Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 27 Days Challenge (or happily letting go of an old story)

Super Moderator Hands in the Clay's Avatar
    Hey there! Cool work!

Now that you are reaching for the "clean slate" - would you be interested in doing a subtle fine-tuning of your title and the energy behind it, meaning removing the word "stubborn" (which, you know, makes it sound like a hard-to-conquer foe) and soften the "personality" of your old story a bit? One very discreet aspect of "the work" is recognizing our language, our use of hyperbole, our mental constructions, how our words reveal what's going on in our thoughts. What if it wasn't a "stubborn" old story, but a story that "you're enjoying embracing for what it taught you and to which you are ready to say farewell as you unfold into the next chapter of your delicious life"? Something like that?

It's like "the story behind the story," which was a reeeeeeeeeeeeally good Jerry and Esther tale that Abraham covered when they had problems with the Monster Bus. Deconstruct the story behind the story, and the "problem" just dissolves.

All that to say, I can make that word "stubborn," that one you keep looking at every time you come onto this thread, disappear for you, like magic, if you want. When it's not there, it can't so easily be reactivated and therefore remanifested.

Quote Originally Posted by Hands in the Clay View Post
    Hey there! Cool work!

Now that you are reaching for the "clean slate" - would you be interested in doing a subtle fine-tuning of your title and the energy behind it, meaning removing the word "stubborn" (which, you know, makes it sound like a hard-to-conquer foe) and soften the "personality" of your old story a bit?
    Thank Yoooou!!!, and I would very interested!, whatīs even funny is that I started this thread with an old story in mind but itīs been changing a lot, I love the idea of softening it, a lot!,

One very discreet aspect of "the work" is recognizing our language, our use of hyperbole, our mental constructions, how our words reveal what's going on in our thoughts.
    I love this, I think I donīt pay much attention to my language, but I can start now, I was focusing on how I feel but this is gold, this adds to the awareness of where I am,

It's like "the story behind the story," which was a reeeeeeeeeeeeally good Jerry and Esther tale that Abraham covered when they had problems with the Monster Bus. Deconstruct the story behind the story, and the "problem" just dissolves.
    and it sounds like a wonderful way to do it. How do I deconstruct a story? I donīt recall the bus story but Iīm going to look for it and start playing and dissolving old stuff.

I can make that word "stubborn," that one you keep looking at every time you come onto this thread, disappear for you, like magic, if you want. When it's not there, it can't so easily be reactivated and therefore remanifested.
    Ohhh please do!!! thank you!!!!! and thank you very much for commenting on the post!!!. it is greatly appreciated!

Love

Xio

Super Moderator Hands in the Clay's Avatar
    Done! Let me know if you'd prefer something else.

The basic idea was that J&E were having all sorts of problems with the mechanics not making the repairs correctly on their monster bus. And though Esther kept trying to work on "liking" the staff there, forgiving them, trying to be understanding, all to soften her resistance, things weren't getting better.

Because her story was actually more general, more pervasive, about people in service industries in general, about "people not stepping up, people not going the extra mile, people not being invested in providing quality work" - and the same pattern was showing up with their restaurant servers, other utilities repair people, and other people in their lives. THAT was the story that needed softening. It wasn't about the monster bus mechanics, it was about their expectations and distrust of service staff "these days"....

Thank you!!! it feels good, "happily letting go of an old story" I like it!. makes me wonder in how many ways I can change my words and embrace new vibrant stories....

Ummm..... sounds about right, there is a story behind the story, and if things keep going like this, itīs probably gonna show up soon so I can let it go, and I am more than willing to let it soften and dissolve.

Thanks again HitC, Iīve been following your posts for ages!, it always help me to change my perspective!

Have a wonderful day (evening?, night? )

Love

Xio

Day 14

I spent a good part of the day playing to shift my words and conversations, OMG!!! I think I get a lot of things now!, hahahahaha! oh yeah, and I am happy, "happily letting go of an old story", (I like it, Iīve been using it a lot today) So I have been hearing a lot of Abraham to keep focusing, some very very very good ones, funnily enough the random bits I chose talk mostly about climbing the emotional scale, itīs so good. and so much simpler than what I was allowing it to be. I like it.

I specially liked this because is so funny, you canīt help but laugh, and feel better and better.

"The Emotional Journey says, the choices that you have are not from despair all the way to bliss; you don’t have that choice.

Not right now.

You’ve got the choice from despair, more despair, less despair.

You’ve got the choice from despair, more despair, less despair, less despair, despair, less despair, even less despair, even less despair, despair, even less despair, despair, even less, despair, anger.

Anger, even less despair, anger, even less anger, anger, despair, anger, less anger, anger, less anger. Less anger, frustration...

And once you make it to frustration, all kinds of options open up. Because the vibrational difference between frustration and bliss is a smaller difference than the vibrational difference between despair and frustration.

So, once you make it all the way to frustration—simple."

