Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 197

Thread: Question about not feeling emotions

  1. #11

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Kindergarten
    Posts
    360
    Quote Originally Posted by EaseAndFlow View Post
    I have some trouble with (not) feeling my emotions.

    I have some other questions:

    1. How do you forum friends do it? Do you search around for thoughts that feels a little better? Does it take a while to find a BFT, or is it easy?
    2. When you think of something, do you get a feeling response instantly? Or do you have to think about that thing for 17+ seconds before you start feeling anything?

    Happy new year
    From what I have experienced, normally I will not get the feeling response instantly. I need to hold my attention to the subject (the desired emotion) for a while before I can feel the vibrational change (not a long time, but it is a long time to the Mind! Because It is like monkey until you train it ). As Abe advised: "don't leave it too easily", just bring yourself back to what you want to focus every time your mind wanders.
    To feel the different emotions, you can spend little time on thinking what you really don't like, then right away thinking about what you love. That way you can start to understand your EGS more.

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,139
    Quote Originally Posted by night View Post
    some people resonate more with noticing what feels truer
    I use both, in fact I like what feels truer quite a lot
    What feels truer, yeah you're right, that feels easy!

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    It doesn't necessarily mean someone is in depression, just that they're used to feeling a particular way and doing that consistently.
    Thank you so much Marc, you are so awesome! You answered many questions I had about LOA, now I can finally let go and relax with all of this!

    Quote Originally Posted by squeak View Post
    OK some of these are symptoms of depression, you are a wonderful person and all the Abe stuff will help you tremendously. However, I suggest seeing someone, a counsellor or anyone you feel you can talk to about the emotional numbness
    Hmm, maybe, if things doesn't get better for me, I am going to remember your supportive advice, so nice of you.

    I am starting to believe that I have been in a place of "Boredom", because I have been feeling "meh", and I have been sloppy and feeling the same "meh" for a while. I am going to go with that because I am not feeling depressed right now

    Ok so I have made some progress today

    I have been feeling better, by distracting myself with easy things. It has been wonderful. And when I am in this good mood, when I look around at the things in my house, I feel more positive about all things! I think I have found a general happy place and I am so happy that I can feel my emotions a little more now

    Quote Originally Posted by Klark View Post
    From what I have experienced, normally I will not get the feeling response instantly. I need to hold my attention to the subject (the desired emotion) for a while before I can feel the vibrational change (not a long time, but it is a long time to the Mind! Because It is like monkey until you train it ). As Abe advised: "don't leave it too easily", just bring yourself back to what you want to focus every time your mind wanders.
    To feel the different emotions, you can spend little time on thinking what you really don't like, then right away thinking about what you love. That way you can start to understand your EGS more.
    That's good to know. Thanks for your good advice!

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,139
    Sorry for bumping, I hope it's okay.

    I have, again, some trouble with feeling my emotions. I just finished meditating for 15 min and thought that would help but not so much.
    When I meditate I feel "the same" but I guess that's understandable for there isn't much momentum in meditation.
    I wish I could find my inner guidance system again. Without it, I don't know if I go in the direction of wanted or unwanted.

    Earlier today I decided to find out where on the EGS I am on the subject of "self love".
    I wrote down statements all the way from the bottom of the EGS to the top of the EGS. None of the statement felt better or worse to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    Again, are you telling us that you can't feel the difference between a Joy-ful thought and a Depressing thought?
    I feel no difference between a happy thought and a depressed thought. I would appreciate some help on this.

  4. #14
    ease123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    aiming for the Vortex
    Posts
    1,808
    Everybody hates me!

    Most people love me!

    Which of those two thoughts feels slightly better to YOU?

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,139
    Quote Originally Posted by ease123 View Post
    Everybody hates me!

    Most people love me!

    Which of those two thoughts feels slightly better to YOU?
    I focused on both for 68 sec each and,
    they felt not so different from each other.
    Ok, so there must be something I do. Ignoring my true feelings or something.
    I do understand that my emotions are important and I do want to listen for them.

    How can I pay more attention to my emotions?

  6. #16
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    14,464
    Quote Originally Posted by EaseAndFlow View Post
    I have again some trouble with feeling how I really feel. I just meditated for 15 min and thought that would help but not so much.
    I'm wondering what you're trying to achieve here in this situation. On one hand it sort of sounds like you're trying to find a label for how you feel and, as you say below, after meditation (because your focus is diffuse) that can be harder to do. But there's very few times that we need a precise label in this "work." In fact, Abraham tell us that there are--in any given moment of time--only two emotions of any importance to us. One that feels "better" (than what we had just been feeling) and one that feels "worse." It doesn't matter if we call those "better" (or "worse") emotions "Anger" or "Hope" or "Purple" or "Basketball." The only thing that matters is whether you are now feeling better or worse than you had just been.

