Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33383940414243

Thread: Love myself, love life

I love your thread Jenny! Love your pictures—yes, that IS a very poetic picture!

Funnily enough, I was thinking about camphor and its distinctive smell just a couple of days ago. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a tree though! So fun to rendezvous with it here on your thread!

Peace to you!

Dear skylark, so happy to hear your wonderful story, and know once again how Universe is connecting us in so many amazing ways. Your reply reminds me that camphor trees are very common here, but maybe not so easy to see in other places. In spring, camphor trees have fresh green, dark green, and red leaves. And those red leaves begin to fall off--that's why the road would be partly covered by them.

In the past few days, I have been pondering the subject of mastery again, and again, and again. Many interesting thoughts come to me. I usually get knowledge and inspirations and information by this kind of exploring.

My insterests expand to subjects like piano, pianist, conductor. My thoughts just take me there, from pondering, to being inspired to hit the keys of a very simple music toy resembling a piano, to searching videos of famous pianists' performance...

Looking at the big piano consisting of so many keys, and imagining the unlimited possibilities a piano and a pianist can create--ten fingers, so many keys, so many possible hits the pianist can do in every moment. Think about the combinations, the abundant sounds the pianist can make during several seconds or even in an extremely short moment. This instrument itself can make a very abundant and full musical piece. The subtleties, the nuiances, the precision, the speed, the emotions, the feelings... All means unlimited possibilities and therefore inspirations and deliciousness and accomplishment and excitement, etc., for composers, for pianists, and for lovers of this instrument.

I am amazed at how human body can do, when looking at the pianist's fingers doing all kinds of complicated movements upon the piano. There must be many nonphysical musicians enjoying the performing.

I begin to think about conductors--I didn't know what they really do. But I soon have a lot of thoughts about them--mastery of conducting may very well mean great sensitivity to the generals and the specifics of the present concert; they are using body movements and gestures to make the performance stable in terms of fulfiling the key vision, to guide the musicians back to the lane when sensing some subtle discord, to still be flexible enough to let new inspirations flow out based upon now atmosphere--after all, it's a here and now concert with so many fresh elements, like audience and their reaction.

What a conductor does? What kind of things a conductor should be keenly aware of?

Thoughts continue, and I feel strong appreciation of the bigness and abundance of the world--mastery of playing the piano, or mastery of conducting, things like this seem to summon more Source Energy, and are involved with great creativity and extreme precision. Harder, and more challenging, but also very rewarding in terms of intelligence and feelings.

Pick a scene in what-is and vividly milk it

I have been doing this for a long time, especially on desired interactions and relationships and togethernesses.

Example:

My nephew was sitting on my lap and we were playing with the computer, primarily with the keyboard and the screen button. Responding to his curiosity, I had already taught him how some keys pronounced. He already knew where they were when I said "Y" or "T", and he would put his finger on the exact keys. It was a frequent and lighthearted game for us.

The letter that he had been immensely interested in was "W". It must be that W's more complicated or longer pronunciation attracted his attention. I would repeatedly say "W" to him, and he was soon able to easily recognize its place on the keyboard.

We all knew he was a very intelligent being, but we didn't know all the specifics. And this afternoon, as my sister-in-law came to us, I began to play this game with him again. She was amazed, not knowing he could do things like this, even though he did display his intelligence in many other ways. I liked sharing lovely things about my nephew, just like I loved hearing my parents and his parents telling me his new growth. I also told his mom how he learned these things out of his own strong preferences. She then mentioned his extreme passion for car wheels, with a big smile on her face.

A lighthearted interaction and sharing I milked in my mind several times later. Not a high-flying experience. But absolutely one of my desired togethernesses. I had many experiences of this kind I could immediately re-activate, but I chose to vividly describe and milk new ones. New ones gave me fresh feelings, and also gave me a delicious opportunity to deliberately pick words to portray them in my mind or on the paper--a focused and full experience I was fond of.

During the above togetherness, all of us were in a good mood. My nephew was mostly enjoying himself. I was purposefully sharing something lovely. And my sister-in-law was happy to find something new about her cute son. So, of course, I would like it.

Images and Words

I stare at the dishes cooked by my mom. I focus upon their components, their colors and their shapes. I intake their vivid images. I choose words to name them, of course, in Chinese.

One dish after another, I begin this observing and naming and discribing journey, while previously, I just took their existence for granted, rarely focusing upon them like this. My intention is to add some fun to eating experiences, and also find the obvious reasons to appreciate my mom. Appreciating her geinus cooking. Appreciating her mastery of every phase of the cooking.

Then, it becomes easier and easier for me to write out those names, and at the same time, activate those vivid and specific images in my mind. Images and words combined together like this, make you more focused and full in this moment. It feels like I come back to that table, and those amazing dishes are just in front of me. And I can even get a vague sense of their tastes--vague, because I hadn't pay much attention to tastes, to exploring how to vividly activate tastes in my consciouness, but I believe it can be done. [Plus, when I write about them in strong appreciation, usually, I could see them soon at the table again.]

This is not something new; I had written it some time ago. But still, this is such a good way to enhance the beauty and/or the deliciousness and/or the fun and/or the meaning of daily things that previously we ignored. And you can further extend your thoughts based upon what you see. You may see from these dishes what a good cutting job your mom is doing. Then, you may rendezvouse with a scene, in which your mom is so immersed in cutting vegetables, in such focus and mindfulness that you even feel a little confused. She usually doesn't behave like this in other areas, so obviously cooking plays a really important role in her life. Isn't it great that there is something so attracting her?

By doing so, I'm also increasing my ability to visualize, because it becomes easire and easier for me to imagine more vivid pictures in my mind. However, most of the time, I still prefer writing--because many forms of writing already contain visualizing. These names you deliberately choose or create, now, have their own images. In my case, the images are created by my mom. Of course, the same name may mean very different images. After all, you can cut vegetables and meat in so many different ways, leading to so many different shapes and images.

Enjoy every phase of something

I was in the writing mood, so I opened my notebook and began to write. I kept on writing, so involved that I lost track of the time. When I finished writing, two hours had passed. But I had no intention to stop, instead, I turned back to the first page of what I had just written, beginning re-reading and modifying, re-reading and modifying. During this editing phase, I also used my smart phone and dictionary apps to look up some words, to verify something. Finally, I modified it into the most satisfying version I could totally accept then. The subject of the writing was something I had been pondering for some time.

I looked at the clock on my phone, amazed at my focus and devotion. I understood, as for writing, in so many cases, I enjoyed its every phase. I enjoyed the observing and portraying on my mind/(gestating) phase. I enjoyed the writing phase. I enjoyed the re-reading and modifying(/editing) phase. I enjoyed the afterward milking phase. I enjoyed the looking up and verifying phase. I enjoyed learning new words and phrases and combinations phase.

In every phase, I could get great support. For example, in the writing process and usually shortly after my writing, I would know where the possible bugs were, so I can easily located those places to correct them if they were real errors like spelling mistakes. And therefore my editing could be more efficient. I also could receive unfamiliar words or phrases on the spot, and then I would put them into my writing, even though logically speaking I was not sure whether they were absolutely right. But in most cases, they came to me in the perfect time, and by later verifying, I got real familiar with them, and then I could use them naturally and confidently in the future.

Last edited by Jenny Lee; 05-09-2017 at 10:19 PM.

I can feel my ability to be unconditionally aligned has been further enhanced, and out of it comes new specific results. The more unconditional I am, the more new life areas I can easily get into. Some of them are very interesting. A few days ago, I had received some new perspectives about specific problems like:

If a place is very famous for some reasons, and there are always or often a lot of people there, and so usually you'd wait to get into, and you may have to walk slowly in a limited space because of dense population. Which to choose, still wait and visit it, or not? Before, I might choose the latter, because it seemed like a waste of my time in waiting, and a limited observing experience, let alone I could easily get satisfaction from so many other already known things.

But now, my attitude shifts. I'd like to wait and visit these new-to-me and famous places, in most cases. Because I want to personally experience them with my eyes, my ears, with my whole heart and body. I believe they have their unique attraction, prominent charisma that is worth my waiting on the line. And also, I've already get better ability to make myself comfortable and feel good in different situations, so waiting could be satisfying too--it could be very enjoyable too, instead of a waste of time. More important, I get better and better at focusing upon desired visions and sounds, and blocking undesired visions and sounds, so even in a crowd, I can still find a lot of beautiful, and/or lovely, and/or cute, and/or soothing things to enjoy.

By having the above shifts, I would absolutely have more and more new life experiences. As for those things that I've already benefited from, and am still enjoying, I don't need to feel guarded, because there is no shrotage of time for me to enjoy them again.

By following these new attitudes, of course I would know clearer and clearer about my own preferences, what I don't like, and what I like. So if it is an unpleasant experience, at least I know better about what I desire and prefer, and therefore I could make better choices for myself in the future on related subjects.

I explored these thoughts in a clearer way last night when I was walking in a park. And then, on my way back home, I saw a bread shop that sold cheap and yummy bread. There were several people waiting before the counter. I walked to it, decided to buy a piece of bread of a specific flavor. I was informed that I had to wait for 20 minutes. What? ! Such fun. After I had thoughts like that, a scene like this happened to me. Ok, I was willing to wait for the yummy snack. In the waiting, I observed the decoration of this small shop, and I listened to the songs playing there that matched my preferences. The shop owner took out two pieces of bread and let us eat if we wanna, because these two were not for sale because of being over-roasted. Two little kids standing next to me loved them, and kept on eating. I enjoyed these little things, and when I finally got the bread in my hands, I found out there was a long line behind me. Wow! There were always people willing to stand on a long line for something they wanted. I was not that mesmerized by the bread, so my reason for waiting was mostly because I wanted to immediately follow what I just thought before, and made experiences like this satisfying from the start to the end.

Pay attention to your sense perceptions. The more you pay attention to them, and deliberately use them to imagine, to script, the more wonderful new scenes and information you can receive.

You say you want to be in a house that allows you to overlook beauty outside. At first, it is a general idea, but you decide to start from there, putting yourself in that house. So you begin as follows:

I walk into this house. I see wide and tall glass windows. Better said glass walls. With curtains fully open, I see blue sky, white clouds, skyscrapers, and a very magnificent and spacious ancient palace. I can focus my eyes on that palace, and observe different parts within it. Its structure is so unique, and looking at it, stories about it become vivid in my mind...

What about seeing fresh green grassland that seems no end? What about picturing some castles of your desired hight and width and position there? What about picturing weblike water roads outside of the window? What about seeing a wide, deep green river with mountains on the other side, with fishing boats floating leisurely there? What about...

What about sprawling on your chaise longue, just staring those boats floating, in a quiet evening that has soft wind caressing your skin?

What about imagining that you are in one of the boats, lying comfortably on the deck, with your eyes focused uon the night sky, and your hands crossed under your head. Nothing to worry, and nothing to hurry, in this moment, just flowing with the boat and the river.

You are imaging yourself in a house that overlooks a river and fishboats, and then in your imagination, you begin to imagine yourself in a fishing boat, allowing yourself to take a break after work...

Imagining is fun. Scripting is fun. You can put all kinds of images and sounds and other sense perceptions into your imagination and scripts. Combine them as you like. Imagine in your imagination can also be very fun...

Look at those beatiful pictures or scenes, having fun to put yourself into the scenarios, and see what kind of thoughts, words, or action you would have there. Want to dance? Want to explore the beauty as much as you can? Want to figure out how to use this gadget on the table? (Do it if you feel interested, there are so many videos teaching you how to use or apply gadgets of different kinds.)

Much easier to imagine things that you can directly enjoy, such as a chair, a pair of headphones. Nothing complicated related to them. Just sit down, enjoying the comfort and the support of the chair. Just put on the headphones, and maybe push some buttons or regulate a knob.

However, what about things that you think you like to have, that require knowledge and abilities, such as a machine, a tool?

You can imagine directly enjoying the results of them. But if you want to use them by yourself, clean them by yourself, maintain them by yourself, then it is different from just benefiting from their functions.

Imagining yourself using them, cleaning them and maintaining them could be very inspiring and clarifying. By collecting some data and seeing yourself applying them, you may get new conclusions such as "I'd better let it go, and get the desired results from other ways, this way doesn't feel easy and fun to me." You save your energy and time to de-manifest them, and you reduce the possible time of lamenting about making wrong choices.

Of course, you may find enhanced love for them, because the process of using them, cleaning them, and maintaining them feel mind-exciting, and/or body exciting.