ABraham, Orlando Fl 2005

Almost like a dance right? dance of freedom, of energy, of well being!.

Love and kisses and good night!

Day 15

Yesterday in one of ABraham tapes I heard this. (in a very interesting conversation I might say)

Before you go further, ask yourself where you’re going. In other words, are we about to go that way on the Emotional Scale, or that way? So, put the brakes on and regroup, and choose again.
    Since Iīm observing my choice of words and if they match my feel, it is funny, because I paused when I was about to start writing.
    Looks so easy right? practice good feeling thoughts, higher vibrational words, new stories, Ups see? itīs just that little bits that makes the story a bit denser or much lighter, little things that I wasnīt noticing much, choice of words, intonation, a bit of intention.
    So I am happily embracing this, and I am ready, ready to start shifting even more, this is a great opportunity to close the gaps I felt that I didnīt understand how or why where there, this is a great clue!, it is a big game changer, a great tool to work with!

So Iīll be asking a lot of "where am Iīm going with this" today,

Iīm training to find the better word,
    Iīm training myself to look for the better story in every phrase,
    I am training, forming the muscle of better choice of words, of feelings,
    I am training, putting my expectation on the best, the funnier, the lighter,
    I am training, putting my focus on what feels better, on my dreams, on light and fluffy,
    I am training and I am making it a game, something easy, something playful,
    When you are training, (or learning something new, since I havenīt trained a sport in decades, ) of course you got some sore muscles, but the kind of sore that feels good, because you are getting results, of course you donīt always get it at the first try, but itīs part of the fun
    I remember swimming, and how I loved it, and how each lap felt great, I remember being tired but not wanting to go out of the pool, it was great. it was easy and fun. I remember how I learned the better stroke, and how somethings were easier, and I put more focus on the one I was better at, each one on the team chose what they were better at to train to the max.
    By repetition by repetition, until it becomes so natural that I donīt have to think about it, until it is second nature, automatic.

Now I choose to train in telling better stories

I love that Iīve remember this because I think that I used to confuse easy with "not doing anything at all, not moving, not changing", and oh no, Iīve trained in things I love, in things that I was good at but I did train, and the training, the learning was fun, is fun, is fun to learn new tricks, new abilities, you never stop learning, so this changes my perspective of easy, and fun. ooooh yeah! Fuuuuun! engaging in the game, enjoying the play! moving along with Source.

What a wonderful birthday gift Universe!!!!!

So I am allowing myself to enjoy the training, the journey and Iīm planning to be the best cheerleader for myself!!!! Yeeeeah!!!
    Go Me!!!!

Day 17

A beautiful day, training started eeeearly, a little bit of contrast, happily choosing to change my reaction and the old blah blah blah I used to tell and mostly feel, I chose, I just notice the feeling, the sensations and I chose to let it go, of course the discomfort only lasted a little bit, and it feels good so good to be able to embrace and let go, fast.

So I found an additional gift in it, is a warm morning, warm and moist and the clouds are fantastic!!!, I enjoyed my morning walk even more, and it was different because I went out earlier and the light was splendorous!!, I love the play of light and shadows early in the morning, and late in the evening, I could easily walk all day taking pics of light and clouds and dogs of course, oh and flowers and trees, and kids, ohhhh and street art, and things forgotten in the corners, I love it.

And then, while I was walking I felt a bit of stiffness in my leg, you see, yesterday my friend aligned my feet after a little slip, so I started to think that itīs the same you know? when your body is out of alignment, and it can be a little thing, even a little twisted finger, the body feels it, you get aches and stiffness in other parts, is wonderful to know that is relatively simple to put the body in alignment again, and I am talking just physical here, I am talking about the mechanics of this wonderful body, and how you move one part with care and softness and it realigns, if anything still needs to move a bit, your body will tell you, believe me.

I thought about how is the same with Source and energy and myself, if something is out alignment, even a little thing, my emotional reactions, my sensations and feelings will gladly tell me. Yeah I know is something we hear a lot from Abraham but today I got it so clearly!!!When you feel not so good, there is no need to make it something huge, to chastise yourself, to feel bad, (even more) is much simpler, is just energy telling you where you took a little slip, where you twisted your (well of course not your ankle, ) good feeling place? your balance.

And I am telling me this because sometimes I take things too seriously and feel bad because I donīt do better or I at least I used to, now I am shifting the old story!.
    yeah,

So today I choose to relax, really!!!, I will enjoy my day and let go of my wanting to work things out, to be, to do. I chose to relax and enjoy!.

I have a few things to share for later, about how the original story of the thread has changed, and what has been teaching me, how Iīve been feeling,right now? I feel relaxed and Iīm going to drink my delicious coffee!!!!

Have a wonderful day!!!!!!

