Page 35 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2530313233343536373839404585135 ... LastLast

Thread: Something wonderful happened today

Picturetheory, I have a journal too (with a hot pink cover, lol, right on!) and in it, I have wrote "my story". The way I imagine it to be. All the wonderful, feel good moments of appreciations to soak up. I have not opened my journal in about two months now. Maybe I will give it a look and see where I am now. Have I manifested anything and not yet realized it? It will be fun to discover.

Something wonderful happened today: I said no to someone. Well why is this wonderful, you ask? Because I have always been a people pleaser. I'd feel incredible guilt over saying no, or not doing something for someone when asked, or sometimes out of a fear they may not like me if I didn't go along with things, even when it made me uneasy, and then, of course, I'd feel bad anyways, so I never really won. Well, tonight I said no and I stood my ground on it, and I feel great about it. Someone wanted me to do something I was not okay with doing. I said no with a firm reason. They said they understand, thanked me for being straight forward. Then they said good-bye and left. I tell you, I lived many years as a door mat and I allowed many people to walk all over me all because I was afraid of them not liking me. Since beginning Abraham's teachings I have learned that other people's opinions have no effect on my life; only my opinion of myself does. Only I am responsible for my happiness, not them. Therefore, if they don't like me, it does not matter. I am happy either way. So, I said no. They were okay with that and all ended well. And best of all, I feel GREAT for saying no and not being a pushover. No guilt in saying no whatsoever. Ahhhhh!

Brisky.. I am so pleased to hear about your alignment with giving up the doormat thing!!!!!! YAY!!!!!
    And Picturetheory.. I LOVE your new story!!!
    It's wonderful to read all these great happenings!!!
    I have been having wonderful evidence of alignment..it feels so very very good... and like Hitc said.. not being in alignment too.. it's such a joy to realize that you're happy when you notice when you "got it wrong" haha.. I don't have the right words for it.. as I know it only gets better and better.. but this is a truly wonderful realization!!!

Something wonderful happened..yesterday, lol. I was just too tired to write about it by the time I got home last night. Yesterday we had a party to celebrate my middle child's graduation from high school. We enjoyed the company of friends and family. We had delicious food and lots of laughs. Although it looked like rain for most of the day, the rain stayed away and we sat outside surrounded by all the beauty of nature. We live in a rural farming area. My family owns several acres of farm and pasture land. I rendezvoused with some of the animals on the farm. I played with the family pit bull. I petted the barn cats. I frolicked in the field with the goats. I gave love to the cows. I love the company of all the different creatures. We took our bows to the pasture and we did some shooting. We lost a few arrows in the tall grass but still fun. Then we took an exploratory nature walk down into the pasture. There's a creek that runs through the property. We splashed in the water and even crossed paths with a beautiful red deer. I love nature. Today I think we will go to one of my favorite local state parks. It has gorgeous views and lots of nice trails to walk on. I love where I live.

Hey Everyone

Just a quick drive by....I haven't read any of the wonderful happenings in the last week, but I will go back when I have a chance.

Just a shout out to everyone..My life has been a blur lately...Especially at work...However at home crazy great things are happening. I'm still focusing on the fun and ease of my life, and wonderful rendezvous and synchronicities and a new cell phone have pleasently come into my experience....

Just wanted to say hey....love to all of you

Glad to hear you're well, Lynnie!

When I woke up this morning, it was the first time I've felt truly ITV and invincible. I'm not sure when I turned the corner, but everything feels so easy and certain, it's amazing!

Hi Brisky! I loved hearing about your excursion!
    Lynnie! So nice to see your loveliness and sweet about your synchronicities and new phone!
    Picture Theory.. so nice to hear you are ITV! I'm sure you will continue to have more of that!
    I am here to bask in my extremely vortexy moments lately.. they feel ... I guess I would say... self created and so generously given to me.. it is the most wonderful feeling. I noticed many positive changes happening...some specifics I have asked for completely lining up for me!!!! YES YES YES!!!!
    So much love to everyone!!!