I was thinking of how to use an easy-to-function coffee machine. I rarely felt the impulse to specifically figure out how to use an electric appliance or gadget before it is atually before my eyes. But in the past few weeks, I became interested in doing so. It was also related to my deliberate attitude of exciting my mind by different means. So I watched several videos of using coffee machines. I soon began to watch those more complicated ones like Nespresso Lattissima Touch. After whatching one video several times, I understood that I could use it easily and I could clean and maitain it to keep its best function, however it felt a little bit time and energy consuming to clean the Rapid Cappuccino System.

One thing is so clear to me, and that is my mind feel excited when watching and figuring out how to use this machine before its manifestation. It's fun to figure out things. And then I also received an impulse to watch the video of using the Nespresso U. Before I clicked the video, I already thought to myself: Now that I understand how to use the Lattissima, then this video of using an simpler-to-function coffee machine would be very easy to be known by me. This was a logical conclusion that I wanted to test. The result was: It felt so easy, and by comparison, this machine seemed more attractive because of this attribute and another attribute of so-easy-to-clean. But for someone who want to make coffee of more kinds like cappuccino, latte, she/he may not feel that bothered by the cleaning part of those more complicated ones.

Days later, my parents bought a soybean milk machine. Never before had I had such interest in immediately reading the instruction book and putting my hands on different parts of the machine. Genuinely speaking, I was not that interested in the difference of coffee, soybean milk, or juice made by different ways. There was not that bigger difference between freshly ground coffee and coffee made by other ways for me, because my primary attention was not upon its flavor, but usually on its nature of companionship. So what excited me most was the fact that I had new interest, I felt eagerness about new things--I was happy using this way to feel the efficiency of my mind, to notice I can easily read or watch and figure out how-tos.

And more important, starting from this place, I can get into a new stage of imagining and scripting. I can introduce specific steps of physically doing something into my imagining and scripting. I don't need the specific conditions to display those physical movements, because I can picture or write those conditions, making them as vivid as I can. By doing so, of course, I would become better and better at those movements or action. When the actual contions manifest, it would feel very natural and easy for me to directly perform those movements or action. Maybe it means immediately using a cooking utensil to make a specific dish, or using a coffee machine to make a cup of coffee with desired flavor and volume. You don't need to read the instruction book. You just take it out, quickly assemble it, push this button and that button, and soon get your lovely coffee. You already enjoyed the process of figuring out how to use it, and now you are delving into other figuring-outs before their full manifestations. You can live your life in any way, so this could be your way of using or applying things, while other people may like getting familiar with the specifics after actually having them at hands.

My cousin's little daughter was in the car with a big smile, looking at my nephew. My cousin said to us, "She kept on watching his little videos. Every one, several times."

My brother would shoot cute videos for my nephew and share them with family members and friends. My nephew is very popular. I rarely do things like this, but I know how cute and funny he can be, and in fact it really is his daily life.

I walked back home, and a question came to my mind--Not every kid cute or funny like this? Then, I understood immediately, he was really cute and funny in his unique way. I get used to this, but that doesn't mean every kid behaves like this.

A memory came to my mind. Another little girl, also my relative, deliberately came to our house on one weekend, wanting to see him. However, my nephew was not here that day. This little girl insisted on coming, wanting to personally see my nephew. I was a little shocked by his popularity then. Little girls of 4 or 5 years old become his fans so easily.

The adults may very well play an important role here. My brother has his sense of humor. He is rarely a very strict person if you don't argue with him first. My sister-in-law is very allowing. And they share the same kind of humor--even a seeming big fight could turn into laugh between them, because of one's mispronunciation. I am mostly allowing too, and is becoming more and more playful now. So in this environment, his natural happiness and funny part could be easily allowed and displayed.

Even though we have to say things like "don't do that," or "you shouldn't..., because it's dangerous," most of the time, we say these without blame or irritation--I believe this is very important too.

The existence of my nephew and my niece let me "learn" so much. I don't do specific vibraional work about this before their coming, by lightheartedness, I easily get to know them, play with them, take care of them sometimes--such as chaning diapers for them, preparing milk for them, teaching them new words, etc.

They are really mostly in alignment, which sometimes triggers confusion in my logical mind. I would feel confused about why they could play the same toy again and again and again with such happiness. I would feel confused about their happiness of "no reason." Then gradually, I began to say more to myself, "Why not?" I began to purposefully look for and find interesting part of those so-called boring games or activities. It works very well, that's why yesterday I had great interest in playing a bouncing ball. I continue to play it today. I still want to play it tomorrow.