Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Why does the manifestation come when you no longer want it?

  1. #1

    Why does the manifestation come when you no longer want it?

    Lately, I'm noticing all sorts of situations where a long wanted manifestation, sometimes HUGELY wanted, suddenly comes when I completely give up on it and in some cases no longer want it. It's not a great way to go about manifesting.

    One example is my current job. I ALWAYS wanted to work for this company and 10 years ago would have killed for this position and this pay level and I considered years and years ago that I wanted to go back to school. Now that I have the job, it's a step back and a pay cut. And the schooling was long forgotten before it manifested itself...I'm doing it because I work at a university and get free courses (and because I want to but still).

    Then there's getting pregnant. It took five years to get pregnant. I had various emotions over the years about it. At first not ready but trying anyway because of age and such, then just happy with whatever, then really wanting it. I finally got pregnant the exact month both my husband and I had completely given up on it. But it wasn't a good giving up and letting go. It was a fed up and it hurts too much to keep wanting giving up. And for the first three months I was very negative and expected to miscarry (because I already had once) but am now happily growing a very healthy baby boy in my belly.

    What is it that allows these things to manifest when they are given up or no longer wanted? Is it a release of resistance despite feeling negative emotion? I've often felt very hopeful and REALLY, REALLY wanted something, only to have it show up when it no longer matters.

  2. #2
    Super Kitty Marc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tempe, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    6,587
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Peace View Post
    So, the question is...how did this manifestation become physical? I was absolutely not in the vortex around being pregnant. Was the giving up and expecting the worst some sort of release of resistance?
    Exactly. You quit trying and finally made peace with where you were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Peace View Post
    This same...wanting, wanting, wanting, then losing interest and giving up and getting the no longer wanted manifestation is continuously happening to me.
    I would describe it slightly differently -- yearning, yearning, yearning and then finally letting go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Peace View Post
    For example, I would have KILLED for my current job 10 years go, but now that I've landed it, it's actually a step back and pay cut.
    That's because it wasn't the manifestation you were really reaching for. You were reaching for the emotional satisfaction you thought the manifestation would bring... And when you finally have up insisting on the manifestation, it came. Because you didn't find a good feeling place, however, it couldn't yield that emotional satisfaction. Everything you want is because you think you will feel better in having it, and you've had the experiences to know that what you actually want is the feeling.

  3. #3
    Thanks Marc. This is true, what you say about letting go, but it's not so much a feeling of letting go as it is throwing my hands up in the air. I've often reached that hopeful state of ease...and nothing...not until I get so sick of it I just kick the want into the trash.

    I have found good feeling places...really, really good feeling places, and felt quite confident about them eventually showing up, but eventually, when they don't I get frustrated and give up...and then they come.

    I'm pushing this a little because I can sense that I'm missing something but it's unclear. Is it just the feeling good part? The not caring if the item comes or not? I suppose I get to feeling good but still want the thing. Is that where the discord is?

  4. #4
    An interesting one happening right now is that I've been in electronic contact with a famous person that I'd love to get to know better on a personal basis...or at least did. I felt nervous about this and just wanted to go for coffee or something. Now, her fame is growing but I've lost interest in what she's famous for...in the past few days. She just contacted me, immediately after and without knowing about my loss of interest, and invited me to go to a group event. And I'm completely indifferent about the event now, two weeks ago I would have been excited about it.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    137
    Sweet Peace, this is a very interesting topic! Thanks for posing the question

    The "not caring", regardless of any negative attachment, indicates an absence of resistance. While there may be a thousand other things attached to that thought/feeling (ie. resentment) if you are solely focussing on the fact that "You know what, I don't even care any more. Whatever." the universe fills in your grid supplying it with the experience so that you feel satisfied in its regard. If you were spending more time thinking angrily about the scenario (This is ridiculous, why am I spending time worrying about this, etc.) then you would see an entirely different outcome.

    You're just being a creator! NBD.

  6. #6
    Super Kitty Marc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tempe, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    6,587
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Peace View Post
    This is true, what you say about letting go, but it's not so much a feeling of letting go as it is throwing my hands up in the air.
    Whether you describe it as a feeling or not really isn't important. What's really important is that it's the vibrational place of you no longer insisting on the manifestation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Peace View Post
    I've often reached that hopeful state of ease...and nothing...not until I get so sick of it I just kick the want into the trash. I have found good feeling places...really, really good feeling places, and felt quite confident about them eventually showing up, but eventually, when they don't I get frustrated and give up...and then they come.
    That's because you still are insisting that what you really want is that the manifestation -- that the good feeling is just the prelude to the real stuff... and you're not satisfied with the good feelings. Then you finally give up on whatever it is coming, and it shows up... but you don't get any satisfaction from it coming... because it was never really about the manifestation in the first place.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Peace View Post
    I'm pushing this a little because I can sense that I'm missing something but it's unclear. Is it just the feeling good part? The not caring if the item comes or not? I suppose I get to feeling good but still want the thing. Is that where the discord is?
    YES, YES, YES. You're not missing anything, you've just not been willing to accept that feeling good is what you're really reaching for. You're having the experiences to prove to yourself that the manifestation isn't what you're making it out to be, and when you allow those experiences to be the proof that gives you the willingness to be satisfied with feeling good, then you'll get manifestation that is satisfying... but the manifestation will never be the main course, it will always be the icing on top.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Peace View Post
    An interesting one happening right now is that I've been in electronic contact with a famous person that I'd love to get to know better on a personal basis...or at least did. I felt nervous about this and just wanted to go for coffee or something. Now, her fame is growing but I've lost interest in what she's famous for...in the past few days. She just contacted me, immediately after and without knowing about my loss of interest, and invited me to go to a group event. And I'm completely indifferent about the event now, two weeks ago I would have been excited about it.
    Right, because two weeks ago you felt like she was over there and you were over here, and as long as you feel that way, you two can't connect. You've closed the gap by losing interest in what she's about, but that's not the only way you can close the gap, just like getting sick of your other desires wasn't the only way to close the gap with them either.

  7. #7
    Interesting stuff! So what I gather from this, is the desire itself to have a thing is what's stopping the thing from coming? Whether it's feeling good about the thing being here or not caring if the thing is here?

    Basically the only way to have stuff you want is to not really mind if it ever it comes? The giving up and forgetting about it is a hard way of going about it. But wouldn't it be nice...then being happy enough with what is that what's out there doesn't matter one way or another will allow things in?

    I've often misunderstood the allowing part. It's sort of a 'what will be will be'? This now is good?

    True, I'd rather just be satisfied with the now. I sure am happy being pregnant, especially now that I feel better. The first trimester I was sick but I was 18 weeks when I really felt better (though they say 12 is when it starts). By 18 I'd accepted that I just wasn't going to feel better, than I did.

    Thanks Marc for breaking this down for me. I need to contemplate it a bit but I'm getting closer to understanding.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by herefortheride View Post
    Sweet Peace, this is a very interesting topic! Thanks for posing the question

    The "not caring", regardless of any negative attachment, indicates an absence of resistance. While there may be a thousand other things attached to that thought/feeling (ie. resentment) if you are solely focussing on the fact that "You know what, I don't even care any more. Whatever." the universe fills in your grid supplying it with the experience so that you feel satisfied in its regard. If you were spending more time thinking angrily about the scenario (This is ridiculous, why am I spending time worrying about this, etc.) then you would see an entirely different outcome.

    You're just being a creator! NBD.
    Thanks for this. I like the "no big deal' at the end. That feels good.

  9. #9
    Super Kitty Marc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tempe, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    6,587
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Peace View Post
    Interesting stuff! So what I gather from this, is the desire itself to have a thing is what's stopping the thing from coming?
    I would describe it more as not being satisfied with the good feelings is what keeps it from coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Peace View Post
    Whether it's feeling good about the thing being here or not caring if the thing is here?

    Basically the only way to have stuff you want is to not really mind if it ever it comes?
    Exactly. As long as you cling to the notion that you'd be happier "over there," you can't get over "there." When you find a way to be happy here, then here blossoms into what you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Peace View Post
    The giving up and forgetting about it is a hard way of going about it. But wouldn't it be nice...then being happy enough with what is that what's out there doesn't matter one way or another will allow things in?
    You can be happy with what is in terms of appreciating other things or you can be so satisfied with the good feelings that the IDEA of your desire brings that you don't care if it manifests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Peace View Post
    I've often misunderstood the allowing part. It's sort of a 'what will be will be'? This now is good?
    Well, you have the ability to focus in a deliberate way on things that please you, and that's better than "what will be will be..." but "what will be will be" is better than pushing against where you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Peace View Post
    True, I'd rather just be satisfied with the now. I sure am happy being pregnant, especially now that I feel better. The first trimester I was sick but I was 18 weeks when I really felt better (though they say 12 is when it starts). By 18 I'd accepted that I just wasn't going to feel better, than I did.
    And throughout all of this was your original notion that you'd be happier if you were pregnant, and yet when you got there you discovered that the manifestation of pregnancy wasn't the key to how you felt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Peace View Post
    Thanks Marc for breaking this down for me. I need to contemplate it a bit but I'm getting closer to understanding.
    You're welcome, but keep in mind that it's not a mental thing to understand. Rather, it's a feeling place where you actually accept that the good feelings that the idea of your desire brings is what you were reaching for in the first place. That's what the place of "knowing" is about and that's when things pop.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Peace View Post
    Thanks Marc. This is true, what you say about letting go, but it's not so much a feeling of letting go as it is throwing my hands up in the air. I've often reached that hopeful state of ease...and nothing...not until I get so sick of it I just kick the want into the trash.

    I have found good feeling places...really, really good feeling places, and felt quite confident about them eventually showing up, but eventually, when they don't I get frustrated and give up...and then they come.

    I'm pushing this a little because I can sense that I'm missing something but it's unclear. Is it just the feeling good part? The not caring if the item comes or not? I suppose I get to feeling good but still want the thing. Is that where the discord is?

    i feeel like this also. I feeel good but i still want things? Why isnt that ok? I know i be okay without them and i know that i be happy and glad without them but as loa says i can have everything i want to be happy and those thing i want

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •