Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Question about not feeling emotions

I want to say something, that could be it, I don't know: feeling better is not an on/off switch. So let's say you choose to observe some wanted, but it doesn't do a thing. Continue! You go on observing more wanted, still nothing. Continue! still nothing. Continue! still nothing. Continue!
    It's a matter of flow, it's like lighting a fire, it may take a while to really kick in. Don't be concerned if you don't feel any change, and don't interrupt the flow by assessing evaluating and observing that dammit something is wrong it doesn't work I don't feel anything. Just try all angles that come to your mind and go on and on and on and on in the wanted direction, always wanted direction, never pouring water on that young fire.
    You know how Abraham do it so often, they go in circles over and over and over and over, first cautiously and tentatively, then more and more boldly and then when it picks momentum they just milk it and milk it and milk it, they could go on for half an hour just repeating the very same things and milking them. Because it's not really the words or the thoughts being the right ones or not, the thoughts are like props to connect to the energy and then when you begin to have a little inkling you just get there more and more going on and on and on and on and on and on.

EaseAndFlow
    Quote Originally Posted by rose essence View Post
    I want to say something, that could be it, I don't know: feeling better is not an on/off switch. So let's say you choose to observe some wanted, but it doesn't do a thing. Continue! You go on observing more wanted, still nothing. Continue! still nothing. Continue! still nothing. Continue!
    It's like Esther when she wrote "Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun.." in her notebook. Abraham have explained that at first she didn't feel anything, but after a page or 2 she began to feel her emotions shift as a result of her focus on those words.

Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    I don't think that JDL was asking to accurately remember what you were thinking...back then. But you can remember how you felt back then. If you couldn't remember that, you wouldn't be able to miss it.

So, you can remember it, in general terms and in general ways. If you can focus on that without introducing your regret (which would be your indicator that you're looking at this pleasant memory from the Lack-or-Absence end of your happiness stick), the LoA will start to bring you more which match your focus. Give it a shot, if you'd like.
    I understand. I might do that. It does feel better to focus back and remembering how I was feeling back then, but it stops feeling better when I'm wanting to write it down because I feel a bit unaware of my thoughts (and if I'm going to write it down, I have to identify my thoughts) or I begin to focus on the words instead or something.

Yes. You want to be deliberate, you want to be able to deliberately direct your thoughts, and feel again like you felt in the past. This is achieved, like when you think of bubbles, by simply stopping observing conditions. That's all there is to it. Stop being an observer.
    Yes, this is exactly it! I'm used to being an observer so this is what I'm wanting to practice. I think though that I'm usually pretty good at focusing on the wanted aspects of the things I observe, but that's still observration. I think the "power" of my focus is sufficient so I don't have to focus on that, what I want to practice is deliberately directing my focus.

You are going instead to CHOOSE accurately what facts or objects to observe. So I think you got this.
    Me too, I have got so much good advice here and I understand things very well intellectually.

What is in particular that you feel you're missing, the little piece of the puzzle?
    I guess the only thing I can do is to continue to practice more, as "words doesn't teach, only life experience teaches".

Thank you rose essence.

Quote Originally Posted by EaseAndFlow View Post
    It's like Esther when she wrote "Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun.." in her notebook. Abraham have explained that at first she didn't feel anything, but after a page or 2 she began to feel her emotions shift as a result of her focus on those words.
    Yes! Exactly!
    In some instances, I kid you not, I've had to write several pages before the energy could move. Initially I thought it was all about the magic key-thought and was very concerned with finding it, but then I realized that it was, as always, JUST MOMENTUM. Or at least let's say it's both. You could really see some videos of Abraham, how they find the way to bring the hotseater to soothe their thoughts, I am sure that someone in the forum will be able to indicate the best youtubes for that. Anyway, they do that. They go on and on first testing the terrain, trying to find an entry point, and then more and more assuredly, you can see and hear that they really build the momentum.

EaseAndFlow
    Thank you, rose essence.
    Last edited by EaseAndFlow; 12-04-2016 at 11:51 AM.

EaseAndFlow
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Really, turning your attention to another topic just isn't that difficult. Focus isn't hard, it isn't something you have to perfect. You do it all the time. You're just used to making something out of it that it isn't.
    It's just a matter of NOT using this as some kind of tool to try to accomplish anything, particularly not to try to shift the way you feel, because you have a particular habit of keeping one eye on how you feel. That keeps you from ever getting your attention off of that story. It's not a matter of perfectionism, it's a matter of WILLINGNESS to turn your attention elsewhere.
    This is so important for me right now as I practice this process.

I think a part of the reason for why it has been feeling hard for me to change my focus is becuase I have been second-guessing my changing of focus. And then it feels tedious and not at all fun.

But after I realised that this was the thing I have been doing, it now feels easier. There's no need for second-guessing. A thought is just a point of focus and we can only think one thought at any moment in time. I also think it's this second-guessing that made me feel unware of my thoughts because as I stopped second-guess myself, I became aware of a negative belief that I've practiced a lot, that I wasn't aware of before.

Mod Note: The next post you write is going to be a lengthy post about ANYTHING, except that it can't be about how you can't do this or how you're not feeling better or how hard you're trying. FOCUS ON ANYTHING ELSE AND KEEP YOUR ATTENTION THERE. Anything else, especially an argument about how you can't do it, will get deleted.
    That's a good idea. Thank you so much Marc.

EaseAndFlow
    What is second-guessing? Is it just thoughts that you think? This is the biggest "thing that I do" and not only in regards to my vibrational "work"... Can't understand how I didn't see that before.

Second guessing is doubting yourself. "And what's the best way to get rid of doubt?" (All together now....!)

EaseAndFlow
    Quote Originally Posted by FallenAngel View Post
    Second guessing is doubting yourself. "And what's the best way to get rid of doubt?" (All together now....!)
    Thanks, FA.

starlitegirl
    I didn't read through more than the last through pages of this thread so I might have missed something but from what I've read, the first thing that popped into my mind was that you've got some beliefs running counter to what you want and they keep sending you in circles where you second guess and keep you in trap of your own making. I know the word belief sounds like it's big and imposing but beliefs are just thoughts you have thought a lot and accepted as reality or truth. If what I suspect is the case I would suggest you go through your thought related to all this and see if there are some that run counter to what you want. Thoughts that would imply you can't be happy or anything along those lines. Write them all down. Do a stream of consciousness where you just let all the thoughts flow and see what shows up rather than clamping down on them trying to force yourself in a happy direction. When you do that you can see what you really are working with and you can debunk most of them as not really true or accurate. Most of them in fact will show themselves to be 'at one time these appeared to be true to me but they were based on my limited awareness and therefore not accurate at all' - those can be debunked pretty easily. Doing this might help you get some wiggle room where you don't keep second guessing yourself because the triggers that caused the guess are likely these thought/beliefs that you can debunk.

I might be way off base here, but in case I am not I thought it might be worth it to take the time and share some thoughts.

I hope you feel much better very soon and get to spend lots of quality time ITV.

That's an excellent idea Starlight. It's something that works with me too. I do a lot of work of that sort. It's maybe not 100% abe-correct but it works wonders anyway (not a purist, what's good to me I take)
    Last edited by rose essence; 12-06-2016 at 06:15 AM.