Page 715 of 720 FirstFirst ... 215615665705710711712713714715716717718719720 LastLast
Results 7,141 to 7,150 of 7194

Thread: Money TIPS...

I've been thinking the same thing, but rather than "it's a very tough job" "it's a very important job" "it is a job that can only be done right by the right person with passion for the job, and that's usually gotta be a bond of blood"

Nannies don't even do the kind of work that mothers or stay-at-home-fathers do (personal cleaning lady/guy, personal assistant, take out the garbage, etc. etc. etc.) I've known two who quit because their employers were insisting they do these things. Just because a job has been given a lot of momentum in the thoughts about it over the millennia doesn't mean it needs to be continued. What an incredibly valuable job it is. What a great teaching the parent give the child, through the clarity of their example, of the possiblities of hte universe, of the application of the knowledge of the focusing of thought, of power and joy and resilience and unconditionality.

Just putting in my two cents. Which I earned through hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by night View Post
    yes, scandinavian countries have an all different way to see these things, maybe because they have better economies than the rest of the world, so they can afford this stuff, also students get money from the state to study btw, they have 20 years to give them back, without interests, it's not much money they get per month but it's there, and you can live with it, although you need to be quite tight with economies.

MiAlma, I hope you're not irritated by my questions, tell me to stop eventually. It's true, your situation doesn't look bad at all, so one more reason to think that it's probably mostly a matter of perception. I detect something suspicious in the wording you use, that it's "play" money. Makes me think of a kid buying candies lol. As it's for play, I can't ask for more. Are you sure? You've earned that money! being a SAM is a very tough job! and you can use it how the hell you want, if it's to buy nail polish be it. It's earned money, not play money!

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaDM View Post
    I've been thinking the same thing, but rather than "it's a very tough job" "it's a very important job" "it is a job that can only be done right by the right person with passion for the job, and that's usually gotta be a bond of blood"

Nannies don't even do the kind of work that mothers or stay-at-home-fathers do (personal cleaning lady/guy, personal assistant, take out the garbage, etc. etc. etc.) I've known two who quit because their employers were insisting they do these things. Just because a job has been given a lot of momentum in the thoughts about it over the millennia doesn't mean it needs to be continued. What an incredibly valuable job it is. What a great teaching the parent give the child, through the clarity of their example, of the possiblities of hte universe, of the application of the knowledge of the focusing of thought, of power and joy and resilience and unconditionality.

Just putting in my two cents. Which I earned through hard work.

Earning one's keep is a tired idea, don't you think??

I witness the concept in my own home, with unschooled kids who were not raised with chores or forced to help when they didn't want to, they both CHOOSE to be a part of the upkeep of the home. It's natural for humans to participate in the maintenance of the environment, each one contributing in meaningful ways to the community.

I think it's only LACK thinking that has us judge and resent others, or feel upstream about our own contributions and feel like we need to earn something.

the lovely money thread

Beautiful!
    Quote Originally Posted by lovelivelaugh View Post
    I had a big, big, breakthrough last night. I've been chewing around with the idea that the reason I want lots of money is to impress people. I've realized that the fear that I want money to impress others is a huge part of my resistance and it comes from my mom and blah blah old news. So yesterday, I got the urge to buy my friends a gift I had been meaning to buy for months. I usually wouldn't spend money this time of the month because I don't like my checking to get below a certain point. But yesterday, I was in the vortex so I just did it. I knew the gift I wanted to buy and it is frivolous and not useful but a traditional, lovely gift. I knew that I could quickly purchase it from one of my favorite department stores. I have always loved this store. When I was a kid, it was a symbol of some really exciting, glamorous, adult future I'd have someday. However, it isn't someplace I typically shop. I knew the gift I wanted would be about $150, which I could spend if I wanted to but I hadn't committed when I got to the website. This story is about to get super exciting and fun.

I pull up the gifts page and start browsing. And I find it. The perfect gift. Not exactly the same item but the same idea and more resonant with my friends' taste than the other. It was priced at $45 dollars and was part of a special 25% off promotion. I just bought. No hemming and hawing. Didn't blink at the gift wrap charge. Took delight in writing the note and imagining their faces when it came to their doorstep. When I went to check out I had thought, I bet I have a coupon code (this store is too fancy to call it a coupon but that's what it is) in my email. At the same moment the top of the screen flashed a discount code. When all was said and done I spent less than $60. It unfolded perfectly, every thought and action being the next logical step.

That was fun, but the breakthrough came later. I started worrying that I'd done this to impress my friends. I thought, "Maybe I just want them to think I'm super cool and shop at this sweet store with fancy gift wrap and fancy gifts." But that can't be true. These friends won't even get the fanciness of it all. They don't know Bergdorf's from JC Penney. They just don't care. But they will love the gift. The shopping experience was for me. I went to that store because I like it. It's who I am. My vision of my adult self was a woman who shopped at fancy department stores and sent lovely gifts and enjoyed luxury. It made perfect sense when I was kid. When I am an adult I will shop here, I will do things like my mom and big sis only better. I will carry this handbag and wear this perfume. I knew who I was when I was ten years old, but it seems like I've spent everyday since convincing myself that I'm not that person. That person is shallow. That person is trying to impress others. OOH. Just had another great thought. When I judge others I'm really judging myself. Wow. I'm really rolling in manifestation right now.

