Page 2 of 122 FirstFirst 12345671252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Something wonderful happened today

Quote Originally Posted by Brisky121 View Post
    Here is my something wonderful that happened today. A guy I was supposed to have a date with tonight cancelled on me. Why is that wonderful, Brisky, you ask? Well, it is wonderful because it allows me to keep practicing feeling good no matter what. My happiness is not dependent on whether or not a date is kept or cancelled. I can use this as a way to keep my thoughts positive in spite of a let down. I'm not angry at him. As Abraham would say, he's off the hook because I make my own happiness. I'm going to do what feels good to me and anyone who wants to play will come out of the bushes.
    I always noted that if a guy didn't seem into me, he wasn't seeing my 'valuableness'! ~ He wasn't seeing all my good qualities, what made me beautiful, incomparable, loveable and fantastic~ and chances were good that he probably wouldn't ever see it to the extent that it should be seen by a guy I'm involved with!
    So good riddance. He wasn't the guy for me!! By this time, I can see that I was right~ the guys who didn't work out, they were doing me a favor by showing me that things weren't working out between us! They were showing me that something BETTER was out there for me, and I shouldn't stop with them, but keep on having fun and keep moving forward in my life~ the best guy for me would catch up with me as I went on downstream!
    He did!!
    You want a guy who is eager to get to you, will cheerfully travel miles, through any trouble, just to be with you~ one you feel the same way about!
    Well, he's out there. You know he's out there!
    This kind of occurrence of a guy not showing up is just the winnowing-out process. It shows you when you're aligned with your ideal date or mate, it shows when you weren't feelin' it completely with a guy (no matter how lonely we get there is a part of us that knows when someone is really lighting our fire, and when we're just 'settling'!)
    I bet if you look back over your feelings about him before this incident, you'd notice that you probably had some un-aligned feelings about him. You weren't totally sold on him. Like, if you had options of a few really great guys to choose from, this guy wouldn't actually make the cut.
    That's always been my experience, anyway. When I look back on something that didn't go well, I usually can pick up that vibrational thought that went, "Maybe I want something better/different/not this."
    So, yeah, I agree with you TOTALLY!! This was like driftwood to you of the REAL THING, out there waiting your vibrational alignment! This is just orienting you in the Better direction! It's like hitting the pause button on your romantic life, letting you get a better grip on what you REALLY want. Even if it turns out that this guy had a great reason for standing you up, and you two get together, you have this opp to soothe yourself back into good feelings, relax into the downstream current, and float right to your dream guy!

You are right, Christine. I desire the guy who is eager to have me. And I do know he is out there! I am so excited to meet him. It's going to be so much fun when the rendezvous occurs. But I am having fun along the way. I meet many guys because I use a dating site. We talk at first, then we meet. Some I keep talking to, others simply go away. And yes, I did have some un-aligned feelings about this one. While he had many qualities I did like, there were others qualities that were off-ish to me. We had been out together a few times already and I did enjoy his company but the eagerness to be with me wasn't very much there. I'm calling for NEXT! Hehehehe. I love the men the Universe brings to me though. Even if it is not "the one" yet, I know I am getting closer.
    My experience has been that if they cancel a date, I do not hear from them again. I am not expecting us to get together again. But do you know what is great? I'm okay with that. It does not matter. I know I have wonderful value. I know that because of my wonderful value, the Universe will bring me a guy equally wonderful. The old me (before I found Abe) would have been in tears over this but I have done nothing but smile and watch Abe videos this evening. I feel good. Besides, the planet is abundant with great men. One will be along shortly.
    I am thankful when they don't work out. I am not interested in spending my energy on one who is not right for me. I desire the one who will be more and more present in my life.
    "Nevermind what is. Imagine it the way you want it to be so that your vibration is a match to your desire. When your vibration is a match to your desire, all things in your experience will gravitate to meet that match every time."-AH

