Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Common Questions about the Abe Forum

The Glossary

The Glossary

As you wander through the Abe Forum, you'll see that we use a lot of non-standard acronyms and abbreviations. You can find a translation of the acronyms and abbreviations that we commonly use here on the Abe Forum in our Glossary.

Top of Thread
    Table of Contents
    Getting Around the Abe Forum Index
    Last edited by WellBeing; 06-15-2016 at 02:05 PM.

How do I get help working with the features of this Forum?

How do I get help working with the features of this Forum?

We offer several different ways of getting help working with the technological features of this Forum:

• The software FAQ pages, which can be found via a link in the middle of the dark bar along the bottom of the Forum masthead, found atop every page of the Abe Forum.
    • The Abe Forum FAQ, which you are now reading. (Good for you!)
    • The Technical Questions sub-forum, where you can ask questions which aren't answered in either of those two resources.
    • If all else fails, feel free to send a Private message to a moderator. Click here for a list of our moderators.

Top of Thread
    Table of Contents
    Frequently Asked Questions Index
    Getting around the Abe Forum Index
    Technical Questions Index
    Last edited by WellBeing; 06-15-2016 at 02:04 PM.

How do I get help with a problem I'm having in my life?

How do I get help with a problem I'm having in my life?

First off, a common sense advisory: if you're in immediate medical, physical or mental danger (or if there's even a remote possibility of that), Abraham (and we) would recommend that you get yourself out of danger. Get yourself to safety. Avail yourself of local services and resources. When you are no longer threatened and in a stable place, then come back to us and have your conversation.

As Abers, we know that the"help" or "support" we want is available to us 24/7 from our Inner Being and from our cadre of non-physical helpers. So, when we look to others (even really smart and kind others, like the members of the Abe Forum) for "help" or "support," Abraham tell us that "we're looking for love in all the wrong places." So, please keep in mind that the Abe Forum is not a support line or a crisis board. We are a discussion forum with a unique and specific focus.

But, that doesn't mean the Abe Forum is of no value to you in your moments of uncertainty. We're here to talk with you about how you're applying these teachings to the benefit of your life. We're here to share with you our considerable understanding of these teachings and to offer pointers and tips as to how you can use these teachings to feel better. After all, "feel better" is Abraham's "only one answer," right?

If that's the kind of conversation for which you're looking, feel free to open a new thread in our Abraham-Hicks Teachings and You sub-forum. (For information about how to open a thread, click here.) That's where most of our question-answerers tend to hang out.

And remember: find a way to feel better. That's Abraham's "only one answer" and that's something that you can do in the next 10 minutes.

Top of Thread
    Table of Contents
    Getting around the Abe Forum Index
    Last edited by WellBeing; 06-15-2016 at 02:03 PM.

Who is Abraham?

Who is Abraham?

Abraham is a collective of non-physical entities, whose wisdom is translated by Esther Hicks. You might enjoy reading more about Abraham on the Abraham-Hicks website.

Because Abraham are a collective, we refer to them as "they" or "them," just as they refer to themselves in the plural. Additionally, even though the name "Abraham" is a masculine name in English, Abraham remind us that there is no gender in non-physical (so they are a "they" in English, which has no neuter pronouns). In fact, there are no names in non-physical. "Abraham" is a label that Esther has translated for the convenience of us humans.

Top of Thread
    Table of Contents
    Getting Started with Abraham Index
    Last edited by WellBeing; 06-15-2016 at 02:02 PM.

How do I learn more about Abraham and their teachings?

How do I learn more about Abraham and their teachings?

We expect all members of the Abe Forum, including our new friends, to have a basic knowledge of the teachings of Abraham. It's hard to have a productive conversation without, first, having a basis for that conversation. That being said, we all were beginners once ourselves. As Abraham lovingly tell us, "You are where you are and where you are is all right." Fortunately, learning about Abraham and their teachings is fun, so we encourage you to familiarize yourself with the basics of these teachings.

