Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I love Abe and am a newbie to the forum, would love to connect with other Abers!!

I love Abe and am a newbie to the forum, would love to connect with other Abers!!

Hello lovely people,

I have been listening to Abraham-hicks for quite some time now. I settled on their teachings after a bit of a spiritual quest and have found that they resonate with me very strongly. I am hoping to connect with others who also feel the same. I have realized that I have a lot of resistance within me and have been feeling very stuck so would love to try and find a way that I can really be my true self.... has anyone got any advice?

you are your true self
    come on other threads that resonate with you...

Welcome to the Forum, Annabellarella, and thanks for taking the time to tell us a little bit about yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by Annabellarella View Post
    I have realized that I have a lot of resistance within me and have been feeling very stuck so would love to try and find a way that I can really be my true self.... has anyone got any advice?
    As the medical profession in my country likes to say, "diagnosis is half the cure," meaning that now you've identified the problem, you can start on a path of doing something about it. Of course, it helps if you understand what it is you're trying to do first, doesn't it? So, I would strongly recommend that you read an Abraham book (Any one of them will do. Pick whichever seems the most interesting to you.) to learn what Abraham teach about resistance and about releasing resistance and about aligning one's self with Who-You-Really-Are. That would be a great place for you to start.

Have fun!

Thanks for the lovely welcome.

One thing I am really struggling with at the moment- well another thing on top of resistance- is anxiety and worry.
    I really want to believe that everything works out for me and I guess deep down I do believe but still I feel like a wadded up ball of anxiety and worry... anyone got any thoughts on this? I have been meditating for a while and I think this helps. I also have been struggling with major depression and fatigue...not feeling very good at all and I know from Abes teachings that it is important to feel good.. but how??

This is why I recommended an Abraham book, which will cover the "how" as well as the "why". When you give yourself that education, we can help you with any finetuning you might want to help you apply what you've learned.

I have listened to a lot of Abraham books as audio books and am constantly listening to you tube clips. I think I get the teachings pretty well but have trouble applying them...I have a lot of doubt too which doesn't help. Is there a particular book you would recommend? Have you been to any seminars? I would love to but live in New Zealand and the closest they have come is Australia. Also how long have you been interested in the teachings and have you got some success stories you could share?

I have listened to a lot of Abraham books as audio books and am constantly listening to you tube clips. I think I get the teachings pretty well but have trouble applying them...I have a lot of doubt too which doesn't help.
    That's great! So, let's start here.

"Doubt" is an emotion. Most people (and I think you would agree) might classify "doubt" as a negative emotion. From your studying, what do Abraham teach us about our emotions: How we do create them? Why we do have them? Why do Abraham talk to us about emotions? (Give yourself bonus points if you know what Abraham tell us about the difference between "positive" emotions and "negative" emotions!)

Is there a particular book you would recommend?
    Given what you're asking here, I would think that APOE* or AAIIG (in that order) might be helpful to the questions you're asking here. Both will give you all the basics. APOE* gives many actual examples of how to apply these teachings (which you're asking us here). In fact, because of these many examples, I would strongly encourage you to read (as opposed to "listen to") this book. The shifts that Abraham use in their examples are small and manageable. It's easy to lose sight of what they're doing when you're listening to the soothing voices of Jerry or Esther. (I forget who exactly voiced that audiobook.) You can get a better sense of what Abraham are asking us to do by reading and comparing one thought in their examples to the next. Sometimes, the shift is so subtle that it takes a few re-reads for us to feel and recognise the shift.

AAIIG also gives you the full basics (including the Emotional Guidance Scale) as well as the largest collection of the practical exercises (Abraham call them "Processes" or "Games") of any Abraham book. However, there are very few examples in that book.

Have you been to any seminars? I would love to but live in New Zealand and the closest they have come is Australia.
    I've been fortunate to have enjoyed a number of the Workshops. If I were you, I wouldn't despair (too strong a word, I know) too much about Abraham not yet visiting NZ. They do make recordings of all the Workshops, which they offer in a variety of different ways in their website (I'm not affiliated so I'll let you explore that yourself). Whilst I enjoy the full see it/hear it/smell it/taste it/touch it experience of being at the Workshops, the recordings (if that's what you'll want down the road) capture about 95% of the experience. So, you're not really missing out. (I'm not pushing the Workshops here because I think a book is a more helpful way to go, for many reasons.)

Also how long have you been interested in the teachings and have you got some success stories you could share?
    I've been interested in and working with these teachings for more years than are polite to count. I've been on this Forum for (I had to check) coming up on 8 years.

We have a huge (almost 2,100 threads!) Success Stories sub-forum and I'm sure I've contributed some stories to that sub-forum myself. As I've shifted my participation here on the Forum to helping our Forum friends apply these teachings, I've de-emphasised telling my stories--largely, in part, because it was less satisfying and helpful for those hearing them. You see, I've always been pretty good at getting my stuff, even before I knew about these teachings. I came to these teachings because, in spite of my nice stuff (which has grown since then), I was downright miserable. The appeal of these teachings to me was Abraham's message of "Get happy" and their practical ways to do that, which I continue to apply to this very day. The nice thing about doing that is not only am I enjoying my stuff (which was what I really wanted) but--just like Abraham tell us--more stuff continues to flow. Of course, as that happens, more desires are hatched, resulting in more expansion for me to keep up with. That's what puts the "eternal" in us eternal beings.

*You can find a translation of the acronyms and abbreviations that we commonly use here on the Forum in our Glossary.

Thanks very much Wellbeing for your advice I will look into revisiting those books...reading them this time not listening to them.

It is my understanding about emotions- and feel free to elaborate or correct me- that the reason we have positive or negative emotions is because our inner being is guiding us from a place of pure positive energy and unconditional love and when we feel positive emotion we are feeling as our inner being does and when we are feeling negative emotion it is because we are looking at something in opposition to the way our inner being sees it and the negative emotion is an indicator of this... does this sound right? And so the trick-well, goal- is to reach for a better feeling thought, little by little moving up the emotional scale working to align with our inner being...?

Exactly! You got it. So, when you feel your negative emotion (such as Doubt), just ask yourself what thoughts am I think, right now, which are causing this emotion of Doubt? You don't have to do any digging. Your Doubt-producing thoughts will be right there, waiting for you to pay attention to them. And, inf fact, you're probably already aware of what some of those Doubt-producing thoughts are because all of our topics of interest fall into a handful of basic categories and we think about those categories a lot throughout our day. If you are aware of some of those Doubt-producing thoughts you can start to shift them to thoughts which still seem true to you yet which feel better. You can do that now. You can do that with one of the many Abraham Processes or you can just wing it. (I like to call this second option "freestyle.")

Now, it's normal, at first, that you might have difficulty shifting your Doubt-producing thoughts in your moments of Doubt. That's the power of momentum. That would be a good time to take a nap or to meditate or simply distract yourself by thinking about a subject, which is easy for you to feel "good" about when you think about it. Usually, this would be a subject that's not associated with any desire. Some popular topics among our Forum friends include "bubbles", "fluffy bunnies", "rainbows" and "cute puppies."

Then you can do your shifting work when you're more vibrationally/emotionally stable, when your momentum isn't as active. It'll be easier in these times to find your BFTs.

If you feel comfortable doing so, you might want to open a thread in the Practicing the Teachings sub-forum to do your "work." Our Forum friends who are most interested in coaching like to hang out there and are generous with tips and pointers that they've picked up along their way.