Quote Originally Posted by christineepiphany View Post
    I always noted that if a guy didn't seem into me, he wasn't seeing my 'valuableness'! ~ He wasn't seeing all my good qualities, what made me beautiful, incomparable, loveable and fantastic~ and chances were good that he probably wouldn't ever see it to the extent that it should be seen by a guy I'm involved with!
    So good riddance. He wasn't the guy for me!! By this time, I can see that I was right~ the guys who didn't work out, they were doing me a favor by showing me that things weren't working out between us! They were showing me that something BETTER was out there for me, and I shouldn't stop with them, but keep on having fun and keep moving forward in my life~ the best guy for me would catch up with me as I went on downstream!
    He did!!
    You want a guy who is eager to get to you, will cheerfully travel miles, through any trouble, just to be with you~ one you feel the same way about!
    Well, he's out there. You know he's out there!
    This kind of occurrence of a guy not showing up is just the winnowing-out process. It shows you when you're aligned with your ideal date or mate, it shows when you weren't feelin' it completely with a guy (no matter how lonely we get there is a part of us that knows when someone is really lighting our fire, and when we're just 'settling'!)
    I bet if you look back over your feelings about him before this incident, you'd notice that you probably had some un-aligned feelings about him. You weren't totally sold on him. Like, if you had options of a few really great guys to choose from, this guy wouldn't actually make the cut.
    That's always been my experience, anyway. When I look back on something that didn't go well, I usually can pick up that vibrational thought that went, "Maybe I want something better/different/not this."
    So, yeah, I agree with you TOTALLY!! This was like driftwood to you of the REAL THING, out there waiting your vibrational alignment! This is just orienting you in the Better direction! It's like hitting the pause button on your romantic life, letting you get a better grip on what you REALLY want. Even if it turns out that this guy had a great reason for standing you up, and you two get together, you have this opp to soothe yourself back into good feelings, relax into the downstream current, and float right to your dream guy!
    Last edited by Brisky121; 04-03-2015 at 06:42 PM. Reason: outside URL's not permitted to post.

wow!!! perfectly said christineepiphany
    i have had this experience (alot lol, hahaha) and you have said exactly the thoughts and feelings i have had!
    love it
    thank you so much!!!
    xxxxx

I love this thread you guys!
    I'm so excited for you Brisky.. how wonderful that you are aligning with the perfect guy for you..and thanks Christine for sharing the great advice.

I love waking up and expecting good things. I love remembering to stay in alignment with all the good in life. The more I love and appreciate myself and life and others..whatever I possibly can.. the more I see just how magical our alignment is and the it just gets easier to keep my alignment. :-)

I've had so many wonderful surprises and delights today mostly in the form of amazing guidance..
    like I"ll get thoughts.. don't buy the zuchinni at this store go to the other one..and I didn't want to have to go to two stores..but it's gotten to the point that i just trust what I get.. so I went.. and it turns out it was so much better at the other store. lol

sounds silly.. yeah.. but it was cool

and I got many wonderful looks of appreciation today.. felt awesome.

oh.. the other one.. something told me to stop by my folk's place. I wondered why I got this intuition..as I tend to do best keeping to my own business... still I trusted my guidance.. I didn't realize they weren't going to be home! So it ended up being a perfect time for me to stop in and drop off some surprise Easter Lilies for them without having to do a full blown visit.
    and then it turned out my brother's dogs were there.. I've always wanted to hang out with them.. so that was a blast!

One other fun thing.. when I first saw a pic of one of the puppies.. it was so adorable that I had to say.."MERCY ME!"
    well.. it turns out that is the dog's name!! no kidding! Mercy..and then Me stands for something I forget what.. but that really is her name!

I had so much vortex fun hanging out with them..so cool. And then they all came home for a little bit.. and we had a very lovely brief visit.. So vortexy!

oh..last wonderful gift of the day.. fabulous meditations and amazing driftwood.. you know those moments where you just know it is done and you are so close it is actually happening NOW NOW NOW?!!! YEP! That was the best part of the day, I must say!

Thanks for this lovely thread!

oh, I forgot to mention one other really good one..
    this morning I was also suddenly inspired to do my cooking way ahead of time. I wondered why..but it felt good so I just did it...well, it turns out that there was a cook coming to the house this afternoon to use the kitchen all day.. so it was perfect that I did that!
    and now the sink is clogged so I couldn't have used it tonight either! lol
    now it is being fixed.. yay!
    so fun to remember all these lovely happenings and feel my clarity and contentment before bedtime