A good place to get a taste of these teachings is on the Abraham-Hicks website. Mind you, even with the wealth of free information on that site, this is simply a taste, a little nibble to whet your appetite. If that free information on that website does, in fact, resonate with you, you can find the complete message of Abraham in an Abraham book. Each one of the many Abraham books contains the complete message. The different books simply focus that complete message in a slightly different way, so that different groups of people with different interests can more easily understand what Abraham are saying. We strongly recommend that you carefully read at least one Abraham book (Click here for more information about how to select your book.) before opening a thread here on the Abe Forum.

Top of Thread
    Table of Contents
    Last edited by WellBeing; 03-14-2017 at 11:55 AM.

In which order should I read the books? Does it matter?

In which order should I read the books? Does it matter?

If you spend a little time with us here on the Abe Forum, you will inevitably read someone suggesting to a Forum friend that they read a book. It's the most effective way we know of to learn the full message of Abraham.

However, with the large and ever-growing list of written material from Abraham, that suggestion might seem a little daunting. "Where I should begin?" is often the next question.

The good news is that Abraham have only one message and they explain that one message fully in each one of their books. Even more good news, each book was written as a stand-alone book, to focus Abraham's "only one answer" into different ways or onto different topics so that more and more of us can more easily hear what they have to say. So, it really doesn't matter all that much which book you read first.

As with all things, pick the one that sounds the "most fun" or the "most interesting" you, because that will help you to read your book through. Another way to choose might be whichever book is most readily available, either through a public library, a friend or a bookstore. Sometimes, someone with extensive experience of the various books might guess at a suggestion, based on some points in your forum posts. But, as Abraham tell us often, "you cannot get it wrong."

Some tips about reading your book:
    Abraham's soothing words, clear, logical presentation and easy wit make all their books an easy read. Plus we are eager to get on with it, aren't we? So, the common tendency is to plow through our Abraham book, maybe in a sitting or two. That's great. It's fun to enjoy the thrill of that momentum, to eagerly devour Abraham's words. But sometimes, in our enthusiasm, we miss really important concepts.

So, enjoy your first read-through. After you've enjoyed your devouring, other Forum friends have found it helpful to go back and re-read their book, this time one small piece (like a page or a section) a day. When we read our books like that, we're forcing ourselves to slow down, focus on what Abraham are telling us and then we get to see how what we've just read is at work in our own day-to-day lives. And, of course, as you read your book, feel free to ask your new Forum friends any questions that you have. The Abraham-Hicks Teachings and You sub-forum was designed for just that.

For every person who plows through the book in a sitting or two and feels they "got it," there's another person who flips through the book, looking for their quick answers. And we get it. Sometimes, our momentum is such that we want a quick fix and we want it now! However, when we cherry-pick our way through the books, we are skipping over pieces which don't seem relevant to us but may be core principles of these helpful teachings. This practice is like wanting to build a tall building but starting off with an insufficient foundation with gaps in it. Once you're building your tall building, you can add supports and guide wires and other contraptions onto your building, but those add-ons can never compensate for your insufficient foundation. Learn from many others' experience: carefully and thoroughly read your book, from cover to cover. In the end, you'll be glad you did.

Enjoy!

Top of Thread
    Table of Contents
    Last edited by WellBeing; 03-15-2017 at 12:18 PM.

Why don't you guys allow links to the many clips on the Internet?

Why don't you guys allow links to the many clips on the Internet?

The Abe Forum is founded on the vibration of appreciation for the teachings of Abraham. It is from that vibration of appreciation that the Abe Forum manifested. Part of that appreciation was directed towards Jerry Hicks' eager and constant questioning, which summoned Abraham in the first place. Another part of that appreciation towards Esther Hicks' patient, precise and joyous translation of the vibration of Abraham. Yet another part of that appreciation is directed towards the tireless efforts of Jerry, Esther and their team to bring Abraham to more and more corners of the world.

It is in that spirit of appreciation that we respect the intellectual property rights that Abraham-Hicks Publications has declared on how these teachings are presented. We ask members of the Abe Forum to join us in that appreciation and, in keeping with our Linking Policy, we ask that any active links from the Abe Forum be to material as presented by Abraham-Hicks Publications only--more specifically, only to the websites or channels owned or operated by Abraham-Hicks Publications.

