Thread: Discovering a way to find relief

Discovering a way to find relief

So today I was not feeling good, the reason doesn't matter, but I was not feeling very worthy. So an idea popped into my head. Let's just pretend that I am feeling what I am feeling, whatever it may be, but instead of having all these reasons and history of feeling the way I am feeling, lets pretend that I was just born, right now, feeling this way. But I have no ideas or past experiences as the why I am feeling this way. So I kind of just let the feeling roll around, and really feel it. But since I'm just born, here, now, in whatever setting I am in, and I have no past experiences or preconceived notions about anything, I just started to ask myself vague questions about the way I am feeling.

So right now I am feeling a little crappy and not very good about myself.
    Well how do I know that this is what I am feeling? It must mean that there is another feeling I am able to compare this feeling with! There must be a feeling a little above and below the feeling I am feeling.
    So what does this mean? Well I kind of feel like I wouldn't be here if all I could feel was the way I am feeling now, because that doesn't feel very good.

Then I started to just look at the setting around me, pretending that this was all I knew. At the time I was walking home from the library, with three new books in hand, walking through my neighborhood, and the weather is cool. and a sunny cloudless sky.

So there must be a reason I am here now. I am feeling the way I am feeling, not so good, but let me look at what is around me. So I looked down at the three books in my hands. Well there must be a reason these are here. I can read them, I can enjoy them. And the sun is out, and I do love this walking I am doing. I can hear the birds singing.

So I am feeling the way I am feeling, and I have these immediate surroundings around me that are all I know. So, what I'm seeing is I can look at these surroundings and create whatever thoughts I want about them, good or bad feeling thoughts. But why would I want to create bad feeling thoughts? That doesn't feel good! So I guess I can look at these surroundings and think of thoughts that make me feel a little better.

So here I am feeling a little unworthy and crappy. Well, as I look around me, nothing looks unworthy to me! It all actually looks very nice! The sky, the grass, the books, the birds, the trees, my feet walking feels good. That must mean that it isn't what is outside of me that is giving me this unworthy feeling. Of course, someone could think it is, if someone grew up thinking they were not worthy unless they had a nice house in a nice neighborhood. But remember, I have no ideas or beliefs except the way I am feeling.

I'm kinda just thinking as I type this...

I'm feeling unworthy... Say I came into the world this way... but I know there are feelings above and below me... So what about other people like me? They must have come into the world feeling a certain way. Lets pretend everyone came into the world feeling exactly the way I am feeling with no previous ideas or experiences, just their EGS. Well, I'm pretty sure none of them would want to feel bad, they would all just look for reasons to feel good wherever they are, since that is all they know. They would just bounce ideas around in their head, naturally following the EGS. But now new ideas would be coming in based on where they are. And everywhere is somewhere different, physically. So everyone is using wherever they are, some are in rich areas, some in poor, some on sea, land, sky, whatever... but everyone knows they want to feel better. So they are wherever they are, and they find things, thoughts, whatever to make them feel better. And they all do it! No matter where they are! So there is always a better feeling, relief giving thought no matter where you are physically or where you are on the EGS.

Ok, I think I'm done thinking about this for now, but wow did this give me so much relief. I will probably be thinking about this all day and adding more as I go!

You found a way to *drop the storyline* and it is Brilliant! Thanks for sharing!!!

Ahh my pleasure BBB!!!

As I'm feeling this unworthy feeling, I started asking myself..

I can feel you are feeling unworthy, but why are you feeling this way?
    - Honestly I don't know.
    Who told you to feel this way?
    -No one told me..
    Did someone tell you you were unworthy?
    -No.
    Did someone tell you they would be in charge of the way you feel? Did someone tell you that your feeling were not your own?
    -No.
    Did something happen to make you feel unworthy?
    -No, nothing happened. I guess if something did happen that did make me feel this way it would be the same as someone telling me I wasn't worthy. It is something outside of what I REALLY know telling me I am not worthy. But I never asked them if I was worthy or not, the same way they never asked me if I was worthy or not! NO ONE ASKED ANYONE IF THEY WERE WORTHY OR NOT... and yet we all seem to think everyone is telling US we are not worthy... hmm.. interesting..

So I'm seeing, if I drop the storyline of however I'm feeling, than all that is left with is WELL, WHO TOLD YOU TO FEEL THIS WAY?!

Anytime you are feeling 'not good' you are pinching yourself off from being blended with your InnerBeing, which is you after all.

The reason you are feeling 'off' is from giving attention to things which feel 'off' to you. You get more of what you give your attention to. Simple solution is to practice giving your attention to that which pleases you and taking it away from what does not please you. Simple.

This is all a matter of practice. For whatever reasons, sometime in your past you started giving more attention to what does not please you than what does. Then you did it again, then again, then again, until it became a practiced experience. The solution is to practice looking for, finding and giving attention to what does feel good. Then doing it again, then again, then again, then again, until this becomes more practiced than not doing it. Simple.

I took some time to build up the old habit, it will take intention and deliberateness to build up this new habit. Give yourself this time.

Quote Originally Posted by SheerLuckHolmes View Post
    Simple solution is to practice giving your attention to that which pleases you and taking it away from what does not please you. Simple.
    That is exactly what I am feeling with this new idea I came up with! So much relief! Exactly what I need! I love it! It's so good for me esp when I am on the lower EGS, so I wanted to share it with others who might be lower on the EGS scale too! Because sometimes whatever you are looking at feels too big to look at, but after I did this, I am looking at whatever I thought was making me feel this way and I can feel I have shifted my vibration on it!

Now that you drop that storyline--dont pick it up again....just pivot and ask, what feeling would be nice to feel?

What feeling would be nice to feel?

Would feeling confident feel nice? I like sure and confident. After all, I am Source in this physical body and i know that as i grow to FEEL that.

What would sure confident feel like?

Thank you SLH and BBB! I really appreciate your suggestions! I feel like I need to marinate in my relief a little bit first and then I will deliberately move up the scale when I feel I am ready.

Yes yes I feel sweet relief. I feel relief. Ah so nice and fresh...so new...just like me. No story to tell. No lines say, no justifications. No questions to answer even. Just sweet relief!! AWESOME!!! No need to do any more. :-) Perfect!