Today has been wonderful. I have huge love for walking, hiking, exploring and being out in nature. I visited two local parks today that had trails. I spent my day so much in my vortex. I was happy. I felt good. Everything was just so good. I loved every minute of it. I hope the Universe soon brings me a nice man to share my love of hiking. Until then, I will continue to enjoy it myself.
    (PS, can someone tell me how to upload photos? I'd really love to share few if I could...)

Quote Originally Posted by Brisky121 View Post
    (PS, can someone tell me how to upload photos? I'd really love to share few if I could...)
    Because the Abe Forum is a discussion forum, we have a policy that limits what images may posted and where. Here's a good summary of why we've adopted this policy:

AbeForum Policy on the Posting of Images

In order to have a thread that is on topic for discussion and not overloaded with images that take the thread over, our policy on image posting must be that the image be related to the topic of the thread closely.

The image you post in a forum OTHER than this one, needs to add substance and information to the subject of the thread so that the thread is easier and faster to read with less scrolling. I am asking that pictures posted other than in this forum be especially on topic.

There is no limit on posting of pictures here in this NEW forum for vortexy photos, only that they ALL BE FREE OF URL's in them. I know that many have been posted with URL's them, but please do not post new ones anywhere as of now, as they may well be deleted.

The old forum named "Resources for Forum Members" is gone now and I moved all the content there into Resource Pages and Posting Guidelines. This creates a nice new space for the "Love of Vortexy Images" forum to handle all the images that are posted that are fun to look at and may not necessarily be tied to Abraham Teachings.

I did a quick search of the forum to find threads that belong here. You can suggest more of them be moved, just post the URL in reply and I will move it.

We have a place for it all now.

Let me lay out my “take” on this new policy, being an image-poster myself:

Here at the Forum, one of the reasons it’s such a GOOD forum is that we, the Admin/Mod crew and David from the start ( as this Forum is his baby) are willing to do things to keep it aligned with a very high-quality vision, even when those things we do might ruffle a few feathers.

When I was in my pre-teens, I remember walking out into the backyard to discover my grandfather, who was visiting, heartlessly pruning the luxuriant forsythia bush. And I just freaked! I was enraged, in tears, pulled on his arm, screamed for my mother, and couldn’t see any way he could justify cutting off the branches of a beautiful plant that was doing just fine on its own, and doing the murderous chopping to suit the preferences of some crotchety, cruel, unnatural human. I didn’t understand the principle, or value, of pruning.

We could let the Forum just slither down into the world of ordinary forums, where flaming and spammers and trolls and irrelevant comments and images thrive. But we won't. And we don't.

Our choice to limit the use of photos on most of the sub-forums could be compared with, say, cooking practices. The new arrival at the restaurant kitchens points out how much electricity and time could be saved if they started microwaving most of the dishes. And the head chef refuses and insists they be baked in the oven for however long it takes to get the desired result, because the flavor is better and s/he believes that the microwave diminishes the soul of the dish.

Images can be very helpful for illustrating or expanding on a principle in a discussion. But they can also be used as a way of “tossing in a witty remark” or “quipping” that can be distracting and, even though it seems totally pertinent to you, it still detracts from the focus of the discussion.

Let’s say someone just posted that they feel they’ve leapt forward in their understanding of how to find a better-feeling thought. You, in your desire to support and congratulate them, go online/to a photo bucket/whatever your source, and do a search, and do a download/upload, and post an icanhazcheezburger shot of a kitten flying through the air with some funny leap-related remark embedded in the image. You think, “A leap…get it? Haha!” Now that “comment” becomes much more than a member’s thoughts on the subject. Now the discussion contains, for you and the others on the thread….. leaping kittens. Wow, that looks like my sister’s cat. Or is it a thrown kitten? Oh, gee, animal cruelty…that reminds me of that flying kitten video, those kitties in capes, I bet that guy threw those kittens himself…. And that reminds me of that other icanhazcheezburger image I saw, I could post that and piggyback on that funny kitten image there, another animal shot, this time it’s a bulldog leaping for a Frisbee….oh, we’ve got an animal theme going now! Cool! How about finding one with leaping lizards!

So you, and perhaps others, start leaving the thread for a while to search images. Post them. Or just focus on the image and let the thoughts flow... and a myriad of other, subtle topics have come into play.

