Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to get rid of bad luck

How to get rid of bad luck

Dear Friends ,

I have tried to answer this question for the past 20 years and have failed to do so . Therefore , I am relying on the judgement of you guys to help me through this .

It seems bad luck / bad circumstances and me are a pair made for each other . . Wherever I go bad luck / circumstances follow .When I was in school I used to be bullied by classmates and at times even beaten by teachers. Home was no different and rarely a day passed when I was not beaten by either Mom or Dad .

Once I entered the workforce in my early twenties I was abused by managers , denied promotions and raises .

And if all this is not enough the woman that I fall for invariably has no feelings for me .

People , please tell me what exactly is so wrong with me . Seems to me I have to croak for things to improve.

Best,
    Eric

First stop talking and thinking about bad luck! Whatever you give your attention to grows bigger. You have been giving your attention to & believing in bad luck for 20 years, as you point out, isn't that enough?

This would also mean that you have a great deal of momentum tied up in your grid that is plowing forward whether you want it to or not.

The good news is that you can step back and start allowing that momentum to slow and become unimportant all on its own. How do you to that? Stop feeding it. Take your attention off of it. Distract yourself. Each and every time your momentum brings these thoughts to you counter them with, "Oh, that is just an old thought habit. That isn't what I want to think any more." Then give your attention to something else that feels better.

There are any number of ways to distract or go general away from a thought pattern you no longer want to think. This forum, YouTube, the Abraham/Hicks materials. Use them.

Feel better. Give you attention to what feels better. Take your attention away from what feels not as good.

Quote Originally Posted by SheerLuckHolmes View Post
    First stop talking and thinking about bad luck! Whatever you give your attention to grows bigger. You have been giving your attention to & believing in bad luck for 20 years, as you point out, isn't that enough?
    SheerLuckHolmes , thank you . It's not that I focus on bad luck . I am positive & optimistic by nature but still seem to have all the bad luck that life has to offer.

I never had any experience of what a day job would be like . I joined this company with a positive frame of mind Expecting good things to happen . But guess what ... the exact opposite happened . No rise , promotion & eventually laid off .

I decided to start a business but without any luck . Again it's not that I was expecting something bad to happen , it just happened ... hardly any clients after 2 years of hard work .

We live in a universe that is law of attraction based.
    I have found for myself if one experiences trauma at a young age.
    It was easy to start vibrating with a 'victim' mentality.
    We learned it so young. And somehow over time that builds momentum.
    And carries with us into being adults. I can see how things in my life happened that way.

However, that was before we knew about LOA and all of Abrahams teachings.
    That there is no bad luck or good luck. Only law of attraction in which we create our own reality.

So SLH's had great advice for you.
    Stop thinking about bad luck. It doesn't even exist.
    Distract yourself. Watch a good movie or whatever you like to do.
    Try to feel good, just a little bit better when you can.

And soon you'll start expecting good things to happen to you.
    Expecting people to treat you well.
    When you get a better feeling going that can gain momentum for you.
    And then you feel better.

Abe says, 'Things are always working for me'.
    Make that a mantra. When you're feeling down just say it to yourself.
    Out loud or quietly in your head. And soon you'll start to feel it too.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric L View Post
    SheerLuckHolmes , thank you . It's not that I focus on bad luck . I am positive & optimistic by nature but still seem to have all the bad luck that life has to offer.

I never had any experience of what a day job would be like . I joined this company with a positive frame of mind Expecting good things to happen . But guess what ... the exact opposite happened . No rise , promotion & eventually laid off .

I decided to start a business but without any luck . Again it's not that I was expecting something bad to happen , it just happened ... hardly any clients after 2 years of hard work .
    We are all naturally joyful beings. As we release resistance, we return to that place of utter joy, love and passion, inspiration and KNOWING what you need to know when you need to know it, being without time but allways in perfect timing, allways lucky, allways abbundant, full of well-being, doing nothing, and leaving nothing undone.

THIS IS YOUR NATURAL STATE OF BEING.

Bad luck is just a feeling emotion, indicating that you're out of sync with your desires / inner being.

You say you want a lover, but she doesn't love you. <---- This is NOT what you want, otherwise you would call it "good luck." What DO you want? You want her to love you just for who you are, as much as you love her just for who she is.

When you know what you want, it becomes obvious that your emotions are offering you guidance, every single second of your life.

You just have to align with your desires and ALLOW it to be as best as you can. There are lots of processes offered by Abraham that can aid and assist you in your practice of the Art of Allowance. Ask n Given book has 22 processes, and an emotional scale to pick the right one for you. Isn't that wonderful?

No you are not. :-) You might be so USED to your poor luck story that you are not even aware you are doing it anymore because it seems normal to you. Look at your location for instance. It takes a lot of focus to say your are between a physical place and a "rock and a hard place". Change it. You are actively attracting more hard stories and now you are getting other people (forum) to focus on your hard stories and ADD to the momentum you have going on.

