Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aligning with a healthy body that SHOWS :)

Dear Alice.. you are doing really really well! Of course the Universe wants you to have your health and alignment and to keep it.. that is why the opposite thought feels so bad! And those stories of you can't have your cake and eat it too.. don't feel good equals.. not true!

I love the nail story.. so reminds me of placebo effect.. much love to you!

Thank you Treelotus! <3

Today I feel optimistic that I can heal. I feel as though I will, though I feel that really not wanting to not heal may be still active in my vibration. I fear the possibility of not healing. When I look at some problem now I feel less reactive. I have a lot of hope and a little dash of positive expectation!

Well, it's bee a while! I am feeling so much better out my general health. Not feeling so in fear. Rash I had has all gone. I think it may have been a heat and chemical rash. I soothed myself, applied action (changed washing soap, no longer wear pjs that cover my limbs to bed), and then it went away

I feel generally good about my body supporting me, and I have had moments where I have felt super healthy.

Still a little bit stuck on the idea that my skin is going to stretch mark itself for no apparent reason. This comes down to last time i was pregnant and I gained stretch marks in weird areas at 9 weeks pregnant - areas that didnt grow or change. Although, I had no stretch marks on my belly from the pregnancy or anything, so my body can do it!

I feel worried every time I see a tiny discolouration of my skin. I think somehow I expect my skin to be almost absolutely perfect and uniform like a child. Perhaps this is possible, but I should not get so worked up on the tiny little marks that are on my skin.

I would like to get to a place where I trust that my skin is so healthy it doesn't mark or scar from anything. I'd like to feel like it can actually even regenerate and break down scars and marks that have already been there for a long time. It makes me feel good to think that I have skin that can do this, yet do not believe it. I would love skin as perfect and as supple as a child. I wouldn't feel like I had to search my skin.

Why do I feel I have to search my skin anyway? My skin does things without my conscious effort. I don't control my skin, I'm not intelligent enough. I would like to trust my skin enough to never worry about it.

I would like to feel that my lifestyle supports healthy skin and that that is ENOUGH. Thats all I need to do.

ok sooooo...where am I now?

Well, my health feels awweessommme
    I'm really happy about that.

I feel healthier than others when I'm out and about and that's good for me My body feels healthy and all very minor health problems have gone.

I am REALLY stuck with my skin though. Regarding stretch marks. I want to feel like taking are of my health is enough, but right now I just don't.

I feel like maybe my skin can't support itself from the ones I got before - some explained others not so much. I feel unsure and I don't trust my skin at all and I want to trust it.

To be honest, I don't think I've got any new ones for years, but I can't be sure, I don't really know. I know I haven't got any new ones in different areas which is a positive of course. But then this makes me fear getting more stretch marks in areas I haven't already. Feeling like I can 'deal' with whats there if it doesn't get worse, but I'm really really resisting getting any more.

So vitamins and minerals DO help our body. Yes our minds/intentions/emotions DO trump this, but our body are physical and can utilise the vitamins and minerals it gives us. Which is fantastic! BUT my mind and emotions are not on board! And they really need to be! If my mind was on board I know I wouldn't even need supplements and minerals (though I would still take them because why not want the best health for your body?!). So, I really want my mind on board...

Read some reviews for this amazing brand for preventing stretch marks during pregnancy and a woman wrote a review a lot like from my place, saying she has quite a few stretch marks on her legs and bum from weight loss/gain and puberty, and yet is 39 weeks pregnant with not ONE stretch mark on her belly on boobs. I feel like this is fantastic, but I still don't feel like its possible for me. I think I'm somewhere in the victim mentality.

One day I'd like to feel like I can not only prevent stretch marks, but completely rid of them. And why not?!

I have moments where I feel like, 'you know what even if I'm covered in them I'm not going to let it take over my life - I'm still going to enjoy myself!' and that's great but its not moving to the idea of not needing to have them!

So I'm stuck in this place, and would like to move on...

any help is appreciated

So, some thoughts, which might be of help to you (Pick any or all of them, as you see fit):

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    I am REALLY stuck with my skin though. Regarding stretch marks. I want to feel like taking are of my health is enough, but right now I just don't.
    Why not? What thoughts are you telling yourself that make it "not enough"? Those are the thoughts that you'll want to soothe and shift so that they feel better.

