Thread: New to the concept Abe.

New to the concept Abe.

Evening all,

This could be a long one so bear with me haha.

I was introduced to Abraham Hicks by my ex-girlfriend (we broke up Saturday gone). At first I was somewhat skeptical of the concept, but upon further reflection realised that as a person she was so happy with her life and things around it that saw little reason to not try it. We had been a couple for 27 months until Saturday when she called time on it.

She lives in the US and I in the UK and part of her reasoning was regular fighting and a perceived dependance on each other for comfort. Having spent a lot of time meditating and reflecting I realised how often I took her for granted. While meditating I was able to draw up pages and pages of questions I'd wanted to ask but never thought to do so. They ranged in depth and made me truly appreciate how interesting she was as a person.

A week prior to our beak up she had met a man who she is currently dating. She said she wanted to rediscover her own identity, and I accepted that. I've found my own introspection very healthy thus far, it has allowed me to see the previously undiscovered flaws and realise that they are all fixable.

Still very ammicable, she has suggested we spent the next 2-3 weeks without speaking to each other but maintains that we can still (and she would like) us to be friends. Deep down I keep feeling as if this space is needed, that it will in many ways make us stronger in the long term. I just wondered what you fellow (and more learned) Aber's think?

Is it likely we may actually reconcile? I remarked to my father few days after we first spent time together that I believed this would be the girl I married, something I still feel now. I accept her handling of the situation towards the end was not ideal, but I feel that if it provides us both with the time to grow as people then it has served its somewhat-Machiavellian purpose.

So please contribute, and tell me your thoughts on the best way I can aid my attempts to get us to re-align.

Thank you.

you are now greiving for two women. Even if She doesn't come back to you....you MUST know that the Universe will send you someone that is even a better match for you. You are in a process of healing, and really not in a "matching" vibration right now.
    Take it easy for awhile and just be with YOU, the real YOU. Find out who that really is.

Could I ask what are the best ways to do that? Like what works best when it comes to just being with me and understanding me?

reading......watching inspirational mentors on whatever media is available to you. You start to resonate with different concepts of life and what is really going in this re-incarnating concept you are swimming in. Where you came from, why you are here, and will come here again and again.

Of course Abraham videos/books/CD's, but also others, like Wayne Dyer, is increditably inspirational in understanding Self. Death of my Husband is what set me on my Journey of finding my Truth. I did not date during that time and am the happiest I have ever been, with ME. Anyone else in my life is a gift, not a dependence of my happiness. It will not happen overnight. This takes time, and time worth devoting too.

you sound pretty level headed to me..You said you realized how often you took her for granted.. you could start by finding ways to appreciate her more by remembering happy memories, listening to songs that reminds you of her..smells, places, tv shows.. anything that triggers a feeling of appreciation.. that feeling must be the opposite of "taking it for granted"..