    The only time that I can think of where it's helpful for us to know more precisely than that where we are on the Scale is when we start Process #22 (Moving Up the Emotional Scale), from AAIIG. But you've been working with different Processes. When you do something like a Focus Wheel, it's more of a matter of recognising a thought (or a story of thoughts) doesn't feel so good to you and then using your guidance system and the Focus Wheel to start shifting those thoughts into a better-feeling place. You don't need to know if you're at Anger or at Hope on the Scale in order to do that.

    Quote Originally Posted by EaseAndFlow View Post
    IWhen I take naps I feel a little worse. After a typical 20 min nap I generally feel more tired than I did before the nap. Is that strange?
    Notice that, in this story, you're focusing on how you feel physically ("generally more tired") and Abraham are asking us to focus on how we feel emotionally. Now, because you have this expectation that you're not going to feel better ("I generally feel more tired than I did") and so, when you wake up, your knee-jerk re-action will be to check in to see if your expectation is fulfilled and because this expectation is on the Unwanted end of the stick called "rest" or "nap," it would be understandable that you are going to feel "less good." I don't find that so much "strange" as I do "interesting." Of course, you can do a variety of things like Pre-Pave a different sort of nap for yourself or Make Peace that your body knows how much rest to get and if you allow the wisdom of your cells to wake you when your momentum has ceased or focus, upon awakening, on something other than how your body feels or.... Do you see what I'm getting at?

    Quote Originally Posted by EaseAndFlow View Post
    When I meditate I feel "sameness" but I guess that's understandable for there isn't much momentum in meditation.
    You're correct because meditation stops or slows down your momentum. When you come out of meditation, you can start to focus, as lauralight suggested above, on what you want and why you want it and how it will feel along the way and how it will feel when you manifest it, etc. and get vibrational momentum going in the direction of something that you want. As you ramp up that momentum in that direction, at first you might not be able to notice the difference (because the world of vibration is subtle if you haven't practised tuning yourself to it). But, as that momentum ramps up, you'll be more able to notice both the better feeling and the momentum.

    Quote Originally Posted by EaseAndFlow View Post
    I wish I could find my inner guidance system again. Without it, I don't know if I go in the direction of wanted or unwanted.
    It's really hard--have you noticed?--to find something that you believe is "lost" or missing. You might have noticed that when you've lost an item and you search and you search to no avail. Have you noticed, when you give up the search and you forget that the item is "lost" (IOW, when you shift your vibration off the "lost" disk), that's when you find the item? That's the LoA in action and the LoA is working the same way here. So, when you tell the story of how you can't find your emotional guidance system (it's "lost"), then the LoA has to bring to you more "lost" guidance system. You're not going to be able to "find" something that you insist you can't find. That defies the LoA and "wishing" isn't going to help you there. This whole story in that quoted sentence is setting you up to try and buck the LoA and your own vibrational current. This is the vibrational current of "spitting into the wind" and that's as unpleasant as it sounds.

    Don't do that. Instead, tell the story of how you have a guidance system and it's there and it's working and it's just a matter of tuning to it and how you've done it before because there have been other times in your life when you have felt "better" and known it and when you've felt "worse" and known it, etc. IOW, start working with the LoA, rather than against it.

    Quote Originally Posted by EaseAndFlow View Post
    Earlier today I decided to find out where on the EGS I am on the subject of "self love".
    I wrote down statements all the way from the bottom of the EGS to the top of the EGS. None of the statement felt better or worse to me.
    I'm going to leave aside the discussion of "self-love" is a big, broad topic where you have a variety of opinions about this part of "you" and that aspect of you and how they can all shift around. It just might be too big of a topic for you to sum up in a simple statement, so this would not be a path of least resistance for you to travel on. But you do know generally your opinion of yourself, don't you? Without getting bogged down with the labels of the Scale, how does that opinion feel to you? Do you feel "good" or "bad" when you think that opinion of you? That's your guidance system. Do you feel "a little" good (or bad) or "average" good or "really" good when you think that opinion of you? That's your guidance system again.

    Quote Originally Posted by EaseAndFlow View Post
    I feel no difference between a happy thought and a depressed thought. I don't know what's going on but I would appreciate help.
    You can't feel the difference between:

    • "I hate myself, I'm rubbish and a compleat waste of space and air. I never should have been born. I just want to croak." OR
    • "There are times I like myself more than other times."?

    Again, give us some examples of the statements/thoughts you're working with and perhaps we can have more personalised comments.

  7. #17
    ease123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    aiming for the Vortex
    Posts
    1,808
    Where on the egs would you currently be feeling?

  8. #18
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    14,464
    You can't feel the difference between the idea of everyone hating you and the idea of everyone loving you? How are you "focusing" on them then? When we say "focus on" something, it's not just stare at the words or think them blankly.

