Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: AbeForum Policy on the Posting of Images

Exclamation AbeForum Policy on the Posting of Images

In order to have a thread that is on topic for discussion and not overloaded with images that take the thread over, our policy on image posting must be that the image be related to the topic of the thread closely.

The image you post in a forum OTHER than this one, needs to add substance and information to the subject of the thread so that the thread is easier and faster to read with less scrolling. I am asking that pictures posted other than in this forum be especially on topic.

There is no limit on posting of pictures here in this NEW forum for vortexy photos, only that they ALL BE FREE OF URL's in them. I know that many have been posted with URL's them, but please do not post new ones anywhere as of now, as they may well be deleted.

The old forum named "Resources for Forum Members" is gone now and I moved all the content there into Resource Pages and Posting Guidelines. This creates a nice new space for the "Love of Vortexy Images" forum to handle all the images that are posted that are fun to look at and may not necessarily be tied to Abraham Teachings.

I did a quick search of the forum to find threads that belong here. You can suggest more of them be moved, just post the URL in reply and I will move it.

We have a place for it all now.

i'm not gonna lie, i'm not sure what this means. is there a new forum with less pictures? or is it this forum that will be allowed fewer images?

All forums were getting overdone with images that did not relate to the initial topic for discussion. So this forum is created to be a place focused to images as a mainstay. A place for them in bulk is here and that includes the images threads that have been created over the years. I have only a few here to start with. New ones can go here as well. Hope that helps. This forum is a way to accomodate the heavy flow of images to the rest of the forum.

david

Mee too, I am not too sure I understand this. For exemple I express myself better with pictures than with words so often I put pictures to express what I mean. How one decide if a picture is related to a topic or not when the topic is very general such as the thread "Fun is" for exemple? I know that common sense is advised but still I'd love some clarification so that my pictures are on topic. Thank you

Posting guidlines state that we feel for the best feeling when posting a response on a thread. We are asking that folks use this same attitude when posting pictures. There is the tendency to jump, sometimes, when throwing a picture into a thread. Many times these do not really directly relate to the subject being discussed. They tend to pull peoples attention out of the thread instead of into the thread. The pictures are fun and funny, but distracting. I believe David is just creating a place where people can just post great pictures because the are great pictures that are uplifting in nature, but not distracting to a particular discussion that is in progress.

Bring your thoughts to the table on this. How often do you really stop and think about what you are about to post, whether text or picture? I think this is the point, to remind us all to stop, think & feel then post.

So this forum is a place to put all those fun, silly, inspiring pictures just for the fun of it.

David, Leslie, Marc, HTC please correct me if I have misinterpreted anything.

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    ...and Im completely mixed up, now! But it IS funny!!

Thank you for everything you do, David, and for this AMAZING wonderful Forum!!!!

is da house.......really David, genius

SLH

You are right, SLH. Simply put, if pictures are used in other forums, just make sure they are focused to adding directly to the topic. Otherwise, come here to play with pictures.