You would never even consider congratulating the person who’s had a leap in understanding by typing, “Imagine a kitten flying through the air, frozen there, legs splayed and eyes wide, and underneath the kitten it says, ‘OK, you can press play now!’ Hahahahahaaaaa!” Yet you might not hesitate to leave the thread to find and post that very image, and it’s just as distracting!

What Abraham say to hotseaters, who insert conversational detours when Abe are honing in on a reply, is, “Here’s the thing about focus…” Focus is a primordial concept in putting the Teachings into practice. And focus is something that is challenged on a daily basis in our fast-paced, text-while-driving, email-at-the-dinner-table, 600-cable-channels world. Why do you think Abraham recommend less TV? Less time on email? Quiet time with your thoughts? Being deliberate in paying attention to how you feel throughout the day? It's about focus.

You may feel that the image captures what you want to say, but many times (not all the time, but many times, that’s what we’re clearly saying here), it simply diffuses your focus and the focus of the discussion by drawing in all these subtle shifts of focus, all these other thoughtway deflections, and serves as a focus splatterer. Why not just type “I’m so thrilled for you! Congratulations! I remember how great that leap felt to me when the lightbulb went off last year…” and stay PRESENT in the discussion? Focused on what’s taking place on the thread, what the person wrote? Rather than leaving to do an image search that leads to a focus-splatter?

But we also very much know that pictures trigger good feelings, lead you and others to smile (hopefully), convey feelings of wealth, etc. and we totally, totally get that and support that. So there’s a PLACE for that in the new sub-forum. And we’re not precluding photos in other sub-forums. Just think before you post a photo and make sure it enhances the discussion in a very real way. Make sure it is relevant to the topic of the thread. And give consideration to using words instead of images. Old-fashioned, yes, but it keeps you focused.

Remember, I’m the biggest image-poster on the Moderator team, OK? I like posting the GPS image of Phoenix to San Diego because it’s a great reminder of how the EGS works and the Abe analogy. The finger tracing a groove in the sand to illustrate Abraham’s “thought pathways” analogy. Posting the covers of Abe books. I post quippy images on TonyCat’s threads. So this policy affects me, too. We’re saying, Think before you post an image, and make sure the image is a highly relevant contribution to the discussion and/or enhances an actual act of practicing the Teachings.

As for URLs in images, they’ve always been disallowed per the guidelines (you've read them, haven't you?). They’re just more common now, so it seems like a greater "injustice." Yes, all those image sites have gotten clever and realized that their stuff is being used right and left on forums, and therefore could be used as a vehicle for copyright assertion and advertising!! Smart cookies!! But we’re not an advertising medium here. So if you can’t Photoshop out the URL or find a photo without one (and how many minutes of non-focus does that lead to???? All for the sake of putting up a photo, for heaven’s sake???), don’t put it up. If you do, and we see it, it will get zapped.

Again, this is my own interpretation of the policy, and this policy will curtail some of my own photo posting. Yet I am one of its proponents!! Yet I feel your pain! So my ONLY JOB is to find a way to feel better, now.

We’re all in this together!!!

So a good question to be asking yourself right now is Why do you want to be posting photos? Is it for our validation? Is your own validation not enough? Is it so that you can observe us "Ooo!" and "Ahhh!" over your photos because observing our re-action is more important than the milking and celebration that you can do for yourself?

Finally, to answer your question, you simply copy and paste (using your browser built-in functions) your photo into the editing window here, just like you would text, if you had composed a long reply on a separate text editing app (like Word or Notepad). Please do not link your photo to any external sites. You can check if a photo is linked rather than pasted, or "embedded" as David said in his policy, by clicking on the Go Advanced button (below the Quick Reply window) and then in Post Preview (below the Reply window on the Advanced Editing page), clicking or tapping (depending on your device) on your photo in Preview mode. If your photo is properly pasted, your browser should do nothing. But if your browser, opens another tab or takes you to another site or returns an error message, then you probably have linked your photo rather than pasted it into your post.

Please do double-check that your photos comply with the intent and spirit posted above and that you've pasted your photo properly, as it's the Moderators' practise to simply remove a non-compliant photo (leaving a tidy little note as to our edit).

