Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: forum suggestions

forum suggestions

Hi,

I feel that the quality of posts on this forum has dropped over the last few months. This is in a large part due to people posting who know little or nothing about the Abraham work, and are looking for quick fixes to their problems rather than having picked up a book, read it and tried some processes - then asking for support. Some may agree, some may not - that's OK. One of my favourite things when I joined this forum was the high quality of posts and shared Abraham knowledge. I would like to suggest some changes to the forum which I believe would definitely raise the overall quality of posting. Of course this is up to David as it is his forum, and the moderators. If further help was needed moderating or doing the work necessary for this, I would certainly put my hand up to volunteer.

Suggestions:
    1. When new members join the forum, they must put in their profile which states which Abraham books / DVDs / audio they have read, and to what level they are familiar with these. Members must keep this information up to date in their profiles. This could be even done as a 'badge' system - on other forums members have badges below their names as they achieve something. This would remove the need for the question "Which Abraham books / DVDs / material are you familiar with?" - if you could simply go to a user's profile or look at their name and see "Ah! they have the AAIG badge, and the MLOA badge - those are the two books that user is familiar with". To earn the badge, a user would have to make a post actually sharing their understanding of the book or material, or perhaps answer a certain number of questions about the book to people who are asking (it's not just a matter of saying "yes! I read that" - and you get the badge. It has to be verified that you UNDERSTOOD it).

2. Until new members (or ANY member) has AT LEAST one badge, they can ONLY make posts in an area specifically for understanding the material in that Abraham book. No 'I want to solve this problem, I am in crisis mode' threads from people who have only watched a few youtube clips or maybe heard some other, Non-Abraham LOA hocus pocus material. Because after all, whenever someone DOES post a crisis thread, they are always told "Read a book. Understand it. Practise the teaching on something easy. THEN come back and we'll talk about this".

3. Once a member has at LEAST one badge showing they understand, to a satisfactory level, at least one Abraham book / DVD, then they may post in all other areas of the forum.

4. Members posting any sort of 'crisis OMG help me I need this lover / money / job / person to change' MUST state in their opening thread how they have already applied the Abraham processes to shift their emotions on this problem, and where specifically they are having problems with this. Any threads where the user doesn't state this and simply uses the thread to state an action journey, will be locked and the user PM'ed by a moderator asking them to restart the thread with appropriate information re: Abraham teachings already applied. The locked thread will have "LOCKED due to only stating action journey" added to reinforce this message.

5. Members posting any sort of 'crisis OMG help me I need this lover / money / job / person to change' may only ever post one thread on the one issue. There should be a special part of the forum set aside for these type of 'crisis' threads (not just "how are you using these teachings in your life?" because that can be discussed WITHOUT it being a CRISIS!) and the user must click a tick-box which says 'I agree this is the only thread I have ever posted on this issue' before they post. If they come back to the same issue in 1 month, 6 months, a year, they MUST update the old thread. This prevents many threads on the same issue (Read: Ease & Flow's "I can't do these processes, I have no feelings" or JudyJudyJudy's "My colleague is trying to oust me!" stuff).

6. Members continuing their crisis threads MUST address advice already given and how they have applied it. This prevents 100+ page threads like Brisky's "Fred called me" which have many, many pages of members saying "So how have you applied the advice we already gave?" or "We already told you everything we know - what more do you want?".

7. A "Like" button is in place for posts and threads. Members who give especially vortexy, uplifting posts are given 'likes'. If you get a certain amount of likes in a time period, you get access to a special place on the forum where you can do more stuff like post videos perhaps, as well as a special forum rank / badge / privileges (for example, POE has a 'title' under her name - which I know can be set. But not many other members, except the mods, do. What if being allowed to choose your title was a privilege given for having a certain number of likes / votes?)

8. Please bring back the stickies at the top of the forum sections. The ones on important Abraham stuff and useful threads. It would also be good to have the glossaries stickied too.

9. More focused workshop threads on certain topics (wealth, health, happiness, work - whatever) run over a set period of time by a certain person who would be in charge of that group. It would not necessarily be run by a moderator, but instead by someone who has some Abraham knowledge and a desire to focus, in the vortex on a specific area of life and mastermind this with others in the vortex. You would enroll for that thread (limited amount of people - e.g. 8 people agree to be part of a workshop on money over 6 months) and enrolling would mean agreeing to certain things (e.g. I will post once per week, I will share my processes etc). The workshop threads would each go for a set length of time and the person facilitating each one would have a special rank / badge, as well as each person in that team having a certain badge (so there could be three money workshops running at the same time, but there would be a set 8 people in each one for 6 months, and the threads would only be accessible to people in that team as well as moderators / admins). At the end of each workshop, the group would put together a post on what they'd learned which would be made publically accessible, but the workshop threads themselves would remain private so the group could have a more intimate dynamic, not disturbed by the energy of the whole forum and open internet.

