Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Using Abraham teaching, attracting specific person, what is your take on this?

Using Abraham teaching, attracting specific person, what is your take on this?

Okay, I've already shared this in an Abraham group on facebook. I was just hoping for a little insight and most of all, just wanted to discuss this with other Abers. However, nobody responded.

Have any of you Abers here had any lucky with attracting a specific person? There's this friend who I've known for a little less than a year now. I met him volunteering with the Red Cross, at blood drives. It wasn't until the last few months that I ever went places or really hung out with him, outside the blood drives. The truth is that I love him and have never loved anybody before; I've never felt attracted to a person in the way I am attracted to him. I don't know how he feels, what he thinks, or anything. He has never said anything in regards to this subject, but he also has Asperger's and has never had a relationship before. He's afraid of the other volunteers but he always sticks by me. I admit that I do often feel nervousness, worry, and other resistant thoughts which could be vibrationally keeping me from my desire- To have him as a partner. I keep worrying about him not being interested and rejecting me. I really care about this person and he means so much to me. I started following Abraham a few months before he came into the picture. I began reading law of attraction material -though Abe is the only LOA material that I have any use for now- with the intention to find somebody. Inspired actions and a chain of events has lead me to meeting him; I kept getting emails from our volunteer rep about blood drives that I normally wouldn't have went to. But my inner voice kept saying to go, so I did. All of those drives, I'd show up at the venue and find him there. The drives of my choosing, he was never at. From the first time I laid eyes on him, he caught my attention but I didn't have any romantic feelings for him. Then one night, I had this dream about him, similar to the one Esther had about Jerry. That morning, I woke up with the most peaceful, good feeling that I have ever felt in a long time. And I have never looked at him the same way again. Just ten days before my dream, I already saw his named listed on the schedule for this blood drive; which our chapter of the Red Cross was having for the local football team. Being that it was so early in the morning and I don't drive, I wouldn't dare have volunteered at this drive myself. But after waking up from this dream, I contacted our rep and asked her to please sign me up! I felt inspired to get up at 4 am and take a bus out of the area to go to this drive. I did this to talk to him, but the whole day felt wonderful, regardless! I was truly on "the high flying disc" that day. We really hit it off! If it weren't for me having that dream, I would have never went to that blood drive. There's more to the story and I'll say that later, in additional comments. Do you think that maybe he is the person I've attracted? Especially since I have never felt this way about anybody in the years before discovering Abraham and putting these principles to work. How can I use the law of attraction/Abraham teachings to manifest a relationship with this person?

Quote Originally Posted by sunflowerlove View Post
    Okay, I've already shared this in an Abraham group on facebook. I was just hoping for a little insight and most of all, just wanted to discuss this with other Abers. However, nobody responded.

Have any of you Abers here had any lucky with attracting a specific person? There's this friend who I've known for a little less than a year now. I met him volunteering with the Red Cross, at blood drives. It wasn't until the last few months that I ever went places or really hung out with him, outside the blood drives. The truth is that I love him and have never loved anybody before; I've never felt attracted to a person in the way I am attracted to him. I don't know how he feels, what he thinks, or anything. He has never said anything in regards to this subject, but he also has Asperger's and has never had a relationship before. He's afraid of the other volunteers but he always sticks by me. I admit that I do often feel nervousness, worry, and other resistant thoughts...
    Let's start here: How are you attending to this guidance that you're having? And, if you're not yet attending to this guidance, what do you think that guidance means? (Careful! That last one is a trick question.)

which could be vibrationally keeping me from my desire- To have him as a partner.
    Let's say this more accurately. Abraham teach us that the reason we want anything--a big pile of money, a lover in our bed, a bed, everything--is because we believe that we will feel better in the having of it.

So, your desire is "to feel better." So, is this story and all its details helping you to feel worse or to feel better?

I keep worrying about him not being interested and rejecting me.
    Worry is a point on the Scale, isn't it? What does that mean to you?

I really care about this person and he means so much to me. I started following Abraham a few months before he came into the picture. I began reading law of attraction material -though Abe is the only LOA material that I have any use for now- with the intention to find somebody.
    So, here's where we go off the rails with so many new friends, especially when it comes to love discussions. Our friends in those conversations want to approach these teachings as if they are some sort of "vibrational voodoo" to get Fred. ("Fred" is our Forum shorthand for the other in a relationship. You can find more acronyms and abbreviations that we commonly use here on the Forum in our Glossary.)

Abraham teach us to find our alignment first ("Get happy!", "Get in the Vortex, and then...", "Get in the receptive mode...", etc.) and, from that place of alignment, allow what we have already put into our Vortex, flow from the Vortex into our beds. We find our alignment first by feeling better. Abraham teach us that this is a vibrational or an emotional journey. That's the point of their story of the road trip from Phoenix to San Diego.

What happens to most people is that they turn that vibrational journey (that emotional journey) into an intellectual journey, as you're doing here, did you notice?

So, how are you reaching for your alignment here?

If you set as your intention to "feel better" (which is why you want this or any other man), then how can you feel better about this subject? Now, I know. You've listened to AAIIG and you have your books (Good for you!) so--if you're like me--you might want to talk about Focus Wheels or Scripting, etc. But here's something that you might want to consider: Perhaps the easiest way you can feel better about this subject is to withdraw your attention from it and focus on something else which is easier for you to feel better about.

Ooo. Trippy, no? If your "goal" is to get in the Vortex (and it is), where all of your "stuff" (including your Vortex lover) is and you can easily get in the Vortex by thinking about fluffy bunnies, then you're in the Vortex... which is where you want to be!

Do you think that maybe he is the person I've attracted?
    I can't tell you if he is your mate and I won't discuss whether he's "the one" (because there is no such thing), but you did attract him. He would not be in your experience if you didn't attract him. That's a given.

But that's not the question I would be asking, if I were in your position. I would be asking "How can I find my alignment?" Because when you're worrying and thinking "resistant thoughts," you're not finding your alignment, where your clarity is.

How can I use the law of attraction/Abraham teachings to manifest a relationship with this person?
    This isn't some sort of "vibrational voodoo" so I would suggest you rethink your approach to this subject. You may have noticed that, in my reply, I've stepped back from the specifics of your situation, into the General place of these teachings, where you may have more clarity. When we found that more vibrationally-stable place, I pointed in the direction of your wanted and built from there. Do you see?

I'm sorry if I come off too crazy, irrational, immature, naïve, or any other negative way. I really didn't mean to.

I understand that this isn't any vibrational voodoo, I was just wondering if there was any chance that you could attract a specific person. I understand that I need to get more general about this. You ask if the story, in all it's details helping me to feel better or worse; I say it's helping me to feel better.

My worrying is a force of habit that I've had since early childhood. I've always worried about everything. I still haven't broke out of this.

It would be best to withdraw my attention from it entirely, I agree. But right now, it's hard to. So, I've decided to stick with scripting and focus wheels in the meantime.

I understand that this isn't any vibrational voodoo, I was just wondering if there was any chance that you could attract a specific person.
    You can. But, typically, when people ask this question, they are asking from a vibration of "need" or "yearning" or "insecurity" or "doubt" (you'll have to use your own guidance to determine how you feel). All of those emotions are telling you that you're not ITV, which is the vibration from which you'll attract the partner you've put in your Vortex.

I understand that I need to get more general about this. You ask if the story, in all it's details helping me to feel better or worse; I say it's helping me to feel better.
    I can't tell you what you are or aren't feeling nor can I tell you if this story feels better or worse to you. But I can tell you that, when a Forum friend tells us that they're "worried" or nervous or aware of resistant thoughts, they have more alignment work and more relief in store for them.

I've suggested one practical way (Going General) that you could reach for that alignment, if you'd like to use it. But Abraham teach us that there are many ways (I stopped counting after "4 dozen") to reach for your alignment. Which technique you use isn't important? What is important is that you feel better from where you now are. (And that's true for all of us, rather than a criticism of you in particular.)

My worrying is a force of habit that I've had since early childhood. I've always worried about everything. I still haven't broke out of this.
    I would say that differently:

"I have had a habit of thinking thoughts about things in a way that's different than how my IB is thinking about those same things in that same moment. As a result of this difference of opinion between the two parts of Me, I experienced an emotion I call 'Worry.' No one told me, but I'm now learning that 'Worry' (and every other negative emotion that I feel) is simply my indicator that the two parts of Me are having a difference of opinion. If I want to feel better than that 'Worry' (or any other negative emotion that I feel), I'll want to bring the opinions of the two parts of Me into agreement. Abraham tell me that my IB will never focus away from my Vortex and its Knowing. So, if I want to bring the opinions of the two parts of Me into agreement, I'll want to shift the thoughts that I (in my physical body) are thinking into alignment with the thoughts of my IB. I will know when I'm actually accomplishing that because I will feel better.

"What I had done before is what I had done before. I did the best that I knew how to do. However, now I know differently, so that I can now decide to do something differently, if I want to. Do I want to do something other than think thoughts which produce for me the emotion of 'Worry'?"

So here are my two cents: I think, it is extremely difficult to do the work with the INTENTION of getting a spasific person.
    I think you can (and I often do) do the work ABOUT a spasific person, and the thoughts and feelings they stir up in you.
    I think it's totally fine and OK (not that anything is not OK) to really WANT a spasific person.
    I think you can use a spasific person as an excuse to think good thoughts (although when you have a big, worry, yerning vibe about a spasific person that may be tricky)
    I don't, however think getting that spasific person should be your intention. Because your intention has to be to feel better, and feeling better IS the work.
    I have tried both ways. And the results when I set my intent to Feel Better are 500x faster and better, than when my intention is focused on a spasific outcome (person, whatever). My results when I do it the other way (trying to find the exact RIGHT way to think or act so I will get my exact, specified results) are that nothing changes and I feel bad about myself and bad about the Abe processes on top of it.
    the universe knows what you want. And what you want is to be happy. You don't have to micro manage the details. Your only job (and I promise you, from the bottom of my heart it's not that hard) is to feel better.
    like WB said worry is an emotion. You can sooth that emotion. If I were you I would start feeling around for thoughts like "I manifested this person I like spending time with into my experince" "I am already seeing all kinds of cool evidence of LOA at work (meeting up with him at spasific events ect.)" "it stands to reason that as I get better at this (feeling better) then more things that please me will start to show up"

And if that soothing isn't working, I don't try to force it. I take a walk, I meditate, I clean my kitchen, I pick flowers, I rampage on something it is really EASY for me to feel good about.
    Thats what I do anyway and have had a lot of really good success with. Hope that is in any way helpful!