You are right, Christine. I desire the guy who is eager to have me. And I do know he is out there! I am so excited to meet him. It's going to be so much fun when the rendezvous occurs. But I am having fun along the way.
    To tell you the truth, I didn't have a whole lot of REAL fun, when I was single~ not to the extent that I knew I was capable of. I mean, I TOTALLY enjoy life, with great zest and enthusiasm, when I'm enjoying it to full capacity! And I knew I was only loving my life to a gentle extent.
    Truth is, I always felt like I was missing out by not having a mate to share this amazing thing called 'life' with~ whenever life was at its most beautiful or most romantic, I would be mildly but integrally depressed because I didn't have a special someone to share it with.
    I tried to get rid of that general feeling, since I figured it was getting in my way, not to totally LOVE my life as it was (Abe always says you need to be 'satisfied with what is'), but I couldn't shake that feeling, and fighting that just made for a mass of resistant energy around the subject!
    I ended up just accepting it (my deep desire was to share life with a great guy, and nothing could get that desire out of my system enough to make singledom a happy thing to me, though I did keep my focus on happy thoughts as much as I could)~ and the accepting of my honest feelings and the getting ok with the thought that maybe I'd never ever ever get this ideal mate, turned out to be releasing resistance enough to let the dream guy come to me.
    I meet many guys because I use a dating site. We talk at first, then we meet. Some I keep talking to, others simply go away. And yes, I did have some un-aligned feelings about this one.
    I remember after dating a very nice guy thinking, "yeah, but I don't KNOW him~ I wish I could have a guy who I have some history with, already!" It was only a few weeks later that Bill started being constantly in my thoughts, though I really believed A) I would never see him again and might not be able to find him
    And B) he was probably happily married and raising the Waltons in the countryside somewhere!
    When we got together, though, I remembered wishing for someone I had a history with~ he fits that description perfectly, since we not only knew each other as teenagers, our families come from the same area of Kentucky!
    While he had many qualities I did like, there were others qualities that were off-ish to me. We had been out together a few times already and I did enjoy his company but the eagerness to be with me wasn't very much there. I'm calling for NEXT!

I am thankful when they don't work out. I am not interested in spending my energy on one who is not right for me. I desire the one who will be more and more present in my life.
    That's right, you got the right idea when you talk about it like that! As a co-creative human being, you have intrinsic, singular value~ each one of us is a different facet of Source, all as important as the other, and every one of us incomparable in the grand scheme of things. You're an irreplaceable facet of Source expanding here on Earth, and you can have what you desire within that Design!

My wonderful things that happened today: I had a great day at work, actually brought to happy tears at one point, during a beautiful moment. My director showed great kindness towards all of us on the team. I found more evidence that my mindset about money is opening up to wealth.
    At the end of the day, I was happy but glad to be off my feet. My husband found out I was out of chocolate and that I was planning to run to the store to get some for myself~ he knew I was tired, and felt better sitting down after an energetic day, so he went to the store and got the chocolate for me!
    That's the kind of thing that I love about being married! He's there for me to share my life with, often eagerly seeing my view of things, and sharing it all with me. Also helping me in generous ways that I can only hope I give back to him!
    If I had settled for mooning after some guy who didn't want me that much, I might not have ever cleaned up my vibration enough to attract my ideal mate. I might still be vibrating this whole, "will he call, will he live up to my desires, will he love me, can he appreciate me for who I am, blah blah blah" and wasting a lot of brain cells on that unhappy kind of thinking/feeling.
    A person can do that whether they're single or married, actually, and I want to remember that it's MY job to make myself happy~ not his, no one's but mine. Compatibility and love with a mate can go a long way toward making my life a pleasure, but it's still ultimately my job to keep myself happy.
    It's also my job to respect myself, appreciate myself, love myself, celebrate myself, and live my life in a way that will make me happy. Others will follow my vibration.
    You're all just holograms in my vibratin' world!!!!

Thanks for the kind words, W+B and treelotus!

Wow. Okay. I had to read this like twelve times over because it's so true. Every single word had me going, "that's me. That's how I feel." I do feel like I am missing out by not having a mate, especially when everyone else does and I do try to get rid of that lonely feeling by trying to be satisfied with what is for now. I try to have fun in my moment by dating with no expectations. I go out and I enjoy the company, the conversation and the socializing. But ultimately, a life mate is what I desire. Abraham teaches us to reach for the thought that feels better and to imagine how it would feel to have what you desire in your life. I asked myself tonight how I really felt about him calling off our date. My answer was that I felt relief. And then I thought more about it. The past few days I had begun too much efforting and I went upstream instead of down. I had been feeling that something was off but I wanted to ignore it. But now I feel relief over it because I have avoided chasing after what was not right for me.
    I have many people tell me to accept my singleness and to accept that perhaps I will always be single but dang, my desire for a mate is just so great. Maybe I need to do what you did. I've been trying to find the general place of not wanting a mate. I've been single four years now and I have spent the past four years trying to attract a mate one way or another. It's how I found Abraham's teachings. Still, my mate is out there and he is so wonderful. I can feel how wonderful he is. My resistance is in believing that I am worthy of this wonderful lover. I have to work on that.

How nice of your husband to get you chocolates. Any man who brings home chocolates is a definite keeper I am very happy for you that you manifested your true love. I love reading those love stories. I like to see myself in those stories and how it would feel if that were me and my mate. I think it would feel lovely to have my mate bring me chocolates. It must be so wonderful to be loved.

