ever met with style and good-humor, afternoon naps, being awoken to melodic church bells, yogurt (omg, the yogurt!!), and a general feeling of "coming together" amongst the people in order to keep this amazing country as rich and sensual as it always has been........ well, you get the point!

What'd I leave out? Feel free to tell me what makes Greece the best place on Earth right now!
    You left out ME!!!! And gorgeous men - beautiful women and adorable children - seafood - singing and so many smiles - I am so going to Greece!!!!

sounds just beautiful ! I hope to visit one of these days ! Onasis sure made it sound wonderful !

Thumbs up Greece: Imagining the Future

Today, I allowed myself to attract the blog of Peter Economides. He was involved in the branding of Apple that brought the company back from the brink in 1997. He has proposed a massive branding overhaul for Greece. And above all, he GETS IT.

A few words from his blog:

Letís not lose the opportunity presented by the crisis.

Opportunity? Yes.

I am not a blind optimist. But I am a believer. I believe in the power of imagination. And I believe in the power of human endeavor. And this is where the opportunity lies.
    Greece is on the brink of bankruptcy. But we are not a bankrupt nation. We are Greeks. People with the power to imagine. People with the intelligence to turn imagination into reality. We imagined the Acropolis. We imagined the Olympic Games. Now itís time to imagine the future.
    I studied economics. But I have learnt of the importance of social psychology.

People do great things when they feel great about themselves. Soccer teams do great things when they feel great about themselves. And nations do great things when they feel great about themselves. Screw economics.

Itís a world of multiple choice.

Brands influence decisions. And the most important decision that Brand Greece can influence is how Greeks feel about themselves and what they will imagine and do in order to create Greece of the future. A Greece of creativity, innovation and change.

Words inspired by Source!!

In addition to his blog, he has made a presentation about the branding of Greece that is found on the web at slideshare dot net.

I am so excited. I LOVE the reality that I'm living in and I know that all of Greece will be joining me here ( I know this because it's MY reality and I say so!). And I KNOW KNOW KNOW KNOW KNOW that this "crisis" will prove to be the best thing that ever happened for the ushering in of a new era in Greece. I can already see in my mind the transformation of Athens. I can see evidence everywhere. I see more people riding bikes than ever before. THANK YOU economic crisis. I see people socializing on a deeper level and a more community level, sitting and chatting outside of schools and workplaces (and government buildings ;-) ) rather than packed into noisy discotecs without any verbal exchange. THANK YOU economic crisis. I see people giving others breaks and understanding. I see a "coming together" on issues such as utility bills and transport costs. I see a return home to the village by many. I see innovation springing forth in answer to the challenges presented (I see bazaars, I see freecycling, I see re-use recycling, I see gardening, I see "thinking outside the box" on access to electricity, I see craft-making). THANK YOU economic crisis. THANK YOU economic crisis.

Ah, one more tidbit from Mr. Economides, that I must share. Did I mention, HE GETS IT?!
    (The only thing left to say is: It's all about vibration!)

Everything you say.
    Everything you do.
    Everything you don't say.
    Everything you don't do.
    EVERYTHING COMMUNICATES

It's funny I was just having a similar conversation this weekend.
    I went out Saturday night to this nice alternative creative place and when I returned home I realized for the first time in my life
    that I actually like living in Athens!!
    There so many places to discover...so many surprises!
    I love seeing the creativity around me.
    I love seeing more and more people using bicycles.
    I love seeing people taking initiatives.
    Is it just me or are we at the brink of something here?

my last name is Greek, it was my step grandfather in-law's name...........figure that one out..........I'm a mutt myself

Quote Originally Posted by Elxis View Post
    It's funny I was just having a similar conversation this weekend.
    I went out Saturday night to this nice alternative creative place and when I returned home I realized for the first time in my life
    that I actually like living in Athens!!
    There so many places to discover...so many surprises!
    I love seeing the creativity around me.
    I love seeing more and more people using bicycles.
    I love seeing people taking initiatives.
    Is it just me or are we at the brink of something here?
    DEFINITELY on the brink of something! All of the really high highs and really low lows is just the most vividly contrasted palette from which a more clear, vibrantly imagined future will be painted. I feel such a youthfulness in Athens lately. The energy is of possibilities, of "no problem", of innovation, of re-creating reality. I feel so much "doing something" and "going somewhere" and "taking charge". Even from my own youth, I didn't feel it so powerfully. It seemed in my youth, the focus was on "get a job" & work for a good boss. But what I'm feeling here now is more like, "There's no jobs...then I'll start my own online company," or "Working is boring; so I'll do what I love, create something, teach others how to play, and get paid for it instead." Yes, definitely "creativity" and "initiative" everywhere I look! I LOVE IT!!!! There has been a purging of sorts (of old, lack-minded energy), but certainly it is making way for the new...for the "cable-ready" ones as well as the ones who are willing to relax, sit back, and flow downstream.

LOA is bringing me more evidence of my belief.

From "The Guardian":

"There are two Greeces, was the forceful message at a packed gathering of young entrepreneurs and business start-ups in a converted warehouse in Thessaloniki port the other night. One of them … well, you know about that one. The other one is young, energetic, wired, brimming with ideas and doing very nicely thank you."