Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Making Peace with where you are -- It's all right

Making Peace with where you are -- It's all right

Making Peace with Where You Are - It's All Right

Abe: ...Let's find the other side of that. Let's find the softer side of "determination." Rather than say, "I'm determined to get there"--since you're not there--and we don't want you to be "determined to get there" because there's too much effort in the determined to get from where you are to some place else-- [To audience] We're out here on the Leading Edge.

So, what's a softer way? What's on the other end of that stick of Determination? Rather than "I'm determined to get some place else,'" what's on the other side of that?

HS [deeply exhales]: Relaxation.

Abe: Yes. It has to be OK where I am. That really is your only option. Can you hear it? It really is your only option. We've taken all of your other options away, one by one by one by one by one. "I'm determined. I'm going to make it happen."

No, no, no, no, no. You're not determined. You're not going to make it happen. You can't get there from there. So, what're you going to do? If you are where you don't want to be--Hear this!

If you're where you don't want to be and that you're determined you going to be somewhere else--and now we've taken that away--You can't get there from there. So you want to be some place other than where you are. [Emphatically] What is your only option? [Normal] What's your only option?

Where you are has got to be OK. You gotta Make Peace with where you are before you can get anywhere else. [Applause.]

And that's not the habit that you've been practising. Because you've been listening to others who've been saying, "Why are you there?...What do you think you're doing?" [Laughter] "Why did you do that?...Why didn't you do that better?...Why aren't you doing that better?"

It feels to you like there's a lot of emphasis on you not being in the right place, but you gotta make where you are the right place before you can get anywhere you'd prefer more.

This was so big. This was so big.

So, how can you make where you are the right place...for you? How can you perceive it as the right place? It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. They don't know. They don't even really care that much. [Fun] They really don't. They don't even really care that much. So, how can you make where you are the right place for you? [to HS] Give it some words.

HS: [Jumped all the way over to her Wanted.]

Abe: You're not helping. You're not helping at all. [HS and audience laughing.] That wasn't very good at all. You can do better than that. [HS inhales deeply] How can you make where you are all right? [Silence]

Isn't there a certain release in accepting where you are?

[to Audience] This conversation feels slow to you, but it's the biggest conversation that we've ever had with any of you, because, if LoA is (and it is) and if LoA is about momentum (and it is) and LoA says, "That which is like unto itself is drawn," then where you are is what is becoming more. So, isn't it important to be in a place where what is becoming more is what you want to become? You see what we're getting at?

So, if you want to be in a place that feels better than where you are and if where you are doesn't feel good, can you get there from there? You can't, can you? So what's the only thing that you can do? Well, you can go to sleep. That helps. That distracts you from it. And, when you wake up, you're going to kind of feel pretty much like you felt before. But, if every morning when you wake up, every time you come back into consciousness, if everytime that you think about it, your dominant intent is to find some vibrational state of being that you want to be perpetuated by LoA which will perpetuate it, then isn't 100% of your attention--or "effort" if you want to call it that--wouldn't it be prudent for you to let 100% of your attention in making where you are all right? So isn't that the dialogue that you want to start presenting to yourself?

So, if you were to say to yourself something like "I'm doing good," does that contradict your belief system in such a way that you can't even say those words? Or can you say, "I'm doing good"? [to Audience] We're asking all of you. If you were to say, "It's all right," can you say, "It's all right"? Or does that contradict your belief system so strong that you can't say, "That's all right" or "This is all right"? [Pause]

We're really getting to the core of what you're doing on a day-to-day basis, aren't we?

<snipped out a Rampage of "all right" specific to the HS>

So, if you're Making Peace with where you are, if you really accept that what-is is all right, [to HS] do you feel closer to it than you were before? [to Audience] You feel closer to it than you were before? [Audience agrees]

[Mockingly] "The most boring seminar I've ever been in my life: 'That's all right'." [Laughter] That's all right.

If you mean it when you say, "That's all right...That's all right...That's all right..." For something to be "all right," what does that mean? "It's all right," what does it mean? When you say, "That's all right," what do you mean?

HS: Can't get it wrong.

Abe: What else do you mean? Right here, right now, in this moment, if you say "It's all right," what does it mean? [answering for the HS, emphatically] "No action is required of me right now."

"It's all right. No action is required of me right now." If it's all right and no action is required, what does that mean? That means your PoA is a good PoA. That means that it's all right. What does it mean? What does it mean to you when you really know that it's all right and that there isn't anything that you need to do to justify or to prove or to change? If it's really all right, what's that mean about who you are and your PoA? What does that mean about you?

HS: I'm in a good place.

Abe: You're in a good place. And why are you in a good place? Because you're good. Because Well-Being is yours. Because you're worthy. Because the Well-Being is flowing to you. There isn't anything that you need to do to change that or to prove that or to justify that or to defend that. There isn't anything that you need to do. Just be that.

You feel closer to trusting? That your PoA now is going to bring to you what you are wanting? And, as you now watch--all of you--the results of this sort of shift in your awareness of what's required of you--

"Abraham, that doesn't make sense. You mean, I'm not supposed to do anything? I'm not supposed to better myself? I'm not supposed to change the world? I'm not supposed to fix things? I'm not supposed to improve?"

You're not "supposed to." You just can't help that. IOW, there's this inevitable, natural expansion. But what you could do is stop doing that stuff that you do that prevents the natural Well-Being from flowing to the worthiness that is you. Don't you feel different now? [to HS] Don't you feel different now? We want you to feel different now. 'Cuz it's all right. It's all right. [Big applause]

You are accustomed to justifying your existence through behaviour and this conversation that we just had was uncomfortable for you because sometimes you don't feel safe or trusting in just sitting and being a PoA of Well-Being. But you gotta get there. We want you to trust that Well-Being is yours. That's who you are.

--Abraham, Canary Island Cruise, October 2014

blumarine
    Thank you for sharing this. I struggle a lot with the issue of resisting where I am and wanting some place else. This reminder from Abe is very helpful.

Yes, "It's alright and it's all right" has been very helpful for me. There is another quote that's my favorite on this that I hope to rendezvous with soon.

The above quote was shared by WellBeing on the Canary Islands workshop thread.

Yes, another timely quote - exactly when I needed it. Thanks so much for sharing.

Wonderful quote!!

nice quote sunlover, I like remembering that even when I can't see how things are changing for my better, I know they are. it's like microscopic sometimes..........or degrees, like wellbeing reminded us one day. However, they are surely changing .We are always in transistion to our next best platform.

and the reason this is so is cos we are studying the teachings and they are working in our lives via LOA

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Thank you, Summerdream!

"Where You are at is alright
    because it is the beginning of where You are going."

Abraham Hicks

Thank you WellBeing!

"You are where you are
    and where you are is all right."

Abe

Guest:
    Actually, you know, I’m struggling with--

Abraham:
    Stop it!
    Don’t struggle anymore and don’t talk about it.
    Don’t talk about the struggle.
    You talk about the struggle, you keep the struggle active
    and the struggle goes on and on and on and on and on and ON.
    Get out.

SanDiego, August 2014

Sometimes what it takes-
    -it takes a desire to feel good,
    that sometimes is fostered in a stronger way
    by something that doesn't feel so good.

Anything that happens that makes you more determined
    to focus yourself into well-being is a helpful thing.

Long Beach, CA, 2-11-12