Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Question about not feeling emotions

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    Since you've brought this up in this way, perhaps you're misunderstanding what we mean by "feel better"? Are you telling us that you can't feel the difference between a Happy thought and a Sad thought? Or a worrisome thought and a hopeful thought?
    Yes, that is what I mean.

You can't feel the difference between:

• "I hate myself, I'm rubbish and a compleat waste of space and air. I never should have been born. I just want to croak." OR
    • "There are times I like myself more than other times."?
    No, not right now. At least not after focusing on each statement for 16 seconds. What does that mean?

When we talk about "feeling better," we're not talking about physical sensations as you're looking at here. We mean feel better emotionally, moving from Frustration to Irritation or Frustration to Calm or from Boredom to Happy, etc. It's true that, as you shift your vibration and you do it consistently, you'll get enough momentum that you can manifest physical sensations, but that's down the road, not at the beginning of the process. So you might be looking at unhelpful indicators, which is common.
    How can I stop doing that?

Quote Originally Posted by EaseAndFlow View Post
    What is second-guessing? Is it just thoughts that you think? This is the biggest "thing that I do" and not only in regards to my vibrational "work"... Can't understand how I didn't see that before.
    You know the saying that 'all streets lead to Rome'? or like William Blake put it beautifully: 'If the fool would persist in his folly he would become wise.'
    I think that when you second-guess it's because you think that from Phoenix to San Diego there is only one way that's the highway, and you really don't wanna miss it, so you second-guess because you don't wanna mess up for yourself.
    But all ways are equally fine, if you line up with them. It's only the going back and forth that leads you nowhere. So you just line up to whatever way is easy, and you're good to go. The possibility to second-guess is always open, but, you just remember it's not to your advantage to go there, because that's exactly 'the thing you do' that always kept you from staying afloat.

ETA: btw second-guessing is not only cause of ootv, but also caused by ootv. So if you find a way to lift the vibe, whatever that may be, you'll notice that second-guessing isn't so tempting any more as it used to be. In fact when you're rather high, second-guessing feels as tempting as a punch in the face.
    Last edited by rose essence; 12-09-2016 at 05:33 AM.

Banned
    Right now I feel a bit "empty" inside, I think it's because I'm not really focusing on anyhting very positive or negative, it's like WellBeing described in this thread:

I call those periods, when I have them, "flat-lining," like in those medical shows where the instrument's line goes flat and makes that grating noise. For me, it's a good reminder that I can always reach for something better-feeling to focus on.
    I just realised that I can probably feel my emotions more than I've been willing to admit. Because there are some subjects that I'm always so eager to avoid! I don't want to turn my attention to them, because I don't want to feel the negative feeling of doing that. I don't want to feel worse, so I'm most of the time doing my best to avoid those subjects, and I've been surprisingly good at it. Except when I begin thinking about those subjects in the middle of situations where it's not really a good time to do the "work".

So I'm not completely alright with feeling negative emotions when I don't "have to". I can feel that I'm not at peace with feeling negative emotions. So that's something I want to make peace with.

You can make peace with it by reminding yourself what negative emotion really means. How would you know when you are moving away from the vibration of your IB and Vortex, if you didn't have this sign that tells you that you are doing that?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The LoA-Man View Post
    You can make peace with it by reminding yourself what negative emotion really means. How would you know when you are moving away from the vibration of your IB and Vortex, if you didn't have this sign that tells you that you are doing that?
    Yes, I know what my emotions are. I want to become comfortable with feeling worse. IOW, not freak out when I focus on a worse-feeling topic because I want to do the "work" on it.

Why do you focus on a topic which you call "worse-feeling" topic. Isn't it what I'm talking about? That "worse-feeling" tells you that you are not yet vibrationally up-to-speed with this subject to work on it. You are focusing on the worse-feeling end of the stick. Of course, it will feel off to you. It is not about becoming comfortable with feeling worse. It is about understanding that "feeling worse" is guidance telling you that if you keep focusing on this, it will get worse. Making peace with negative emotion doesn't mean focus on it and feel good. Touch the hot stove and feel good about it. Not at all. Negative emotion says "take your hand off the stove".