Love

Xio

Day 18

Wow!, just sitting right here, yesterday and today have been intense. I witness life changes, someone croaking, someone closing an old story, an earthquake and a beautiful storm, I was gifted with free chocolate drinks in a coffee shop, and a cake in one of my classes, I finally found the people to fix the roof ( very important really, because rain started already) actually two, the first one was soooo out of my budget but I just relaxed and knew it would be ok, and a few hours later, came another person, a bit more than my budget I said yes, (knew it would be ok) and I donīt know how, it ended at almost the amount I have and I know it is ok....., my first kiss, real kiss after yeeears, oh boy what a ride has been, what do you think? magic? my UM working?, me allowing? I donīt know, well yeah I do is all the same and it feels good.

So much stuff, this was just parts of my last two days, magnificent.
    It feels good, it feels like I am waking up. I have been focusing the best way I can on my words, and the stories I tell, and the best is how even when part of me waaaants to keep going with the old I just chill, and make myself remember we are just acknowledging, letting it be so it softens and then let it go.
    I am ready to happily change for glorious new stories!!!. or just better stories to start, Iīm not too picky right now, I am going easy with it, easy but constant, easy but feeling fun, relaxed, able, Iīm doing it at my own pace, the way that feels the best.

And let me tell you, I am so happy with how I feel right now, energetic and vibrant, wow. My body feels alive, wow, I appreciate whatīs showing up. And I feel brave and courageous, and.... seeeexy, hehehe and creative, and.... yeah, it feels good, so good!.
    I am happy too that life is putting so much wonderful friends around me.... I am a bit shocked to see there are so many.... yeeeeeyyyy, I am happy to see that money is flowing too, that ideas are coming, that clients are showing up..... I like it, I appreciate that going "slow", just noticing some old stories and happily letting them go has been the catalyst fot things to start flowing again.

So right now I am going to eat some cake and rest and enjoy the rest of the evening, good night my friends, just wanted to post a bit of my journey today.

Love you all!!!!

Day 19

I wrote a huge post and then accidentally delete it it.

So here it goes, fast and short version

Today I choose to feel better, to observe my words and lovingly shift them if needed, to enjoy watching life unfolds, to let my mother and sisters enjoy who they are as they are without judging them, or wanting to change them,
    Today I choose to breathe from time to time and feel, feel the energy coursing through my body, around it, feel the here and now.
    I choose to embrace where I am, as Abraham says "I am where I am", it always makes me laugh. I choose to focus on things that make me laugh, that makes me smile and sigh with love.
    I choose to yeah turn around and leave heavy conversations, why not, today I give myself permission to be selfish and seemingly rude if need it, and tend to my well being, my feelings of joy.
    I choose to enjoy today class and be the best energy for all, and have fun oh yeah, lots of fun.
    I enjoy knowing that my life is fill with a lot of freedom, I enjoy knowing that it doesnīt matter if it is "Friday", for me life is fun the whole week, not just the weekend.
    I truly appreciate being here and now, today.

See. Fewer words version works just fine,

A wonderful day for all!!!!
    Love and Kisses

X

Day 20

Iīm very happy Iīve been keeping up with this!!!, Today I just want to continue with my focus on feeling good, shifting things if they come and enjoying the day.
    Iīve been doing a lot of that this week and maybe it is because I am observing my emotions, my thoughts and my reactions, but it feels like a few things got intense. What is good is that I am doing the work, noticing and doing whatever it feels best at the moment.
    And each day the noticing, asking how it feels and changing it has been faster. It has been great at night, Iīve been going back to sleep very easily IF I even wake up now.
    I am focusing on a project, an old project again, and doing it the same way, if an old story comes up, I change focus, or work on letting it go. So maybe I can start by not calling it an "old project", but a project I dearly love, a project Iīve been creating for a while, itīs been gradually building up. and all the pieces are coming together. but Iīll start a new thread after this one, to keep up with it.

I found an Abraham quote today on lovingoutloudFB. and I like it, not because Iīve rarely feel joy, on the contrary maybe, I am used to burst of intense joy and if not, I asumed it was depression? something like that, that it must be huge, explosive, it must show, or itīs doesnīt count as joy,

Q: You've been mentioning about how fundamental joy is. I very rarely experience joy, so how have I been able to live this life without that feeling of joy?

A: Do you ever feel interested in something? (All the time.) That's joy. Do you ever wonder about something and feel an appetite growing within you? (Yes.) Do you ever have a really clear moment about something when you're doing something or when you're fixing something? That clarity is joy. Don't let big, smiling faces and people jumping up and down be your definition of joy.

~Abraham on the South Pacific Cruise, Oct. 21 to Nov. 01, 2015

thatīs exactly what I will start focusing on, in my studio, with my friends, in my life in general, not the firework explosions of joy, but the natural unfolding of it.

It rained last night, now itīs warm and moist and sunny and it feels like a good day to go to the movies, and then make something fresh to eat and prepare a sangria!!!!. feeling joy and ease.

Have a wonderful joyful day you all!!!!

Love
    X