Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 30 Days of Affirmations

One more post because I really love this affirmation from the Well-being card deck and it fits right in with my previous post:

"There is nothing for me to guard against."

"You exist in a place of absolute Well-being;
    tell yourself that again and again.
    Know it.
    Be the evidence of it
    to give others reason to believe that all can be well"

~Abraham

I’ve been thinking about posting this for awhile but I hesitated because it isn’t exactly from A-H. But it is “Abraham-approved” material. I say that because Neale Donald Walsch did the foreword for The Law of Attraction – The Basics of the Teachings of Abraham, A-H offers the CD called "Conversations With God for Teens," and Abraham has always spoken highly of these writings when asked, so I hope it isn't going to be problematic that I'm quoting it here.

I brought CWG home from the library to just read through it quickly and decide whether or not I thought I wanted to recommend it to a friend of mine - my ex-husband, actually. He sees, and appreciates, the changes that I’ve been going through and he is curious about what I know, but he just can’t accept Abraham as a source of information, and that stops him from going any further. I thought that if it was in the context of God he might find it more acceptable and continue with the journey.

I was surprised at how interesting the book was – although I mentally changed “God” to “Source” - and ended up buying Book 1 and Book 3 in the series so that I could underline and make margin notes relating things to what Abe is saying. I was so excited to read the part that I am posting here! It answered a question that I’ve had for a long time and have never heard answered – Why did we have to forget this information in order to come here to physical and be creators? – and threw a spotlight on something that Abe says very often: We’re all in this together.

The clarification that I got from this section of the book has been a source of great relief for me. I only have to remind myself of the way this was explained and I am able to drop resistance immediately.

And it fits perfectly with the quote that Tony posted a couple of days ago in the thread called “Okay, thanks.”(If you haven’t read that you really should!)

I'm going to break it up into sections so it will be easier to read.

FYI, anything in brackets [ ] and in red is, of course, me speaking and not part of the quoted material.
    Last edited by Larissa; 03-25-2012 at 12:39 PM.

“Now, to keep things simple, I’m going to use your children of God mythological model as a basis for discussion, because it is a model with which you are familiar—and in many ways it is not that far off. So let’s go back to how this process of self-knowing must work.

There is one way I could have caused all of My spiritual children to know themselves as parts of Me—and that was simply to tell them. This I did. But you see, it was not enough for Spirit to simply know itself as God, or part of God, or children of God, or inheritors of the kingdom (or whatever mythology you want to use).

As I’ve already explained, knowing something, and experiencing it, are two different things. Spirit longed to know itself experientially (just as I did!). Conceptual awareness was not enough for you. So I devised a plan. It is the most extraordinary idea in all the universe—and the most spectacular collaboration. I say collaboration because all of you are in it with Me.
    [How many times have we heard Abraham say that we’re all in this together?! But, personally, I never took this idea back to the very beginning and thought about us all being in it together – as one big “blob” of Source Energy – when we came up with the idea of how this would all play out! And since we were all figuring this out together, of course we said that all we’d have to do is ask and it would be given! Of course we planned for our lives to be fun! Why would we have planned it any other way?! How can anything be wrong, how can there be anything to fear, how can there be anything to worry about when this is the truth of the matter? Of course all is well! Of course well-being abounds! Of course I can be, do, and have anything! Of course! Of course! Of course! This was HUGE for me!]

"Under the plan, you as pure spirit would enter the physical universe just created. This is because physicality is the only way to know experientially what you know conceptually. It is, in fact, the reason I created the physical cosmos to begin with—and the system of relativity which governs it, and all creation.

Once in the physical universe, you, My spirit children, could experience what you know of yourself—but first, you had to come to know the opposite. To explain this simplistically, you cannot know yourself as tall unless you become aware of short. You cannot experience the part of yourself that you call fat unless you also come to know thin. [Contrast!]

Taken to ultimate logic, you cannot experience yourself as what you are until you’ve encountered what you are not. This is the purpose of the theory of relativity, and all physical life. It is by that which you are not that you yourself are defined. [This intrigued me so I started to make a list of all the things that I’m not. “I am not a man. I am not imprisoned . . . .” I’m not exactly sure what will come of it but for some reason it put me ITV to do it. It was fun! Maybe because when I looked at the list of all the things I am not, it brought me a little closer to awareness of who I am?]

"Now in the case of the ultimate knowing—in the case of knowing yourself as the Creator—you cannot experience your Self as creator unless and until you create. And you cannot create yourself until you uncreate yourself. In a sense, you have to first “not be” in order to be.

Of course, there is no way for you to not be who and what you are — you simply are that (pure, creative spirit), have been always and always will be. So, you did the next best thing. You caused yourself to forget Who You Really Are.

Upon entering the physical universe, you relinquished your remembrance of yourself. This allows you to choose to be Who You Are, rather than simply wake up in the castle, so to speak. ["Wake up in the castle."]

". . . You cannot not be My offspring no matter how hard you try—but you can forget.

You are, have always been, and will always be, a divine part of the divine whole, a member of the body. That is why the act of rejoining the whole, of returning to God, is called remembrance. You actually choose to re-member Who You Really Are, or to join together with the various parts of you [the Physical, and the Non-Physical that includes all the lives we’ve ever lived plus what everyone else has lived – at least that’s how I understand what I've heard Abraham say] to experience the all of you—which is to say, the All of Me.

Your job on Earth, therefore, is not to learn (because you already know), but to re-member Who You Are.”
    Last edited by Larissa; 03-25-2012 at 01:09 PM.