Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: Question about not feeling emotions

EaseAndFlow
    In the opening of the Clarity 2014 DVD, Abraham seems to be using the words emotions and mood interchangeably. I want to become better at learning how to work with my emotional guidance system, how can I learn and practice and become better? I often try the different processes in AAIIG but either I'm not affecting the way I feel and inducing any relief or I'm missing the relief that I'm creating. But I think it's the former, that I'm not really improving my vibration when I focus on my words.

But I still may not have gotten the connection between the thoughts that I'm thinking and the way I feel down, because most times when I notice that I feel worse, I seem unaware of what thoughts I was thinking. How can one increase pre-manifestational awareness? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    No, emotions are not in your body. Emotions are the experiences of things like Anger, Hope or Joy, but those are simply labels that we place on the varying degrees of "better" or "worse" that you're describing. The labels don't matter.
    It seems to me like it was a long time ago since I experienced any of those emotions. But I do remember the last time I felt happy, and it was not in a specific point in my body, so I understand what you mean with that our emotions aren't in our body.

Quote Originally Posted by EaseAndFlow View Post
    In the opening of the Clarity 2014 DVD, Abraham seems to be using the words emotions and mood interchangeably.
    What do those words mean to you?

I want to become better at learning how to work with my emotional guidance system, how can I learn and practice and become better? I often try the different processes in AAIIG but either I'm not affecting the way I feel and inducing any relief or I'm missing the relief that I'm creating. But I think it's the former, that I'm not really improving my vibration when I focus on my words.
    I can't tell you what you're doing beyond this Forum. However, from what I've seen on this Forum, from my recollection is that it's more the latter, not the former--that you don't give yourself credit for or dismiss the relief that you can create for yourself.

But, TBH, it doesn't matter whether A, B or even C or D is the “correct” answer, as far as these teachings are concerned. We can use the LOA to our benefit here with this question as well. For me, in a situation such as yours, I would be less eager to figure out what I've been doing and how to improve it and more willing to tell my “truth” about what's going on for me in a way that feels better. For me, I would feel that my story of how I can't do this thing that I very much want to do (and why I can't do it, etc.) wouldn't feel very good. So, I would either “Bubbles” it or find a way to tell a better-feeling story about it.

For me, a story about “I can't” (your “the former” above) doesn't give me many options, but I can feel the options and the flexibility on the “I can but then there's something else happening” (your “the latter” above) story. The “I can but then there's something else happening” story is one step closer to this thing I very much want, so that would feel like relief to me. As I practiced that story, so that I felt the relief of that and until it became a story that I could easily and readily believe for myself, I would be then be looking for “evidence” and instances (however brief, even if they were few and far between or in the very distant past) where I can do this thing that I very much want to do. I would be extremely (even excessively) generous in my definition of a “successful” accomplishment so that I would have as much “evidence” as I can mine from my own experience. I would be taking as positive a score as I could of my experience to support my new story. This would help me see more clearly the progress that I have in fact been making, progress of which I might not even have been aware. As I'm doing this, the LOA will be responding to my new focus and work with me to bring me more “evidence” to match and support my new focus.

At the same time, I would soothe the “...but there's something else happening…” piece, simply because that piece wouldn't feel so good. If I'm willing to make “feeling better” my primary goal, I might let myself off the hook a bit on this piece. And I'll feel less urgency about that “...but…” piece, as I collect more evidence and practice my story of how I am able to do this. Even if I'm not yet confident in my ability to do it consistently or on demand, I am still able to do it.

But I still may not have gotten the connection between the thoughts that I'm thinking and the way I feel down, because most times when I notice that I feel worse, I seem unaware of what thoughts I was thinking. How can one increase pre-manifestational awareness? Thanks.
    I don't think you need to “increase pre-manifestational awareness.” You're having your “pre-manifestational awareness” right there in your story. You notice that you're feeling worse. That's your awareness. Good for you.

If you're unaware what thoughts you're thinking in that moment, then you're not yet able to discern them. It's like going to the gym. Just because they have a 100-lb. dumbbell doesn't mean that you're able to lift it.

My point is that you are able to feel which is better and which is worse. (That's a win for you, in my book.) If you're not yet, in that moment, able to do something directly about your awareness, then “Bubbles” it. That's going to feel better than wrestling this worse feeling that you can't figure out.

As we often say here on the Forum, there are many ways we can apply Abraham's only answer of “feel better.” I’ve simply shared above how this Peanut in the Gallery might approach his “art of allowing.”

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar

So, emotions are not placed anywhere in the body? I want to stop my misunderstanding of what my emotions actually are. Are emotions like mood?
    Abe teach that the solarplexus is the sensor for emotions, as the nose smells. It´s our "gut-feeling".

