Page 718 of 720 FirstFirst ... 218618668708713714715716717718719720 LastLast
Results 7,171 to 7,180 of 7194

Thread: Money TIPS...

Enjoying the nearby rivers and all wonderful shades of green in the surrounding nature
    Quote Originally Posted by Getting Happier View Post
    Can an you be a bit more specific about how you are experiencing time shortage?
    I have been reading the latest posts of the money thread, too, as I am subcribed to this thread.

And I was very happy about the general way, Felicie put her ideas of her feeling of "time shortage" as a limiting feeling of "lack of abundance (of time)".

With time I have learned, that Abe's advice to go general (instead of displaying all the details and possibly giving lots of examples) works best for me. As well, when I talk about my own feelings as also when I listen to others.
    Lots of details of what is not working make me spiral down, because by LOA I attract more thoughts and memories of the same "not working" type, whilst going general leaves me with the light feeling of acknowledging something in its essence, whilst staying detached, and then move immediately into the direction of the solution or the next better feeling thought. I believe, that for any feeling of shortage or discomfort or "not having", that works best.

Yet, of course you are free to ask, and Felicie is free to answer in any possible way.

What I intend with this post is, to share my positive feeling and experience of the benifits of the "go general" practice, which Abe advises.

P.S. Felicie, I like the idea of writing yourself checks which contain minutes and hours for certain activities. I believe, this could work very well :-)

Love

Anne

Quote Originally Posted by Getting Happier View Post
    The Sunshine Lady - what an uplifting title to have!

This is funny because yesterday I was writing of the excess of luxury I have allowed (thanks HITC and her pedicure post!) and I was writing how I always manage to live in the wealthiest neighbourhoods of the cities I have lived in. And now my new aber friend lives in such a wealthy area, he has warren buffets sister as a neighbor who regularly donates money to the area!
    To clarify, I am WellBean, forum sister to the fabulous WellBeing.

People get us confused, for obvious reasons I don't mind.

Also, the Buffets are known to live rather modestly compared to their wealth. I live in a wonderful neighborhood, but it's not Park Avenue, and that's ok with me!

So much of Abundance-mindedness is NOTICING the current abundance.

It seems we, many of us, have been conditioned to notice the lack.

I would love to see us rampage on the Abundance of our past, instead of telling old lack-filled stories. If you are here today, reading on a computer screen, you had some Abundance to speak of. You've at the least been fed and sheltered enough to survive to this age, and have access to Abraham and a computer.

I could tell the stories of the lack, and of my screwy parents, but I could also tell the much better feeling stories of RECEIVING. I can be General when I find myself straying into those lack memories. They were an important part of who I am now, I don't need to pretend they didn't happen. But this is to practice noticing the Abundance that's always been.

Anyone else want to play?

I'll tell mine in my next post.

When I think on it, Ive had an incredibly abundant life so far. When I think about how much was given freely to me as a child -- food, clothing, shelter, toys, school supplies, and time to just be a kid -- no one asked for anything in return. I was, I existed, and therefore I received. What a beautiful thing!!

I don't want to go into specifics here on a public forum, so I'll note them privately. In general, I had so much of what I needed and wanted, I had experiences that nourished me, I had relationships of love and fun and friendship. I had pets. I had too many gorgeous sunsets to count. I had hot swimming pool summers and crisp autumn leaves and winter wonderlands and colorful springs. I've smelled fresh off the presses cash. I've gone sofa diving for lost change. I've had things come easily and magically, I've worked hard and felt the satisfaction of a job well done. I've had island vacations, and relaxed stay-cations. I've paid off debts. I've eaten in fine restaurants. I've even had celebrities buy me dessert. I look out my window and see trees and flowers and clouds from hurricane Irma (a week ago we were planning for a direct hit, and now we will get a little rain and wind). I've got time to write this. I've got plans for food soon. I've got so much I couldn't possibly write it all here.

Abundance abounds!

Perhaps I could play some kind of a prosperity game with time: write checks to myself that contain minutes and hours instead of dollars and allocate them to different activities of my choice.

Interesting isn't it how time and money can be interchangable. It's really about how we flow our energy . Really neither are as fixed as we might think and subjective to all of us : wink

Looking forwards to participating on this thread. Just re reading MLOA now. Does anyone have any particular process in mind of are we just going with the flow?

Great idea WellBean! I had so much abundance in my past, both money and love. I got to go to such beautiful places in nature. I got to have music lessons, which set me up for being able to understand and appreciate the music that I loev most today, music I can listen to and think, "This alone makes it worth it to have come into this time-space reality!" I had time to play, to invent,I had a computer to work on, a fast 386 (in its day that was fast!).

I loved my parents and my gramma and grampa, I thought we were the best family in the whole wide world. I had lots of hugs and praise, I was celebrated for my inspirations and my creativity.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaDM View Post
    Great idea WellBean! I had so much abundance in my past, both money and love. I got to go to such beautiful places in nature. I got to have music lessons, which set me up for being able to understand and appreciate the music that I loev most today, music I can listen to and think, "This alone makes it worth it to have come into this time-space reality!" I had time to play, to invent,I had a computer to work on, a fast 386 (in its day that was fast!).

I loved my parents and my gramma and grampa, I thought we were the best family in the whole wide world. I had lots of hugs and praise, I was celebrated for my inspirations and my creativity.
    Love this, J.

Enjoying the nearby rivers and all wonderful shades of green in the surrounding nature
    Quote Originally Posted by WellBean View Post
    When I think on it, Ive had an incredibly abundant life so far. When I think about how much was given freely to me as a child -- food, clothing, shelter, toys, school supplies, and time to just be a kid -- no one asked for anything in return. I was, I existed, and therefore I received. What a beautiful thing!!

I don't want to go into specifics here on a public forum, so I'll note them privately. In general, I had so much of what I needed and wanted, I had experiences that nourished me, I had relationships of love and fun and friendship. I had pets. I had too many gorgeous sunsets to count. I had hot swimming pool summers and crisp autumn leaves and winter wonderlands and colorful springs. I've smelled fresh off the presses cash. I've gone sofa diving for lost change. I've had things come easily and magically, I've worked hard and felt the satisfaction of a job well done. I've had island vacations, and relaxed stay-cations. I've paid off debts. I've eaten in fine restaurants. I've even had celebrities buy me dessert. I look out my window and see trees and flowers and clouds from hurricane Irma (a week ago we were planning for a direct hit, and now we will get a little rain and wind). I've got time to write this. I've got plans for food soon. I've got so much I couldn't possibly write it all here.

Abundance abounds!
    Yes, Well-Bean, Abundance abounds

Nowadays I see many things at a different angle, so for example I now appreciate the period of my childhood, where I and my sisters and brother got regularly donations of second hand clothing from a family, who had the same number of kids as our family, and all of them just about two years older as we were.
    So we had an abundance of beautiful clothing and we got to choose, what we liked.
    That way I learned to appreciate and expect free gifts.
    Therefore I knew and know, that I always have everything I need.

--> When the time came, that as a fifteen year old I prefered to wear new clothes following the latest fashion, I got a beautiful raise of monthly pocket money plus I got the opportunity to work a few weeks during my summer holidays and all of my easter holidays. Making good use of this for the rest of my teenage years, I always had enough of anything I wanted including modern clothes. Plus I was able to pay for my driving licence myself

More of that in the following posts.

Abundance abounds

Anne

Quote Originally Posted by footprints on my way View Post
    Yes, Well-Bean, Abundance abounds

Nowadays I see many things at a different angle, so for example I now appreciate the period of my childhood, where I and my sisters and brother got regularly donations of second hand clothing from a family, who had the same number of kids as our family, and all of them just about two years older as we were.
    So we had an abundance of beautiful clothing and we got to choose, what we liked.
    That way I learned to appreciate and expect free gifts.
    Therefore I knew and know, that I always have everything I need.

--> When the time came, that as a fifteen year old I prefered to wear new clothes following the latest fashion, I got a beautiful raise of monthly pocket money plus I got the opportunity to work a few weeks during my summer holidays and all of my easter holidays. Making good use of this for the rest of my teenage years, I always had enough of anything I wanted including modern clothes. Plus I was able to pay for my driving licence myself

More of that in the following posts.

Abundance abounds

Anne

Anne!!! It's so good to see you!! What a beautiful story of Abundance.

I love basking in the feeling of Well Cared For. And I love how you said it -- when we look from a different angle, so much was there that we might have missed before.

I'm curious though -- my idea of fashionable clothes at age 15 was pretty terrible!! I think it was skin tight Calvin Klein jeans and ruffled shirts. I remember I was too little to wear adult sized Calvin Klein jeans so I had to buy them in the kids' section and they just weren't tight enough. I would wash them in the hottest water and they would shrink enough to be tight, but start to give a bit before lunch. I was so sad.

And so I will imagine you with much more fashion sense than I had!!

Another abundance from my life was great food. My mom was/is a great cook. So many good meals I had as a kid. I had a favorite meal when i was young, and years later I asked my mom why she never made it anymore. She looked at me like I was crazy and said "because we can afford to eat better now. Didn't you know that was our cheap dinner??" That feels like abundance to me too -- even in less abundant times, we had delicious food.

As I'm writing this, my friend is telling me how she gets free organic bread!! I can get some too, if I wanted to. Yay!!

Whilst we are talking of things to appreciate, is it actually ok to be excited about the very simple things like the sun coming up in the morning? Yeah my eyes roll at this suggestion and I cringe at this slightly.
    But we don't even need to ask for the sun to come up, but yet it does....
    What about the fact that my body breathes all by itself, my heart beats and pumps blood all by itself and my body is a self serving mechanism without needing any conscious effort on my part.....
    Going back to my childhood, I can look at all the maintenance I received: from my parents, not rich by western standards, but managed to keep a roof over my head, food , water, gas, electricity, other utilities, some before I was even old enough to know what money was. And the state that paid for my education, the health service, the state benefits and other things provided to me without me asking for them.
    In fact hundreds of thousands of pounds, possibly more,had changed hands before i was even old enough to know what money was yet alone even "work for it". Even the poorest (by western standards) person still has money flowing in and put of their experience, even if it's not actual paper money...
    Last edited by WellBeing; 1 Week Ago at 07:15 PM. Reason: Removed Tapatalk promotional signature line