Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: The WHAT RICH PEOPLE DO Game

Yikes! Too late to honor the first money I made, but maybe the NEXT big money that comes along or unexpect money. I love to celebrate every win for sure.

I think with anyone rich who loses it then gains it back: that they've just gotten such a good template for abundance in their lives that it can't help but remanifest. Their dominant vibration for so long was one of abundance that even if it all goes, it comes back in response to what they're used to.

For me, keeping the zeros in the income has been easy but I'm all for more rapid expansion into MORE zeros.

Oh and one more thing rich people do. When I shop with my rich friends (and I affirm I'm joining them in richness), it amazes me how much they drop without thinking about it. One will spend $5,000 on gifts for her kids without even looking at price tags. Another will buy 10 pairs of $200 jeans if she finds some that fit. And another doesn't think about buying a $500 or $1000 pair of shoes. I affirm I am getting to that place -- where price tags are irrelevant :-) Thanks, everyone, for sharing!

I, too, am in the process of becoming financially wealthy beyond belief.

About book recommendations, "The Official Filthy Rich Handbook" by Tennant is one I read. It's very negative in the sense that it uses sarcasm and makes fun of rich people. BUT if you can get past the author's critical voice and be objective, it really does give you a great look at ways rich people spend! For example, having a mansion filled with staff (and it goes into detail of the kind of staff one can have), details of the places the ultra rich go on vacation, etc.

I most look forward to be able to walk into Whole Foods and/or other stores and buy wildly. I think for the first part of my wealth I will be spending money as recklessly as possible (more will always come, of course!) and just going wild at Whole Foods and Anthropology and Neiman Marcus, etc. Just going wild, even at places that aren't necessarily "rich" stores (like CVS even) and buying things without glancing at the price tag (or if I do glance, looking for the most expensive things!). To me that sounds really fun!

And just buying a ton of stuff, and if I don't really need or want it in my house, just kind of littering it on the street (LOL, people could still use the stuff) or giving it away to strangers. "Here, need a bag of stuff from CVS? (a drugstore)" LOL!

And buying gifts, and buying a ton of food and not eating it Hahaha. Really just basking in the abundance of stuff and things!

And the feelings of abundance and freedom which I already now have from those moments when I was just imagining it!

So I walk into CVS and go straight for the nail polish aisle, and I have a cart, and I put like 8 different nail polishes in (that kind that costs $8 each, the good kind)! Then I buy 8 or 10 lip glosses. Then I go and buy the most expensive shampoos and conditioners I can find.

Then I go the candy aisle and buy 6 or 8 packages of Ferrero Rocher balls (chocolate truffles).

Then I go across the street to Barnes and Nobles cafe and buy 6 or 7 pieces of cake from the glass case, and then take a taste of each of them. And then throw them away!! Hahahaha. (sorry I guess I'm kind of out of the vortex right now. When I'm more in the vortex maybe I'll have visions of being more careful...?) Or better yet, leave the cakes on the table and leave.

Then I'll go to the shoe store and buy 10 pairs of shoes, awesome kinds. Dressy ones, practical ones. Yum!! And I'll come out of the store and put on my favorite ones, and throw my old shoes in the trash can right there!

Then I'll go to Ulta's, a makeup store, and buy 10 or 12 perfumes. Just any perfumes that appeal to me in even the slightest! And I'll have a nice bag for shopping and go unto the register and the lady will be like, "woah! That's a lot." and I'll say, "Yep!"Then I'll go get my eyebrows waxed at the back of the store.

Then I'll go make reservations for a spa downtown, a really really nice one, I'll schedule it for a Saturday. And I'll get hot stone massage, and facial mask/mud bath or whatever they do, and deep tissue massage, etc.

Then I'll sign up for yoga classes down the street from me. Four times a week!

Then I'll buy the online Abraham workshop for tomorrow. I'll buy that, and watch it on my new computer (which I do have, the computer, in real life! I LOVE it! )

Then I'll go to the nicest restaurant, maybe the one up in that tall building, and even go by myself! And just order the most crazy and extravagant things. Like pasta with truffle sauce. And whatever else they have. I could take my mom, too, she'd like that.