Top of Thread
    Table of Contents
    Last edited by WellBeing; 06-15-2016 at 02:00 PM.

I'm learning about Abraham from the clips I see on the Internet. Is that bad?

I'm learning about Abraham from the clips I see on the Internet. Is that bad?

The many clips that you can find on the Internet bring this wonderful material alive. However, the clips are just that--clips, snippets cut out of a larger piece of cloth. Often they are edited to fit the intentions of wherever or whomever is posting them and those intentions might not be in alignment with your learning of the material. As you spend more time with this material, you'll learn that context is important in any conversation with Abraham.

With each conversation, Abraham are answering both the Hot Seater's specific question (and relative to the Hot Seater's specific vibration at that time) and the audience's questions. There's always a dual communication going on in every conversation. Furthermore, Abraham use that conversation to enhance the expansion of the audience that has already taken place in the unfolding of that Workshop.

The all-important context and unfolding is usually lost in the editing process. The result can often seem like Abraham are contradicting themselves, giving different answers to the same question in different Workshops. When you listen to the conversations in the context of their respective full Workshops, you'll see that Abraham is always consistent, just tailoring their answers to where those particular Hot Seaters are vibrationally in that moment, to what the overall audience wants to know and to the unfolding of the same, consistent message in that Workshop.

Without that context and without the larger framework of principles which form these teachings, experience has shown us that people whose sole exposure to this material often get a distorted view of Abraham's message, with important gaps in their understanding. These distortions and gaps (which are less likely to occur with an Abraham book) then slow down their vibrational and manifestational progress.

From the larger perspective of our Inner Being, "slow" or "fast" (or "good" or "bad") have no meaning, so that's not a "bad" thing. However, we all want our stuff (right?), so we're going to recommend to you the most effective and productive way our experience has shown us.

Top of Thread
    Table of Contents
    Last edited by WellBeing; 03-15-2017 at 12:32 PM.

What are the requirements for membership on the Abe Forum?

What are the requirements for membership on the Abe Forum?

We're please we are able to make the Abe Forum available to people around the globe. We only have few requirements for membership on the Abe Forum:

• You have an appreciation for the teachings of Abraham
    • You have an interest in learning more about them
    • You have a willingness to apply these teachings to your life
    • You have a desire to discussing these teachings with similarly-minded others.
    • You share the intentions of the Abe Forum. (To read more about the Purpose and Intent of the Abe Forum, click here.)
    • You have read and agree to the Abe Forum Policies

As you can see, English is the default language of the Abe Forum. While we ask that all members communicate in English, please don't worry about your English being "good enough." We've found that a genuine desire to communicate with one another is more helpful than a diploma in English.

If you have any questions about these requirements but you're not yet a member of the Abe Forum, you can Contact Us by using the link in the footer bar at the bottom of every page of the Abe Forum. Fill out the form you see after clicking on that link and someone will respond.

If you've already registered and have not yet heard back from us, please note that all membership requests are approved manually. That approval generally takes 24 hours, although occasionally it can take a little longer than that. You will be notified by email when your membership request has been approved. If it's been longer than that 24 hours, please us the Contact Us link in the footer bar at the bottom of every page of the Abe Forum and someone will respond to you.

Top of Thread
    Table of Contents
    Membership Index
    About the Abe Forum Index
    Last edited by WellBeing; 06-15-2016 at 01:58 PM.

I've registered as a member but I haven't heard back yet. What should I do?

I've registered as a member but I haven't heard back yet. What should I do?

If you've already registered and have not yet heard back from us, please note that all membership requests are approved manually. That approval generally takes 24 hours, although occasionally it can take a little longer than that. You will be notified by email when your membership request has been approved. If it's been longer than that 24 hours, please us the Contact Us link in the footer bar at the bottom of every page of the Abe Forum and someone will respond to you.

Top of Thread
    Table of Contents
    Membership Index
    Last edited by WellBeing; 06-15-2016 at 01:57 PM.