10. The option to have signatures which show up on each of our posts, and are updated accordingly as we update them. Signatures could also be a way of showing which workshops, if any, we're currently participating in and which Abraham material we're currently playing with.

11. Focus on and encouragement to minimize any 'crisis' threads and promote vortex threads and deeper understanding and discussion of the Abraham material and the wonder and reverence (my word) it inspires for this magnificent universe.

12. Focus on and encouragement to use proper spelling, grammar, punctuation - as much as one can. I know I am guilty of not always doing this myself, but after all a post which is correctly spelled, punctuated and in clear paragraphs without too much reliance on slang is so much easier to read.

I hope my suggestions promote some thought and David can at least make some of them happen. I know I'm suggesting some radical changes but I believe it's time, otherwise this forum is in danger of not being the special-high quality place that sets it aside from other 'LOA hocus pocus' forums. It's the quality that makes this place - and I've become quite fond of that. So I'd like to promote it.

Thanks for considering.

Friend,
    How did you get yourself so out of the vortex on this topic?
    Abe forum is never going to be a police state.

I know that newbie questions can be a little bit irritating but I remember being a newbie too.
    We all have to start somewhere as beginners.
    Sometimes we do find Abraham when we are in crisis mode and that's OK.
    Nothing has gone wrong here!

If these are your true feelings maybe you need a break from all of us.
    Go General and get off the topic for a while. Take care.

Abraham would say you CAN'T GET IT WRONG and you never get it done.
    Good words to remember!

I didn't feel out of alignment when I posted it totally ok if it doesn't resonate with you though.

i would enjoy more structure and I feel newbies would benefit more from having to stop, read a book and practise some processes before they post. I also feel it would promote the quality here.

i am also not irritated by newbies - not at all. But again, I felt that they would benefit from some more clear guidelines. After all, when they post - those are the questions they are asked first anyway (why don't you get us up to date in the books you've read and what processes you have used here?). Wouldn't it make sense for that to be built into the structure of the forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    I didn't feel out of alignment when I posted it totally ok if it doesn't resonate with you though.

i would enjoy more structure and I feel newbies would benefit more from having to stop, read a book and practise some processes before they post. I also feel it would promote the quality here.
    A 12 point change in rules and such specific focus youve given to this I'm sorry it sounds very out of the vortex to me.
    I've been here a long time and this is one of the strangest things I've read.
    Do your own thing here on this forum and enjoy yourself.
    What you've suggested has so many moving Parts it's ridiculous honestly.
    The fact you think all that can be controlled is pretty silly.
    Abraham tells us we can never get it wrong and that applies to our Forum too.
    Any time you're trying to control other people and situations you are out of the vortex.
    Let it go, you'll be happier if you do.

I felt we needed a beginners sub forum once, now I see loa!

Quote Originally Posted by lemon-up View Post
    Yes, newbies and more experienced members are drawn together through LOA.
    Depending on the question I sometimes enjoy answering the Newbie questions because I remember when I was new. I was having a crisis and I was lucky enough to find Abraham and this forum.
    Some questions resonate with me and some don't at all. I'm happy to help when something resonates with me and I know law of attraction is in play.
    If they haven't read a book yet that's okay. I can point them in that direction. Not a big deal.

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lemon-up View Post
    I heard Abe say, that J and E in the beginning did beginner-seminars and advanced-seminars, to realize, that everybody was coming to all of them.

Abe also say, that- even while a huge amount of "newbies" is in the WSīs, they all are up to speed.

The buffet of variety is a very good thing.
    I donīt think we can, or should sort any of this out by playing police, or regulating any of this.
    Abe have often stated that they are not fond of any laws, except the LoA.
    So, my IMHO, LoA is very well able to all sort it out...

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    Hi,

I feel that the quality of posts on this forum has dropped over the last few months.
    Really, I donīt see any of that!

It might be a good thing to remember, that ALL that shows up in your life, is LoA, reflecting YOUR vibrational set point in the very moment.
    It can never be otherwise.
    You could focus on the WANTED side of the stick- and in doing so, become a part of the loving solution that will then be there for all, instead of pushing against, and giving yourself pain.