Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Why bother to feel good NOW?

another gem to bump up!

Can I get a little help on this?

It seems like it's a decision for me to make to feel good now, but I don't feel ready to make the decision.I guess my faith in vibrational reality is a bit weak, it's been stronger at different times.

Thank you everyone, in advance because writing this is so soothing already.

So, mostly I want to avoid future bad stuff so I think I have a choice: to work on a process (I have most of Abe's books and have read them through surely need to read them again, I know, still, right now I find myself in the emotional scale range of doing a focus wheel usually). Which means to think about the bad pile and try to soothe myself out of it, but should I do this or meditate and try not to think of the "thing" that is causing a negative vibration (okay, I know, I am causing the negative vibration, not the condition outside of myself, but I don't have the courage or faith just yet to not try to fix the future condition....).

So at this wobbly point, what is the best thing to do? Meditate or Process? Or does it really really really not matter, or does it really really matter because I have this negative vibration going on about this "thing", even if I am happy about other things. I guess this really is my decision, yet I don't feel up to making it sometimes. Feeling better now after writing....hope you don't mind me posting post-soothe!

Will take the advice and get a 3 hour workshop and spend 3 hours when I can to "get it". Hope abounds, but would love
    your thoughts....

Quote Originally Posted by SharonNur View Post
    Can I get a little help on this?

It seems like it's a decision for me to make to feel good now, but I don't feel ready to make the decision.I guess my faith in vibrational reality is a bit weak, it's been stronger at different times.
    Leave the "vibrational reality" out of it. I mean, if you had a friend who was feeling badly and didn't know any of this Abe stuff but you did know that you could soothe their "badly" feelings in 10 or 60 or even 180 minutes, you'd do that, wouldn't you? You wouldn't, at that moment, start talking to them about their IB or Step 1/Step 2/Step 3; you'd just help them to feel BETTER, right?

That's not really much of a decision then, is it? What do you get out of it? You feel BETTER. That's gotta be worth something, right? Oh, and if something should--as a result of your helping yourself feel BETTER--manifest for you, that would be (as Marc would say) "icing on the cake but not the whole cake." Do you need to know how the icing was made in order to enjoy the icing? Me, I'm too busy eating the icing.

So, again, for the time being, leave the "vibrational reality" out of your decision.

The one thing I would suggest that you do consider is to decide to "feel BETTER" instead of "feel good," because you might not, from where you are now, be able to achieve "good" but you can feel "BETTER." That's doable.

So, mostly I want to avoid future bad stuff...
    I don't know about you but I can't feel BETTER (let alone "good") if I'm worrying about "future bad stuff." It doesn't work that way in an attraction-based universe. You can't think about "bad" and feel "good." Can you see what I'm saying?

...so I think I have a choice:
    Yes, you do. You can feel BETTER (or not). Doesn't that make things so much easier? What would make you feel BETTER? It really isn't as complicated as you're making it out. (And, again, the way you're planning on attacking this problem is through the "bad" pile and, as we've already discussed, you won't be able to get to BETTER--let alone, "good--with a focus on the "bad".)

So at this wobbly point, what is the best thing to do? Meditate or Process?
    I don't know. You tell us. I'm not being a smart ass here; I mean that sincerely. What would feel BETTER to you? Or would it feel BETTER to you to watch a movie? Esther's been taking to watching "The Big Bang Theory" and Abraham tell us that she's laughing herself to a better world. What would feel BETTER to you?

Or does it really really really not matter, or does it really really matter because I have this negative vibration going on about this "thing", even if I am happy about other things.
    It really really really really does not matter. Feeling BETTER is feeling BETTER.

You "have this negative vibration going on" because you keep focusing upon it which keeps it active in your vibration. Abraham used to describe this thing that we do as like us spewing this red, inky mist in front of us and, if we continue to do that, we won't be able to see our way forward. We have a hard time of it. But, if we would just stop spewing that mist in front of us, it will dissipate and soon your way will be clear again.

So tell us about the "other things" that you're happy about.

Hope that helps.

Thank you! In answer to your sweet and kind question of "what feels better to you", I just did a focus wheel and came up with some soothing, better feeling thoughts like: "no condition is my enemy" and I know that is still a bit thinking on the "condition" but it's kind of helping me inch up a bit. And, again, as I'm writing to you, I feel even better.

So, for now, processing feels better. Writing here feels better. I'm a bit back on track thanks to this forum, seeing sparkles of light clearing the red ink I've spewed.

I'm thinking perhaps it's about believing I can do this, I can do this now and I will strengthen my focusing-on-what-I-want muscle and be able to do it again in the future.

I think you're right, I believe that I make it too complicated, and just feeling better in whatever way I can, and what feels better for ME is the answer. Processes, meditation, watching The Big Bang theory (I love it too!) or just sitting still for a moment a looking at my surroundings and feeling present. So many things feel better. The forum is a magnet pulling me towards a better feeling.

Grateful....

Thanks so much, HitC for this awesome thread.
    I love this segment

I've read it several times early, and listened to it on YouTube and sure I'll to do it not a single time, because I very value my NOW.
    And it is not only because I want to get something tomorrow or into the near future. I want to feel good right now because I live now and feel now. Because whatever feelings I have not experienced whether they are bad or good, I feel any of them right now. So I want to feel good right now.

AWESOME!!! worth reading/listening EVERY DAY, EVERY MORNING. Thank you Hands in the Clays!!

Question yes, but

Quote Originally Posted by Klark View Post
    AWESOME!!! worth reading/listening EVERY DAY, EVERY MORNING. Thank you Hands in the Clays!!

Thanks so much, first of all, Klark, for reminding me of the gems in this thread.

I think I do understand it. I was just wondering if anyone had anything to share about "stuffing" feelings as opposed to feeling a little better.

I stuff feelings with food often, and sometimes, when something is bothering me....I push it aside unconsciously and go on to do something else, like a forced
    fun almost. I think this is not in line with, putting it aside for when I'm more stable to work on, or saying to myself: This is not important right now, I'd rather not think about it now, it's negative so I won't think about it....or anything really coming from a place of choice....

Any thoughts? Anyone?

Thanks so much, first of all, Klark, for reminding me of the gems in this thread.

I think I do understand it. I was just wondering if anyone had anything to share about "stuffing" feelings as opposed to feeling a little better.

I stuff feelings with food often,...
    Abraham never recommend stuffing your feelings. That would be the equivalent of putting a HFS on your gas gauge.

and sometimes, when something is bothering me....I push it aside unconsciously and go on to do something else, like a forced
    fun almost.
    I'm going to interrupt you here to point out that you're not really pushing it aside "unconsciously" if you're having a "forced fun" experience. What you're saying here is that "I'm not attending to my guidance. Instead, I try to over-ride or paper it over with an action and I can feel how I'm bucking my own current." That's great in the sense that you know that your guidance system is working for you both with the original "something" and with your action journey, but you don't have to have such a rough ride of it. That's what these teachings are all about.

I think this is not in line with, putting it aside for when I'm more stable to work on, or saying to myself: This is not important right now, I'd rather not think about it now, it's negative so I won't think about it....or anything really coming from a place of choice.
    Abraham teach us that we live in an attraction-based universe and I know you know that. But they also point out that, because this is an attraction-based universe, we can't very easily stop thinking about something we don't want to think about. So they recommend that we think about something else instead. Now in the first few moments of trying to shift your focus from something unwanted to something wanted, there is some vibrational "turbulence" (my word, not Abe's) as we try to shift gears. Our momentum of our something unwanted causes that but, if we're really shifting our focus, that "turbulence" typically smooths itself in pretty short order. If the turbulence continues, that's our indicator that we're really not shifting our focus. One tip to help you with this is, when you choose your wanted thing to focus on, pick something that's easy for you to feel good about, something compleatly unrelated and usually not "important" to you. Some people here have shared their topics of cute puppies, lovable babies, bubble wrap--You get the idea. What we often do is pick something that's related to the topic of the something unwanted and we inadvertently just wind up re-activating the unwanted aspect all over again because that's where we have our momentum.

EaseAndFlow
    Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    One tip to help you with this is, when you choose your wanted thing to focus on, pick something that's easy for you to feel good about, something compleatly unrelated and usually not "important" to you. Some people here have shared their topics of cute puppies, lovable babies, bubble wrap--You get the idea. What we often do is pick something that's related to the topic of the something unwanted and we inadvertently just wind up re-activating the unwanted aspect all over again because that's where we have our momentum.
    Is this the same as ignoring the subject? I have some self-love issues and I currently feel stuck in a loop of not finding a BFT about this particular subject. I would really like to move this subject to a better feeling place but I haven't been able to do so lately. If I get off the subject completely and start thinking about other random things that makes me feel better (iow ignoring the subject), would my issues of not loving self then start to subside or do I have to consciously work on this unhelpful belief for it to get better? Is it enough to "just" feel good/better about anything , even if it's completely unrelated?

Quote Originally Posted by EaseAndFlow View Post
    Is this the same as ignoring the subject?
    We've been talking a lot about this topic in various threads recently.

What I was suggesting to our friend was that, in moments of great unwanted momentum, it can be helpful to distract yourself temporarily. Those are the times which Abraham joke about us "falling out of the aeroplane." That's not the time to do any Processes or anything like that. If we try a Process, we just wind up prolonging our discomfort.

But distraction (which is different from "ignoring," which Abraham calls "HFS-ing") is--for the most part--a temporary or stop-gap measure. If you have been practising a unwanted vibration consistently enough that you're resorting to ineffective actions (HFS-ing, stuffing emotions, etc.) to ease your discomfort or if you're faced with the manifestations that resulted from that vibration (like a job or a relationship) or if you're stuck in a loop, then you're going to want shift the vibration that's causing the manifestations. And that's what you're talking about with your "loop." You can feel better when you distract yourself from your challenging topic but, since you bring yourself wherever you go, it's inevitable that you will soon attract yet another manifestation which will re-activate (because it matches) your self-love vibration. You can't ever escape yourself, so if you'd like the loop to change, it makes sense to shift the underlying vibration.

Abraham have told the story of, if you have 10 topics of importance to you in your life with 1 of them going "well" and the other 9 "not well" and if you were to focus exclusively on that 1 "well" topic, the LoA will eventually cause the other 9 "not well" subjects to rise and match the vibration of the 1 "well" subject. So, to answer your question technically, yes, it is possible to withdraw your attention from your self-love issues and focus elsewhere and the LoA will shift the vibration for you. However, look at the qualifiers in Abraham's story:

• "focus exclusively on 1 topic"--We humans are, by and large, sloppy focusers. And, as I've pointed out above, you're always taking yourself with you and since your "issue" is essentially "you," it's only a matter of some (short) time before you come across a manifestation of your "issue," which you'll observe and re-activate that old vibration all over again.
    • "the LoA will eventually"--it's my experience that this approach is the slowest of all the Abraham approaches because momentum is such that we think about that thing that we don't want to be thinking about. "Slow" really doesn't matter to eternal beings but many of our Forum friends want their "stuff."

As you can tell, I'm a big fan of cleaning up the vibration--not only to get you out of your "loop" but--to show you that you have power, control and ability to actively manage your vibration. Long-term distraction doesn't teach you that important lesson.