The cool thing about the whole experience wasn't the physical manifestation. It's cool that I got them a sweet present at a sweet price. The fun I had buying it was the manifestation. It was the experience that I wanted. Clicking through the well-designed catalogue. Writing the card. Looking at the gift wrap. I felt like the chic, sophisticated woman I have always wanted to be. Like the chic, sophisticated woman I am. I totally get where my parents were coming from. I know my mother's stomach must have dropped the day I crossed the threshold of the Chanel boutique with more reverence than I had shown in any Church. I played by their rules for a long time. I have the degrees. I have the seriousness. I speak multiple languages. I'm scholarly. But I've lived their vision of who I am for far too long. I'm going to let myself be me. Me's going to flow some serious nachos, too. Because I love the feeling of opening my closet door and feeling like I'm in an art gallery. I appreciate the beauty and craftmanship. It's not about a label. It's about me. Being who I was born to be. Living my preferences. Even if it isn't my parents' preference.

This feels really good. I realized last night that I never have to worry about money again. Who I am is just a wealthy person. And it's an afterthought. Money is not a big deal. It is not an end unto itself. Because it's not about the money, it's about the experience and the emotion. Even if a part of me still wants to beat the what is drum, I now have a clearer vision of who I am. And that is the touchstone that will break everything else open. I'm having so much fun with this.

Edit: To add an emot

Manifested $54 coming in the mail, some I'd wired to someone about 10 years ago, something about a class action suit. I had to fill out a form on line, and it's going to be sent back to me. And as I was typing this I just happened to see that the album I'm listening to is 4:44:46. Yay. (I'm not going to listen to all 4 hours of it right now, to be clear). Well, it's nice to have money just coming in the mail. The system works. I feel a feeling of "nailed it," "did manifesting without action" "productivity" "satisfaction" "ease" and "clarity." It's nice hitting a certain kind of tipping point. When the money comes I'm contributing a little of it to the Abe meetup, I think. It was a fun gathering we had, and one person had manifested $25 in ones at her feet in the very middle of a crowded city square.

I really like plugging into a group energy as a way to help me focus and move my vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaDM View Post
    Manifested $54 coming in the mail, some I'd wired to someone about 10 years ago, something about a class action suit. I had to fill out a form on line, and it's going to be sent back to me. And as I was typing this I just happened to see that the album I'm listening to is 4:44:46. Yay. (I'm not going to listen to all 4 hours of it right now, to be clear). Well, it's nice to have money just coming in the mail. The system works. I feel a feeling of "nailed it," "did manifesting without action" "productivity" "satisfaction" "ease" and "clarity." It's nice hitting a certain kind of tipping point. When the money comes I'm contributing a little of it to the Abe meetup, I think. It was a fun gathering we had, and one person had manifested $25 in ones at her feet in the very middle of a crowded city square.

I really like plugging into a group energy as a way to help me focus and move my vibe.

Its very interesting because a day ago i caught up with an old friend the day after someone suggested that
    I should launch some information products. On information he sells for his program with videos he made
    $593,000 since January and its May..

My reality opened in that moment I saw his bank statements. I said WOW, I could do what he has done.
    He has people pay him for coaching and I help build businesses and help people expand their business
    and do internet marketing ..

I have a friend who does the best "lets call it different video" and I though I could pull some of my resources
    and create what my friend just did , I can do that ..

I give away information for people every day for their business and give people amazing information for their
    business and as I looked at my friend's goofy videos I thought ...WOW..imagine that , isnt that interesting ..

I can do that , why cant I do it all this weekend and be making more money by next week. How I should
    clear my space asap and get to work !

I've been manifesting all kinds of money. Spectacular!

One of my favorite ways I find most effective is my online appreciation journal. Hitting all those keys on my keyboard and getting all my gratitude into words really gets the pump going so easy, so effortlessly

Journal Gratitude

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    I've been manifesting all kinds of money. Spectacular!

One of my favorite ways I find most effective is my online appreciation journal. Hitting all those keys on my keyboard and getting all my gratitude into words really gets the pump going so easy, so effortlessly

What ONLINE Journal Program do you use ?
    Share what kinds of MONEY amounts have been coming in ?

Super Moderator Hands in the Clay's Avatar
    Reminder: Please keep discussion focused on the Abraham Teachings and not generic techniques.

And comparing numbers is one way of not minding one's own business and, unless it inspires emulation, that will hold you up every time.

One man's trash is another man's come-up.

hello everyone
    the other day I thought about money and how I'd like to have more, and thought I actually just had to go with the flow etc so I felt like I let go off things, I felt ease and the next day I got a letter through the post saying Ill be reimbursed 500 euros (taxes) I was like what? I'm never reimbursed (dunno how it's possible) anyway I'm really happy!
    last night I dreamt that I found hundreds of euros on the pavement with my bf, it was funny, we were like jumping on the notes, putting our foot on it to be sure no one else sees it ahah!now I'm expecting to find some, how exciting!