    Are you imagining how your life would be if everyone were to hate you? Are you imagining being called names or attacked or doors slammed in your face and people attacking you (verbally or physically) or otherwise acting out to you? Are you imagining a world that stacks the deck against you so that you have no opportunities or, if you do, the only way that you "get" those opportunities is to fight all the haters tooth-and-claw? Are you imagining this whole bleak world in which you did nothing but be born? Does any of this produce an emotion within you? What does that emotion feel like?

    Now imagine the other world and how your life would be (or is) when everyone loves you. Imagine what that world is like and what your life is like. Go into some of the details, like I did above. Feel the difference.

    You see, whether these thoughts might be "true" or not for you (and that's another thing that might also be going on: you just picking random thoughts--rather than your "truth"--and working with them intellectually), if you sat with these thoughts and focused what they might mean for you and for your life (as I guided you above), you can get some momentum of emotions going pretty quickly. I know I did just in writing those examples for you.

    (I hope you haven't deleted your post in the time that it took me to write this.)

  9. #19
    Super Kitty Marc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tempe, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    9,282
    Quote Originally Posted by EaseAndFlow View Post
    I have, again, some trouble with feeling my emotions. I just finished meditating for 15 min and thought that would help but not so much.
    When I meditate I feel "the same" but I guess that's understandable for there isn't much momentum in meditation.
    Well, that really depends. If you're feeling bad and you go to no momentum, it's going to feel like a lot of relief. If you're feeling really good and you go to no momentum, you're going to notice that too. My guess is that what happened is that in your meditation, you never really took your attention off how you were feeling, so you weren't able to let go of your resistance. That can happen when you go into meditation with the intention of trying to fix something. If you'd meditate with the intention of not accomplishing anything, but just giving yourself a break from the thoughts you're used to thinking, you might notice a difference. My slightly different, but similar technique, that I talk a lot about here is taking a subject that doesn't mean anything to you and focusing on it lightly. Take "pretzels" for example. Spend 15 minutes or so just thinking about pretzels. Imagine them, picture what they look like, what they smell like, what they taste like. If your mind wanders, just bring it back. I find it easier than the sort of meditation that Abraham describes because it requires a little more focus. In bringing your attention to something to which you have no resistance to, your vibration will raise.
    Quote Originally Posted by EaseAndFlow View Post
    I wish I could find my inner guidance system again. Without it, I don't know if I go in the direction of wanted or unwanted.
    Well, part of that is that you can't keep telling the story of how you can't find your guidance system and find your guidance system. It's like the story that Abraham tells of how Esther lost this beautiful pen -- she couldn't find it until she finally took her attention off the fact that she couldn't find it.
    Quote Originally Posted by EaseAndFlow View Post
    Earlier today I decided to find out where on the EGS I am on the subject of "self love".
    I wrote down statements all the way from the bottom of the EGS to the top of the EGS. None of the statement felt better or worse to me.
    Let's try something easier. How are you feeling right now? Are you feeling bad or are you feeling good? Even if your answer is, "I don't know," does your not knowing feel bad or does it feel good? The fact that you're talking how you're "struggling" and you don't know if you're going in the direction of wanted or unwanted suggests that you're not feeling good about it. If your reaction were, "Hey, I'm not feeling any pain or discomfort, I can sort of float around and look at anything and it really doesn't knock me out of whack," it would be a very different story.


    Quote Originally Posted by EaseAndFlow View Post
    I feel no difference between a happy thought and a depressed thought. I would appreciate some help on this.
    It's not that you don't feel the difference between a happy and depressed thought, it's that you don't necessarily have access to both of them. Let's just say, for the sake of discussion, you were actually at depression. LOA isn't going to allow you to go from depression right to happy. So it might feel like you can't feel the difference between those thoughts, but it's actually because you're trying to make a jump that you can't possibly make and so you just end up staying put. It's like standing at the bottom of a tall building and trying to compare it to the top of the building. You can't do that because you're not really anywhere near the top of the building.
    Quote Originally Posted by EaseAndFlow View Post
    I focused on both for 68 sec each and,
    they felt not so different from each other.
    Ok, so there must be something I do. Ignoring my true feelings or something.
    I do understand that my emotions are important and I do want to listen for them.

    How can I pay more attention to my emotions?
    Yes, what you're doing is telling this story of how you can't feel your emotions. So you can't focus on the absence of something and experience the presence of it. So the best thing you could do is to STOP what you're doing. The only way you can do that is to start doing something else -- which is why I suggested the idea of focusing on a meaningless topic for a little while.

  10. #20
    ease123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    aiming for the Vortex
    Posts
    1,808
    Wonderful information coming through from WB and Marc as usual.

    I love the idea of focusing on something that has no meaning to raise the vibration.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •