Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: San Rafael, CA - 1/30/2016

San Rafael, CA - 1/30/2016

"Your IB is giving you constant clews about how to get you from where you are to where you want to be along what we've been calling your 'PoLR.' Your IB is giving you these clews all the time. And we want you to know that the PoLR means the easiest way for you to get to what you want, given the beliefs that you have about it. That's what PoLR means. That's all that PoLR means: the path by which you will get to what you want, moving over and under and around and through the resistance that is on your trail that you have put there-- Ooo, even more important--that you continue to put there everyday.

"Because resistance that you've put there last year and the year before and the year before that is not hindering you, unless you're renewing it with to-day's comments. [Giggles] That stuff will just dissolve. It will just cease to be relevant to your experience unless you keep it activated by your scrutiny of what's come about."

--Abraham, 1/30/2016, San Rafael, CA

[Talking about the Stream of Well-Being]

"You know, it's interesting because that current is always flowing to you and you adapt to it. You adapt to the way you allow it.

"Now, those were very specifically chosen words. You adapt to [pause] the way you allow it. Here's another way of saying that: You adapt to your own resistance. You get used to the way that feels."
    --Abraham, 1/30/216, San Rafael, CA

Thanks Well being, interesting quotes.

Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    [Talking about the Stream of Well-Being]

"You know, it's interesting because that current is always flowing to you and you adapt to it. You adapt to the way you allow it.

"Now, those were very specifically chosen words. You adapt to [pause] the way you allow it. Here's another way of saying that: You adapt to your own resistance. You get used to the way that feels."
    --Abraham, 1/30/216, San Rafael, CA
    I am wanting to connect the dots of the first quote about PoLR and this one about how we adapt to allowing around our resistance.

So we adapt so that our resistance feels normal and then we adapt to allowing around the resistance and that is our PoLR and going with the flow and by going with the flow we put less resistance on our path and allow old resistance to dissolve?

I wouldn't draw a connexion between those two quotes like that. They are distinct and separate quotes.

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    "Your IB is giving you constant clews about how to get you from where you are to where you want to be along what we've been calling your 'PoLR.' Your IB is giving you these clews all the time. And we want you to know that the PoLR means the easiest way for you to get to what you want, given the beliefs that you have about it. That's what PoLR means. That's all that PoLR means: the path by which you will get to what you want, moving over and under and around and through the resistance that is on your trail that you have put there-- Ooo, even more important--that you continue to put there everyday.

"Because resistance that you've put there last year and the year before and the year before that is not hindering you, unless you're renewing it with to-day's comments. [Giggles] That stuff will just dissolve. It will just cease to be relevant to your experience unless you keep it activated by your scrutiny of what's come about."

--Abraham, 1/30/2016, San Rafael, CA
    technical question: Are this 2 different quotes, because you have them separated by quotation-marks?

Quote Originally Posted by paradise-on-earth View Post
    technical question: Are this 2 different quotes, because you have them separated by quotation-marks?
    No, they are one continuous passage. That's a standard style for formatting quotes.

If they are separate quotes, I give each their own post. That's my personal style for quotes. <lol>

Thank you!
    This always mixed me up, we donīt have this in my country.

Wow, your spelling "clew" was a clue for me in my redefining "clue" for myself, and I really like what I found:

"Greek Mythology: The ball of thread used by Theseus to find his way out of the labyrinth."