Page 719 of 720 FirstFirst ... 219619669709714715716717718719720 LastLast
Results 7,181 to 7,190 of 7194

Thread: Money TIPS...

Quote Originally Posted by lauriewinter09 View Post
    Whilst we are talking of things to appreciate, is it actually ok to be excited about the very simple things like the sun coming up in the morning?
    If you can be excited by this or appreciate this, absolutely.

Yeah my eyes roll at this suggestion and I cringe at this slightly.
    If you're rolling your eyes, then you're not appreciating or excited by this. If you're cringing (however slightly) then you're killing your appreciation with some thoughts about appreciation or being appropriate or whatever. IOW, you're contradicting your own thought, which is counterproductive, or you're trying to make too big of a leap from where you are.

You could dial it back so that you no longer feel your resistance (in the form of cringing or inappropriateness or rolling your eyes, etc.). That "dialing it back" might look to you like "I like sunrises" and why you like them.

Whilst we are talking of things to appreciate, is it actually ok to be excited about the very simple things like the sun coming up in the morning? Yeah my eyes roll at this suggestion and I cringe at this slightly.
    But we don't even need to ask for the sun to come up, but yet it does....
    What about the fact that my body breathes all by itself, my heart beats and pumps blood all by itself and my body is a self serving mechanism without needing any conscious effort on my part.....
    Going back to my childhood, I can look at all the maintenance I received: from my parents, not rich by western standards, but managed to keep a roof over my head, food , water, gas, electricity, other utilities, some before I was even old enough to know what money was. And the state that paid for my education, the health service, the state benefits and other things provided to me without me asking for them.
    In fact hundreds of thousands of pounds, possibly more,had changed hands before i was even old enough to know what money was yet alone even "work for it". Even the poorest (by western standards) person still has money flowing in and put of their experience, even if it's not actual paper money...
    I know words don't teach, but I like the dictionary definition of appreciate:
    recognize the full worth of.
    "she feels that he does not appreciate her"
    synonyms:value, treasure, admire, respect, hold in high regard, think highly of, think much of

And another good one:
    to raise in value

And no, if you are rolling your eyes, you aren't in the Vibration we call Appreciation. However, I do think that you can look at the other meanings of appreciate and find some good-feeling thoughts anyway.

I value the sun rising in the morning. I value my body. I value everything that was given freely to me.

There are other words and vibes that work too, that feel good. I love the word love. I love that the sun comes up!! To me that feels a little less funky than appreciating.

True Appreciation, for me, is something that cannot be forced. It flows naturally when it flows. When someone does something for me, for example. Especially something unexpected or above and beyond. Then it bubbles out and feels wonderful!!

Thank you for adding your thoughts on abundance from your childhood. It's amazing to think about, isn't it? How much we were supported and fed and educated.

Enjoying the nearby rivers and all wonderful shades of green in the surrounding nature
    Quote Originally Posted by WellBean View Post
    Anne!!! It's so good to see you!! What a beautiful story of Abundance.

I love basking in the feeling of Well Cared For. And I love how you said it -- when we look from a different angle, so much was there that we might have missed before.

I'm curious though -- my idea of fashionable clothes at age 15 was pretty terrible!! I think it was skin tight Calvin Klein jeans and ruffled shirts. I remember I was too little to wear adult sized Calvin Klein jeans so I had to buy them in the kids' section and they just weren't tight enough. I would wash them in the hottest water and they would shrink enough to be tight, but start to give a bit before lunch. I was so sad.

And so I will imagine you with much more fashion sense than I had!!

Another abundance from my life was great food. My mom was/is a great cook. So many good meals I had as a kid. I had a favorite meal when i was young, and years later I asked my mom why she never made it anymore. She looked at me like I was crazy and said "because we can afford to eat better now. Didn't you know that was our cheap dinner??" That feels like abundance to me too -- even in less abundant times, we had delicious food.

As I'm writing this, my friend is telling me how she gets free organic bread!! I can get some too, if I wanted to. Yay!!
    Oh, WellBean, you make me laugh My sense of fashion was also created by what I saw others of my age wearing proudly So a few months after I bought my first Levis Jeans from my own savings, I remember overhearing a remark about my style in the bus by a girl from my town: "She is always wearing Levis Jeans". This was fun for me, because the person talking obviously assumed I had several of them...

Yeah, and as for the donated clothing I received before, I am very happy to say, that later in life I had the opportunity to also give away good clothing, I or my daughter didn't have use of anymore. So the cycle continued. Money (in form of goods being bought by it) continued to flow. It feels so good to know, that abundance abounds, and is flowing to me and from me to others.

I am a receiver and giver of abundance.

Another beautiful story of receiving and giving in my life is cars.
    Three times by now I got a car as a present. One in my twenties, one in my thirties and one just this year.
    It started with an old used car, then a newer car, and now a brandnew, very pretty car.
    On receiving my pretty, new car, I decided to give my daughter my former car as a present, so that she and her boyfriend now have a reliable, economic car at their disposal, whenever they feel like taking the car instead of using public transport. This makes life much easier for them especially when they are visiting people who live further away, or when they go shopping for heavier or bigger items.

