Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Using Abraham teaching, attracting specific person, what is your take on this?

Maybe it all depends on how we individually choose to live our lives. Some like the game of Desire and manifesting Specifics. Some like to live in flow with source. Some feel like they are here to have experience after experience just for the fun of it. Some are here to blend more fully with their IB. And everything in between.

And then, how do we individually manage our energy? For example, I see people with a singular confidence. They see what they want and there is no doubt they will have it. I am not one of those people, so I flow my energy in a different way that works for me (like being less specific).

It doesn?t feel right to me for many reasons to say ?that?s the guy for me!? and attract him on purpose. And that?s me and I know it.

So it has nothing to do with LOA and everything to do with ourselves, what is our larger desire, and how we manage our own energy. IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by FallenAngel View Post
    Arguing for the limitations of LoA is exactly what you're doing.
    You're certainly welcome to interpret what I'm doing however you like. After all, that's how this physical experience works -- we're always interpreting vibration. It's just not what I'm actually doing.
    Maribel is making a point that there are no limits to having what or who we want. Our desires are co-creations between us and Source. The very idea of a desire is indication that we're on the beam of alignment. There are no "wrong people" for us, there are only thoughts that indicate the extent to which we are in alignment with what we want. What difference does it make whether this discussion is one day old or 100 years old, the LoA works as the LoA works and right now we're discussing whether we can manifest a loving relationship with someone who is presently offering what appears to be reluctance.
    And I'm making a different point that doesn't contradict what she's saying at all. I'm pointing out that if focusing on the specifics doesn't feel good, it's easier to offer a more general vibration that still aligns you with what you want, which is where this thread started. I've also explicitly pointed out that focusing generally DOES NOT mean you can't have the specifics of what you want, but you seem to have ignored that.
    Mirable is very clear that we can. She is not coming from a place that you describe (or that you're imaging that most people would come from,) she is coming from a place of knowing that the people we love always love us back.
    Yes, and I acknowledged that in my last post. What she's doing works for her, which is great. Rather, it was really tuned into more of what the OP had written, as focusing on the specific person wasn't really working for them. That's also what Joesh-E-Jericho seemed to be pointing at when he responded to this thread.
    Arguing for the limitations of LoA is exactly what you're doing:
    If it feels better for you to think so, then be my guest. In actuality, I'm talking about how resistance can make focusing specifically counterproductive and how you can focus more generally and still achieve what you want.
    Again, I'd really like to hear the quote where Abraham encourages us to talk ourselves out of our desire for someone because they don't want us. I'd like to hear a quote in which Abraham encourages us to use someone else's excitement as the basis for our own guidance.
    It's one of their recent workshops, in the last month, I think. You're more than welcome to find it.

If it feels better for you to think so, then be my guest. In actuality, I'm talking about how resistance can make focusing specifically counterproductive and how you can focus more generally and still achieve what you want.

Yup Thanks all for the discussion! I really like how FA and poe remind us that we can have whatever or whoever we want to be do or have that is so inspiring

I have to admit I'm probably the only person here who actually thinks he's settling for less lol

But that's only because my focus at times (and yes this can apply to manifesting a person, or something else) is a little too specific that it has to be and if it is, it feels melancholy and frustrating as hell,

I can get specific on something and GET THAT thing or Person right away if I don't have resistance as Marc has been saying

At the same time, it's usually a going general then if I can manage to just found an ounce of feeling better about a sticky topic a sticky Fred, or Gina if you feel since that is the topic of this thread, that then the SPECIFICS start flowing in like a Grid

Most of the time though I'd rather be stubborn and upset than happy and general

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paulmanifestor View Post
    I really like how FA and poe remind us that we can have whatever or whoever we want to be do or have that is so inspiring
    So glad it helps!
    sticky Fred, or Gina

Most of the time though I'd rather be stubborn and upset than happy and general
    honest question: Why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    You're certainly welcome to interpret what I'm doing however you like. After all, that's how this physical experience works -- we're always interpreting vibration. It's just not what I'm actually doing.

(...) I'm making a different point that doesn't contradict what she's saying at all. I'm pointing out that if focusing on the specifics doesn't feel good, it's easier to offer a more general vibration that still aligns you with what you want
    ...and I so agree.

The idea of backing off even so slightly and relaxing about the problem seems to activate fierce resistance in many of us, that causes us to fight, dig in and -as paulmanifestor phrased so humorously - be upset and stubborn. It literally can make us somehow blind to see or hear what is really said in lots of cases- this is not the first thread about this topic where a lot of misunderstanding happens, and I myself have been there and done that, as well. It happened even in the original "Fred"-segment between Abraham and the HS!

So, this whole topic of "getting a specific person" seems to have this effect over and over again. I really wonder why that is. It might help to understand..!?

Quote Originally Posted by paradise-on-earth View Post
    ...and I so agree.

The idea of backing off even so slightly and relaxing about the problem seems to activate fierce resistance in many of us, that causes us to fight, dig in and -as paulmanifestor phrased so humorously - be upset and stubborn. It literally can make us somehow blind to see or hear what is really said in lots of cases- this is not the first thread about this topic where a lot of misunderstanding happens, and I myself have been there and done that, as well. It happened even in the original "Fred"-segment between Abraham and the HS!

So, this whole topic of "getting a specific person" seems to have this effect over and over again. I really wonder why that is. It might help to understand..!?
    Making an own guess:

As it often happens with this topic, there is not only a lot of misunderstanding, but also a lot of really misleading belief going on. And we might have heard it before, it goes like that:

"You can NOT have what life has caused you to desire!" (coupled with all sorts of mostly wellmeaning but flawed premises that society has trained us into since thousands of years).

Abe have said, when something REALLY matters, we REALLY feel our REALLY bold emotional guidance (which can be so very basic as to not be distracted in ANY WAY from the belief that we CAN have what we want).

Which would make us numb for the less bold informations, which actually would help us. So, in pursuing the general truth that we CAN do or be or have EVERYTHING, which matters to us soooooo very much- we might miss the helpful little hints that SEEM to be roadblock- while they actually are a sign for a very helpful detour that would make the journey so much more safe, easy and enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by WellBean View Post
    Maybe it all depends on how we individually choose to live our lives. Some like the game of Desire and manifesting Specifics. Some like to live in flow with source.
    Isn't that really the same?

So glad it helps!

honest question: Why is that?
    Momentum i think

Momentum i think
    Momentum on what?

-Thinking you need to be (painfully) motivated to make things happen?
    -Thinking you'll play it safe and not go into fulfillment (for heavens's sake, "who am I to get all that I want... and even in ease!??")
    -Thinking, when you keep being the victim, you can't get it "wrong", and then people will not make fun of you...?

Not wanting to put you on the spot here
    *I* had been in ALL this places myself... and it was really fun to see through the bogus eventually! (And I guess there are a few hundred more bogus excuses... might find some still active within *me*...)

Isn't that really the same?
    I don?t think so. I mean it as in some people more often want to decide specific details. Others are more into generalities.

For example, some people want a job with an exact salary in this exact field. Others might just want a fulfilling career and not be so set in the details.

As you said in your post, some prefer to work with their IB?s and allow for the best option to be manifested. Some people say ?that over there is exactly what I want and I won?t be swayed.?

To me, the question isn?t ?does LOA work for attracting a certain person? but ?what do I really really want? Why do I want this person? How do I do my best vibe work??