If you have further questions, please feel free to PM any Moderator or open a thread in the
    Technical Questions sub-forum and you'll attract more assistance there.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    Because the Abe Forum is a discussion forum, we have a policy that limits what images may posted and where. Here's a good summary of why we've adopted this policy:

AbeForum Policy on the Posting of Images

In order to have a thread that is on topic for discussion and not overloaded with images that take the thread over, our policy on image posting must be that the image be related to the topic of the thread closely.

The image you post in a forum OTHER than this one, needs to add substance and information to the subject of the thread so that the thread is easier and faster to read with less scrolling. I am asking that pictures posted other than in this forum be especially on topic.

There is no limit on posting of pictures here in this NEW forum for vortexy photos, only that they ALL BE FREE OF URL's in them. I know that many have been posted with URL's them, but please do not post new ones anywhere as of now, as they may well be deleted.

The old forum named "Resources for Forum Members" is gone now and I moved all the content there into Resource Pages and Posting Guidelines. This creates a nice new space for the "Love of Vortexy Images" forum to handle all the images that are posted that are fun to look at and may not necessarily be tied to Abraham Teachings.

I did a quick search of the forum to find threads that belong here. You can suggest more of them be moved, just post the URL in reply and I will move it.

We have a place for it all now.

Let me lay out my “take” on this new policy, being an image-poster myself:

Here at the Forum, one of the reasons it’s such a GOOD forum is that we, the Admin/Mod crew and David from the start ( as this Forum is his baby) are willing to do things to keep it aligned with a very high-quality vision, even when those things we do might ruffle a few feathers.

When I was in my pre-teens, I remember walking out into the backyard to discover my grandfather, who was visiting, heartlessly pruning the luxuriant forsythia bush. And I just freaked! I was enraged, in tears, pulled on his arm, screamed for my mother, and couldn’t see any way he could justify cutting off the branches of a beautiful plant that was doing just fine on its own, and doing the murderous chopping to suit the preferences of some crotchety, cruel, unnatural human. I didn’t understand the principle, or value, of pruning.

We could let the Forum just slither down into the world of ordinary forums, where flaming and spammers and trolls and irrelevant comments and images thrive. But we won't. And we don't.

Our choice to limit the use of photos on most of the sub-forums could be compared with, say, cooking practices. The new arrival at the restaurant kitchens points out how much electricity and time could be saved if they started microwaving most of the dishes. And the head chef refuses and insists they be baked in the oven for however long it takes to get the desired result, because the flavor is better and s/he believes that the microwave diminishes the soul of the dish.

Images can be very helpful for illustrating or expanding on a principle in a discussion. But they can also be used as a way of “tossing in a witty remark” or “quipping” that can be distracting and, even though it seems totally pertinent to you, it still detracts from the focus of the discussion.

Let’s say someone just posted that they feel they’ve leapt forward in their understanding of how to find a better-feeling thought. You, in your desire to support and congratulate them, go online/to a photo bucket/whatever your source, and do a search, and do a download/upload, and post an icanhazcheezburger shot of a kitten flying through the air with some funny leap-related remark embedded in the image. You think, “A leap…get it? Haha!” Now that “comment” becomes much more than a member’s thoughts on the subject. Now the discussion contains, for you and the others on the thread….. leaping kittens. Wow, that looks like my sister’s cat. Or is it a thrown kitten? Oh, gee, animal cruelty…that reminds me of that flying kitten video, those kitties in capes, I bet that guy threw those kittens himself…. And that reminds me of that other icanhazcheezburger image I saw, I could post that and piggyback on that funny kitten image there, another animal shot, this time it’s a bulldog leaping for a Frisbee….oh, we’ve got an animal theme going now! Cool! How about finding one with leaping lizards!

So you, and perhaps others, start leaving the thread for a while to search images. Post them. Or just focus on the image and let the thoughts flow... and a myriad of other, subtle topics have come into play.

You would never even consider congratulating the person who’s had a leap in understanding by typing, “Imagine a kitten flying through the air, frozen there, legs splayed and eyes wide, and underneath the kitten it says, ‘OK, you can press play now!’ Hahahahahaaaaa!” Yet you might not hesitate to leave the thread to find and post that very image, and it’s just as distracting!