I love that I am a receiver and giver of abundance.

Abundance abounds

Love

Anne

Anne!! Yes!! I love feeling the Abundance is giving as well as receiving. What an inspired next step!!

But first, I love that you had Levi's and how good that felt. And how proud you were when the other girl remarked on them. I am now remembering that we also starting wearing dancer's leg warmers over our skin tight jeans. I had only one pair that were hot pink. How silly we must have looked -- and how hot we must have been. I lived in Dallas Texas!! The winters there aren't exactly COLD!! Ahhh, but to be part of something, even that ridiculous that was really special. Community, even a community of poor fashion choices, feels so abundant.

I'm not remembering any significant examples of Giving, although I'm feeling the love and appreciation I've been given back. The only one that comes fully to mind is that I offered a friend that she and her family could stay at my house if they had to evacuate quickly due to the hurricane. We both know it's not an ideal choice for either of us, but she is welcome. She told me the other day that it gave her so much relief to have a backup plan and she hadn't recognized how much worry she had been carrying. So my offer of giving was enough to change someone's experience. And how good it felt to me to hear that!

I love this opening up that we are doing -- abundance is more than dollars in the bank (although those are wonderful!!!). The feeling is as rich as one of Paradise on Earth's feasts!!

Enjoying the nearby rivers and all wonderful shades of green in the surrounding nature
    Quote Originally Posted by WellBean View Post
    Anne!! Yes!! I love feeling the Abundance is giving as well as receiving. What an inspired next step!!

><

Community, ><, feels so abundant.

I'm not remembering any significant examples of Giving, although I'm feeling the love and appreciation I've been given back. The only one that comes fully to mind is that I offered a friend that she and her family could stay at my house if they had to evacuate quickly due to the hurricane. We both know it's not an ideal choice for either of us, but she is welcome. She told me the other day that it gave her so much relief to have a backup plan and she hadn't recognized how much worry she had been carrying. So my offer of giving was enough to change someone's experience. And how good it felt to me to hear that!
    Hello WellBean, I love the story of you offering to share your house with your friend, and of her feeling so much relief by it

I also love, that you mention, that community is abundant. Yes, the feeling of belonging to a certain group feels abundant. Like right now it feels like abundance to me, to share uplifting stories with you and our other Abefriends here on this beautiful AbeForum for the Purpose of feeling good and creating and enjoying more feelings of abundance. The feeling of community adds a lot to my Well-Being and attracts all sorts of abundance into my life

Abundance abounds

Anne

Oh, and I just found this post from Paradise-on-Earth in the Abe Quote Thread:

Jerry:
    ><

And so the things, the wonderful things, and so many have come to me in my lifetime, nothing has ever come to me because it was something I really, really wanted. Nothing big has ever. It's always come because of something I have appreciated. Everything really huge and big is just something I appreciated and suddenly it's now part of my life ...

Abe:
    You've already through life put it into your Vortex. And in your quest and finding of appreciation, you align with it. And then it shows itself to you.

Abraham-Hicks.com, Denver, CO, 9/11/10

Yes, this matches absolutely my experience, and as this is the "Money Tips" thread I can only recommand exactly that to anyone wanting to get their stuff.

Here are a few examples from my own life:
    - Some years ago I very much appreciated the patio of an old beautiful farmhouse which I got to visit regularly. I appreciated it together with the man of my life. I also appreciated very much the old, heavy flower pots in the patio, made of stone looking like old feeding troughs. I loved their charming countryside flair.

--> A year later we started looking for a rental house for the two of us, and out of the blue a colleague of my husband offered him a house for rent with a patio decorated with exactly the same beautiful heavy stone flower pots And this in the ideal location for the two of us, and at a very affordable price. Well, of course we went for it

- A few years later we were looking for a house to buy and decided, that we wanted to stay in the same region near this lovely river, where we were already living at the time and which we appreciated so much.
    Plus several visits at my sisters place, who lived in a beautiful modern house with window doors and a lovely view over a gorgeous valley with breathtaking nature had given us a preference for this kind of living by appreciating it all the time we went there or looked at photos or remembered our lovely stays there...

--> Well, and we attracted exactly that: We are now living in a beautiful house with lots of window doors overlooking the gorgeous valley lining this lovely river just a ten minutes drive from our former home

So the Universe was giving us exactly what we appreciated. By our appreciation it had become part of our vortex. And then we were there. And the stuff was there. At just the right time.

