Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast

Thread: August Book Study - "The Astonishing Power of Emotions"

Alatįriėl
    Quote Originally Posted by Lea View Post
    One of the New Beginnings...because it's spooky!
    I'm curious!!!

Alatįriėl
    And maybe after A New Beginning I & II we can study The Grid!!!

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    A new book The Grid, being worked on.

Quote Originally Posted by chillinjoan View Post
    awe.....I love this ..another home run for chillj , this will flow with me into my sweetdreams

Quote Originally Posted by Alatįriėl View Post
    "So, of course, be as loving and nice to the people around you as you can be, but not because you are attempting to fill some void for them through your behavior. Be loving and nice because you are in alignment with who-you-really-are." p.139
    I also like to remind myself to stay itv when they want to be negative..........the nice thing is to not go there with them

Quote Originally Posted by Alatįriėl View Post
    That's beautiful, Joan!!!
    I so love this happy heart

Alatįriėl
    Sweet dreams, lemon-up!

Alatįriėl
    "No matter how intensely intertwined you find yourself with another person, your relationship is affected many times more by the thoughts that are moving around in your own mind than by the other person who is moving around in your house or in your life experience. That is why it is so interesting to us to see people working so hard at controlling one another while working very little on controlling their own thoughts and perceptions—especially since they have no real control over another and they do have complete control of their own thoughts and perceptions." p.135

describes a Happy Marriage, doesn't it?
    It should be posted in every marriage counselors office

Alatįriėl
    My brain's been on overdrive lately finding downstream thoughts. So much so that I even tried to find downstream thoughts when, besides feeling a little bored, there wasn't anything active within me to find downstream thoughts about. Which of course turned me upstream.

Thank goodness today I realized what I was doing and I remembered this quote from the transcript I posted 2 days ago: "I'll put my brain on pause." Oh! right! I can put my brain on pause! What a blessing!!!

That happened to me a couple of weeks ago, Ala! With the way the teachings have evolved since this book was originally published, it was confusing me to reach for downstream thoughts (which felt specific), when what I've been practicing lately is reaching for the general feeling first!

but it's all good.. you put your brain on pause.. can't go more general than that!!!