To tell you the truth, I didn't have a whole lot of REAL fun, when I was single~ not to the extent that I knew I was capable of. I mean, I TOTALLY enjoy life, with great zest and enthusiasm, when I'm enjoying it to full capacity! And I knew I was only loving my life to a gentle extent.
    Truth is, I always felt like I was missing out by not having a mate to share this amazing thing called 'life' with~ whenever life was at its most beautiful or most romantic, I would be mildly but integrally depressed because I didn't have a special someone to share it with.
    I tried to get rid of that general feeling, since I figured it was getting in my way, not to totally LOVE my life as it was (Abe always says you need to be 'satisfied with what is'), but I couldn't shake that feeling, and fighting that just made for a mass of resistant energy around the subject!
    I ended up just accepting it (my deep desire was to share life with a great guy, and nothing could get that desire out of my system enough to make singledom a happy thing to me, though I did keep my focus on happy thoughts as much as I could)~ and the accepting of my honest feelings and the getting ok with the thought that maybe I'd never ever ever get this ideal mate, turned out to be releasing resistance enough to let the dream guy come to me.

I remember after dating a very nice guy thinking, "yeah, but I don't KNOW him~ I wish I could have a guy who I have some history with, already!" It was only a few weeks later that Bill started being constantly in my thoughts, though I really believed A) I would never see him again and might not be able to find him
    And B) he was probably happily married and raising the Waltons in the countryside somewhere!
    When we got together, though, I remembered wishing for someone I had a history with~ he fits that description perfectly, since we not only knew each other as teenagers, our families come from the same area of Kentucky!

That's right, you got the right idea when you talk about it like that! As a co-creative human being, you have intrinsic, singular value~ each one of us is a different facet of Source, all as important as the other, and every one of us incomparable in the grand scheme of things. You're an irreplaceable facet of Source expanding here on Earth, and you can have what you desire within that Design!

My wonderful things that happened today: I had a great day at work, actually brought to happy tears at one point, during a beautiful moment. My director showed great kindness towards all of us on the team. I found more evidence that my mindset about money is opening up to wealth.
    At the end of the day, I was happy but glad to be off my feet. My husband found out I was out of chocolate and that I was planning to run to the store to get some for myself~ he knew I was tired, and felt better sitting down after an energetic day, so he went to the store and got the chocolate for me!
    That's the kind of thing that I love about being married! He's there for me to share my life with, often eagerly seeing my view of things, and sharing it all with me. Also helping me in generous ways that I can only hope I give back to him!
    If I had settled for mooning after some guy who didn't want me that much, I might not have ever cleaned up my vibration enough to attract my ideal mate. I might still be vibrating this whole, "will he call, will he live up to my desires, will he love me, can he appreciate me for who I am, blah blah blah" and wasting a lot of brain cells on that unhappy kind of thinking/feeling.
    A person can do that whether they're single or married, actually, and I want to remember that it's MY job to make myself happy~ not his, no one's but mine. Compatibility and love with a mate can go a long way toward making my life a pleasure, but it's still ultimately my job to keep myself happy.
    It's also my job to respect myself, appreciate myself, love myself, celebrate myself, and live my life in a way that will make me happy. Others will follow my vibration.
    You're all just holograms in my vibratin' world!!!!