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The LoA-Man View Post
    Why do you focus on a topic which you call "worse-feeling" topic. Isn't it what I'm talking about? That "worse-feeling" tells you that you are not yet vibrationally up-to-speed with this subject to work on it. You are focusing on the worse-feeling end of the stick. Of course, it will feel off to you. It is not about becoming comfortable with feeling worse. It is about understanding that "feeling worse" is guidance telling you that if you keep focusing on this, it will get worse. Making peace with negative emotion doesn't mean focus on it and feel good. Touch the hot stove and feel good about it. Not at all. Negative emotion says "take your hand off the stove".
    Yes, I know, but there are many subjects which I avoid when I can but I focus on them at some point everyday, I'm talking about subjects which can be hard to ignore in the day-to-day living of life which I've practiced negative beliefs about, and everytime I focus on those subjects they are going to be activated where I last left them. I usually avoid focusing on those subjects most of the time, so I'm never really shifting those negative beliefs to a better-feeling place, and when I do focus on them it's usually in the middle of situations where it's not the best time to do the "work". So I would want to shift those subjects to a better-feeling place eventually, and to begin doing that I would have to deliberate focus on them, even if it feels worse at the beginning.

I guess I came into this life to experience the whole range of emotions. And generally I want to begin enjoying this process more. I always kind of take negative score with this "work" and don't enjoy the process, and I want to change that.

Hmm the perspective I expressed to you is the best one that works for me. I do "the work" only by letting go of the cork and then grid fills itself in in that way. The improved thoughts come by themselves as a match to my improved vibration, so shifting the thoughts does not turn into an effort. It works for me perfectly well, so I thought it could work for you as well. But of course I cannot know what works for you more than you do.

Yes, I know, but there are many subjects which I avoid when I can but I focus on them at some point everyday,...
    Bubbles

I'm talking about subjects which can be hard to ignore in the day-to-day living of life...
    Rubik's cube

...which I've practiced negative beliefs about,...
    Fluffy bunnies

and everytime I focus on those subjects they are going to be activated where I last left them.
    Listen to my music

...and when I do focus on them it's usually in the middle of situations where it's not the best time to do the "work".
    Bubbles…Rubik’s cube...Hang on; it'll be over soon...Pet the Cat…

So I would want to shift those subjects to a better-feeling place eventually,...
    “Eventually,” yes. But, first, you might want to take your hand off the hot stove to stop your burning.

Bubbles... Rubik's cube…Fluffy bunnies...Don't have to think about that now…Later, 'Gator...The sun came up this morning...Look at that happy puppy…Oh, that. That's just a thought I keep thinking. Someday, I'll choose a different thought to think…My heart’s still pumping blood…Listen to my music....

I guess I came into this life to experience the whole range of emotions.
    "I'm looking forward to that because they keep telling me on the Forum that I already do. So, that means I'm a success. I'm doing what I came here to do."

And generally I want to begin enjoying this process more.
    Do you ever play a game? Have you?

Did that game become less or more fun when you analyzed it extensively and turned it into an assignment or a chore?

I always kind of take negative score with this "work" and don't enjoy the process, and I want to change that.
    Great. How will you start to do that?

Yes, I know, but there are many subjects which I avoid when I can but I focus on them at some point everyday, I'm talking about subjects which can be hard to ignore in the day-to-day living of life which I've practiced negative beliefs about, and everytime I focus on those subjects they are going to be activated where I last left them.
    You don't have to clean them up, you can do for ex. a cheese process. Have you looked that up?
    I normally have no problems with cleaning up a resistance, but in one instance I was very clear that I didn't want to go there. I applied the principles of the cheese process, and it worked wonders, I manifested the huge chunk of money I was after and more. I point this out not to brag but to say that I have physical proof that it actually worked.
    Generally speaking, the fantastic thing about the vast range of angles one can possibly take for alignment is that you can always go along with your natural inclinations, instead of fighting them.