EaseAndFlow
    What do those words mean to you?
    I've been seeing mood as something more outside of my body, like my attitude, but emotions more inside of my body, like my true "deep" feelings. I've not been seeing them as the same thing.

I can't tell you what you're doing beyond this Forum. However, from what I've seen on this Forum, from my recollection is that it's more the latter, not the former--that you don't give yourself credit for or dismiss the relief that you can create for yourself.
    I'm not really understanding this. If I'm not honestly feeling better, then I haven't shifted my vibration and I'm not "happy" with my "work" because I'm not succeeding in feeling better (about the subject) which was my intention with the process. But I can see what you mean with that it feels better to not take negative score. My taking negative score and second-guessing my thoughts and so on seems to be removing the fun of doing the processes.

But, TBH, it doesn't matter whether A, B or even C or D is the “correct” answer, as far as these teachings are concerned. We can use the LOA to our benefit here with this question as well. For me, in a situation such as yours, I would be less eager to figure out what I've been doing and how to improve it and more willing to tell my “truth” about what's going on for me in a way that feels better. For me, I would feel that my story of how I can't do this thing that I very much want to do (and why I can't do it, etc.) wouldn't feel very good. So, I would either “Bubbles” it or find a way to tell a better-feeling story about it.
    I'm honestly not very eager about figuring out what I've been doing or why and what I can improve on, and I'm more eager about feeling better in this moment, if I can find a way to do that.

I don't think you need to “increase pre-manifestational awareness.” You're having your “pre-manifestational awareness” right there in your story. You notice that you're feeling worse. That's your awareness. Good for you.
    But I don't think I really have made the connection between my thoughts and the way I feel yet in a clear and meaningful way. IOW, I almost always notice when I feel worse because I really want to feel good and that means a lot to me, but it always seems so unclear to me what I was thinking that caused the worse feeling.

If you're unaware what thoughts you're thinking in that moment, then you're not yet able to discern them. It's like going to the gym. Just because they have a 100-lb. dumbbell doesn't mean that you're able to lift it.
    Ok.. I do remember you saying that when you feel worse, just "look at what you're thinking" and that the thoughts are right there in front of you and easy to "see". I want to learn how to do that, so that I can try to "work" on the thoughts that actually makes me feel worse, and stop assuming my starting thoughts for the process.

My point is that you are able to feel which is better and which is worse. (That's a win for you, in my book.) If you're not yet, in that moment, able to do something directly about your awareness, then “Bubbles” it. That's going to feel better than wrestling this worse feeling that you can't figure out.
    When I do the bubbles game, I notice that I need to practice my ability to focus more, because I don't always are able to direct my attention so it's undividedly on bubbles so that I don't notice at the same time how bad I might feel, so maybe that's a good practice for that.

As we often say here on the Forum, there are many ways we can apply Abraham's only answer of “feel better.” I’ve simply shared above how this Peanut in the Gallery might approach his “art of allowing.”
    Thanks for your example.

Quote Originally Posted by paradise-on-earth View Post
    Abe teach that the solarplexus is the sensor for emotions, as the nose smells. It´s our "gut-feeling".
    Ok.

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    it always seems so unclear to me what I was thinking that caused the worse feeling.
    Isn´t it enough that you got a warning-bell that you DO feel worse, and so you can NOW stop it and find something-
    anything- that feels better?
    You don´t ever have to go back and clean anything up.

Just be forwards >>> looking>>> and skip from one better thought to the next, >>>>>
    and be very very quiet when you´r in a downdraft.

And then, look forwards for >>>>> what feels even>>>>> a bit better>>> again.

This "fixing mode" isn´t helping.

(Source ONLY sees your wellness, and so...)
    ...you´ve gotta look over HERE, too.
    Look over HERE!

You´ve gotta believe in this VIBRATIONAL reality,
    with such fervor, that you distract yourself from the sickness,
    even though it hurts!

-That you distract yourself from the decline in your bank-account,
    even though that you´r afraid.
    You HAVE TO WANT SO MUCH to tune into the wholeness
    that you´ve become, that you are willing to IGNORE
    all of the reality-details, and all of the evidence,

and all of the people from the peanut-gallery,
    that are pointing at you and are calling you,
    and all of the people that give you the diagnoses,
    and all of the people that are giving you your credit-reports,

you HAVE TO IGNORE REALITY,
    if you will ever move into the direction of vibrational reality!
    Because you CAN NOT DO BOTH in the same time.

from the clip
    Abraham-Hicks: Abraham's value is not seeing "reality" (no music)

Ignore issues, on purpose.

E&F, do you think that the process of making threads about how you don't understand your emotions and therefore find these processes confusing, is helping you?

I ask because from the perspective of me, it seems you have been using the same method for quite a while...that is, post on the forum, ask for help, explain how you don't understand your emotions, explain why this is difficult, over-intellectualise and analyse it all...then rinse and repeat. Again, from the perspective of me, it doesn't seem like you're much closer to feeling better or understanding this than you were. In fact, each thread just seems to be adding momentum to that 'this is hard, I don't understand my emotions', story.

