Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is grid work?

What is grid work?

I keep hearing about it, but can't quite get the picture of what this grid thing tick. Any help is appreciated!

Super Moderator Hands in the Clay's Avatar
    Well, first of all, as always, we're all making WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much of it.

It is merely another analogy to explain the way to mold your energy. It is choosing the EMOTIONS you want to feel first, and IMAGINING THEM, generating them in your vibration using the power of your mind, and that establishes a "framework" that you practice and learn to maintain, and then you let the Universe bring the things that match that.

It's like writing your outline for a research paper - the broad strokes, but not all the details yet, no quotations, no bibliography, no typed pages. It's like putting up a frame for a house - you see the general shape, but there's no walls, no interior decor, just the foundation and beams. It's like planning the initial idea for a party - Western theme, barbecue, outdoors - but you haven't done the guest list, reserved the park, bought the beverages. And, in this case, for all these analogies, you're going to let the UNIVERSE find the quotations, write the bibliography; you'll let the UNIVERSE finish the house; you let the UNIVERSE choose the guests (by inspiring you with images of faces, or names, or "chance encounters"), show you the best park offering the best facilities, put you in touch with the beverage deal that will be just perfect, instead of you going out in a panic to find a deal.

That's it. You just choose an emotional framework for what you want to experience, vibrate it using mind power and deliberate thought choices, and let the UNIVERSE fill in the rest (which takes some trust). Painting a general emotional picture, choosing your emotional "color scheme," as it were, and then just maintaining that in a GENERAL way - pastels, blue, pink, splashes of yellow - and let the LoA momentum paint in the specifics for you, and then following that inspiration when it comes as your vortex calls you, as your stream pulls you downstream, as you keep resistance out of the mix, as you stay general, and trusting that the U knows what you want and will take you there through these downstream inspired actions or rendezvous, "filling in the grid for you," rather than you taking the bull by the horns and trying to fill in your own grid, pre-inspiration, in an upstream way, which often goes rather clunkily and isn't very fun (nor very deliberate-creator-like).

It's the same as downstream versus upstream, just from another angle, the same as better-feeling thoughts, the same as GET HAPPY and stop trying to make manifestations come.

You'll find that, by just SAYING how you want to feel, you'll start to generate that vibration (assuming you're not trying to go from depressed to joyful in one fell swoop): I want to feel ease, I want to feel comfort, I want to feel secure, I want to feel fun, I want to feel vibrant! I want to feel energized! I want to feel like I'm standing in a fresh breeze! I want to feel excitement! I want to feel lovely! I want to feel slennnnnnnder! I want to feel powerrrrrrrrrful!!!

All the rest, for me, is a lot of distracting, noisy over-analysis that holds things up!
    Last edited by Hands in the Clay; 06-16-2012 at 03:37 AM.

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Gridwork is an incredible easy, practical approach to deliberatly line up the energy:

State your intentions of how you want to FEEL on any given subject, focus (=think the emotional word that you chose, write it down or say it loud) for about a minute, while you really give yourself into this.
    Done.

A minute (68 sec) of clear focussed thought turns around any spin of vibration you had before!
    Do that as often as you want, enjoy it and watch what happens.

say you want a new house:

I want to feel excited
    I want to feel creative
    I want to feel abundance
    I want to feel the fun of finding it
    I want to feel happy thru the whole creation
    I want to feel thrilled in finding it
    I want to have fun decorating it

Neat. Sounds like it is not a new teaching, but it is another angle of perspective onto what they've always taught.

Yes. It is helping many people understand LOA in a better way. It's fun to watch "grids filling in".

Elke's ( paradiseonearth ) 's thread about GRID

http://www.abeforum.com/showthread.p...about-the-Grid

Hi AlexB,

I ran a search for you and am posting a few of the more detailed/complete/succinct threads on Grid Work started in the past few weeks. Feel free to try your own search (Advanced Search box upper right hand corner). You may find some jewels I've left off the list.

David's -- http://www.abeforum.com/showthread.php?28077-The-Grid-An-Elevator-Speech-for-it-please.

POE's -- http://www.abeforum.com/showthread.php?27780-Abe-quotes-about-the-Grid

Fireball's -- http://www.abeforum.com/showthread.php?28337-Great-Grid-Example-by-Abraham

Hope8's -- http://www.abeforum.com/showthread.php?27999-how-to-build-the-Grid

Cougsatoshi's -- http://www.abeforum.com/showthread.php?28423-Can-someone-give-me-a-crash-course-on-how-to-do-the-quot-Grid-work

Ease 123's -- http://www.abeforum.com/showthread.php?25918-The-GRID-explained-please

and SweetPeace's clear, straightforward interpretation of an Abe quote could be called a classic:

http://www.abeforum.com/showthread.php?28587-The-GRID...how-you-do-it-according-to-Abe

All the best.
    D.

Quote Originally Posted by Hands in the Clay View Post
    Well, first of all, as always, we're all making WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much of it.

It is merely another analogy to explain the way to mold your energy. It is choosing the EMOTIONS you want to feel first, and IMAGINING THEM, generating them in your vibration using the power of your mind, and that establishes a "framework" that you practice and learn to maintain, and then you let the Universe bring the things that match that.

It's like writing your outline for a research paper - the broad strokes, but not all the details yet, no quotations, no bibliography, no typed pages. It's like putting up a frame for a house - you see the general shape, but there's no walls, no interior decor, just the foundation and beams. It's like planning the initial idea for a party - Western theme, barbecue, outdoors - but you haven't done the guest list, reserved the park, bought the beverages. And, in this case, for all these analogies, you're going to let the UNIVERSE find the quotations, write the bibliography; you'll let the UNIVERSE finish the house; you let the UNIVERSE choose the guests (by inspiring you with images of faces, or names, or "chance encounters"), show you the best park offering the best facilities, put you in touch with the beverage deal that will be just perfect, instead of you going out in a panic to find a deal.

That's it. You just choose an emotional framework for what you want to experience, vibrate it using mind power and deliberate thought choices, and let the UNIVERSE fill in the rest (which takes some trust). Painting a general emotional picture, choosing your emotional "color scheme," as it were, and then just maintaining that in a GENERAL way - pastels, blue, pink, splashes of yellow - and let the LoA momentum paint in the specifics for you, and then following that inspiration when it comes as your vortex calls you, as your stream pulls you downstream, as you keep resistance out of the mix, as you stay general, and trusting that the U knows what you want and will take you there through these downstream inspired actions or rendezvous, "filling in the grid for you," rather than you taking the bull by the horns and trying to fill in your own grid, pre-inspiration, in an upstream way, which often goes rather clunkily and isn't very fun (nor very deliberate-creator-like).

It's the same as downstream versus upstream, just from another angle, the same as better-feeling thoughts, the same as GET HAPPY and stop trying to make manifestations come.

You'll find that, by just SAYING how you want to feel, you'll start to generate that vibration (assuming you're not trying to go from depressed to joyful in one fell swoop): I want to feel ease, I want to feel comfort, I want to feel secure, I want to feel fun, I want to feel vibrant! I want to feel energized! I want to feel like I'm standing in a fresh breeze! I want to feel excitement! I want to feel lovely! I want to feel slennnnnnnder! I want to feel powerrrrrrrrrful!!!

All the rest, for me, is a lot of distracting, noisy over-analysis that holds things up!

Oh Thank you, this is very helpful, I've been wondering about this Grid thing but couldn't quite get it, this explains it very well

Flight
    Dreema 71: I , too, questioned this gridwork thing. In fact, I nearly wracked my brain trying to wrap my mind around it. Then this past weekend I had a good belly laugh at myself, as I heard Abraham (workshop CD from San Francisco (Feb, 20120)) talking about their not wanting us to get all caught up in creating these extravagant visuals, seeing, smelling, tasting and hearing our way into some complex image about the grid. In essence (because I have the tape in the car, not with me), Just find the feeling of it. It sounded to me as if Abe was saying it's not even important to create some long lengthy list of feelings. Just take a feeling and feel it for a while.

As Elke said (in this particular thread): <<State your intentions of how you want to FEEL on any given subject, focus (=think the emotional word that you chose, write it down or say it loud) for about a minute, while you really give yourself into this.
    Done.>>