Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Common Questions about the Abe Forum

How do I close my member account on the Abe Forum?

How do I close my member account on the Abe Forum?

We're sorry that you've decided to go, but we know you're off to more wonderful creating and we wish you great joy in that.

The simplest way to leave the Abe Forum is just line up with your new adventures and head on out towards them. There's really no need to close your account. Many of our Forum friends return to play with us after a walkabout and appreciate having their posts, messages, friends and their friends' activity waiting for them when they return.

If you think there's a possibility that you might like to return to your account (Many of our Forum friends do!) and would like to retain that history and those connections yet you still would like to us to suspend your account, we can do that. Please send your request by Private Message to a moderator (Click here for a list of moderators.) and we'll take care of it. We should let you know that, when we close an account temporarily, the Abe Forum software places a "Banned" label next to your posts. That's just how the software operates. When you return, simply notify us using the Contact Us link in the footer at the bottom of every page and we'll reactivate your account. When your account is reactivated, that "Banned" label will disappear.

We can close your account, but that move is irreversible. You won't be able to search your past threads or posts, access any of your Private Messages or maintain your list of Friends. If this is what you would like, please send a Private Message with this request to David, who will take care of it. Remember, once this is done, we cannot undo this. When this is done, your posts will remain on the Abe Forum, but the Forum software will place a "Guest" label next to your posts.

Whatever you choose, we wish you well.

Top of Thread
    Table of Contents
    Frequently Asked Questions Index
    Membership Index
    Last edited by WellBeing; 06-15-2016 at 02:56 PM.

I can't log onto my account! How can I get in touch with you guys?

I can't log onto my account! How can I get in touch with you guys?

Not to worry!

In the footer band at the bottom of every page of the Abe Forum, you'll find a Contact Us link. Clicking that link will take you to a page, where you can fill in the forms, and an email will be sent to a Forum Administrator. Please make sure your email address is filled in accurately in that form or we may not be able to respond to you.

Top of Thread
    Table of Contents
    Membership Index
    Technical Questions Index
    Last edited by WellBeing; 06-15-2016 at 02:55 PM.

How do I post a picture on the Abe Forum?

How do I post a picture on the Abe Forum?

Many of our Forum friends enjoy posting pictures on the Abe Forum. We have a unique Image Posting Policy on the Abe Forum so, if you've not already done so, please take a moment to familiarize yourself with it.

Once that's taken care of, simply copy (using that function of your browser) the image you've selected and paste it into the Quick Reply box of the Abe Forum software. Preview your image, making sure it will look the way you want it to. You can preview your image by clicking on the Go Advanced button underneath the Quick Reply box and then click the Preview Post button underneath the text box on the next page.

If this does not sufficiently answer your questions, please open up a thread in our Technical Questions sub-forum, asking the question you'd like answered.

Top of Thread
    Table of Contents
    Pictures on the Abe Forum Index
    Posting on the Abe Forum Index
    Last edited by WellBeing; 06-15-2016 at 02:54 PM.

How can I tell if my picture is pasted or "linked"?

How can I tell if my picture is pasted or "linked"?

Hey! Thanks for reading our Image Posting Policy and knowing to ask this question! We really appreciate it.

Don't rely on your sight to tell the difference, because they'll look the same. So, here are two easy tests:

• Click (or tap, depending on your device) on your image. If you're taken to another page, your image is linked.
    • If you're using a device with an on-screen cursor (like from a mouse), position your cursor over the image. If you've linked your image (to another website), your cursor will change itself (depending on your personal system's settings) as it floats over the linked image.

You can do either of these tests if you preview your post (Click on the Go Advanced button underneath the Quick Reply box and then click the Preview Post button underneath the text box on the next page.) before submitting it.

If this does not sufficiently answer your questions, please open up a thread in our Technical Questions sub-forum, asking the question you'd like answered.

Top of Thread
    Table of Contents
    Pictures on the Abe Forum Index
    Last edited by WellBeing; 06-15-2016 at 02:54 PM.

How do I open a thread?

How do I open a thread?

It's really easy to do!
    1. Go to the main page of the sub-forum in which you'd like to open your thread. (For some tips to help you choose the location of your new thread, read the descriptions on the main homepage of the Abe Forum as well as these supplemental descriptions. However, don't worry too much about whether it's the "right" or "wrong" sub-forum. If the moderators think your thread would be better placed in a different sub-forum, we'll just move it and leave a link so you can find it in its new placement. Click here to read more about when your thread has been moved.)
    2. At the top left of each sub-forum main page, there's a Post a New Thread button. When you click on that, you'll be taken to a new page where you will need to enter the title of your thread and below that, a text editing box where you can enter the message to start off your thread.
    3. It's always a good practice to have an intention in mind when you start your thread, to keep the focus on the teachings of Abraham as they apply to your situation and to reach for the best feeling place that you can from where you are.
    4. Give some thought to the title of your thread as your title will call different Forum friends from different disks. Once you've submitted your thread, its title can only be changed by a moderator.
    5. The general FAQ pages of the Abe Forum software will give you more details about the editing tools, etc.
    6. Check in with your emotional guidance to make sure that your post is focused more towards your wanted (rather than towards your unwanted).

Please note that in spite of what the software FAQ mentions, it is not possible to create polls on the Abe Forum at this time.

Top of Thread
    Table of Contents
    Getting Around the Abe Forum Index
    Last edited by WellBeing; 06-15-2016 at 02:52 PM.

How do I reply to a thread?

How do I reply to a thread?

You can simply reply to the thread by clicking on the + Reply to Thread button at the top left or bottom left of each page of the thread. Or, if you want to reply to a particular post, simply click on the Reply link underneath that post. In either case, the Abe Forum software will take you to a Quick Reply box, where you can simply type your message. The Quick Reply box offers a basic set of editing tools and, if that's all you need, you can click Post Quick Reply (underneath the Quick Reply field) when you're finished typing. If you want an expanded supply of editing tools, just click on the Go Advanced button (underneath the Quick Reply box) and the Abe Forum software will take you the Advanced Editing page.

Unless you're replying to the latest post in a thread (and, given how active some discussions can get, it can be hard to tell which is the "latest"), It's a good idea to include in your post to whom you're replying--particularly if the post to which you're reply is more than two posts above yours. (Click here if you'd like to read some suggestions of how to do that.)

Whichever method you use, don't forget to click on the Post button. And, as always, make sure you re-read your post and ask yourself how it feels before clicking Post.

Top of Thread
    Table of Contents
    Last edited by WellBeing; 06-15-2016 at 02:50 PM.

How do I refer my reply to a member upthread?

How do I refer my reply to a member upthread?

Unless you're replying to the latest post in a thread (and, given how active some discussions can get, it can be hard to tell which is the "latest"), It's a good idea to include in your post to whom you're replying--particularly if the post to which you're reply is more than two posts above yours. There are a couple of ways to do that:

• The simplest way is to just reference the member's name in your reply. (For example, "@WellBeing" or "WellBeing, I read your post #X...." or even "WB,...") OR
    • You can Reply With Quote. You can read more about the Reply with Quote feature here.

Top of Thread
    Table of Contents
    Last edited by WellBeing; 06-15-2016 at 02:49 PM.

How do I quote a post?

How do I quote a post?

Click on the Reply With Quote button underneath the post to which you'd like to reply. The Abe Forum software will copy into the Quick Reply box the full text of the post to which you're replying message. Important: when you are Replying With Quote, please make sure that the quoted text has a "QUOTE" tag (Tags are enclosed in brackets [ ].) at its beginning and a "/QUOTE" tag at its end. Otherwise, your quoted text will not display properly. Enter your reply after this final "/QUOTE" tag. You can preview your reply to make sure it looks good by clicking on the Go Advanced button (underneath the Quick Reply box) and then, in the next Advanced Editing page, the Preview Post button (underneath the Editing box).

If you'd like to quote multiple passages of the same quote (as some of our Forum friends like to do), make sure that the "QUOTE" and "/QUOTE" tags--with their enclosing brackets--are at the beginning and end of each quoted passage. This will tell the Abe Forum software which passages are the quotes and which are your replies.

Top of Thread
    Table of Contents

Last edited by WellBeing; 06-21-2016 at 12:55 PM.

How can I format my posts?

How can I format my posts?

You'll find a set of basic formatting buttons in the toolbar across the Quick Reply box. (You can learn more about the Quick Reply box and its tools in the FAQ pages for the Abe Forum software.) If you'd like more formatting tools and choices, click the Go Advanced button under the Quick Reply box. Clicking the Go Advanced button will take you to the Advanced Editing page. (You can learn more about the Advanced Editing page and its tools in the FAQ pages for the Abe Forum software.)

To make sure that the Advanced Editing page displays the range of tools and options that you want, please make sure that you have selected the option you want under Miscellaneous Options in General Settings on your Settings page. (You can get to your Settings page by clicking on the Settings link found in the upper right corner of the masthead found atop every page of the Abe Forum.) The Abe Forum software will provide you with a description of your various choices on that page.

Top of Thread
    Table of Contents
    Last edited by WellBeing; 06-15-2016 at 02:47 PM.

Is there a setting to remember my preferred formatting for my posts?

Is there a setting to remember my preferred formatting for my posts?

While you can personalize many aspects of how you interact with the Abe Forum, the software which runs the Abe Forum doesn't yet allow us to set a standard, custom formatting which it will later automatically apply to your posts as you compose them. For now, you get to choose, from the wide range of formatting options available, which format is the best match to each of your posts, as you compose them. And doesn't Abraham teach us that we chose to come into this physical time-space reality for the variety and the newness it has to offer us?

Read more about personalizing your experience on the Abe Forum.

Top of Thread
    Table of Contents
    Commonly Asked Questions Index
    Last edited by WellBeing; 03-15-2017 at 02:46 PM.