Page 717 of 720 FirstFirst ... 217617667707712713714715716717718719720 LastLast
Results 7,161 to 7,170 of 7194

Thread: Money TIPS...

Oh wow a response from HITC You cannot know how my heart jumped! Your posts are so eloquently written that your purple posts just jump at me from every thread! I feel like a celebrity just wrote to me I feel like a lottery win is happening as you say you will be watching our renaissance!

That luxury pampering sounds heavenly. I too, lived in France, Paris and the South, and one of the great results of living in France is to see how much they devote to pampering themselves and to their luxuries. I love how they savour life's luxuries, be it a Louis Vuitton handbag, an indulgent pastry, a sweet glass of rose or a walk in the park. It really taught me so much about indulging myself.

I must add, I have started the wallet game and my money grew from 50 to 100 in the space of a week.

I am doing the prosperity game and am trying to savour it as money that already exists in my vortex.

One great tip I have to add, that I got the idea from Money Tips thread was Tony Cat said to always pay yourself first. So now I do just that. Its a small amount, but its MY amount. I put it into an account as my regular savings. It feels great.

I also have a 'Fun Money Account' - an account not for bills or savings, but simply any extra money I get aside from my salary goes into this account for me to use how I please. I look at it and imagine what I could buy with it. I think of the monies I potentially have going into it. It feel so light and breezy and fun for me. I can save it for some luxury product or I can spend it on a high street dress, or take my family out for dinner, I can do whatever I want with it. Its only purpose is my fun. And it is growing. From finding money in a local supermarket, to the small lottery wins... it is growing. I see this account as no pressure, no stress, just plain good old fashioned fun!

As I was writing out resistance picked up from my childhood last night, I thought to myself 'Why am I carrying all their OOTV crappy thoughts about wealth with me'? This is my life, my moment, my time. I can think whatever I like. These people attracted those negative experiences with wealth, not me. I already have 'broken through' much bigger resistance picked up from childhood with regards to other subjects that are more important to me than money. It feels good. I just need to practice this - until it becomes dominant. So I am going to read myself my New Normal throughout the day until it feels normal!

I also find reading about billionaires and millionaires and the great fun they have with their wealth. I have a particular interest in Warren Buffet who is giving away 90% of his multi-billion dollar fortune. There was a great documentary on him that I 'happened' to see recently and at the end it listed all the great charities who benefit from him. He came across to me as a wonderful man, a great human being, kind, full of integrity and the lovely way he spoke about his first wife. It was lovely to hear a billionaire talk about how much fun it is for him to make money. How fun it now is for him to give it away. All these positive stories are helping re-wire those old negative beliefs that all wealthy people have cheated people for their money.

Now I must 'do the work', pick a process and find some relief about work tomorrow morning...

Thanks for participating with the Class of 2017!

how fun to see the money tips thread start moving again!

I found out a few months ago that Warren Buffet's sister lived in my neighborhood!! She gave, and still gives generously to our area. She goes by The Sunshine Lady. How BRILLIANT is that!!

Quote Originally Posted by Getting Happier View Post
    Oh wow a response from HITC You cannot know how my heart jumped! Your posts are so eloquently written that your purple posts just jump at me from every thread!
    Yes, aren't they? I read them as works of literature - so much talent!

I had a realization recently that my big thing with time shortage is the same kind of thing as money shortage. It's a feeling of limit, of a lack of abundance. This made me turn to this thread, as well. Perhaps I could play some kind of a prosperity game with time: write checks to myself that contain minutes and hours instead of dollars and allocate them to different activities of my choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Getting Happier View Post
    I too, lived in France, Paris and the South, and one of the great results of living in France is to see how much they devote to pampering themselves and to their luxuries. I love how they savour life's luxuries, be it a Louis Vuitton handbag, an indulgent pastry, a sweet glass of rose or a walk in the park. It really taught me so much about indulging myself.
    Funny as I live in France too now for the second time in my life and I find them adorable but a little tense . Definitely...
    They have their reasons. I do like their estheticism though, it puts me at great ease because I am a bit like that too.

'A little tense'. I must say I laughed at that. They are very passionate but as I am also a European I did not find it a culture shock.
    Now when I moved to London...boy oh boy could you call people there Tense (yes tense with a capital T!) although that was obviously exactly what I attracted!

Quote Originally Posted by rose essence View Post
    Funny as I live in France too now for the second time in my life and I find ythem adorable but a little tense . Definitely...
    They have their reasons. I do like their estheticism though, it puts me at great ease because I am a bit like that too.

I could not have put it better myself. The posts are beautiful literature. The Hemingway of the abeforum!

Quote Originally Posted by Felicie View Post
    Yes, aren't they? I read them as works of literature - so much talent!

The Sunshine Lady - what an uplifting title to have!

This is funny because yesterday I was writing of the excess of luxury I have allowed (thanks HITC and her pedicure post!) and I was writing how I always manage to live in the wealthiest neighbourhoods of the cities I have lived in. And now my new aber friend lives in such a wealthy area, he has warren buffets sister as a neighbor who regularly donates money to the area!

Quote Originally Posted by WellBean View Post
    how fun to see the money tips thread start moving again!

I found out a few months ago that Warren Buffet's sister lived in my neighborhood!! She gave, and still gives generously to our area. She goes by The Sunshine Lady. How BRILLIANT is that!!

Can an you be a bit more specific about how you are experiencing time shortage?

Quote Originally Posted by Felicie View Post
    I had a realization recently that my big thing with time shortage is the same kind of thing as money shortage. It's a feeling of limit, of a lack of abundance. This made me turn to this thread, as well. Perhaps I could play some kind of a prosperity game with time: write checks to myself that contain minutes and hours instead of dollars and allocate them to different activities of my choice.

This week I'm planning on becoming very, overly, fantastically familiar with my New Normal until I can easily summon the feelings of it without even having to read it.

Continue to enjoy the 'giving and recieving' games I play. When I play the lottery and buy my weekly groceries, both of those companies donate money to charity. With my groceries they even give me a token and I get to choose one of 3 charities boxes to put it into. That feels so nice! I feel when I play this game where I give (my money) and yet receive (the nice feeling of helping people) at the same time. It feels full circle to me. So I make a note if it in my journal and I give myself 1 each time I play to spend on whatever I like.

Continue reading the money thread, playing the wallet and prosperity games and enjoying the abundance meditations where I physically hold my 100.

Milk my Wednesdays where I exchange a days wages for a day of being with my son. A whole day during the working week with just me and him to play all day. It's my heaven on earth.

I plan on treating Hubbie and I to a delicious slice of homemade cake on Friday at our work charity bake sale that I have organised, as a reward for loving myself enough to want more from life for me and for my family.

The same way over a period of time I built up muscles in the gym so I now powerlifting heavy weights easily, I am planning on building that prosperity muscle. 3 years ago I would have dreaded the 'mans end' of the gym. Now it's one of my favourite places in the world to be.