Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Analogies used in the Teachings

Analogies used in the Teachings

My intention for this thread is to enjoy the analogies that assist in remembering the teachings and also for the sheer fun of them!

LINING UP ENERGY and 17 SECONDS --
    ANALOGY: THE TEAPOT

"What lining up Energy simply is, is holding an object of attention for that first 17 seconds so that it can combust into the larger, more evolved thought, and then holding that until it can - Somebody said, “Why 17 seconds?” And we said, “It just is.” That’s the answer you all love. We know. “It just is.”

In the same way that water boils at a certain temperature, 17 seconds is the combustion point of thought.

Imagine you’re wanting to make a nice cup of hot tea, so you turn the fire on under your tea kettle. And just before the water boils, you turn it off. Then you turn it on again. And just before the water boils, you turn it off. Then you turn it on again. And just before the water boils, you turn it off. And then you say, I’ve been trying to get a cup of tea for 15 years.

And we say, just leave it on, you see. That’s all you have to do.

You just have to find thoughts that cause you to vibrationally leave your Energy fire on. That’s all."

~ Abraham

More please....x

Quote Originally Posted by songbird View Post
    More please....x
    Yes! I love them and can remember them so easily. Glad you are appreciating them, too, Songbird. Let's all add them here as we come upon them.

I just heard Abraham taking about the analogy of the stream.
    They were saying that how when we become more deliberate, our stream becomes faster, and when our stream becomes faster, if we don't go with it, we get beat up by it.

They were saying how, jerry and esther years ago had gone on this river, and there was not much of a current, and the river was hardly moving at all, it was a very slow river, and they could paddle upstream or downstream, and it made little difference.

But when they were on the strong Colorado river with the tour guide. He said, see those rocks, you don't want to get caught near them, because the river will beat you up.

The hotseater was saying that she feels she has to be more responsible now she knows about LOA. And Abraham were explaining, it is because her stream is going much faster now, and so that is really what she is feeling. How like before she could go upstream and it mattered less, but now her river is moving faster, she has to keep up with it. Otherwise it will beat her up. They were saying how it has nothing to do with anything outside of us, only what we are doing with our own stream. With our own gap in relation to who we really are.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlover View Post
    And then you say, Ive been trying to get a cup of tea for 15 years.
    I'll be using that one!!

THE CORK BOBS NATURALLY -

"Our favorite analogy is the cork that bobs on the surface of the water. And when you hold it under the water, it is unnatural. It is natural for you to let go of it, and it is natural for it to bob.

But when you take hold of a thought that does not feel good, and the negative emotion sweeps over you, you remain in an unnatural state for as long as you hold your attention upon it.

You talk about a teacher you call Jesus who expressed it as clearly as weve ever heard it when he said, turn the other cheek or look the other way, or resist not this thing you fear. Because when you take your attention from whatever it is that is drowning your cork, your cork will bob right back to the surface."

-Abraham-Hicks 11/25/01

From MLoA:

People talk about the reality of their life as if it is important. And we want you to understand, it’s only the temporary indicator. Do you go to the gas station—your gas gauge is on empty—do you go to the gas station and look at your gas gauge in horror? “How did this happen? [Fun] Why, why, why did this happen to me?” Do you lay your head on the steering wheel and just sob? “Oh, look what it’s come to. [Fun] I’m finished. I’ve lived all of this life, and look where I am.” Or do you just fill up?