Thread: Is this forum for the promotion of Abe-Hicks Publication?

Is this forum for the promotion of Abe-Hicks Publication?

Why is it that this forum contains things that aren't Abe-related (such as ongoing talk about "driftwood") & somehow that's allowed as long as the mods can push a quote from Abe-Hicks Publications into the thread. Yet, when I post a link of Esther channeling Abe, I get my posts edited & I'm accused of various evils?

The only thing I can think of is that this forum has some (business?) agenda. I'm saying that because when I listen to Abe/Esther, I feel a totally "carefree" vibe. But when I'm reading what the mods write, I feel an uptight, "soup nazi"-ish vibe: kind of like, "you must contort your life story into material that can be had by Abe-Hicks Publications or else"-type of thing.

Either way, I really do enjoy reading stories & advice of the mods. But something seems a little strange about this forum & I can't figure it out....what is the actual purpose of this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by RichKing View Post
    ....what is the actual purpose of this forum?
    I understand that you're new to the Forum. Some of us who've been playing here for a while remember this Forum's beginnings as the Abraham Appreciators, a place where people could "come together" and share in their appreciation of Abraham and of J&E's work to bring us these teachings of Abraham. That spirit infuses this Forum even to this day. In fact, there's an active link (one of the few allowed on this Forum) to that old site.

As I said, we hold that spirit of appreciation dear to us and, as the tone-setters of this Forum, we ask that all members who participate here with us share that spirit as well. We also ask that each of us (including myself) share other intentions, all of which are clearly spelled out in the agreement that each one of us agrees to in order to participate on this Forum. These intentions are simple and straight-forward and, if you have any questions, our Moderator team (including myself) are here to answer those questions.

We have a very limited number of policies in place to set the tone of the discussions here and to maintain the narrow focus of this Forum. As I've mentioned, these policies are spelled out clearly to us, even before any of join as members here, so that our agreement to these policies can be voluntary and made with our full knowledge.

As a creator of your own reality, you can see "agendas" if you wish. As you know, that would be your story. If your story causes you discomfort--guidance--you can attend to that guidance and reach for a better-feeling story or not. But there is no hidden agenda here. We limit outside links to the official Abraham-Hicks Publications clips, because that material is their intellectual property and, as part of our appreciation of their work, we respect their intellectual property rights and how they wish to police them. As is stated in a few places on the Forum, this Forum is free-standing and is not affiliated with Abraham-Hicks Publications. Furthermore, it is hard for me to imagine that any site that is free and generates no revenue could have a "(business?) agenda." (A tangential answer to your question: we allow the talk of "driftwood" because that is a phrase coined here on this Forum. In much the same way that "Fred" has become a popular term here on the Forum but less so in the Workshops. "Driftwood" is a term that some of our members find useful in explaining these teachings. So, it's consistent with the intentions of this Forum.)

If you are having guidance when you read any posts here on this Forum, that's your guidance. As Abers, we know about the importance of our guidance and how to attend to it. You can tell yourself a story of "soup nazi"-ness or you can appreciate the focus that this Forum (and those who hold that focus) has to offer.

Since this thread seems to be a discussion of Moderators and Moderator actions, which are off-topic, I'm going to close this thread, having answered your posted questions. If you have more questions, please feel free to PM David or any of the Moderators (including myself). You can find a list of the Forum Moderators at the bottom of each sub-forum's home page.

Why is it that this forum contains things that aren't Abe-related (such as ongoing talk about "driftwood") &
    We talk about a lot of things, we're not limited to things that have been discussed in workshops. At the same time, we're definitely looking at things from an Abe/LOA perspective. It doesn't matter what the subject is, we're going to look at it through the lens of Abe.
    somehow that's allowed as long as the mods can push a quote from Abe-Hicks Publications into the thread. Yet, when I post a link of Esther channeling Abe, I get my posts edited & I'm accused of various evils?
    Yes, we've got a policy where the only links we permit are to either official Abraham-Hicks videos and sites -- after all, this is the ABEForum --and to our related AbrahamAppreciators site. We've set a very selective focus, and we're not wanting to veer off into different things, whether it's promotion or other un-related topics. The clearest, easiest way of doing that is to have a very clear, bright-line where we only allow links for those limited purposes. It's very similar to Abraham-Hicks Publications' request that people don't do any promotion or name lists, or anything in the workshops that dilutes the focus. That's really our guide -- to allow people to keep the discussion for the purpose its intended. We understand that people have a wide variety of interests and we don't aim to be a place for all of them. Our intention is a very narrow one -- it's all about Abraham's teachings and how we apply them to our lives.
    The only thing I can think of is that this forum has some (business?) agenda.
    Well, you only have access to particular thoughts and ideas from where you are. That's just fine. It's not about any of that, we don't have a business agenda. We've seen other communities who take a different approach and we like the community we have here. That doesn't have anything to do with a business agenda, but without the collective experience we've had in the evolution of this Forum, I can see where maybe you don't see that.
    I'm saying that because when I listen to Abe/Esther, I feel a totally "carefree" vibe. But when I'm reading what the mods write, I feel an uptight, "soup nazi"-ish vibe: kind of like, "you must contort your life story into material that can be had by Abe-Hicks Publications or else"-type of thing.
    Here's our very carefree vibe -- we don't really care what your opinion is on this. There are lots of places on the Internet, you can go wherever you like and talk about whatever you like. If what we do seems uptight to you, there are other forums out there. We don't intend to be all things to all people. This is the AbeForum. If you're wanting a different focus, there are plenty out there. Ultimately, we know that your emotional reaction is your business, not ours. We know that it doesn't serve you for us to stand on our heads just so you can feel good. We certainly understand that there are many other valid and productive ways of approaching things -- this is just the focus we've chosen. It's not an advice column, a crisis line, or a general discussion about metaphysics. If you want to discuss Abe's teachings and how to apply them, this is the place. If you're wanting something other than that, there are more appropriate places for you.
    Either way, I really do enjoy reading stories & advice of the mods. But something seems a little strange about this forum & I can't figure it out....what is the actual purpose of this forum?
    The purpose and intent of the Forum are very specific and deliberate. You can read about them here:

http://www.abeforum.com/showthread.p...-THE-ABE-FORUM

http://www.abeforum.com/showthread.p...rum-guidelines

Again, we're not trying to be all things to all people. We're happy to play with others who want to enjoy the game we're playing. If you're wanting a different game, go out there and play it. For example, if you're wanting to discuss tennis, a forum focused on tennis is a better fit for you. Doesn't mean that there's anything wrong with tennis, it's just not the game we're playing. We're upfront about our focus and we're happy with keeping that focus the way it is.

This forum has 10 subforums. Each of the 10 has a description. The main forum is Abraham and You, and here's the description:

Discuss how you are using the Abraham-Hicks materials and teachings in your life. Your primary source of information on the Teachings should be the Abraham-Hicks materials: www.Abraham-Hicks.com --there is a wealth of information made available there by Jerry and Esther Hicks and Abraham. Read the guidelines BEFORE posting. Ask yourself how your post feels before hitting "send". This Forum is not an official part of, nor owned or operated by Abraham-Hicks Publications.

Hope that helps.