Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Why bother to feel good NOW?

Thank you! This is just exactly what I needed to hear. I'm going to save it and read it many times, just reading it made me feel better.

Love & Peace

Quote Originally Posted by angelman66 View Post
    I think it's OK to feel cranky or angry or sad or whatever--the more passionately and expressively the better, I say! "You are where you are, and where you are is just fine." But the quicker we can remember that we want to FEEL GOOD or FEEL BETTER (rather than continuing to worry or striving to solve an unsolvable problem), the faster we can take that bounce. I do think it's OK to be pissed, or angry or frustrated. It only becomes a habit if we forget what we REALLY want (ease, flow, love, pleasure, creativity). What we really want is the essence, the feeling-place--the GRID. And WE have to set it--because if we let outer events dictate whether or not we're happy, then we're doomed. -C
    absolutely but what I was getting at with my post is that *feeling good now* is as much a consequence of knowing your power as its cause. For someone who's been into loa enough time to see it proved over and over, taking that bounce is easy and natural, we already know deeply enough we'll never need be confined in that corner where circumstances seem to have put us, and therefore it's no big deal to feel good already before they've changed. But putting myself in the shoes of someone who's still in doubt, this is perceived as almost like a new obligation and reason of fear or guilt (I *should* feel good now, otherwise it's only gonna be worse...oh why can't I feel good???? ok I'll give up feeling good etc.... we've all seen threads on the various phases havent' we).

So then I'd say, as good as this concept of feeling good now may be, sometimes one can't address it other than laterally, before a deeper knowing of the power has come along. So I'd stress the feeling of empowerment when the feeling good per se isn't working.
    Last edited by night; 06-01-2013 at 08:54 AM.

The whole segment was absolutely great, and thanks so much, HitC for posting it. I've read it several times now, and listened to it on youtube. This part was especially significant to me right NOW!

And if we were standing in your physical shoes we would announce to anyone around us: I've decided that I'm going to feel good now! And I love you dearly, but I'm not going to pay too much attention to the things that you say that donít make me feel good. So if you find me ignoring you, it's not because I donít love you, it's because youíre saying things that don't make me feel good. If you find me not wanting to go to those movies that donít make me feel good, it isn't that I donít want to spend time with you, it's that I care more about feeling good than anything else. Because I found out just recently that my feeling good NOW isn't just about NOW, it's about EVERYTHING! That right now Iím launching my whole entire future experience; everything that I believe in, everything that I am, depends upon how I feel right NOW! So excuse me if I do not join you in your criticism of this or that or the other. I'd rather look for something to praise.

Its amazing how you hear or read something time and time again but it never sinks in, then you hear it in a different way and it just clicks. Reading this did that for me. Having a better understanding of the buffer of time between the feeling and the manifestation really shows how important it is to feel good NOW. Thanks for posting this HITC.

Loved this, and it was exactly what I needed to see this morning! Thank you very much!

Super Moderator Hands in the Clay's Avatar
    Bumping this for someone somewhere....

guess that was for me Nancy

And me, thanks HitC.

Thank you HiTC. Thank you.

Super Moderator Hands in the Clay's Avatar
    Gee, guess there's a whole crew of us who needed to read/hear that again! It's one of my favorite videos of all time, too, because the inflection is so cool (video reference at bottom of original post).