Wow. Okay. I had to read this like twelve times over because it's so true. Every single word had me going, "that's me. That's how I feel." I do feel like I am missing out by not having a mate, especially when everyone else does and I do try to get rid of that lonely feeling by trying to be satisfied with what is for now. I try to have fun in my moment by dating with no expectations. I go out and I enjoy the company, the conversation and the socializing. But ultimately, a life mate is what I desire. Abraham teaches us to reach for the thought that feels better and to imagine how it would feel to have what you desire in your life.
    There is a fine line in there to find, between dwelling on unhappy feelings (especially with dwelling on them and at the same time not resolving them or letting them go) and of happy-face-stickering things for yourself. You don't want to do either of those, you want the happifying, get-there-from-where-you-ARE middle ground between resistances.
    I was trying so hard to be happy with my life as it was, when I was totally NOT completely happy with it as it was! But there were plenty of moments in the day when I was happy~ I just couldn't tell myself with any honesty that I didn't have this big desire to have a mate and that I was satisfied with my life as a single woman. I wasn't. I was single for over a decade before I finally released resistance around it by the one-two punch of being honest with myself about my dissatisfaction and then facing my fear of the possibility that it might not ever change for me and getting ok with that. I figured Source could help me make a happy life by going around that area of unhappiness~ there are other areas of life besides the area of romantic relationships, and I could be happy with what I had in those other areas, and just suck it up on the area of being single.
    I could choose to view the happy areas of my life as being more important than the one or two unhappy areas. I could stop fighting it all~ stop fighting my desire for a mate, stop fighting my feelings about not having a mate, stop fighting my fear of the possibility that I might not ever get a mate.
    I have many people tell me to accept my singleness and to accept that perhaps I will always be single but dang, my desire for a mate is just so great. Maybe I need to do what you did.
    Abe said that once you have a desire, there's no sense in trying to shake it off. It's there and it's probably not going anywhere. Some desires change or fade away, but for the most part, once you have a desire, it's there, and that's a GOOD thing, a flow of LIFE energy expanding in you! You can say you don't have the desire, you can try to detach from desiring it, but the fact remains that you have this gorgeous life-force going through you of this desire, at least for the time being.
    Getting to the point where you can allow yourself the desire and allow it to manifest (as a feeling-place to enjoy and as a physical reality to enjoy) is the goal, the inner work that you want to practice getting to!
    Your desires are meant to be manifested with ease~ I love thinking about that!
    Still, my mate is out there and he is so wonderful. I can feel how wonderful he is.
    Yes he is. And your story will be fantastic, satisfying and uniquely suited to you and your lovely, allowing vibration!
    My resistance is in believing that I am worthy of this wonderful lover. I have to work on that.
    It must be so wonderful to be loved.
    It starts with learning to love yourself~ in your thoughts, kindness toward yourself. In your observations, approval of yourself. In your summations, forgiveness of yourself. In your plans, trust in yourself and your Source working together to bring you the BEST the universe has to offer you.

Yes. Exactly what you said. This is how I feel. I never knew how to put it properly into words but this is it. While I am okay on my own, I am not fully happy being single. I really feel meant to be with someone. And I do have many happy moments in my life. But I also happy sticker face other moments. Although I feel very strongly about someone just for me, I perhaps need to accept it may never happen. I'll have a good cry and get it all out then start refreshed. But, I want this to be a happy thread in which we can all share our something wonderful that happened today. So, here is mine: I love motorcycles. I just love to ride. I love that feeling of being in the wind. I do not have my own motorcycle though but I was able to go for a ride on the back of one today. It was so much fun and I had a really good time. And right now, I'm getting an impulse feeling to take my pup the doggie park. Weird but I'm working on listening to my impulses. Well, I'll be back later then. What wonderful thing has happened with you today?

There is a fine line in there to find, between dwelling on unhappy feelings (especially with dwelling on them and at the same time not resolving them or letting them go) and of happy-face-stickering things for yourself. You don't want to do either of those, you want the happifying, get-there-from-where-you-ARE middle ground between resistances.
    I was trying so hard to be happy with my life as it was, when I was totally NOT completely happy with it as it was! But there were plenty of moments in the day when I was happy~ I just couldn't tell myself with any honesty that I didn't have this big desire to have a mate and that I was satisfied with my life as a single woman. I wasn't. I was single for over a decade before I finally released resistance around it by the one-two punch of being honest with myself about my dissatisfaction and then facing my fear of the possibility that it might not ever change for me and getting ok with that. I figured Source could help me make a happy life by going around that area of unhappiness~ there are other areas of life besides the area of romantic relationships, and I could be happy with what I had in those other areas, and just suck it up on the area of being single.
    I could choose to view the happy areas of my life as being more important than the one or two unhappy areas. I could stop fighting it all~ stop fighting my desire for a mate, stop fighting my feelings about not having a mate, stop fighting my fear of the possibility that I might not ever get a mate.

Abe said that once you have a desire, there's no sense in trying to shake it off. It's there and it's probably not going anywhere. Some desires change or fade away, but for the most part, once you have a desire, it's there, and that's a GOOD thing, a flow of LIFE energy expanding in you! You can say you don't have the desire, you can try to detach from desiring it, but the fact remains that you have this gorgeous life-force going through you of this desire, at least for the time being.
    Getting to the point where you can allow yourself the desire and allow it to manifest (as a feeling-place to enjoy and as a physical reality to enjoy) is the goal, the inner work that you want to practice getting to!
    Your desires are meant to be manifested with ease~ I love thinking about that!

Yes he is. And your story will be fantastic, satisfying and uniquely suited to you and your lovely, allowing vibration!

It starts with learning to love yourself~ in your thoughts, kindness toward yourself. In your observations, approval of yourself. In your summations, forgiveness of yourself. In your plans, trust in yourself and your Source working together to bring you the BEST the universe has to offer you.