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Using Abraham teaching, attracting specific person, what is your take on this?

...HAVE FUN with it!
    Think about what you do want, and don´t "trample your desire with doubt".
    Go general, when things start feeling off even a bit.
    Milk the emotional, wanted Grids, until you just soar high- unconditionally.

If nothing is more important to you
    than that you feel good,
    you can form a fantasy about someone who is in your life
    and they will begin to modify to meet your fantasy,
    because Law of Attraction
    is a very powerful thing.

Abe

WHOM YOU ADORE, ADORES YOU BACK.

"You teach each other your respective responsive vibrations.
    In other words, you don't feel any way about anyone
    without their helping you to feel that way.
    It's really co-creation.

We'll even go further, and bolder, and louder, and blunter.
    If there's somebody you don't like, they don't like you either !

We have never seen it otherwise.
    We have never one time, ever, known someone
    to adore someone...
    that the one that they were adoring,
    didn't adore them back !

Now, some are thinking... 'Oh, wait a minute.
    There was that man that I loved with all my heart and he didn't love me back.'
    And we say, you were offering him insecurity.
    You were offering him worry. It wasn't that pure vibration of love.

When you are tuned in, tapped in, turned on -
    when you are connected to your Source
    and holding someone as your object of attention
    and you are genuinely offering
    that feeling of love and appreciation
    -they can't offer you anything else!"

-Abraham

"The skill is to have desire, that you're not trampling with doubt."

Abe

Finally, you have to decide:
    I AM THE ATTRACTOR of what I want,
    and I can attract it, from ANYONE I want to attract it from.
    And then, pick the one that you think
    is the one that you want-
    and start attracting it.

from the clip
    Abraham-Hicks: What kind of relationship do you want

Have your way with reality!

Abe

"Stop calling it fantasy!
    Iow, because anything that you are focusing on with pleasure,
    you're creating an environment that will fill in with it.

So, but, in the distinction that I'm just daydreaming
    and that this doesn't amount to anything,
    then you're introducing resistance -
    that doesn't let it amount to anything."

SanDiego Febr. 2014

What fun it is to be physically focused
    and have the energy that creates worlds
    flowing through your focus- to assist you in the accomplishment,
    in the creation of anything
    that this space-time reality has inspired within you.

Feel that feeling of unlimited-ness,
    and understand that in anything less than unlimited-ness,
    there is limitedness that you cannot stand
    from a nonphysical point of view,
    because the nonphysical part of you truly understands
    that you are UNLIMITED.

YOU ARE THE ONE PLACING THE LIMITS.
    We think it would be a good thing for you to CUT THAT OUT.“

Abraham Hicks, Portland, OR 06/28/2014

...just a few quotes from the quote collection
    The Fun of Dating

One more thing and I'll hush I promise
    i really like focus wheels, they are my "go to" work. And focus wheels have a "current" (the place you are at) and a "destination" (the place you want to be).
    in the begining my "destination" was something like:" my lover is in my bed and we are blissfully happy". And I didn't get a lot of traction with that.
    So my destination became something like "I feel fabulous about all aspects of my relationship" and I didn't get a ton of traction with that either.
    Now days my "destination" is always some form of "i feel a little bit better" and I get SO much more traction from that.

Thank you for your replies. Very helpful, thank you!

I'll ask this question in the same thread, so I don't spam up the forum with stuff like this.... I'm not saying whether this is for me, a friend, or anybody else. But... How can a person who has never had their first kiss or any sexual contact use the law of attraction to manifest somebody that they are attracted to, and lose their virginity? This is a person who is very curious about sex and gets very frustrated. This person really wants to experience this. Their desire is to experience sex. Is isn't important to them that they have a serious relationship at their point in their life.

How can a person who has never had their first kiss or any sexual contact use the law of attraction to manifest somebody that they are attracted to, and lose their virginity?
    Similar to the way that a toddler who has never walked before is able to learn how to walk. They practice learning to stand, then they practice learning to keep their balance while they take a step, then they practice being able to take another step. In between, there's lots of falling down. In other words, this person would feel their way until they're able to feel the way they want to feel about this subject.
    This is a person who is very curious about sex and gets very frustrated. This person really wants to experience this. Their desire is to experience sex. Is isn't important to them that they have a serious relationship at their point in their life.
    It's understandable that you'd look at it this way from an action standpoint. From an emotional standpoint, the desire is to be able to think about sex without feeling frustrated. In other words, they have to find a way to enjoy the subject without the conditions changing. Find relief from the emotion of frustration and things will change.