Then I'll go to Anthropology and buy everything. I'll buy eight or ten perfumes, starting with those ones I know I like. And I'll buy ten shirts, 8 sweaters, 9 dresses, 6 pairs of pants. And then I'll buy a new set of beautiful dishes.

Then I'll go buy myself a new car. If I have lots of money at the time, I think a Rolls Royce cause I hear those are the best cars in the world (and/or the most expensive). And maybe a mazerati, since I've wanted one of those.

Then I'll buy myself an Abraham cruise (there's one coming up, right?)
    Then I'll buy first class tickets for that cruise for me and my mother.

Then I'll buy a nice microphone for my computer so I can record my singing in good quality.

Then I'll buy a new condo (forget a house! I used to want one, but it's probably too much upkeep, anyway). So I'll buy a lovely loft or condo. Condo, probably.

And for my condo I'll decorate it with stuff I find at Saks Fifth Avenue or wherever I go shopping. Anywhere, really, I'll probably buy stuff from a lot of places and enjoy picking things out one at a time.

And I'll probably keep my job which I have now, believe it or not! Until I get some new projects under way, at least. Something to flow energy towards (besides shopping )

Quote Originally Posted by Hope8) View Post
    JKR and Oprah said that the first time they really felt rich is when they were trying to chose between 2 things in a store and suddenly realized they could afford both of them!
    my fav 'rich' story..I want to get that 'a ha' too someday soon!
    haha yeah, i watched that interview!!

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Heart View Post
    Oprah only had ONE DRINK, a Painkiller. But when they left, the total tab for her and 20 friends was about $20,000, which Oprah paid. There are lots of tales of different celebs & notables hanging at this exotic bar.

SO, how about we imagine ourselves being on that yacht, pulling in and having an afternoon of fun, and then, paying a $20,000 bar tab with EASE?

Does anyone else have any good stories of WHAT RICH PEOPLE DO?
    lol what is $20k to her $3billion fortune... gotta love oprah, one of my inspirations

I heard Oprah say She realized she was rich when she could wear a pair of panyhose once a day and then toss them ! She didn't have to wash them, or paint clear polish on a tear or She even used to cut off the bad runned legs off two pairs and wear the good ones together.........

To Blissful Creator,

You get an A+ on this assignment. Go, girl!

I have some things that I will now add:

- rich guys wear "contrast cuff" shirts that are super expensive. The cuffs are lined in a different color and these shirts can be found at Neiman's, Bergdorf's, Barneys. I buy these in multiples for my soulmate

- rich guys buy "bespoke" (custom made) suits, shirts and even shoes. The shirts are a minimum of $350. I plan a fun day with my guy going to get fitted for a bunch at one time, a whole new wardrobe

- rich guys wear monogrammed cufflinks in platinum or gold and monogrammed buttons on their navy blazers. This is classic rich guys. Internet rich guys and women pay $200,000K to join a private club in NYC where they network with others like them. So, I order my guy the buttons and cufflinks as an Easter gift to go on his new bespoke blazer. And we drop some bucks for a private club in NYC, another one in LA and a lunch club in our small town not to mention a Country Club membership so I can play tennis and he can play golf there. We host lunches and dinners at these clubs.

- rich people get portraits done of their children when they are 5 years old before they loose their teeth. Every time we have a child, when they reach 5, we commission a portrait of them until our front hall is lined with beautiful oil portraits of our children

- rich people drop half a million on hard- and land-scaping their yards including a pool with all of the water works, wet bar and maybe even an outdoor kitchen and firepit or fireplace or both. So our vast yard has it all: pool, fountains, benches, a secret garden, jacuzzi, outdoor kitchen, firepit, fireplace and also a seating area with one of those fire tables that you see with crystals and fire coming out of it.

Does anyone else know what rich people do? Do you want to claim some of this for yourself?

Rich guys order whatever they want on the menu without even glancing at the prices

Rich people are FREE of the 9-5, FREE of limitations, FREE, FREE, FREEEEEE, they're so free they get things for FREE often- thereby preserving their RICHNESS.
    I have been focusing on feeling FREE- free to do what i please, free to spend what i want, free to go whereever, whenever...FREE FREE FREE.
    When i think about why I want richness i realize that what i really truly want is FREEDOM.