Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
When you listen to music or watch a movie, you're not doing it with the intention of trying to accomplish something. You're willing to turn your full attention to the music or movie. That's why there's a difference.
I get that. And I’m willing to have that same attitude when it comes to focusing on kittens (or something else).

Oh? Then why so reluctant to do it when we suggest that you do it here? Every time we suggest you try, you object.
Because it just feels a bit pointless writing stuff down when it seems like what I write doesn’t make my mind go to thinking about kittens. To me it seems like it should be the other way around, that I first think about bubbles and then write. When I did write about “bubbles”, it felt mostly like a tedious chore tbh, because I struggled with coming up things to write down..

That's what we've been trying to get across to you this whole time. The reason you interpret what you've been doing as failure is because you're trying to accomplish something. The point of thinking about kittens ISN'T TO CHANGE HOW YOU FEEL, the point is to TAKE YOUR ATTENTION OFF HOW YOU FEEL and put it on kittens, just like the point of listening to music or watching a movie is to enjoy the movie or the music.
I understand how to use my Focus when it comes to watching a movie or listening to music. I already know how to do that so I can just do it again and again easily. But the movie or music is right in front of me and easily observable.. But I can’t honestly say that I understand how to use my Focus when it comes to using my mind to deliberately and consciously begin thinking about any subject I choose. If I knew how to in the same way and beginning to think about kittens or bubbles was as easy for me as watching a movie, I would do it a lot..

Again, it's not that hard. You've had the experience of putting on music or a movie and not paying attention to it anymore. How do you know when you're still paying attention to the music or movie or not? All of this is everyday experience you're familiar with.
Ok.. Thanks for your post.