Ah, and for those wondering about the story of how I got my brandnew car this year for a present:
    Well, it is really the same story as above.
    - First: I have been appreciating all my life any present I got.
    - Second: I have been appreciating the lovely car brand, I now own for quite some time already. Often when I talked about my next car, I mentioned the name of the brand with lots of appreciation, saying why I liked it, and what I appreciated about this car. I even remember, that one day my husband and I stopped at the parking of a car dealer just because a beautiful model of this car brand was displayed there, with a lovely color combination of mainly red accentuated by a shiny white roof with matching mirrors and rims.
    We looked at it througroughly, we took photos of me in front of that car, I often looked at these photos, and kept talking about my next car being one of that brand.
    --> And then, one day, my husband (at that time still my fiancé), decided to give me one for our wedding. And we found a wonderful model with a lovely color combination similar to the one we had taken photos of (only even prettier as the red part of my car is a lovely dark shade of red, and the white roof contains a panorama roof, plus the car has all kinds of modern technological commodities I didn't even think of consciously, but I appreciated them, whenever I saw and experienced them in other people's cars.

So yes, I would say, that appreciation is the key. Appreciation of our past and current abundance. Plus appreciation of anything beautiful that we see around us no matter to whom it belongs Somehow the Universal fairies really seem to know what we put in our vortex... and it is ask and it given. And the most effective way of asking is by appreciation.

What else do you need to attract abundance? Maybe positive expectation. Believing that good things can happen to you. Expecting, that a continuous flow of abundance is flowing towards you, like Abe say in their Meditation CD. And a feeling of worthiness.

Lots of love to all of you

Anne

Quote Originally Posted by footprints on my way View Post
    Hello WellBean, I love the story of you offering to share your house with your friend, and of her feeling so much relief by it

I also love, that you mention, that community is abundant. Yes, the feeling of belonging to a certain group feels abundant. Like right now it feels like abundance to me, to share uplifting stories with you and our other Abefriends here on this beautiful AbeForum for the Purpose of feeling good and creating and enjoying more feelings of abundance. The feeling of community adds a lot to my Well-Being and attracts all sorts of abundance into my life

Abundance abounds

Anne

Thank you for reminding me of THIS nourishing community. I remember feeling like I had come home the first time I visited.

What an interesting quote about Appreciation. I don't remember seeing it before. Congratulations on all of your wonderful manifestations!! I appreciate how you appreciated your way to them!

Quote Originally Posted by tonycat View Post
    "Someone has said, "the Universe has imagined it even better than you have." And we like to add to that: The Universe got all of its information about what you like from you, and it has remembered every piece of it and has put it together in perfect formation. And so, the things that are on their way to you are so much better than you even know that you want. And as you allow them, the essence all of these things that the Universe knows that you are wanting make their way to you and appear in perfect timing for you." -Abe
    I started rereading this glorious money tips thread and found on page 3 or 4 this wonderful, encouraging quote from Tonycat. It feels so good to know, that the Universe/Source/The Universal Fairies know our most intimitate and secret wishes. Every peace of it. Even if we have already forgotten, that we once appreciated this certain feature or experience, and that we had thought at the time, that it would be nice to have it in our own life, Source/Universe hasn't forgotten. And when we stay open to receiving the best life has to offer, we get it, at just the right time.

Again I feel, that this quote matches many of my personal life experiences, like the story of my brandnew car which I shared in one of my recent posts here, with the actual, real car I received, being even more beautiful in its color, design and equipment as I had consciously imagined before.

I love, that the things that are on their way to me are so much better than I even know that I want. And as I allow them, the essence of all these things that the Universe knows that I am wanting make their way to me and appear in perfect timing for me.

Abundance abounds

Love

Anne

P.S. I put several vortex symbols beside my name, as I have not only my own vortex, but I am also as a cooperative component part of other people's vortexes.

Wow, I read this thread a few months ago, it launched a lot of changes in my focus and I am so happy that has been bump up? yeah!!!!!

This feels huge, just a little thing that changes focus completely!!!

"Someone has said, "the Universe has imagined it even better than you have." And we like to add to that: The Universe got all of its information about what you like from you, and it has remembered every piece of it and has put it together in perfect formation. And so, the things that are on their way to you are so much better than you even know that you want. And as you allow them, the essence all of these things that the Universe knows that you are wanting make their way to you and appear in perfect timing for you." -Abe
    I love it and then

Jerry:

And so the things, the wonderful things, and so many have come to me in my lifetime, nothing has ever come to me because it was something I really, really wanted. Nothing big has ever. It's always come because of something I have appreciated. Everything really huge and big is just something I appreciated and suddenly it's now part of my life ...

Abe:
    You've already through life put it into your Vortex. And in your quest and finding of appreciation, you align with it. And then it shows itself to you.

Abraham-Hicks.com, Denver, CO, 9/11/10

This puts all into perspective for me, thatīs it, the importance of appreciation, of focus on living with joy and happiness!!! because we already have put everything we wish for into the vortex!!! our job is to be in appreciation, allowing it to be seen, feel, lived by us!!!!

Oh thanks so much for the reminder!!!

I am definitely starting to focus more on appreciation (and fun, hehehehe)

here, letīs have more vortexes Anne,

have fun and enjoy a wonderful weekend!!!!

love and kisses

have fun and enjoy a wonderful weekend!!!!
    that's nice!
    I also loved the story Anne!!!