What Abraham say to hotseaters, who insert conversational detours when Abe are honing in on a reply, is, “Here’s the thing about focus…” Focus is a primordial concept in putting the Teachings into practice. And focus is something that is challenged on a daily basis in our fast-paced, text-while-driving, email-at-the-dinner-table, 600-cable-channels world. Why do you think Abraham recommend less TV? Less time on email? Quiet time with your thoughts? Being deliberate in paying attention to how you feel throughout the day? It's about focus.

You may feel that the image captures what you want to say, but many times (not all the time, but many times, that’s what we’re clearly saying here), it simply diffuses your focus and the focus of the discussion by drawing in all these subtle shifts of focus, all these other thoughtway deflections, and serves as a focus splatterer. Why not just type “I’m so thrilled for you! Congratulations! I remember how great that leap felt to me when the lightbulb went off last year…” and stay PRESENT in the discussion? Focused on what’s taking place on the thread, what the person wrote? Rather than leaving to do an image search that leads to a focus-splatter?

But we also very much know that pictures trigger good feelings, lead you and others to smile (hopefully), convey feelings of wealth, etc. and we totally, totally get that and support that. So there’s a PLACE for that in the new sub-forum. And we’re not precluding photos in other sub-forums. Just think before you post a photo and make sure it enhances the discussion in a very real way. Make sure it is relevant to the topic of the thread. And give consideration to using words instead of images. Old-fashioned, yes, but it keeps you focused.

Remember, I’m the biggest image-poster on the Moderator team, OK? I like posting the GPS image of Phoenix to San Diego because it’s a great reminder of how the EGS works and the Abe analogy. The finger tracing a groove in the sand to illustrate Abraham’s “thought pathways” analogy. Posting the covers of Abe books. I post quippy images on TonyCat’s threads. So this policy affects me, too. We’re saying, Think before you post an image, and make sure the image is a highly relevant contribution to the discussion and/or enhances an actual act of practicing the Teachings.

As for URLs in images, they’ve always been disallowed per the guidelines (you've read them, haven't you?). They’re just more common now, so it seems like a greater "injustice." Yes, all those image sites have gotten clever and realized that their stuff is being used right and left on forums, and therefore could be used as a vehicle for copyright assertion and advertising!! Smart cookies!! But we’re not an advertising medium here. So if you can’t Photoshop out the URL or find a photo without one (and how many minutes of non-focus does that lead to???? All for the sake of putting up a photo, for heaven’s sake???), don’t put it up. If you do, and we see it, it will get zapped.

Again, this is my own interpretation of the policy, and this policy will curtail some of my own photo posting. Yet I am one of its proponents!! Yet I feel your pain! So my ONLY JOB is to find a way to feel better, now.

We’re all in this together!!!

So a good question to be asking yourself right now is Why do you want to be posting photos? Is it for our validation? Is your own validation not enough? Is it so that you can observe us "Ooo!" and "Ahhh!" over your photos because observing our re-action is more important than the milking and celebration that you can do for yourself?

Finally, to answer your question, you simply copy and paste (using your browser built-in functions) your photo into the editing window here, just like you would text, if you had composed a long reply on a separate text editing app (like Word or Notepad). Please do not link your photo to any external sites. You can check if a photo is linked rather than pasted, or "embedded" as David said in his policy, by clicking on the Go Advanced button (below the Quick Reply window) and then in Post Preview (below the Reply window on the Advanced Editing page), clicking or tapping (depending on your device) on your photo in Preview mode. If your photo is properly pasted, your browser should do nothing. But if your browser, opens another tab or takes you to another site or returns an error message, then you probably have linked your photo rather than pasted it into your post.

Please do double-check that your photos comply with the intent and spirit posted above and that you've pasted your photo properly, as it's the Moderators' practise to simply remove a non-compliant photo (leaving a tidy little note as to our edit).

If you have further questions, please feel free to PM any Moderator or open a thread in the
    Technical Questions sub-forum and you'll attract more assistance there.

Hope that helps.
    Well, that was extremely informative, haha. Thank you, WB. I just thought it would be nice to share a few photos I took from my nature walk so I could share the beauty with everyone, but no big deal if I can't.