I feel like maybe my skin can't support itself from the ones I got before ...
    Whilst I understand that it seems like that to you, that's simply a story that you're telling yourself about your skin. And I'm sure you have "good" reasons for telling yourself this story. But even I can tell that this story doesn't feel "good" to you when you tell it. This "not good" feeling you create for yourself when you tell this story is your indicator that you're focusing towards what you don't want, when you know you want to be focusing towards what you do want. In fact, that "not good" feeling is your indicator that your IB is saying, "That's not how we see it." So, how do you think your IB is seeing this situation? How would you feel when you believe what your IB believes?

- some explained others not so much.
    Notice--in your counting, evaluating and explaining--how you're focused on what you do not want. How can you start to shift your focus towards what you want? Don't jump from what you do not want aallll the way over to what you do want. The LoA won't let you make that sort of quantum leap. Instead, shift your focus away from what you do not want first.

I feel unsure and I don't trust my skin at all and I want to trust it.
    That's great to know but, as you're finding out, you can't jump from Distrust all the way over to Trust in one go. But you can distrust your body and your skin a little less. Give it a shot here. Maybe that's what you did in your next paragraph? How did that feel?

To be honest, I don't think I've got any new ones for years, but I can't be sure, I don't really know. I know I haven't got any new ones in different areas which is a positive of course. But then this makes me fear getting more stretch marks in areas I haven't already. Feeling like I can 'deal' with whats there if it doesn't get worse, but I'm really really resisting getting any more.
    You were off to a good start here. Good for you.

If you can "deal" with what's there, why does it matter if they are more? IOW, it's the same "dealing" process whether it's 1 or 7. But you're telling yourself a story which makes the process different, which makes it "worse." That's a story that you'll want to soothe and to shift if you want to feel better.

In this next bit, you start to talk yourself out of your vibrational "work:" (Don't do that.)
    So vitamins and minerals DO help our body. Yes our minds/intentions/emotions DO trump this, but our body are physical and can utilise the vitamins and minerals it gives us. Which is fantastic! BUT my mind and emotions are not on board! And they really need to be! If my mind was on board I know I wouldn't even need supplements and minerals (though I would still take them because why not want the best health for your body?!). So, I really want my mind on board...
    That's great that you really want your mind "on board." However, as you're finding out for yourself, you can't strong-arm your mind "on board." After all, your mind is part of YOU. You don't need me to tell you that you don't like to be strong-armed. Take smaller steps. Be easier on yourself. You get your mind "on board" by feeling better and you can tell that strong-arming yourself doesn't feel better. So, how can you be easier about this?

Read some reviews for this amazing brand for preventing stretch marks during pregnancy and a woman wrote a review a lot like from my place, saying she has quite a few stretch marks on her legs and bum from weight loss/gain and puberty, and yet is 39 weeks pregnant with not ONE stretch mark on her belly on boobs.
    Now, your intention has gone back to "fixing" your problem rather than feel better. This is what Abraham meant when they were talking about "conditional alignment." You're actually saying to yourself "I'll feel better when I fix my skin problems," when Abraham teach us to feel better first without needing the conditions to change first or without needing to see the path to your solution first.

I feel like this is fantastic, but I still don't feel like its possible for me.
    That's all right, but this, too, is just another story that you're telling yourself. How can you make it "a little less impossible" for you?

I think I'm somewhere in the victim mentality.
    Can you feel how giving it a "diagnosis," a label, nails your foot to the floor? Now, you have to unravel, not just "your skin," but your "mentality" as well.

One day I'd like to feel like I can not only prevent stretch marks, but completely rid of them. And why not?!
    Indeed, why not?! Believe it or not, this could be a helpful question for you to answer. Sure, in the answering of it, you would be focusing again on what you don't want, but that would be momentary. The broader answer to your question ("...why not?!") is because you have some contradictory beliefs. You've shared some of them with us here, but if you have some more reasons "...why not?! ", you'll want to start soothing and shifting those reasons, too.

I have moments where I feel like, 'you know what even if I'm covered in them I'm not going to let it take over my life - I'm still going to enjoy myself!' and that's great but its not moving to the idea of not needing to have them!
    Isn't it, though? You've seen a baby learn how to walk, right? Usually, when they are just learning to walk, they're wobbling on their two feet, holding onto something. Then they move a foot and regain their balance. Sometimes, then they move their other foot and regain their balance. Now, if you were a critical adult, you might say, during those times that the baby is regaining their balance, that the baby isn't walking (because there's no apparent motion). You might even say, if the baby falls on their rump after their first step, that the baby isn't walking. But the reality of the matter is that all of that (the standing, the holding-onto-something, the moving of the first foot, the regaining-of-their-balance, the falling down) is all part of their walking process.