This is how I would now tell my story. I got here and I experienced delicious and intense contrast that put really, really good stuff in my vortex and now I am going to learn to let it in. Others did it and I can too. I have done enough step one and now I am going to practice step 3. I will never from this oment on retell not so good feeling stories or speak of bad luck again. I am only going to focus on what I want to experience.

A lot of us here experienced contrast early. Jerry did. I did. And let me tell you, when you start allowing.....does it ever GET GOOD. Does it ever make you appreciate each and every rascal. Does it make you glad you had THOSE parents because now you understand how it created good stuff that you can now start to allow. Does it ever make you feel so.freaking.lucky.

Where I am is the true deception, haha you can't see me
    ... it's not that I was expecting something bad to happen , it just happened ... hardly any clients after 2 years of hard work .
    If you have experienced bad luck all of your life, how on earth did you suddenly expect things to go well for you?
    What rational did you use to so that you felt you were suddenly going to become lucky?

Also, by describing your experience with the term "LUCK" its obvious that you do not see a connection to your behavior, attitude, emotions and the results you receive.

You can't be helped unless you understand this is about You and not some Luck or something.

Maybe you could start fixing stuff by listing all the areas in your life that don't fit into the bad luck category. So you won't be able to honestly with a straight face tell the unbelievable story that everything always been bad luck for you. Also, the concept that there is something wrong with you, is incredibly flawed.

You are not Unlucky.

You are a perfect being splendid in all your glory engaging in the feeling that the source of your power is outside yourself and that you are flawed. Which isn't really unusual at all, but it sucks. And it is the perfect invitation for unhappy experiences which could be called "bad luck". So I guess maybe you should never pretend for another moment that its just happening, or that feeling sorry for yourself is a reasonable reaction.

Well, the only way I support feeling sorry for yourself is if its followed by ice-cream and an indulgent soak in the tub and maybe some drunken ranting getting it all out of your system. Which really can be a fun relief.

Either way, enjoy yourself.
    & if you are not then you are doing it wrong. <3

"When you begin to understand Law of Attraction, and you understand that which is like unto itself is drawn, then it is easier and easier to understand that you are offering a signal, and the entire Universe responds. And when you finally get that, and you begin to exercise some deliberate control about the signal that you offer, then it really begins to be fun, because then you recognize that nothing happens outside of your creative control. There are no things that happen by chance or by circumstance. There is nothing that is happening because of something you vibrated a long time ago or in a past life. It is not about what you were born into. It is only about what you are, right now, in this red hot fresh moment emitting." -Abe 6/20/98

This choice is one of mindset. The individual who sees them self as a survivor. The survivor has experienced adversity, be it physical or emotional trauma, and has decided not to let that pain rule their life or future.

The victim is one who has chosen to hold onto the pain. Sometimes even to wallow in that pain. When a person makes the choice to remain in a victim mindset they move into victimhood. They often take up and carry the burden of their victimhood and frequently choose to share it far and wide.

I had a very wise relative who would say something to the effect of when we come to this choice it is a fork in the possible roads we can take.

In order to live a full life we need to move past those things and choose to leave behind the unnecessary burdens of victimhood.

When we come to this choice it is a fork in the possible roads we can take. We need to choose wisely through our, emotional trauma, pain, unhappy love affair or adversity.

One road leads to a much worse place than the other. One road leads to a stronger character with wisdom and growth - that of the survivor.

And you say "The reason that I believe this, is because it is true." And we say, the reason that you believe it, is because you've practiced the thought. All that a belief is, is a thought that you keep practicing. -- Abraham May 28, '02

ďNo matter what the issue is, donít try to justify why you donít feel good. And donít try to justify why you should feel differently. Donít try to blame whatever it is you think the reason is thatís keeping you from feeling good. All of that is wasted effort. Just try to feel better right now.Ē --Abraham

When you believe that you have to clean it all up in order to feel good, you've got a task you cannot complete. But when you understand that it's about creating a vibration, which is your point of attraction, from the inside Ė withdraw your attention. Then you would no longer have vibrational access to any of it. And that is really a much better way to approach it. Your business, your relationships, your finances cannot grow beyond your emotional responseónothing can grow beyond your emotional response. Everything matches your set-point of emotions. --Abraham
    Dec 6, '03

It may be tough to swallow right now Eric, but you attracted all of it with your emotions/vibrational offering and...it's all good...it led you to Abraham. Now you can begin to craft a new story. A story of joy and abundance.

Study Abe. Eat, drink, sleep with, absorb Abe materials until all the ideas and concepts begin to sink in and make sense. Explore the truth of who and what you really are. You are an eternal Source Energy Being. There is nothing you cant be, do, or have.

Discover the freedom and power in becoming a deliberate, conscious creator/attractor. Start changing your thoughts, feelings, vibrations to create the life you've always dreamed of living. Retrain your focus. Reach for relief, feel better and feel good, again and again and again until it becomes a new habit, and and your hearts desires will begin to manifest...that's a promise.

All the best to you,
    D.
    Last edited by Delilah; 01-14-2013 at 10:06 PM.