However, you're you, and therefore of course from your perspective it could look very different. That's why I'm asking...is continuing to do this, really helping you? These discussions seem like they're repeating themselves and going around in circles over the same ground, to me.

In these threads, you seem to tell the "this is hard" story in an attitude of fighting against it. For example "This is hard...and I wish it wasn't, and I wish I understood, but I don't...so *help me understand so it's not hard". That's saying "This is hard, and I want to push against it being hard, and I am taking this action of posting this thread to try and overcome the manifestation of it being hard".

Perhaps instead, you could do the work *on* the "this is hard" story. So, telling the "This is hard" story in a way which feels better, but accepting that for you, at the moment, yes it *is* difficult to do this work...in an attitude of making peace with it being difficult for you at this time. So a story which is more forgiving of yourself. For example, instead of

I'm not really understanding this. If I'm not honestly feeling better, then I haven't shifted my vibration and I'm not "happy" with my "work" because I'm not succeeding in feeling better (about the subject) which was my intention with the process.

Maybe something like

"I'm not really understanding this, but that's kind of natural because I've been telling the "I don't understand this" story for a while, and law of attraction keeps bringing more of that to me (letting yourself off the hook). Well, there are some other things that I didn't understand once upon a time, and I do now, like how to tie my shoes or ride a bike...maybe in the same way I will understand this thing some day (changing focus a bit to what you can do)...I know this Abraham work is about feeling better, and I can tell the difference between better and worse anyway...like when I'm eating a delicious donut I feel better, and when I stub my toe or have a headache I feel worse...I guess that's the main core of the teachings right there (Going way more general)."

I hope this suggestion helps. I feel if you don't find a way to tell the story about doing the work in a better feeling way, or get off the subject altogether, you'll stay stuck where you are. But my perception might be wrong and you could actually be feeling far more happy and joyful than you were in your first threads about this, so feel free to correct me. If you'd like to try it though, you could start telling the story here about how the work is tricky, but in a 'but that's OK' or "but I am making progress" or "But I'm sure I'll get it eventually" way, rather than "and I need to overcome that fact" way.

EaseAndFlow
    Thanks PoE and Cosmic

I don't think I really have made the connection between my thoughts and the way I feel yet in a clear and meaningful way.
    This is a cornerstone in the teachings, so you have to make the connection in order to deliberately create. You can do it. It's just a matter of paying attention and practice. But if you don't pay attention to which thoughts are producing at least generally positive or generally negative feelings, you're just reacting to conditions and you have no base for The Work. This is a foundation of the teachings.

I still may not have gotten the connection between the thoughts that I'm thinking and the way I feel down, because most times when I notice that I feel worse, I seem unaware of what thoughts I was thinking. How can one increase pre-manifestational awareness?
    A good place to start is not even by trying to feel better, but just by paying attention to the connection between your thoughts and the feelings that follow. It seems that you're trying to do processes to feel better without first even having a handle on which thoughts are producing your negative emotion. Take the pressure of off yourself to "do the work" because you're struggling to feel better and that doesn't work. In order for processes to be effective, you must develop sensitivity (awareness) of which thoughts feel bad to you and which thoughts feel good. You don't have to pinpoint an emotion on the EGS, just notice which thoughts produce bad/negative and which thoughts produce good/positive. Don't even try to move your mood for now, just practice the awareness of the thought ---> feeling connection.

EaseAndFlow
    Quote Originally Posted by FallenAngel View Post
    This is a cornerstone in the teachings, so you have to make the connection in order to deliberately create. You can do it. It's just a matter of paying attention and practice. But if you don't pay attention to which thoughts are producing at least generally positive or generally negative feelings, you're just reacting to conditions and you have no base for The Work. This is a foundation of the teachings.
    I know that so clearly. I've spent a lot of time lately trying to do my best with that. Thanks so much FA.

EaseAndFlow
    Quote Originally Posted by FallenAngel View Post
    In order for processes to be effective, you must develop sensitivity (awareness) of which thoughts feel bad to you and which thoughts feel good.
    I understand. Where I'm getting stuck is actually in the identifying what thoughts I'm actually thinking in this moment. I want to get to the place where I could say that this is true for me:

You know what you're thinking and you know the feelings those thoughts produce in you. So, if you pay a little attention to the thoughts that you're thinking and the emotions that you're feeling, you can make the connexion in a very short-order. This isn't any kind of analysis. It's just being honest and aware of what you're doing with your vibration. You can do that. You're a long-time Aber.
    But my second-guessing myself is not making it easier. I don't know I can do this (is that a discouraging thought?). Anyway, I understand that it's necessary to learn this connection before I can create my emotions in the way I really want to.