So, here you're showing yourself that you sometimes take a negative score when there's a positive score to be taken. Take more positive scores instead of the negative scores (which don't feel "good") you used to do.

Hope that helps.

Thank you Well being! Really has helped a lot. I'm still internalising what was written and have read it quite a few times since you've written it.

Here's what I've come to realise so far...

I have been SO FOCUSED on a feared future I have forgotten what I love about the NOW.

I am SO grateful for my skin right now, because it's awesome! After the stretch marks I gained in my last pregnancy at 9 weeks, I started oiling and I had pretty much no new ones from that point on! Even as my belly grew ridiculous!! Isn't that amazing??? It's amazing that my skin responded to my initial oiling of the skin.

I love that I've found an awesome self tan (Clarins) that has given me the olivey skin tone I have always wanted, and which I can no achieve without any sun! I love how awesome my skin looks NOW. I love that, even though I've been worrying my balls off about stretch marks, RIGHT NOW I have no more than I had all those years ago!!!

I love how comfortable my skin feels sometimes. I love how forgiving my skin is. I love how my skin keeps me safe from bacteria. I love that when I close my eyes my skin feels so soft. I love my skin that is all over my body.

I mean I really freaking do. It's cuddling me all over, and as I'm loving it, it feels like a warmer and warmer hug. Fear melts away, and love and appreciation fills me for all my skin has done.

I feel like I've been to hard on it - for the past and for any potential future - and I love it. I love that I generally care for my skin very well - I am aware of it. I am aware of my skin, and that is a good thing. Body awareness is bodily love. I follow my body's messages to take inspired action towards better and better states of health and comfort.

I love the idea that the skin generates every 3 months or so. That's amazing isn't it? Even if it doesn't - my skin does something coz it heals my grazes and it changes all the time!

I love how my skin on my face is really great and so comfortable. I love how my skin is on my neck, I love how my hands look and feel when I've moisturised them!

I love that I'm me in my skin right in this very moment.

Isn't it, thougYou've seen a baby learn how to walk, right? Usually, when they are just learning to walk, they're wobbling on their two feet, holding onto something. Then they move a foot and regain their balance. Sometimes, then they move their other foot and regain their balance. Now, if you were a critical adult, you might say, during those times that the baby is regaining their balance, that the baby isn't walking (because there's no apparent motion). You might even say, if the baby falls on their rump after their first step, that the baby isn't walking. But the reality of the matter is that all of that (the standing, the holding-onto-something, the moving of the first foot, the regaining-of-their-balance, the falling down) is all part of their walking process.h?
    So this has made its way into my conscious state. You are so right. Baby steps. To say I'm at a place where I'm like 'body - do what you want. I refuse to care because it doesn't make me feel good. it makes me stressed, it makes me upset and makes me feel powerless. I want to feel happy, care free and I want to enjoy my life.' - is totally ok, I don't need to go from zero to hero.

Today I feel like letting go of caring and worrying. Because that feels good. So I'm almost at acceptance but not quite because I still feel like there's residual fear.

Not ready to move above this idea just yet.

I think it's important to create a solid state of neutrality regarding the situation.

Today was a positive day. In all aspects.

Not so worried bout my skin. Not really caring out of pure needing to be happy.

Starting to try to feel as though I have the skin I want... slowly.

Starting to try to feel as though I have the skin I want... slowly.
    Not to back-seat drive here, but that sort of sounds like going about things the hard way. You might have an easier time of it if you found things that you like about your body now. Focus on and celebrate those. The LoA will bring you more to like and to celebrate.

Can you feel the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    Not to back-seat drive here, but that sort of sounds like going about things the hard way. You might have an easier time of it if you found things that you like about your body now. Focus on and celebrate those. The LoA will bring you more to like and to celebrate.

Can you feel the difference?

Yes! That's so true! I feel like I'm trying to jump the gun, trying to reach the ending point as quickly as possible, but that is so counter productive and just saying 'I don't have it yet'. Also being focused on conditions...

You're right. Enjoying and appreciating whats now is essentially the 'feeling place' of where I want to be in having my goal.